Author Topic: FULL TIME LFC 2 - West Ham 2 (Lallana '4, Payet '27, Antonio '38, Origi '47)  (Read 58085 times)

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Re: FULL TIME LFC 2 - West Ham 2 (Lallana '4, Payet '27, Antonio '38, Origi '47)
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:13 pm »
Very frustrating. Fucking worldie from their keeper.

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
Re: FULL TIME LFC 2 - West Ham 2 (Lallana '4, Payet '27, Antonio '38, Origi '47)
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:24 pm »
Jesus that Randolph is a right miserable c*nt.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:30 pm »
Klopps attitude to subs is really really bizarre - genuinely can't understand it

Agreed. Bewildering and frustrating ...

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:30 pm »
Questions will be asked about Karius, of course they will. It’s inevitable and of course he could have done better, certainly for the first.

But what won’t get talked about, least of all in the media, is what’s happened so far in the second half, which is why Karius was bought and brought in.

I’d urge anyone to watch the half and first count how many touches Karius has, then how often he finds a red shirt, then how much time he spends on the ball. He gets us into attacking positions more quickly, more often and in far less time than the vast majority of other goalkeepers could or would. Judging Karius only on his saving ability is like judging Matip only on his heading ability, or judging Mane only on his skill on the ball.

You’re not going to understand a player, let alone judge them fairly, if you only look at one single aspect of what they do.

Wow the art of a top keeper sure has flipped.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:34 pm »
Fucking hell this interviewer is totally tactless!

Offline scouser14

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:39 pm »
Questions will be asked about Karius, of course they will. It’s inevitable and of course he could have done better, certainly for the first.

But what won’t get talked about, least of all in the media, is what’s happened so far in the second half, which is why Karius was bought and brought in.

I’d urge anyone to watch the half and first count how many touches Karius has, then how often he finds a red shirt, then how much time he spends on the ball. He gets us into attacking positions more quickly, more often and in far less time than the vast majority of other goalkeepers could or would. Judging Karius only on his saving ability is like judging Matip only on his heading ability, or judging Mane only on his skill on the ball.

You’re not going to understand a player, let alone judge them fairly, if you only look at one single aspect of what they do.

Ok, let's judge him on others then... he makes poor decisions, punches when he can catch, is hesitant, doesn't command his six yard area, puts the shits up his defenders, kicks goal kicks out for corners, mis-positions himself for free kicks, mishandles shots, freezes on his line when attacking the ball is required.. oh and hardly saves a shot on target.

Any way you slice this, Karius has been responsible for us dropping points in the last 2 games.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:40 pm »
Moreno and Ejaria could have caused them problems.
God knows what Klopp is thinking sticking to Firmino when he has been horrible.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:41 pm »
Squad isn't good enough simple as that. One or two injuries and they crumble. Still think we have a great shot at top 4 but investment is needed to be genuine contenders year after year. Can't remember the last side that won the title with a shit goalkeeper.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:51 pm »
If he hadn't saved it, it would have been very poor though
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2016, 06:32:59 pm »
Keeper isn't good enough.

Give him time. At any rate he's better than Mignolet was
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #210 on: December 11, 2016, 06:33:00 pm »
Who was on the bench for us?

Offline TheCunningScorpion

• Main Stander
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2016, 06:33:10 pm »
I'm going to re-iterate as well - the stats Sky just flashed up then are why Karius is in the team. He was quality in the second half, and didn't really have a save to make, which is kind of the point, really.
[/quote]

Shame he is only quality when he doesn't have any saves to make.

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2016, 06:33:20 pm »
Fucking ludicrous save that. Brilliant effort from Hendo.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 11, 2016, 06:33:28 pm »
Think the winter window will give us the best understanding of where we are realistically aiming this year.

With our 3 attacking injuries, we are paper thin up top. With Mane off, there's another. Really need some reinforcements for the second half of the season. Another midfield would be nice too!

Disappointing day, but plenty of time to make it. Really need Karius to get his head right!

Any reason why Lovren was off?

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2016, 06:33:31 pm »
Very disappointing. I'm not actually too conerned with the outfield performance. We were able to put two past a team fighting for a point in relegation places. That's not to say it was a great performance, because it wasn't. We played far too many wasteful crosses. After the altercation with Cresswell, Mane just switched off everywhere. For the second game in a run, when we've needed Firmino to step up, he just hasn't. Wide or central he should be doing more. Awful again. Fast becoming a 'Sterling' type of player for me. Will have a good game every now and again, can contribute a bit to a team playing well, scores a few here and there but when you look at them to lift the team and performance they just can't. I'm not comparing their ability here, mainly their influence in a team. Although many won't process this.

Their keepers save from Henderson was superb and perfectly illustrates why you can keep faith with keepers if they can pull off saves like that. We don't have that luxury. Lallana faded, understandably so. Origi is getting into a habit of playing for his goal then dropping his performance, not a fan of that.

However, we're not going to be perfect each game. We were good enough to score twice and should have ran out 2-0 winners. Because of our keeper we didn't. Credit to him for that punch against Carroll but you know, Mignolet was far braver in certain games and more consistent.

Matip was class throughout I thought.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2016, 06:33:37 pm »
Was the Lovren change through a knock,or tactical? Couldnt hear on the stream i was watching.

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2016, 06:33:48 pm »
Dont think the team did bad...just want to know what Chelsea and Arsenal are doing that Liverpool arent?
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2016, 06:33:48 pm »
We're slowly letting the Mancs back into a chance of top 4....... we need to keep them out of it!!!

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:00 pm »
The team needed a bit more direction, maybe even a change of one. Sticking with something that wasn't working in the hope something might happen isn't going to get you top 4.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:02 pm »
Seen this quite often now, score a goal or two, look great for 10 mins and then take the foot off the gas thinking the games sewn up and concede by switching off. Fucking arrogant shit attitude.

Keepers must have cost us 30 pts in the past 3 seasons ffs. Sorry but Karius is soft as shite, awful in the free kick, hesitant in no mans land for their second, just mentally weak and needs dropping.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:02 pm »
This is more of a sickner than last weeks result, as it was all set home, after a bad result to get some kind redemption but we just kind off slowed down after getting a early one, then after we get a quick equalizer we huffed a lot but without much puff to blow them down. 
choose Life.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:03 pm »
Was the Lovren change through a knock,or tactical? Couldnt hear on the stream i was watching.

Injured.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:04 pm »
I'm going to re-iterate as well - the stats Sky just flashed up then are why Karius is in the team. He was quality in the second half, and didn't really have a save to make, which is kind of the point, really.

Shame he is only quality when he doesn't have any saves to make.
For now...

But we know he's done it in Germany.  Back him to the hilt and see how he's done by the summer eh?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:08 pm »
Origi is getting goals but when Firmino is shifted out wide the team isnt as effective up top, its all too predictable, goes out wide speculative ball into the box, we're desperately missing Bobby's movement in the final 3rd & he's struggling out wide. Total lack of options from the bench too, due to injuries of course but we need a few more players.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:11 pm »
He's not though is he? He doesn't save anything.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:12 pm »
Although he confirmed he wasn't, but carry on dooming

I missed that. Dooming?! Lay off the hyperbole.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:13 pm »
looked tired and devoid of ideas in the final third, 2 goals scored should be enough to win at Anfield against a limited side, it's not when you give away pathetic goals

keeper can do better on both
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #227 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:19 pm »
disappointing, but still think we will battle for the title right up till may, and most likely win it.  the team and manager are too good not to. there will be days like this..
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Istanbul_05times

• Anny Roader
  • He brought that cup back home
« Reply #228 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:19 pm »
quite frustrating

2 more ooints gone & Chelsea relling away with a six point lead even after we bet them earlier in the season. ....sickening
gary neville is really hayley cropper

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:32 pm »
We're slowly letting the Mancs back into a chance of top 4....... we need to keep them out of it!!!
lol fuck the mancs.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #230 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:39 pm »
United and Spurs just aren't as good as us, and I don't see them becoming as good as us (this season at least). Top four will be us, Chelsea, City, Arsenal in some order, but we won't be at the top. We don't kill games and we aren't tight with goals.

I agree with that but it asks the question again is this season our best chance? i hate the thought of looking back at if onlys again.
If klopp drops karius now it will crush him

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:43 pm »
Also I know Moreno is shite at defending but considering we constantly chipped the ball into Randolph it might if been worth bringing him on as an option to whip a ball in

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:44 pm »

I missed that. Dooming?! Lay off the hyperbole.
Your hyperbole not mine
W

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: December 11, 2016, 06:35:08 pm »
Keeper isn't good enough.
Fans aren't good enough either, at least on here; I know which one I'd rather get rid of at the moment.

Offline Arrowsmith

• Anny Roader
  • Eee aye addio, we've won the cup!
« Reply #234 on: December 11, 2016, 06:35:10 pm »
United and Spurs just aren't as good as us, and I don't see them becoming as good as us (this season at least). Top four will be us, Chelsea, City, Arsenal in some order, but we won't be at the top. We don't kill games and we aren't tight with goals.

Sorry pal, with Karius in goal Bournemouth and West Ham are better and our equals. It's a long season and if the past two weeks are anything to go on we'll be lucky to make the Europa League.

The sooner Jurgen realises he's screwed up with the lad from Mainz the better. It's like playing with an outfield player in goal.
Wool by birth, Scouse by blood.
JFT97

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: December 11, 2016, 06:35:22 pm »
A couple of minor injuries and we've ended up with a bench full of players that Jurgen doesn't want to use when we need to turn the game in our favour.

But hey; positive net spend!   ;D

This is the problem. For all the Karius cost us only £5 million posts and should have been £15-20 for a top young keeper, perhaps if we had spent that we might well be celebrating a few more points. Our first 11 is pretty good, but klopp obviously doesn't fancy many of the other players that much is obvious when he hasn't exactly used many others in the league this season.

We're unlucky of course, another big injury to ings, more knocks for sturridge and coutinho and lallana injuries as well, but everyone said at the start of the season any injuries and we will start to look thin, and it will happen over the course of the seasom, to every team.

Unfortunately like Arsenal, Tottenham, we don't have the squad depth to cope. Only City and Chelsea have that luxery.

Do i believe we can win the league with this group though? No. I don't believe our defence or midfield is good enough.

Theres no real width unfortunately, and I think we still lack leadership on the pitch.

Offline Scousebeef

• Kopite
  • BELIEVER!
« Reply #236 on: December 11, 2016, 06:35:43 pm »
We seem to come out guns blazing and then just fizzle out as the half goes on. Same again in the second half. What the hell is going on?
Klopp needs to tell these players to stop falling asleep after scoring especially Karius!  :(
"you have to change from being a doubter to a believer"
-Jurgén Klopp-

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #237 on: December 11, 2016, 06:35:48 pm »
Football is a cruel mistress sometimes.   :(

God I hope we twat Middlesborough.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #238 on: December 11, 2016, 06:35:49 pm »
That is all well and good, but if he is leaking goals at the current rate - then he can be Marco Van Basten with the ball at his feet at it won't mean a thing.
That one single aspect of what he does, it's kind of important to be honest, bit more important then releasing fullbacks 50m from their goal.
He'd kept two clean sheets in a row before these two games though, hadn't he? Didn't we concede 5 in our first two with Mignolet in goal?

And no, it's not more important than releasing full-backs 50 metres from goal, because our whole entire system is built around intensity and pressure. Having Mignolet in goal is basically like having a pressure cooker where you take the lid off every five minutes. He can't do what Karius did in the second half, and I'm not convinced that many 'keepers can.

In terms of his goalkeeping though, there's also that punch against Carroll. He's decisive, and it takes a lot of fucking balls to come out for something like that after the first half he's had and the scrutiny he's under.

Having the balls to come back from mistakes is a defining feature of a top goalkeeper. That doesn't mean he will be one, necessarily, but I'm not sure it's something you can teach or learn and he has that in spades.

Oh, and he's only 22 isn't he? He's a baby as far as goalkeeping is concerned.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: December 11, 2016, 06:35:52 pm »
You don't get time in the premiership.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.