Author Topic: Liverpool v West Ham - December 11th 16:30pm at Anfield  (Read 34712 times)

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v West Ham - December 11th 16:30pm at Anfield
« Reply #160 on: December 7, 2016, 08:07:18 pm »
Good start is absolutely key here. Ideally a goal up in the first 15 minutes or so.

If Mane and Matip are back then I'd go:

Karius

Clyne
Lovren
Matip
Milner

Henderson
Can
Winaljdum

Lallana
Mane
Firmino

Harsh on Origi but think that's our best 11 without Coutinho.

As others have said if we create chances as we usually do then we will definitely score.

Hope Karius has a blinder - Really want him to do well; at the end of the day Klopp has chosen him as his number 1 choice and I've seen glimpses of a good keeper. His confidence will be really low but Mignolet was no way near good enough so we have to get behind this lad and help him grow into the keeper Klopp believes he can become.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: December 7, 2016, 08:26:40 pm »
Harsh on Origi but think that's our best 11 without Coutinho.

For me Lallana has been much better for us deeper in CM.

I wouldn't start Emre Can and would have Origi, Mane and Firmino as the front three and Lallana in CM with Henderson and Wijnaldum.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #162 on: December 7, 2016, 08:43:04 pm »
Slaaaaags
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #163 on: December 7, 2016, 08:54:47 pm »
They've been a bogey team for us lately, but they look beatable this season. Let's relegate these Olympic stadium stealing twats.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: December 7, 2016, 09:12:49 pm »
They'll be blowing bubbles out their holes after we're done with them.

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #165 on: December 7, 2016, 09:53:06 pm »

I wouldn't start Emre Can and would have Origi, Mane and Firmino as the front three and Lallana in CM with Henderson and Wijnaldum.

For me too. More movement in the middle with Lallana, and more of a goal threat with Origi if he continues his current run.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: December 7, 2016, 09:59:40 pm »
These lot have been shit this season. We really should take them to the cleaners.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 7, 2016, 10:08:13 pm »
They are going to bomb our box with long balls and set pieces. This is going to be a real test of our defensive qualities.

On paper we're playing West Ham at the perfect time but we need to accept they pose a serious danger and prepare for it. I can see us needing at least 3 goals to win this one.

They can't bomb our box if their only time on the ball is deep in their own half.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 7, 2016, 10:24:26 pm »

A goal and an assist in the last game and you would drop him? Harsh!!
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 7, 2016, 10:33:50 pm »
A goal and an assist in the last game and you would drop him? Harsh!!

It is harsh, but I think Henderson, Wijnaldum and Lallana have been better this season.  Our best CM trio.

That is not to say I don't like Can and he hasn't been good - he has. 

I have a feeling Can isn't full fit for the weekend anyway, as I posted on the last page.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2016, 10:40:20 pm by Klippity Klopp »

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #170 on: December 7, 2016, 10:54:43 pm »
I've been trying to think all week where I've seen that Bournemouth game before. Everyone I've talked to has kept saying you could see it coming, and I agree. It was just also so familiar.

And it's just hit me. We have seen that exact game before. And we loved it. Everything about it, the madness, the scoreline, even the order the goals and near enough when they came.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36020910

It is almost exactly the same as the Quarter Final second leg against Borussia Dortmund from last year. Just that time we were on the right side of all the madness.

2-0 down at half time. Quick goal to give hope, followed by one to open it back up to 3-1. Then two quick goals to bring it level before a grandstand injury time winner. You even have the similarity that the last two goals were scored by defenders.

So if you want a study into how a team bounces back from that, in even more dramatic devastating circumstances just look at Dortmund.

They won their next four games. 3-0 , 3-0 , 3-0 , 5-1. And have just this evening topped their champions league group above current holders Real Madrid. If we take away the lessons and develop character from the experience we will be stronger because of it.

Let's hope the similarities continue. If they do, then all will be forgiven and we set ourselves up perfectly for the City game.

Come on the Reds!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #171 on: December 8, 2016, 12:25:41 am »
Come on the weekend! Depressing to have so long between games, especially when the last one was a loss like that.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #172 on: December 8, 2016, 12:29:43 am »
It is almost exactly the same as the Quarter Final second leg against Borussia Dortmund from last year. Just that time we were on the right side of all the madness.

2-0 down at half time. Quick goal to give hope, followed by one to open it back up to 3-1. Then two quick goals to bring it level before a grandstand injury time winner. You even have the similarity that the last two goals were scored by defenders.

And also

their first goal was scored by their main striker , Wilson (Our main striker was Origi,who scored the first goal vs BVB)
second goal was scored by a wide midfielder , Fraser  (Coutinho scored our second goal vs BVB)

it's something, i guess
The change is cast

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: December 8, 2016, 12:59:36 am »
We owe them a trashing, we need a good overall performance and result to get back on track.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #174 on: December 8, 2016, 02:54:31 am »
Feel strangely confident about this one. We're due a win over these and I can't see lightning striking twice after last week's debacle. The players will be eager to put things right and get the three points.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #175 on: December 8, 2016, 06:02:10 am »
Yes, but you're constantly mentioning him and slating him. What happened to supporting our players?
You may want to stay away from the Henderson thread.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline IzeOfAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #176 on: December 8, 2016, 06:47:14 am »
I've been trying to think all week where I've seen that Bournemouth game before. Everyone I've talked to has kept saying you could see it coming, and I agree. It was just also so familiar.

And it's just hit me. We have seen that exact game before. And we loved it. Everything about it, the madness, the scoreline, even the order the goals and near enough when they came.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36020910

So if you want a study into how a team bounces back from that, in even more dramatic devastating circumstances just look at Dortmund.

They won their next four games. 3-0 , 3-0 , 3-0 , 5-1. And have just this evening topped their champions league group above current holders Real Madrid. If we take away the lessons and develop character from the experience we will be stronger because of it.

Let's hope the similarities continue. If they do, then all will be forgiven and we set ourselves up perfectly for the City game.

Come on the Reds!

So we got Liverpooled against Bournemouth? That makes me feel ill.
Got to love the Klopp

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #177 on: December 8, 2016, 06:51:06 am »
So we got Liverpooled against Bournemouth? That makes me feel ill.
Wait for it... our current manager once managed Dortmund too. ;D
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #178 on: December 8, 2016, 07:09:39 am »

True although technically for this to be similar in this context Bournemouth's manager would have had to have been Brendan Rodgers.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline IzeOfAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #179 on: December 8, 2016, 07:11:18 am »

Yeah, but did he ever lose in that sorta fashion while managing them? I know he won that way in that game against Malaga in the champions league.
Got to love the Klopp

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 8, 2016, 08:26:01 am »
Yes, it is possible the statisticians looked at past history of Callum Wilson's penalties. However, I disagree that it should be solely them preparing for this. Goalkeepers should always be prepared to face penalties, and should always assume enough knowledge about the opposition's penalty taker and where he normally places the penalties. There is always a trend there and always a preference for the side the penalty takers shoots at. Like I said in my initial post, Karius may well have not saved it anyway even if he had gone the other way but the penalty taker is only as good as their last penalty. Why go the other way, when Wilson had shot to his right just one week earlier? Of course, I don't hold him culpable for the penalty. I blame Lovren for having another one of his moments of madness for that. And I'm not utterly convinced that Milner didn't get the ball either.

Anyway the penalty thing is not that important in the grand scheme of things. It was just something I observed and consequently called out. I don't want for it to transpire in to a huge debate because it will just be a storm in a teacup. Either way, I still like Karius and still back him. I think he will eventually prove to be a very good goalkeeper. Some of the comments aimed towards Karius in the post match thread immediately after the game were regrettable by the posters that made them. It was just carnage at that time. Before this game he wasn't at fault for any of the goals we've conceded in the games we've played so we need to give him a bit of a longer rope.

Fair point and in agreement. We move on and support the team.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 8, 2016, 10:50:51 am »
They'll be blowing bubbles out their holes after we're done with them.

:lmao
Football is a lie

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #183 on: December 8, 2016, 03:05:16 pm »
3 points would do it for me! And I want to see this thread above the abysmal Bournemouth thread!  8) Happy days

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 8, 2016, 03:14:18 pm »
A 12 year old West ham fan died of cancer recently, I think the whu fans are doing a round of applause in memory of him on the twelfth minute. I'll be joining in anyway, but just an heads up if your going

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 8, 2016, 05:14:21 pm »
They can't bomb our box if their only time on the ball is deep in their own half.

Let's hope that's the case.

Offline Reds r coming up the hill

• Main Stander
« Reply #186 on: December 8, 2016, 05:31:52 pm »
That's awesome!

That would be a great tune to make a better song for Mr Klopp!

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #187 on: December 8, 2016, 07:41:07 pm »
We lost 3 games to WHU last season (Home and Away in the league, then FA Cup replay). Talk about a bogey team.. Very important that we get all 3 points. I want us to kill the game by half time.. 4 nil or something. Their attack mostly comes from the flanks.. Gotta be wary of set-pieces and crosses in general. Any loose ball situation in our box and they have players who can well take their chances. I would go with the same team as last weekend with just one change, Matip for Lucas. Lallana didn't look too sharp when he came on last game. Feel the upcoming mid week game will be a good game for him to start after getting about 20 or 30 minutes this Sunday.

Come on you Reds!! let's get back to winning ways. A minimum 3 goal margin win please.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 8, 2016, 09:28:23 pm »
3 points would do it for me! And I want to see this thread above the abysmal Bournemouth thread!  8) Happy days
Totally agree 3 points and onto the next game.The Bournemouth thread should be closed in my opinion.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #189 on: December 8, 2016, 10:07:03 pm »
We lost 3 games to WHU last season (Home and Away in the league, then FA Cup replay). Talk about a bogey team.. Very important that we get all 3 points. I want us to kill the game by half time.. 4 nil or something. Their attack mostly comes from the flanks.. Gotta be wary of set-pieces and crosses in general. Any loose ball situation in our box and they have players who can well take their chances. I would go with the same team as last weekend with just one change, Matip for Lucas. Lallana didn't look too sharp when he came on last game. Feel the upcoming mid week game will be a good game for him to start after getting about 20 or 30 minutes this Sunday.

Come on you Reds!! let's get back to winning ways. A minimum 3 goal margin win please.

When karma has not been on your side, its best not to be greedy....

I'll kindly take a kneeknocker slobberclobber goal in the 93rd to go 1-0 (as long as we win, could give a shit --- the hammers have our number).  Lets take it back...
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #190 on: December 8, 2016, 10:51:40 pm »

Was a little concerned about this fixture until I read that. No way are we losing 4 on the bounce to them. Just not gonna happen. Premier League might as well just give us the 3 points and +4 goal difference now, so we can all move on.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #191 on: December 8, 2016, 11:58:40 pm »
A 12 year old West ham fan died of cancer recently, I think the whu fans are doing a round of applause in memory of him on the twelfth minute. I'll be joining in anyway, but just an heads up if your going

Poor kid. I'm sure Anfield will join in with the applause, it's heartbreaking to hear stories like that.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 9, 2016, 12:00:41 am »
Thankfully just a couple of more days til the game - and then we have 3 in a week.

Offline Morez

• Exchange Ban
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #193 on: December 9, 2016, 01:15:14 am »
3 points hopefully. With matip back hope he can keep carroll quiet.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #194 on: December 9, 2016, 06:53:45 am »
Sunday games always feel so long away...
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Kop 81

• Spineless.
  • Kopite
  • We've got KLOPP!
« Reply #195 on: December 9, 2016, 08:27:38 am »
A couple of rags calling Jurgen a "one trick pony" this morning.

Go out and prove them wrong on Sunday!

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #196 on: December 9, 2016, 08:55:41 am »
A couple of rags calling Jurgen a "one trick pony" this morning.

Go out and prove them wrong on Sunday!

Yeah, but it's a fucking hell of a trick.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #197 on: December 9, 2016, 11:20:18 am »
West Ham United ‏@WestHamUtd  9m9 minutes ago
🗣 "Antonio and Cresswell have been training and are available for Sunday. We hoped Cheikhou would be back but it has come too soon."
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 9, 2016, 12:04:39 pm »
Firmino upfront?