Author Topic: PL: Palace vs Liverpool  (Read 25292 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
PL: Palace vs Liverpool
« on: February 25, 2023, 06:47:33 pm »
                                                        EPL, Saturday Feb 25th, 19.45, Crystal Palace vs Liverpool

Referee: Darren England. Assistants: Dan Cook, Dan Robathan. Fourth official: Steve Martin. VAR:Andre Marriner. Assistant VAR: Richard West.

“The Horror….The Horror” …. Colonel Kurtz

As a form of therapy I decided to do the pre-game piece. If ever there was a game we needed to win it’s this one. If ever there was (historically) a game we should win it’s this one. But "History pistory we’ve all fallen down” this week anyway.

First of all Palace.

Right, Just paid a visit to a Palace forum (hi Lads) to get a flavour of how they are looking forward to the game. They are just as confused as any other fans forum. As far as their team goes there have been doubts about`Mitchell (right full) and Zaha (our buddy) but the smart money is on both playing.

love us to change to 4-3-3 but I highly doubt he’s going to change it for this game when we’ve been effective at nullifying higher level opposition playing 4-2-3-1.

When we played them at Selhurst for 30mins we got slaughtered by the space their full backs got with us playing 4-2-3-1. Pat changed it to 4-4-1-1 and we should have got a draw out of the game. To stifle space for their full backs I think we should go 4-4-1-1

Trying to figure out if them getting hammered by Real is a good or a bad thing?

I would put my house on all 3 starting.  (Schlupp, Ayew and Mateta)

I know it was Real Madrid but watching that midfield 3 of Fabinho, Henderson and the young lad they were completely played off the park. If we press and put them under pressure we would have a really good chance. Fully expect us to give them the freedom of Selhurst though and to create the square root of **** all as per usual with Ayew and co.

The back 5 pick themselves
Not necessarily the side that I would pick but I think PV will go with this for the other 6 places:
Doucoure Lokongo Schlupp Olise Zaha Mateta

The general vibe, tactically, is either low block/fast counterattack or get at us from the start, high press our dodgy midfield and release fast forwards. In other words the Real Madrid or the Brighton tactics.

Given they have figured out various methods for beating us and the proof has been played out many times this season, the question is which way do they go ? I think they will probably go low block myself, like Anfield earlier this season.

There, Anderson gave a masterclass in long ball distribution and close quarter irritation of Nunez which led to a red and a 3 game ban, the first of a number of rhythm busting sequences, for our forward signing. Weirdly we played better with 10 men against them, just as Saudi Arabia did against us last week. Palace waited, pounced and scored and then went back into their shell to wait again.

They are a bit tentative on the forum. A bit unsure. Confidence doesn’t seem to be very high. (Welcome to our world). Results since the World Cup interlude have not been great. They have played 10 and won 1. At home, at Selhurst Park, they have played 6, drawn 3 and lost 3. They average a goal a game and concede 1.5 goals per game. Not great. As a quick comparison, we’ve played 8 league games since the World Cup, we’ve won 4, drew 1 and lost 3. We score and concede a goal a game. As bad as it’s been it’s still a country mile better than Palace. The one proviso here is that they have recently taken points off Saudi, Utd, Brentford and Brighton all of whom sit above or around us in the table. No-one has scored much against them recently either. All a bit tight all around.

Historically, since Jurgan has been at the helm, at Palace we’ve done well. Actually we’ve been brilliant. Played 7, won 7, scoring 22, conceding 5.
The team last season, at Palace, was Joel plus the usual 4 in defence. Jordan, Fab and Ox in the middle and Curtis, Bobby and Diogo up front. It was AFCON times and we had Taki as the only forward on the bench. Bobby tends to score at Palace and it wouldn’t be a shock if he played Saturday night.

Now what do you do with a problem like Maria ? (anyone ?). Us, Liverpool. The Reds.

If you took away the Madrid game …massacre, midweek, I would be fairly confident the team could have chalked up another 2-0 type of steady win. However we were humiliated in front of the world on Tuesday, not beaten, murdered. So I don’t know how we’ll go on Saturday. At least there are 4 full days of rest so I imagine it’s from the same squad we’ll pick again.

Because we do well at Palace I think Jurgan might change it up a little. Naby hasn’t had a game in a while and since his latest comeback has played quite well. The midfield were playing in treacle by the end on Tuesday.
It’s a 50-50 call for me on Joe v Joel. Palace will have 2 weapons against us I feel. The first is pace and Joe wins there. The second is from set pieces where we have been fairly rubbish, Joel wins there.
Bobby does play well against this lot and he scores against them. Is it time for a re-call ? The other option is a complete wild-card, Ox or Curtis ? I think Diogo is still way-off in terms of fitness and touch.

I dream of another Everton or first 20 against Saudi. Seems like a lifetime ago but it wasn’t’. A win, any win, then we can get back to licking our wounds in peace.

What do you think ?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Palace vs Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 06:48:06 pm »

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 06:48:48 pm »
W

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 07:36:40 pm »
Bold move from Klopp going for a team with an average age of 68
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 07:46:08 pm »
0 Off we go Palace kick off

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2023, 07:48:53 pm »
Good news at least no Martin Tyler on commentary.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2023, 07:49:33 pm »
2 Battling well and a few promising signs but not much happening

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2023, 07:50:16 pm »
Bad news - You've got me

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2023, 07:52:00 pm »
5 Travelling support in decent voice as Trent fires a cross field ball that ends with a Palace throw and ultimately it's a free kick to us for offside

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2023, 07:53:05 pm »
this is good news
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2023, 07:54:23 pm »
Where is the freekick?  :o

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2023, 07:54:28 pm »
7 Good period of possession ends with a throw in after a Robertson cross, should have been a foul on Gakpo

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2023, 07:56:26 pm »
9 first real sight of goal Gakpo turns and runs from midfield and plays in Salah who shoots wide at the near post

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2023, 07:58:14 pm »
7 Good period of possession ends with a throw in after a Robertson cross, should have been a foul on Gakpo
Replay showed that was studs up, halfway up the shin. Never mind the foul, where's the card?!

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2023, 07:58:34 pm »
Gakpo has started very well, not sure why the ref played advantage earlier when it would have been a dangerous position for a free kick for us
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2023, 07:58:58 pm »
12 sloppy from Trent, loose back pass but Mateta's lob is saved by Alisson, corner ends with a goal kick

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2023, 07:59:23 pm »
Please Trent, don't do that again.  :-\

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2023, 07:59:23 pm »
Side to side

Back

80 percent sterile possession...

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2023, 07:59:48 pm »
Messed up planning. Out celebrating 19th anniversary with mrs. Yc.

Win for us lads!

I suggest you drink far too much….
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2023, 08:01:00 pm »
14 considering midweek, this has been a steady but promising start over to Jill

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2023, 08:02:06 pm »
15 Gapko goes in for a challenge, which I thought the ball went off the Palace player, but they get the decision.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2023, 08:03:54 pm »
17 First real opportunity good move down the left, Henderson finds Robbo who puts in a good cross, but Jota's shot is straight at the keeper. But encouraging.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2023, 08:04:36 pm »
A decent effort from Jota that

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2023, 08:06:00 pm »
19 Another bombing mission down the left from Robbo, but this time its cleared. Palace manage to get the ball pass our defenders but an actual early offside flag goes up.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2023, 08:07:10 pm »
20 Suddenly livening up this game and we have a good free kick after a foul on Gakpo.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2023, 08:07:21 pm »
When are we ever going to see proper punishment for badgering refs?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2023, 08:08:22 pm »
21 Robbo takes the free kick, the ball goes in Matip attempts to find Jota who heads onto the bar.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2023, 08:08:41 pm »
Never in one of our games

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2023, 08:09:06 pm »
Mashed potato?

W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2023, 08:09:47 pm »
23 Now a free kick to Palace and Keita gets a yellow card. It's a good delivery and Palace should have got it on target at least.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2023, 08:09:56 pm »
Keita booked for literally nothing
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2023, 08:10:11 pm »
23 Now a free kick to Palace and Keita gets a yellow card. It's a good delivery and Palace should have got it on target at least.
A fuckin yellow card for that?!?!?!?! What a twat of a ref. So, almost breaking someone's leg, almost taking out someone's eye, these are okay, but tug a shirt? Yellow card? Twat.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2023, 08:10:57 pm »
Pickford did another identikit tackle to the VVD one today   Got nothing… some refs are dire
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2023, 08:11:32 pm »
25 Once again an early offside flag goes up against Palace. How come this is happening today?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2023, 08:12:43 pm »
26 We get a free kick after Jota is fouled by Clyne.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2023, 08:12:51 pm »
FFS… the tackle from behind was outlawed about 35 years ago…

The colour commentator is atrocious
W

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2023, 08:12:55 pm »
Who the fuck is this co comm on Sky once again doesn't think it's a foul against us

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2023, 08:13:10 pm »
26 We get a free kick after Jota is fouled by Clyne.
Now that one IS a yellow! Crowd chant "SHIT REFEREEEEEE" - muppets.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2023, 08:14:28 pm »
28 Disappointing free kick in the end, Trent can't get it over the wall.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2023, 08:14:36 pm »
When your lucks out...