Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1890907 times)

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Re: Liverpool agree deal to sign Naby Keita
« Reply #240 on: September 1, 2017, 10:58:27 pm »
The best one ever has to be the Terry Phelan goal for City against Spurs that sparked a riot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBBjWbj0MQU
Just goes to show you, Spurs were shite at defending way before Ossie Ardiles was in charge :D
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: September 2, 2017, 05:23:07 am »
Dribbling through the lines.

Kinkladze was far more insane with his dribbling than Keita has shown. Different level altogether for me.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #242 on: September 2, 2017, 08:14:25 am »
The Kinkladze comparison is silly. Making the comparison because they both dribble through the lines is like comparing Shearer to Henry because they both scored lots of goals. Not really similar at all. Kinkladze was a left foot heavy dribbler in the mold of Messi or Maradona (obviously without anywhere near their tactical intelligence). Keita is a two footed dribbler more in the mold of Iniesta. Very different styles.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #243 on: September 2, 2017, 08:41:48 am »
Think he is a great signing as well but not so sure about the low price or signing him early.

Keita moved for Ł1.3m three years ago, Dembele cost Ł15m a year ago and goes for nearly ten times that amount a year later.

With the reluctance for clubs to sell players being able to identify young players is going to be even more important.

So well done FSG and Edwards for bringing in Solanke who could prove to be an absolute gem.

Agreed on the latter part of your post.
As for the first point,  it is a low price relative to the market this window and next, and taking into account his undeniable quality.
Absolutely,  bringing in the likes of a Dembele or Keita at a fraction of the price they eventually get sold for would represent a well oiled scouting and transfer committee. But that takes time, and positively acknowledging that we've now gone from crawling to walking doesn't mean we're content with not running.

I have no faith that a few years prior , our transfer committee would have had the imagination and perseverance to have wrapped up Keita signing in the way we did. In fact, I don't believe we were even that attractive as a club. In that context, this transfer and window in general is certainly a big step forward. Could we have done more, wrapped up Van Dijk, identified the next Keita, absolutely. But Solanke for pittance, Keita for 60 mill, Salah for 30 mil, Robertson for 10mil, and Oxlade for 35mill, all in one summer. I'll take that for now. ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #244 on: September 2, 2017, 08:44:56 am »
The Kinkladze comparison is silly. Making the comparison because they both dribble through the lines is like comparing Shearer to Henry because they both scored lots of goals. Not really similar at all. Kinkladze was a left foot heavy dribbler in the mold of Messi or Maradona (obviously without anywhere near their tactical intelligence). Keita is a two footed dribbler more in the mold of Iniesta. Very different styles.

Having a bad day?
In his opinion,  Keita dribbling between the lines made him think of Kinkaldze dribbling through whilst filled to the brim with Redbull.
Just an offhand statement rather than a detailed player v player analysis.
Have a coke and smile and enjoy the sun.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: September 2, 2017, 08:51:17 am »

With the reluctance for clubs to sell players being able to identify young players is going to be even more important.

So well done FSG and Edwards for bringing in Solanke who could prove to be an absolute gem.
Fuck off Al with your anti FSG agenda ;)
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #246 on: September 2, 2017, 09:13:37 am »
Having a bad day?
In his opinion,  Keita dribbling between the lines made him think of Kinkaldze dribbling through whilst filled to the brim with Redbull.
Just an offhand statement rather than a detailed player v player analysis.
Have a coke and smile and enjoy the sun.
Huh, are you new to messageboards? This is how they work. Someone makes a comment, other people either agree or disagree or post their own take. Hence other posters replying to that comment with their own take. The idea that because I don't agree with something being said I must be having a bad day is precious.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2017, 09:15:10 am by Dundalis »

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #247 on: September 2, 2017, 09:53:54 am »
I know i am sounding negative here but... is there any way this deal could collapse? Not really heard too much about the deal, has the player signed a pre contract etc?

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #248 on: September 2, 2017, 10:21:58 am »
Not sure if many have seen this, there are many videos that highlight his dribbling, but this one highlights his passing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsSnUc48Wcw

There's someone who has commented that

'If liverpool get him they will win the leauge no ands if or buts. He is way better than conte and the vision its like coutinho mission vision on steroids'   :lmao

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #249 on: September 2, 2017, 10:30:08 am »
How did we get this guy 😎 ?
I know YouTube can flatter but why didn't the Spanish clubs enter the market for him ?
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: September 2, 2017, 10:51:41 am »
still can't believe what got him - this is almost certainly down to Klopp being our manager, good times

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #251 on: September 2, 2017, 10:52:19 am »
I am still BUZZING...this was an AMAZING buy...he will boss the premier league in a 12 months time, no doubts  8)

Fantastic player.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: September 2, 2017, 11:00:43 am »
Spare ten minutes? Oh let me watch another Naby youtube compilation then :)

He'll be playing champions league same nights as we are playing however will be great to see how he fares against europes elite. Look forward to those compilations too. They play Monaco (Lemar), Porto & Beşiktaş.

« Last Edit: September 2, 2017, 11:05:38 am by RobbieRedman »

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: September 2, 2017, 12:08:24 pm »
I am very excited to see how his partnership will be with Firmino. Mane and Salah are amazing players, but I feel the key to us winning a trophy or two when he comes will be dependant on their partnership.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: September 2, 2017, 12:19:19 pm »
Anyone think there might be a slight chance of seeing him in a Liverpool shirt in January?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #255 on: September 2, 2017, 12:20:13 pm »
Anyone think there might be a slight chance of seeing him in a Liverpool shirt in January?

Don't think so, we will just have to wait impatiently and watch RB games in the meantime.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: September 2, 2017, 12:26:03 pm »
Don't think so, we will just have to wait impatiently and watch RB games in the meantime.  ;D

I think there might be a chance depending on how both clubs seasons are going. We'll see anyway.

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #257 on: September 2, 2017, 12:26:48 pm »

They want him for their Champions League run, so there is a theoretical possibility that we could renegotiate in january, if their campaign goes badly enough, but it's not realistic. We'll have to wait a year  >:(

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #258 on: September 2, 2017, 12:33:56 pm »
300 pages of moaning about fucking up the Keita deal and then not moving on when it was clear in June he would not be sold to us.
7 pages celebrating his signing, at least 50% of which involves moaning of the fee, timing, and various other utterly irrelevant factors.

Our support is embarrassing. If our support of the club reflects our lives as a whole, it appears for every believer that Klopp would like, we have 100 Victor Meldrew's  :D

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #259 on: September 2, 2017, 12:49:37 pm »
So if you push up against us youll get torn apart by pace. If you play a low block we'll simply dribble through you. Anyone get the feeling we're going to win literally everything next season?

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #260 on: September 2, 2017, 12:50:57 pm »
I hope it's not me you're calling a fucking Victor Mildew mate  :D I think the transfer is a work of genius.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: September 2, 2017, 12:56:59 pm »
Ok guys, this thread has turned into some weird circle jerk fest where people exchange every-touch compilations then release strange noises while watching them.

Anyone have some good new links?

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #262 on: September 2, 2017, 01:33:22 pm »
I hope it's not me you're calling a fucking Victor Mildew mate  :D I think the transfer is a work of genius.
If you are the one in here being positive, then no. I'm talking about the 100 in the pre-signing thread moaning who have had NOTHING to say in here, or came in here to moan about this deal in some shape or form :D

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: September 2, 2017, 04:05:04 pm »

There is always a chance, but better to stick to what we know, that he is coming next season.... and we will have a big unveiling and the media will make a big hoohaa about it like they did with Balotelli

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: September 2, 2017, 04:10:39 pm »

He's asked his missus for a jersey for Christmas so if her diddly club pays up it could be a runner.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #265 on: September 2, 2017, 04:24:28 pm »
They want him for their Champions League run, so there is a theoretical possibility that we could renegotiate in january, if their campaign goes badly enough, but it's not realistic. We'll have to wait a year  >:(

It'd make little sense for them suddenly to allow him to go in January.

Even if they struggle in the CL (and they have actually a very nice group too - with a good chance of doing well), there will still be half a league season left after the winter break in germany to get back into Europe.  And that is equally important as it is doing well in the CL this season.

They have so much good talent though, I'd be really suprised if they dropped off too badly the first half of the season in the league. 

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: September 2, 2017, 04:25:46 pm »
No the terms of the deal are crystal clear

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #267 on: September 2, 2017, 04:29:19 pm »
It'd make little sense for them suddenly to allow him to go in January.

Even if they struggle in the CL (and they have actually a very nice group too - with a good chance of doing well), there will still be half a league season left after the winter break in germany to get back into Europe.  And that is equally important as it is doing well in the CL this season.

They have so much good talent though, I'd be really suprised if they dropped off too badly the first half of the season in the league.
The only way I see it happening early is if someone they signed to replace him has a breakout season and would prefer to push the guy for the last months of the season rather than keeping a player who is going in the team. That is extremely unlikely though, even if we paid another premium to get him early.

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #268 on: September 2, 2017, 04:31:10 pm »
If you are the one in here being positive, then no. I'm talking about the 100 in the pre-signing thread moaning who have had NOTHING to say in here, or came in here to moan about this deal in some shape or form :D

But, buuuut... he won't play for another 12 months for us. I mean what crappy deal is this?! Spend the whole summer chasing him and only securing him for next season, mehhh. What about this season, do we just forfeit it? FSG out.  ;D

I am so pumped up and looking forward to the current season that sometimes I forget we signed him, but what a fucking player he will be for us. Next summer this deal will look like paid in peanuts from us. The club did an amazing job securing his services. Hats off to everyone involved for pulling this one.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: September 2, 2017, 05:19:32 pm »
Just putting it out there, but next year the first LFC fan I see with his number and Keith on the back of their shirt, I'm gonna drag to the nearest pub and buy them a pint.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #270 on: September 2, 2017, 05:36:52 pm »
Just putting it out there, but next year the first LFC fan I see with his number and Keith on the back of their shirt, I'm gonna drag to the nearest pub and buy them a pint.

What about those with

K
A

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #271 on: September 2, 2017, 05:48:32 pm »

I really hope 'Keith' catches om
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #272 on: September 2, 2017, 05:52:54 pm »
I really hope 'Keith' catches om
Everything I read the title I just smile to myself. Good times.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: September 2, 2017, 06:06:13 pm »
Cant wait to see this lad at Anfield, hes like having two men in midfield,and the way he keeps possession of the ball,incredible.
Just hope there is no release clause in that 5 year contract!

Online Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #274 on: September 2, 2017, 06:15:05 pm »
Mane   Bobby   Salah

Keita       Oxlade
           Can

Wet dreams. That midfield is so bullish it isn't funny

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #275 on: September 2, 2017, 06:28:24 pm »
Cant wait to see this lad at Anfield, hes like having two men in midfield,and the way he keeps possession of the ball,incredible.
Just hope there is no release clause in that 5 year contract!
I doubt we would ever include a release clause in a contract now given what happened this summer with inflation.

What if in 2 years time inflation allowed United to just force us to sell our best player?

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #276 on: September 2, 2017, 06:42:06 pm »
I doubt we would ever include a release clause in a contract now given what happened this summer with inflation.

What if in 2 years time inflation allowed United to just force us to sell our best player?

It's a scary time for the Spanish clubs really, every player there has to have a release clause don't they?

With the financial power growing at other clubs they're becoming more and more vulnerable should it carry on.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: September 2, 2017, 08:04:36 pm »
Bigger Question - will Keith open a fight club in liverpool?

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #278 on: September 2, 2017, 08:21:43 pm »
I wish Naby was with us already :-\
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #279 on: September 2, 2017, 08:26:14 pm »
Bigger Question - will Keith open a fight club in liverpool?

1st Rule: You don't talk about Keith. Or his fight club...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...