Author Topic: Half time: Liverpool 0-0 Nottingham Forest  (Read 2013 times)

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
Re: Half time: Liverpool 0-0 Nottingham Forest
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2023, 03:53:49 pm »
Darwin on please.

Should have had a penalty too. Clear handball.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2023, 03:53:53 pm »
Good half good movement and creating some good chances. Really should be 1 or 2 ahead by now!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2023, 03:53:58 pm »
We're playing well without blowing them away. Our passing is better and it's coming through in patches

Just need to up the tempo just a little.

Thiago on in the 2nd half please

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2023, 03:54:07 pm »
Enjoyed that. Dominated and controlled. Could do with moving the ball quicker and switching play more readily. Jota and robbo in acres of space at times.

Ref seemingly wanting to give them every 50/50 and challenges from behind. Think that was what jurgen was losing his shit over.

Forest have that banner and then act like lower league bellends for the match.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2023, 03:54:21 pm »
Not really sure what Jota offers anymore.

Two goals on a Monday night.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2023, 03:54:35 pm »
Forest continuing their extreme luck from the first game against us.

A bit pointless having Henderson and Fabinho on here. It’s an against blackline of 10 players with no interest in playing a game of football.
Yeah, Henderson can switch with Salah, but Fabinho isn't adding much that Trent and/or Thiago couldn't do in the same areas, both offering more on the ball.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2023, 03:54:47 pm »
Thiago on for Jones at HT please

Yeah agreed, Curtis doesn't seem on it today, missed a few obvious forward passes to play safety first.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2023, 03:55:01 pm »
If the Leeds game showed how Trent coming  into midfield could work really well, this game has shown how it doesn't work at all. He's not finding any space and he's miles from the opposition goal all the time. We're playing all our football in front of them.

All we've had is set pieces. Which are the only times where Trent is in a position to play a dangerous ball. Having him sitting beside Fabinho gets nothing out of him, and makes our shape (no functioning right hand side) worse.

I'd like to see Thiago on for Jones (who's absolutely chewing the ball and slowing it too much) and get Trent back to being an attacking RB. Stretch Forest and get Trent in positions to do damage.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2023, 03:55:12 pm »
His inability to be clinical will cost him, he’s deffo not a LW

I have no idea what his best position is. Injuries have ruined him.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2023, 03:55:42 pm »
Yeah, Henderson can switch with Salah, but Fabinho isn't adding much that Trent and/or Thiago couldn't do in the same areas, both offering more on the ball.

Add to that Fabinho’s passing has been pretty loose.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2023, 03:55:44 pm »
Clearly goals change everyone’s mood. Take one or two of those clear chances and we’d say we’re controlled and cruising. Cavalry to come off the bench if needed.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2023, 03:55:49 pm »
We need a midfielders who do more than just play safe balls like Jones and Henderson.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2023, 03:55:49 pm »
Gakpo needs to find a way to make himself an option more.

Every game I watch, I never see him enough. Granted he is getting used to his position etc but he should be calling for it more. I have noticed recently he does better when he scores in it which is odd.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2023, 03:56:06 pm »
Look a threat from set pieces.

We need to get the players off who are slowing us down, taking too many touches. Not quite sure why Hendo can play a one touch through ball with the outside of his foot but then at other times like today use the inside of his boot forcing us to go back every pass, it kills any momentum.

Thiago for Fab.
Harvey for Hendo
Diaz for Jota

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2023, 03:56:52 pm »
I thought we played well, should be ahead. It’s coming.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2023, 03:57:21 pm »
At least Jota got closer to scoring than anyone else, by making himself hard to mark.

Feels like we have Jota running, and 9 other players looking at Trent to create something out of nowhere.
Jota, Fab and Henderson feel completely short circuited

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2023, 03:57:35 pm »
Double handball in one play. Not even reviewed.
YWNA

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2023, 03:57:35 pm »
Nunez, Diaz and Thiago on please.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2023, 03:57:44 pm »
I thought we played well, should be ahead. It’s coming.

Same & had Trent not stumbled people wouldn't be sharpening their knives already.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2023, 03:58:02 pm »
Think we’ve played well up to the final third but are finding it difficult to break them down. They’re defending well. Just need to be patient, think it will come

We’ve been winning the ball back very quickly when we lose it
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2023, 03:58:30 pm »
Jota's inability to dribble and Salah's refusal to dribble has killed us against that low block. Salah is one on one all the time and just plays the ball back 20 yards to Hendo and Konate. Thiago for Jones cant be too far away. I expect The video analysis at Half time will show Jones that he is taking up the wrong positions and is too often making the wrong passes. He is missing Gakpo all the time in that left half space. He needs to be more progressive in his passing.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2023, 03:58:46 pm »
Nunez and Diaz still to come on. Still think we will be fine!

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2023, 03:59:17 pm »
Interesting on Trent - I'd already messaged the commentary team early in the half on the subject, too. My stream commentators are purring at his play in central midfield: but virtually all of his best moments haven't been from that CM area, at all. His best passing has been from earlier in possession from deeper/wider, set pieces, higher up the pitch as he'd drifting back out to the right again or from picking up the ball on transition. In slower phases of possession, he's not really getting on the ball at all - because he's not quite natural at checking his shoulder and drifting into pockets of space. Too often, he's following the ball within a fairly small area and is relatively easy for Forest to pick up and keep tight on him.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2023, 03:59:31 pm »
If the Leeds game showed how Trent coming  into midfield could work really well, this game has shown how it doesn't work at all. He's not finding any space and he's miles from the opposition goal all the time. We're playing all our football in front of them.

All we've had is set pieces. Which are the only times where Trent is in a position to play a dangerous ball. Having him sitting beside Fabinho gets nothing out of him, and makes our shape (no functioning right hand side) worse.

I'd like to see Thiago on for Jones (who's absolutely chewing the ball and slowing it too much) and get Trent back to being an attacking RB. Stretch Forest and get Trent in positions to do damage.
Agree. I think we need other midfielders to complement Trent.
Not having a right back also makes it easy to mark Trent, since there are no overlaps to worry about.

Offline Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2023, 03:59:49 pm »
Pretty poor that. Good set pieces, but other than that we dont look like even creating a chance. Easy to stop us from creating much, we lack players with the ability beat a man and then do something clever (Salah is probably the only one out there). Lack of space for Gakpo to make runs with the ball. Hendo a bit limited, but he hasnt been to bad. We need Konate to be a ballplaying center back to exploit the space he is afforded because of man marking on trent.

Fabinho has been alright, but not sure if he is needed out there and if we could possibly have Thiago there. Jones stops the tempo a bit to often, hopefully he can grow more into the second half.

Need more tempo, better precision and better finishing. Come on Liverpool!!! YNWA

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2023, 04:00:15 pm »
I feel we need to dominate both wings which may mean Diaz coming on and Trent to spend more time out with Mo. Get in behind their packed defence and get some crosses over to run onto.
#JFT97

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2023, 04:00:18 pm »
Too slow on the ball, Forest happy at cutting off passing lanes and letting Konate and Van Dijk eat the ball. Not getting much threat from the front line with no one trying to get behind and Mo too wide

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2023, 04:00:37 pm »
Eh! It still counts.  You don;t get extra points for playing like Brazil 82 for fucks sakes.

You get most points from beating dross like Forest. Set plays can be a bit of a lottery and counterattacks opportunities from low block teams will naturally be limited. We don't need to be Brazil 82 but we need to be much more creative and incive against low blocks against Forest and more generally.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2023, 04:00:51 pm »
Does NF play like this all the time?

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2023, 04:01:05 pm »
We need a midfielders who do more than just play safe balls like Jones and Henderson.
Both of them can do more than that (see: Jones to Jota less than a week ago, as an obvious example). Forest are sitting deep with nine men behind the ball. There's very little space.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2023, 04:01:41 pm »
Seemed alright. Not blown away

Decent possession few attempts at mazy runs... Kota just off target had me rising

Klopp ALMOST ALWAYS does some halftime magic

Second halves are better and he was PACING AND FUMING

I'd take Diaz in the 89th minute

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2023, 04:01:49 pm »
No slow or poor start to second half, please.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2023, 04:02:49 pm »
Both of them can do more than that (see: Jones to Jota less than a week ago, as an obvious example). Forest are sitting deep with nine men behind the ball. There's very little space.

hmmm. Henderson in this position doesn't offer a great deal.