Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3896554 times)

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Man U shirts probably outsell Chelsea, arsenal and city combined, so I'm sure adidas won't think it's such a risky investment

Granted they sell more shirts than we do.

But not 3-4 times as much.

For  75M  figure there needs to be more in it other than kits.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
Lol at the Mancs bragging about shirts. Mid table wankers.:))
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
It may include a naming rights for OT.

Adidas Arena at Old Trafford or some such..
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
We've been crap a season not 25. ;D
We were crap for a single season once. Then it was two...then three....you get the idea.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline swooshboy

• Sold out to become 3 bar boy.
  • Main Stander
  • United fan from RedCafe
It may include a naming rights for OT.

Adidas Arena at Old Trafford or some such..

The club has already stated that they will not be changing the stadium name.

Don't think anyone is bragging about shirts, but the news that this new deal could bring in this sort of money is understandably very welcome.

Offline swooshboy

• Main Stander
I am still very surprised that Nike have decided not to renew the deal - would have put money on them doing so.

Especially given that they also decided against extending the Arsenal deal.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I am still very surprised that Nike have decided not to renew the deal - would have put money on them doing so.

Especially given that they also decided against extending the Arsenal deal.

Nike are probably trying to concentrate on the big clubs they sponsor.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline swooshboy

• Main Stander

Haha

I think if adi had any doubt that United wouldn't be able to turn around last season's performance (and do so quickly), then they would not be offering such a large amount.

:)

Offline swooshboy

• Main Stander
But you do make a good point - both adi and Nike will have to concentrate on their clubs, as this deal (providing it goes through) will now be used as a benchmark by Real, Barca, even yourselves.

Offline SA RED

• Anny Roader
Have Adidas formally approached these or is it all just speculation?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
But you do make a good point - both adi and Nike will have to concentrate on their clubs, as this deal (providing it goes through) will now be used as a benchmark by Real, Barca, even yourselves.

Will you be requesting a username change to 3stripeboy?

Offline swooshboy

• Main Stander
Have Adidas formally approached these or is it all just speculation?

They are definitely in negotiations with United - as were Nike and Warrior (i believe Warrior were).

Nike have confirmed that they will not be renewing their deal - and their reason is that the terms on offer were not agreeable to them.

The clear assumption is that adi have offered more than Nike were willing to pay (not more than they could afford, just more than they were willing).

I wouldn't be surprised if adi offered a huge amount with the expectation that Nike would choose to simply match it. A few years ago, Nike offered a huge increase on the existing deal to try and get the German national team kit deal. They knew that the German federation was extremely unlikely to split from their adidas deal, but it did force adi to vastly increase what they had been willing to pay.

I think something similar has happened here - except Nike decided that if adi wanted to pay that much, they were welcome to.

Offline swooshboy

• Main Stander
Will you be requesting a username change to 3stripeboy?

Haha never!!

I'm pretty loyal to Nike - was given that name as a nickname since Nike / Jordan are the only sportswear brand I will wear. I worked for Nike for 12 years, so have been fully brainwashed :)

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
Haha never!!

I'm pretty loyal to Nike - was given that name as a nickname since Nike / Jordan are the only sportswear brand I will wear. I worked for Nike for 12 years, so have been fully brainwashed :)

You reckon the ol' Swoosh Maestro's will ever bid for a Liverpool deal?
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Haha never!!

I miss OldCold as well

Offline swooshboy

• Main Stander
You reckon the ol' Swoosh Maestro's will ever bid for a Liverpool deal?

Maybe - think someone here said that your deal was up in 2 years. I was sure they would extend the United deal - they have enough money to very easily pay for the full deal in cash.

I don't know if they are looking to change their approach - they have gone from having United, City, Arsenal and Everton, to just City (not sure who Everton are with to be honest). I don't know if they feel CIty is enough, or whether they think Liverpool and City would be a god combination?

Or it could be that they feel they are unlikely to have the same level of success with United going forward as they have done over the past 13 or so years they have had the kit deal - which is understandable!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
Everton are Umbro. Which are owned by Nike, explaining the quick change I suppose.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Louis van Gaal will be Juan Mata's 9th manager in the past 3 years. (Emery, AVB, Di Matteo, Benitez, Mourinho, Moyes, Giggs, Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal and Del Bosque).

Offline swooshboy

• Main Stander
Everton are Umbro. Which are owned by Nike, explaining the quick change I suppose.

Nike don't own Umbro anymore - they sold them a couple of years ago.

Offline swooshboy

• Main Stander
Louis van Gaal will be Juan Mata's 9th manager in the past 3 years. (Emery, AVB, Di Matteo, Benitez, Mourinho, Moyes, Giggs, Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal and Del Bosque).

Why do manager's names get auto-spelt out in full?

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
Why do manager's names get auto-spelt out in full?

It's only if you type the L V G acronym.

Same with A V B
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan

Same with A V B
AVB is fine now.

Nike don't own Umbro anymore - they sold them a couple of years ago.
Oh, I missed that one. How ling did Nike have Everton, was it just one year?

Offline Durlmints

• Legacy Fan
AVB is fine now.

That's a shame! It was certainly a better auto-correct than the Van Gaal one!

Offline swooshboy

• Main Stander
AVB is fine now.
Oh, I missed that one. How ling did Nike have Everton, was it just one year?

5 years (according to Wiki!).

Long enough for them to scavenge the England and Man City deals...

Offline swooshboy

• Main Stander

Same with A V B

Cheers!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan

Jesus, time flies.

Offline redhokie8

• Kopite
Honestly how are people expecting United to do next season? Obviously it's difficult to say because they look like they'll probably bring in a few more players. They need to sort out their defense, and Van Persie isn't getting any younger. I think they'll improve quite a  bit from last season. More than likely there will be some growing pains. I don't see them winning the league, but I think it'll be between them, us, Chelsea, Arsenal, and City vying for those top four places.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
£750m ten-year kit deal is just staggering with the situation they are in right now!

There situation is hardly that bad, they have got rid of the reason for their demise and brought in a top manager. They are also targeting top players.

It's all about making the right noises, had they accepted their fate, reduced their spending and drawn out a 5 year plan of buying potential and pinning their hopes on them coming good then they would suffer.

I predict they will go close to winning the title next year if they get in the players they want.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan

How long did Nike have Everton, not Umbro. Think Everton was 2 years only because of Nike buying Umbro.

Did you work in Hilversum?

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Man U shirts probably outsell Chelsea, arsenal and city combined, so I'm sure adidas won't think it's such a risky investment

Not quite, but more than Liverpool and City combined.

The prestige of sponsoring the biggest club in the world's most popular league.

Lol at the Mancs bragging about shirts. Mid table wankers.:))

Lol at the jealousy of United's record breaking kit deal when we've just had our worst season since you last won the league.  :)
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
So any muscle injuries to report of seeing as giggs is in charge at carrington and doing double sessions while van gaal is busy.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline swooshboy

• Main Stander
Honestly how are people expecting United to do next season? Obviously it's difficult to say because they look like they'll probably bring in a few more players. They need to sort out their defense, and Van Persie isn't getting any younger. I think they'll improve quite a  bit from last season. More than likely there will be some growing pains. I don't see them winning the league, but I think it'll be between them, us, Chelsea, Arsenal, and City vying for those top four places.

I expect us to be top 4. Obviously we won't have Europe to worry about this year - I think that helped you last season by only having to focus on the league, so I suppose it could have a similar benefit for us.

We have addressed 2 glaring needs in our squad, with Herrera and Shaw, although I don't think we are done spending yet. I would love to see Vidal, but no idea how likely that is (my instinct says not so!). Has been a long time since we have had a competitive midfield, so v good to see us improving in that area.

I guess my biggest reason for optimism is van Gaal. The only thing more disappointing then where we finished in the league last season was the manner in which we got there - dull, listless performances. I am not expecting van Gall to work his magic overnight, but I am expecting him to have a vision of how he wants the team to play, and to be able to motivate/get the players to play that way.

Offline swooshboy

• Main Stander
How long did Nike have Everton, not Umbro. Think Everton was 2 years only because of Nike buying Umbro.

Did you work in Hilversum?

Think it was 2 years - can't have been much longer.

I did indeed - worked for Nike in the UK, and then in Hilversum also. Do you know Hilversum?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
Think it was 2 years - can't have been much longer.

I did indeed - worked for Nike in the UK, and then in Hilversum also. Do you know Hilversum?

My fiancee worked for Nike Football (I think Man Utd, Arsenal, Dortmund, Inter were her teams), then pro Sports on cycling and England Rugby. I know quite a few people that have worked there and some that still work there (mainly ex-pats).
« Last Edit: July 9, 2014, 05:33:43 pm by Craig S »

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
Nike want out because the mancs are clearly on a downward curve. A few more seasons of mediocrity and they'll be on half a million shirts sales a year if they're lucky.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Reports back to Red Cafe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan

We sell almost twice as many shirts as yiu (1.4m compared to 800k), we also have way more fans around the world. And we have also been much more succesful on recent times. So - like it or not - we are getting 3 times as much money than you from kit sponsor  :lickin
« Last Edit: July 9, 2014, 07:24:48 pm by TheRevanchist »
“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.”

Offline TheRevanchist

• Reports back to Red Cafe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
Nike want out because the mancs are clearly on a downward curve. A few more seasons of mediocrity and they'll be on half a million shirts sales a year if they're lucky.

Considering that you have had 2 decades of mediocrity and still sell around 800k kits, I am sure that there is no chance at all that we'll be on half a million shirts for year.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2014, 07:18:21 pm by TheRevanchist »
“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.”

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
We sell almost twice as many shirts as yiu (1.4m compared to 800k), we also have way more fans around the world. And we have also been much more succesful on recent times. So - like it or not - we are getting 3 times more money than you from kit sponsor  :lickin
You need that to make up for the lack of European football, TV revenues, prize monies and general interest in the sinking ship that you have become.