Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3896424 times)

Offline TheRevanchist

• Reports back to Red Cafe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
You need that to make up for the lack of European football, TV revenues, prize monies and general interest in the sinking ship that you have become.

TV revenues? In England there isn't a big difference, I doubt that you have got more 10m than us for last year. Add to that the thirty millions you'll get from UCL and still you'll fall way short to our 53m from Chevrolet and 75m from adidas (and 15m from AON for training kit which is only one of the few small deals). 20m that we pay on debt is a peanut these days.
“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.”

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006

The prestige of sponsoring the biggest club in the world's most popular league.

No offense  :wave, but this is the stupidest thing you've ever posted.

As supporters we have prestige associated with the club. We think we're always bigger than we are.

As companies, responsible to stockholders, prestige means sweet FA. Adidas, Warrior, Nike, etc are only interested in the bottom line.

The Executive board at Adidas will get slaughtered if the deal is not profitable and no excuse of "prestige" will save them. Prestige to Adidas is Bayern Munich. President Herbert Hainer will get the sack if he came out with that excuse..

So getting back to kits...how can any kit supplier justify a treble increase per year from 25m to 75m and still make an acceptable profit? You don't sell that many kits now...
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This thread is shite.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
This thread is shite.

You don't enjoy the economics of football shirts in a managers thread?   Weird that.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
TV revenues? In England there isn't a big difference, I doubt that you have got more 10m than us for last year. Add to that the thirty millions you'll get from UCL and still you'll fall way short to our 53m from Chevrolet and 75m from adidas (and 15m from AON for training kit which is only one of the few small deals). 20m that we pay on debt is a peanut these days.
I was joking but you keep counting the pennies and we'll keep applauding the lads off the pitch.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan

As supporters we have prestige associated with the club. We think we're always bigger than we are.

As companies, responsible to stockholders, prestige means sweet FA. Adidas, Warrior, Nike, etc are only interested in the bottom line.

The Executive board at Adidas will get slaughtered if the deal is not profitable and no excuse of "prestige" will save them. Prestige to Adidas is Bayern Munich. President Herbert Hainer will get the sack if he came out with that excuse..

So getting back to kits...how can any kit supplier justify a treble increase per year from 25m to 75m and still make an acceptable profit? You don't sell that many kits now...

Prestige means fuck all, but number of fans who watch United (which apprently is more than any other club on the world) and number of shirts United sale (joint first with Madrid at around 1.4m per year) means something. Madrid and Barca (1.4m and 1.1m shirts per year) will likely have offers that will match United when they negotiate the new deal.

No offense, but even United last shirt deal was around at the same amount tht your current deal is. Our deal was negotiated 10 years ago while yours was negotiated 1-2 years ago.

Obviously, the people who make that deal are expecting that the things will turn back on its place. Liverpool fans won't like it but c'est la vie.
“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.”

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
I was joking but you keep counting the pennies and we'll keep applauding the lads off the pitch.

You're right. I would swap those 13 titles (that we won since you last won the league) for a second place every five years or so.  ;D

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
You're right. I would swap those 13 titles (that we won since you last won the league) for a second place every five years or so.  ;D

Stop living in the past.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
Stop living in the past.

You're doing so for 2 decades. I am doing it for a year.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
How long until this gets locked? The dick waving in here is pathetic.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
You're doing so for 2 decades. I am doing it for a year.

The past is still the past. You're turning into something you derided us for for so many years!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Stop living in the past.

They've become what they once mocked.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You don't enjoy the economics of football shirts in a managers thread?   Weird that.
Who'd of funked it eh.

Seriously who gives a fuck who sells the most shirts ,all that matters is who finishes the highest and that's currently us you fucking nomarks :P

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
What can the fat headed bollock waving c*nt do with the mid-table mancs? According to manc logic, without european football they should walk the league next season. We might as well just give them the premier league now.

Still waiting for the next instalment on banner watch. What cringeworthy embarrassing banner will we see this season? Will his whole head be able to fit on a banner?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
We sell almost twice as many shirts as yiu (1.4m compared to 800k), we also have way more fans around the world. And we have also been much more succesful on recent times. So - like it or not - we are getting 3 times as much money than you from kit sponsor  :lickin

Whilst I have no doubt you sell more shirts, you have seemingly ignored the set up of our deal compared to yours in the past.

With Warrior they only have sponsorship for the branded team kit/training gear/some leisure wear, so we make a huge amount more than a 'standard' sponsorship deal as you had with Nike and we previously had with Adidas. Ayre suggested it was probably worth about double the Ł25m to us.

So 3 times is far from what you're is above ours... and we get to renew in a couple of years and will use yours (with us being a CL club and you being in Europa) to push our deal right up again.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
Still waiting for the next instalment on banner watch. What cringeworthy embarrassing banner will we see this season? Will his whole head be able to fit on a banner?

We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I don't see what is so stupid.
United are the biggest club in Britain aren't we?
The Premier League is the most popular isn't it?

Of course there is prestige in being associated with an iconic club, just like there is for Nike or Adidas to sponsor Messi or Ronaldo.

I'm not sure you understand that the deal isn't only about merchandise and what they can make back, but also about being associated with one of the most famous clubs in the world, that's why they pay a premium.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!

Are they bold statement to come out with at this time
« Last Edit: July 9, 2014, 08:02:43 pm by lfc_col »
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
but also about being associated with one of the most famous clubs in the world, that's why they pay a premium.

Hows the guy at Chevrolet who OK'd the sponsorship deal with you lot getting on?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
I don't see what is so stupid
You lot yacking on about shirts. You mid table mediocrity, no Champions League wankers. O0
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
You lot yacking on about shirts. You mid table mediocrity, no Champions League wankers. O0

Yeah but in the past, they were good :P

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Who gives a shit about their shirt deal, who earns what.

What I'm interested in, is when are they officially going to announce the signings of Vidal, Hummels and Kroos?

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
He's a fat headed ugly c*nt isn't he! Cant  ]stand him already and cant stand UTD fans treating him as a legend even though he's never managed a game for them yet. Cant wait for it all go to shit to hear the excuses and back tracking! c*nts.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
What I'm interested in, is when are they officially going to announce the signings of Vidal, Hummels and Kroos?

Where's that "warchest" the media keep banging on about  :P
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is the turtle going to get praised for who he picks to take throw-ins and corners tonight ,probably will.

We will have Revan......what ever the fuck his name is in here claiming how Moyes wouldn't of picked that player to take the throw-in that 6 passes later resulted in a goal. A quick Van Gaal wank later and he will have some article (sticky pages)  to show us about how brave Van Gaal was in making the Dutch team practice a new technique of throw-ins he's been working on since he was but 5 years old.
PoP has all his primary school drawings and books from that age for him to study for tips because he's that good.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
The Premier League is the most popular isn't it?

Of course there is prestige in being associated with an iconic club, just like there is for Nike or Adidas to sponsor Messi or Ronaldo.

I'm not sure you understand that the deal isn't only about merchandise and what they can make back, but also about being associated with one of the most famous clubs in the world, that's why they pay a premium.

Look what David Moyes did to you.
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity

Why do you think they call it the theater of dreams?
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....

You don't seem very sure of yourself mate. :)

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
Is the turtle going to get praised for who he picks to take throw-ins and corners tonight ,probably will.

We will have Revan......what ever the fuck his name is in here claiming how Moyes wouldn't of picked that player to take the throw-in that 6 passes later resulted in a goal. A quick Van Gaal wank later and he will have some article (sticky pages)  to show us about how brave Van Gaal was in making the Dutch team practice a new technique of throw-ins he's been working on since he was but 5 years old.
PoP has all his primary school drawings and books from that age for him to study for tips because he's that good.

And on top of all that, someone caved in the front of his face. He looks like he was lying flat on his back and he got stepped on by an elephant. The c*nt. That must be why he likes to throw his ballsack at people, to distract them from the horror show up top. Ugly prick. He's the first really punchable c*nt I can think of who truly looks like we have been, for lack of a better term, beaten to the punch. You look at David Luiz for example. There's still some roundness to his face that we could flatten with haymakers. Hitting this c*nt's face would be like punching a parquet floor. I guess we could still punch him in the throat. Anyway, we've got time to think it through, season is a long way off yet.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

First two are done deals.

Pardon the pun, but they missed the boat on the last one

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And on top of all that, someone caved in the front of his face. He looks like he was lying flat on his back and he got stepped on by an elephant. The c*nt. That must be why he likes to throw his ballsack at people, to distract them from the horror show up top. Ugly prick. He's the first really punchable c*nt I can think of who truly looks like we have been, for lack of a better term, beaten to the punch. You look at David Luiz for example. There's still some roundness to his face that we could flatten with haymakers. Hitting this c*nt's face would be like punching a parquet floor. I guess we could still punch him in the throat. Anyway, we've got time to think it through, season is a long way off yet.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Are they bold statement to come out with at this time

Why?

Hows the guy at Chevrolet who OK'd the sponsorship deal with you lot getting on?

Don't know, who cares?

It's crazy talking about a record shirt deal for United in a United thread I concede.

Yeah but in the past, they were good :P
I'm very jealous of Liverpool's silverware last season, I must admit.

Straight after you sell your best player and announce the signing of Sanchez I reckon.

He's a fat headed ugly c*nt isn't he!
Seeing as i'm interesting in women, I couldn't give a monkeys what footballers or managers look like, but whatever floats your boat mate.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan

Straight after you sell your best player and announce the signing of Sanchez I reckon.

:lmao

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Stop talking about the past.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
:lmao
My God, they are amused by mediocre attempts at humour now.
Mid table wankers.:))
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4

Steady on, it's not even the stupidest thing he's posted this week!
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
My God, they are amused by mediocre attempts at humour now.
Mid table wankers.:))

One year on second place after half a decade at midtable and already behaving like you just won UCL.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

You lot sold Ronaldo and bought Valencia, Obertan and Diouf so not sure what point you're trying to make.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Steady on, it's not even the stupidest thing he's posted this week!
You got me there. ;D