Author Topic: HT: WestHam 1 - 1 Liverpool  (Read 2414 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: HT: WestHam 1 - 1 Liverpool
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2023, 08:38:58 pm »
The right side of midfield opens up like Moses and the Red Sea….

On the other hand, we’ve also played some lovely football
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2023, 08:39:10 pm »
Going forward it's all looked really nice, can't believe we aren't winning to be honest, bit disappointing but that said WH look like they're carrying a threat themselves.

We didn't deserve to go behind that's for sure. Gakpo's goal excellent though and TAA at the centre of it all again.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2023, 08:39:17 pm »
Trent and Gakpo world class. Alisson shocking for the goal. I would have saved that myself.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2023, 08:39:35 pm »
Controlled much of that half, but they were far the more threatening on the counter.

TAA was terrific - far and away the game’s outstanding player offensively and defensively. Hendo was invisible until the last 10.

Gakpo looks increasingly like a Liverpool player, I like him. Mo looks increasingly like a shadow of his former self. Oh, and their opener? Like the proverbial knife through butter.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2023, 08:39:39 pm »

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2023, 08:39:41 pm »
We've played well, just need to cut out the silly mistakes at the back

Gakpo has been classy yet again, he links the play so well and just never looks rattled in possession, makes the right pass the majority of the time and what a fucking finish

The counter pressing has been really good tonight

Jones looks to hve grown in confidence, seems to be showing much more confidence and great to hear him calling out teammates

Trent wonderful again, just gotta be careful of them exploiting the space behind him but he's played some lovely stuff and made some good interceptions.

We need to move it a bit quicker and bring Salah into the game but we've had some decent chances Jota unlucky twice

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2023, 08:39:50 pm »

Bollicks. Fabinho has been really good tonight
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2023, 08:39:53 pm »
Curtis probably told to keep things simple. But has the ability to provide killer passes etc he should just go for it, and not be afraid.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2023, 08:40:02 pm »
That commentator is a bit excitable when west Han attack isn’t he?

Thought he was on his vinegar strokes for that last attack by Benrama. 

Online StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2023, 08:40:07 pm »
Pass-it-backwards Theatre.  :(

Every time we were on the attack and had a chance to get the numbers on them that we slowed it down and tried to finesse a perfect pass through them resulted in nothing but inflating our completed pass stats, allowing them to get 9 behind the ball, and zero pressure on the goal. 

The space open in our leftside front 1/3 is gaping but we never seem to put a through ball there or attack up the touchline from there. 

Has the feel of a 2-2 or 3-3 finish to me. 

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2023, 08:40:15 pm »
West ham seem has zero interest in trying to press us and are inviting us onto them everytime we get the ball. It's up to us to create something and get them to come out of their shell. Obvious tactic to break on us and expose trent when he's central in transition from our attack to theirs. He's been our best player easily so far. Need a bit more invention in and around the box with more dynamic runners or a sly little pass in between the small gaps.

Has a feeling of a end of season game with the pace of it at times but hasn't been uninteresting
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2023, 08:40:16 pm »
We're taking too many passes getting into positions in their half and they've had have time to organise mostly.

Our right side's looking pretty empty at times and they're using it.Fast paced game this.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2023, 08:40:18 pm »
Upgrades on Henderson and Curtis in that midfield and would have been cruising.

Curtis has played very well? What game have you been watching mate.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2023, 08:40:23 pm »
I missed the goal  :-\

That's a shame it was a good one.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2023, 08:40:24 pm »
Henderson is killing us out there.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2023, 08:40:30 pm »
Playing well on the ball but so wide open when we turn it over, plus our inability to challenge for and win the ball being shown again. Jota with two really good chances that he should have put away in his form

Trent has played really well but we need to cover that side better, also liked Jones performance too. Hendo has had a bit of a poor game and feel Robbo and Van Dijk need to do more when on the ball

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2023, 08:40:38 pm »
Need some posters anti jinxing Jota, saying hes always missing sitters, like in the last HT thread

Gakpo is brilliant, even aside from the goal

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2023, 08:40:42 pm »
Weird takes on Jones. Thought he was decent in the middle of the park, but he is incredibly blunt around the box.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2023, 08:40:48 pm »
Hmm, he didn’t track the runner and that led to their goal..  good and bad tonight
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Penfold78

• Kopite
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2023, 08:40:48 pm »
Buzzing the ball around very swiftly in attack, looks pretty. Sexy 5 aside moves. Trent looks on it. But we get caught with our pants down every time they counterattack our right.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2023, 08:40:48 pm »
Should be leading.

West Ham's goal and couple of chances around 40 minutes all came our of nothing and shouldn't fool anyone into thinking it was competitive - West Ham couldn't get out of their third of the pitch there, and were desperate for the half time whistle.

We've not been perfect in either box, but we're completely dominating the rest of the pitch. The pressing has been the best for a while, Trent has looked brillant at times, and it's easily one of Fabinho's best performances of the season.

Game is there for the taking if we can just find the final bit of sharpness.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2023, 08:41:06 pm »
That's a shame it was a good one.

So I hear  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2023, 08:41:09 pm »
It’s just the thing to say regardless. Dull stuff

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2023, 08:41:25 pm »
A chunk of credit for their goal goes to Benrahma, dragged Trent wide just as Pacqueta stepped in field. Gotta cover eachother in those instances and cut off the runner so he hasn't got that space to shoot

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2023, 08:41:31 pm »
He has yeah.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2023, 08:41:47 pm »
Henderson is killing us out there.

He's not been great but must've had his weetabix before coming out.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2023, 08:41:54 pm »
Jones, Trent and Gakpo all excellent.
Absolutely, they've been fantastic.

Salah's passing has been woeful, and Virg just has the odd moment where he switches off. We've played some good stuff though.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2023, 08:42:09 pm »
Weird takes on Jones. Thought he was decent in the middle of the park, but he is incredibly blunt around the box.

His counter pressing is great, and he looks after it well enough, but he's unbelievably slow to move the ball. Really has to improve that side of his game.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2023, 08:42:12 pm »
Trent and Gakpo world class. Alisson shocking for the goal. I would have saved that myself.
I thought both 'keepers could have done better on the goals.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2023, 08:42:22 pm »
Not a bad game so far. Still think we’ll win this

Original thought West Ham’s opener was a really good goal but after watching it again, some pretty shit defending and think Allison might even feel like he could of saved that too

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2023, 08:42:35 pm »
Gakpo is always doing good things loving the way he's settled in now. The system is still to be worked on though too open at times.

Open because Robbo has to go forward to give us width. Salah and Jota need to be wide in this system and both drift infield. I can see why because without it Curtis and Henderson have to carry the creative burden and they struggle.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2023, 08:42:38 pm »

He has lovely balance and protects the ball awfully well under pressure but he's always missed that killer instinct around the box. That pass against he played against leeds would be lovely again please!
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2023, 08:42:46 pm »
Hmm, he didn’t track the runner and that led to their goal..  good and bad tonight
There were a number of opportunities to stop that move, if he wasn’t good for that he’s not done much wrong, won the ball back a few times in midfield, looking more like his old self to me

Oh his shot was shit I’ll give you that
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2023, 08:43:04 pm »
Think Trent hasn’t put any decent balls into the box that half. One good ball from him in the second would probably seal the deal.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2023, 08:43:14 pm »
Not able to watch this one live but going off stats and match day commentary we seem to be doing pretty well so far. Hopefully get one early if not bring in a few subs around the 60 minute mark to impact the game.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2023, 08:43:45 pm »

Won the ball back numerous times in our counter press and he's recycling the ball well keeping us on the attack, also running in behind but just hasn't been picked out, prime example being the Fabinho shot where he should have disguised the reverse pass in to Jones

There's very little space to operate in and Jones is playing well again

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2023, 08:44:02 pm »

Yeah, but he's been rubbish the whole season

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2023, 08:44:15 pm »
Gakpo is a very good player. Looks like a great signing.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2023, 08:44:53 pm »
We showed good mentality to get back into it. We had setbacks against forest and also Leeds got one back early in the second half but we've repsonded well in those instances and same again tonight.

It's very congested out there, not sure it suits some of our players characteristics, feel like we need a bit of Thiago or Diaz.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2023, 08:44:55 pm »
Need some posters anti jinxing Jota, saying hes always missing sitters, like in the last HT thread

Gakpo is brilliant, even aside from the goal
Jota couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. No way he scores in this game. 🫤
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.