Author Topic: Porto (A) - Wednesday 17th April  (Read 66300 times)

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
Re: Porto (A) - Wednesday 17th April
« Reply #360 on: April 3, 2019, 02:20:30 pm »
Should we advance to the semi-finals, when will the dates be confirmed for the semi-final games? Will it be the Thursday? Can't remember what the story was last year!
Yes thats correct, Thursday 18th April.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #361 on: April 3, 2019, 02:23:45 pm »

Thanks, Andy. Be surely by lunchtime on the Thursday would it?

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #362 on: April 3, 2019, 03:38:35 pm »
Thanks, Andy. Be surely by lunchtime on the Thursday would it?
No worries. Yeah I reckon so, possibly even 1st thing as I'd imagine that they already know the exact dates of all the permutations.
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline scouse92

• Main Stander
« Reply #363 on: April 4, 2019, 09:18:06 am »
Anyone doing any mad routes for this one?

We are doing Faro on the way there and Madrid on the way back both with a night stop over  8)

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #364 on: April 4, 2019, 01:45:25 pm »

We'll be still in Porto then, travelling back in the afternoon
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #365 on: April 4, 2019, 03:27:22 pm »
Stansted to Vigo on the Tuesday. Train to Porto on match day. Fly home from Porto via Madrid on the Thursday.

Offline ic843

• Choose Everton
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cally's heroes
« Reply #366 on: April 4, 2019, 05:15:12 pm »
It can be more than a slight ball ache. We go to pretty much all of them and need to keep each trip as cheap as possible. The cheaper routes often get us into the city on match day and often not till the afternoon. This has worked fine for years. We got to Munich at 3.30 and had to rush to collect tickets. We’re due to get to Porto at the same time which would no doubt be too late for the in town collection due to kick off being an hour earlier.

If we had to collect every game it might rule out some cheaper routes. So it’s not just inconvenience it’s changing the habits we’ve enjoyed for years and increasing costs.

There’s other ways to beat the touts without fucking up your trip. Proof of travel is tried and tested. It’s worked in the past. Don’t know why that working non-disruptive solution can’t be used.

This is exactly why the SOS are apposed to the clubs flawed collection scheme and why I hope they will continue to push for it to be scrapped. It’s like a right wing regressive tax that penalises those of us who can least afford it, going completely against the principles Shankly built this club on

Our group have been lucky enough not to be selected for either, but like you we got a late train into Munich and collection would have fucked our day up. Just like that shambles of a collection in Augsburg did.

I don’t know which element of our support I dislike the most, the ones who pay over the odds for tickets and then don’t contribute towards the atmosphere in our end,  or the ones who are so angry about it, so consumed by it that they condone a course of action taken by the club that hurts the rest of us in the pocket and ruins our experience.
Taylor Report 278 ""It is fair to say that over many years the South Yorkshire Police have given excellent service to the public...Unforunately, their policing on April 15 broke down in the ways described, and although there were other causes, the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control."
BOYCOTT THE S*N

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: April 4, 2019, 05:26:43 pm »

This is exactly why the SOS are apposed to the clubs flawed collection scheme and why I hope they will continue to push for it to be scrapped. It’s like a right wing regressive tax that penalises those of us who can least afford it, going completely against the principles Shankly built this club on

Our group have been lucky enough not to be selected for either, but like you we got a late train into Munich and collection would have fucked our day up. Just like that shambles of a collection in Augsburg did.

I don’t know which element of our support I dislike the most, the ones who pay over the odds for tickets and then don’t contribute towards the atmosphere in our end,  or the ones who are so angry about it, so consumed by it that they condone a course of action taken by the club that hurts the rest of us in the pocket and ruins our experience.

So how do you propose eliminating credit hunting then? Like the 1450 in attendance at Napoli yet 2650 get credits

Anybody with the tiniest bit of PC Skills can forge a travel document?

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #368 on: April 4, 2019, 05:31:56 pm »
It’s obvious what games people will buy for the credit. Use it for them but swerve for the likes of this, Bayern and Barca were it just becomes a pain in the arse.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: April 4, 2019, 05:40:03 pm »

I'm sorry but doing something that puts yourself out a little bit for the benefit of other people is nothing like a right wing regressive tax.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #370 on: April 4, 2019, 05:55:53 pm »
So how do you propose eliminating credit hunting then? Like the 1450 in attendance at Napoli yet 2650 get credits

Anybody with the tiniest bit of PC Skills can forge a travel document?

I’ve asked on a number of threads including this one for ideas but not many coming forward.

Unique stamp on ticket from a steward that you enter into website to claim your credit later? (And process to dispute issues). Likely an issue for those too pissed with lost things.
Voluntary collection on first group away-then commitment to be removed from random ones for rest of campaign.
Voluntary collection system that comes with a £10 ticket reduction.(At least get some idea of genuine attendees but agin not that great).
Travel documents. (Yes can be faked so not ideal).
Hate myself for saying this but self headshot picture held on file and then one taken in the stadium to match up as proof. (Embarrassed to put this forward but might give someone a related idea).
Got to be something workable.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: April 4, 2019, 05:58:02 pm »
GPS app check in.
All my ideas are a bit shit but be nice to hear some others.

Offline ic843

• Choose Everton
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cally's heroes
« Reply #372 on: April 4, 2019, 06:09:11 pm »
I'm sorry but doing something that puts yourself out a little bit for the benefit of other people is nothing like a right wing regressive tax.

We can’t all afford direct flights into the match city in plenty of time for collection. Many of us have been to euro aways on cheap routes that barley get us to the stadium for kick off, so for many of us it is like that.
Taylor Report 278 ""It is fair to say that over many years the South Yorkshire Police have given excellent service to the public...Unforunately, their policing on April 15 broke down in the ways described, and although there were other causes, the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control."
BOYCOTT THE S*N

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: April 4, 2019, 06:13:26 pm »
I’ve asked on a number of threads including this one for ideas but not many coming forward.

Unique stamp on ticket from a steward that you enter into website to claim your credit later? (And process to dispute issues). Likely an issue for those too pissed with lost things.
Voluntary collection on first group away-then commitment to be removed from random ones for rest of campaign.
Voluntary collection system that comes with a £10 ticket reduction.(At least get some idea of genuine attendees but agin not that great).
Travel documents. (Yes can be faked so not ideal).
Hate myself for saying this but self headshot picture held on file and then one taken in the stadium to match up as proof. (Embarrassed to put this forward but might give someone a related idea).
Got to be something workable.

or use the system they are using and is working well, it worked well in ausburg had about a 10minute wait and was able to get a beer whilst waiting and worked well in munich for the people who i was with that where picked for collection absolute no problems

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #374 on: April 4, 2019, 06:16:49 pm »
or use the system they are using and is working well, it worked well in ausburg had about a 10minute wait and was able to get a beer whilst waiting and worked well in munich for the people who i was with that where picked for collection absolute no problems

It worked well for you.
Long live the King

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: April 4, 2019, 06:19:17 pm »
It worked well for you.
worked well for a lot of people who i spoke to over there as well, only issues i've heard are when people are idiots and dont take the information they where told to take

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #376 on: April 4, 2019, 06:24:55 pm »
worked well for a lot of people who i spoke to over there as well, only issues i've heard are when people are idiots and dont take the information they where told to take

What about people who aren’t due to get there till late afternoon, and have to detour on an already rushed schedule?

We couldn’t find the place in Augsburg. Wasted lots of our afternoon walking round. Didn’t work for us.
Long live the King

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: April 4, 2019, 06:30:39 pm »
What about people who aren’t due to get there till late afternoon, and have to detour on an already rushed schedule?

We couldn’t find the place in Augsburg. Wasted lots of our afternoon walking round. Didn’t work for us.
all the collections have been in a central location, most people when arrive would either be on a train in the city centre or would be heading there from airport so its not exactly a massive detour

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: April 4, 2019, 06:53:07 pm »
Biometric reader at the turnstiles.
Another one.
Safety issues there though. Roma, red star to name 2 where that would have caused an issue.
Probably shows how hard it is to come up with options.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #379 on: April 4, 2019, 07:39:08 pm »
all the collections have been in a central location, most people when arrive would either be on a train in the city centre or would be heading there from airport so its not exactly a massive detour

For Belgrade it took us longer than expected to get through the Serbian border and we didn’t get to our hotel, by the stadium, till 7. We didn’t go into the city cos we didn’t have time. We walked straight to the ground.

You may remember that hotels in Munich weren’t cheap. We were staying outside the centre. As it happened, our train from Prague stopped at a station by our hotel but we had to stay on to Hauptbahnhof to get our tickets, then pay €25 in a cab to get back to and check into our hotel.

For Porto, we’ve got a minibus departing Faro at 10.30. All being well should get to Porto at 15.30. If timescales are same as Munich, that’s too late to collect in the city.

Yes collection at the stadium is on option but people are uneasy until the ticket is in hand.

So collection in the city centre might have worked well for you and others, who get there the night before or the morning of the game, but it doesn’t work for us. It’s a pain in the arse and I don’t see why our travel routes should be restricted / more expensive because the club can’t find a more effective way of dealing with touts. Especially when the collection system can work for touts as long as they find their victim in advance.

Fancard scanning at Benfica worked to the extent that scanned fancards recorded on purchase history. Only problem was people scanning multiple cards. Strong stewards enforcing a one scan per person / ticket system would solve that..
Long live the King

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: April 4, 2019, 07:41:24 pm »
The only way they could enforce that is with photographic memory though.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #381 on: April 4, 2019, 07:43:31 pm »
The only way they could enforce that is with photographic memory though.

Scan as you pass through the turnstile. Ensures one scan per ticket.
Long live the King

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: April 4, 2019, 07:49:19 pm »
Scan as you pass through the turnstile. Ensures one scan per ticket.
then you'd have people complaining that like to arrive late that they miss minutes of games etc due to slow process of getting in, and why should they be restricted on there time and have to get the ground earlier just because fan cards need scanning? there are pro's and cons about every situation the club try and bring in but its our fans that have brought this situation in by the touting and credit hunting that goes on and for me collection is the simplest way, hopefully next season the club become stricter on it and a way of getting the touting/crediting hunting out all together is to go the system where person attnending the game gets the credit rather than person who buys

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #383 on: April 4, 2019, 07:52:30 pm »
then you'd have people complaining that like to arrive late that they miss minutes of games etc due to slow process of getting in, and why should they be restricted on there time and have to get the ground earlier just because fan cards need scanning? there are pro's and cons about every situation the club try and bring in but its our fans that have brought this situation in by the touting and credit hunting that goes on and for me collection is the simplest way, hopefully next season the club become stricter on it and a way of getting the touting/crediting hunting out all together is to go the system where person attnending the game gets the credit rather than person who buys

Scanning a fancard at the same time as a ticket wouldn’t add time. And scanning a fancard could mean the person who attends gets the credit rather than the buyer, as is your desire.
Long live the King

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #384 on: April 5, 2019, 12:27:40 am »
Scanning a fancard at the same time as a ticket wouldn’t add time. And scanning a fancard could mean the person who attends gets the credit rather than the buyer, as is your desire.

That's not a bad idea at all. I had thought about the scanning of fancards in the ground to get the credit, but then ultimately as someone else said people could scan multiple cards.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #385 on: April 5, 2019, 02:28:57 am »

10 minutes? Wow! We were there for 1.5 hours! Although I agree the waiting area was ok.
We are a team of one half.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: April 5, 2019, 10:16:35 am »
anyones tickets arrived yet? (that aren't collecting :butt)
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: April 5, 2019, 10:27:50 am »
That's not a bad idea at all. I had thought about the scanning of fancards in the ground to get the credit, but then ultimately as someone else said people could scan multiple cards.

We tried this a few seasons back. I remember multiple scanning of fancards at Benfica, for example. The Stewards weren't in the slight bit bothered.

Augsburg was a right ballache for us. Our schedule was tight and then got to our hotel and it was double booked. The kind German owner took us to his mates hotel luckily enough. That meant we rushed like fuck to the pick up point and then straight round the corner to the buses to the ground. Hardly a relaxing, enjoyable trip.

Offline NickoH

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: April 5, 2019, 10:28:18 am »
anyones tickets arrived yet? (that aren't collecting :butt)

No

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #389 on: April 5, 2019, 11:31:54 am »
We tried this a few seasons back. I remember multiple scanning of fancards at Benfica, for example. The Stewards weren't in the slight bit bothered.

Fix the stewards not being bothered and you’ve fixed the system.
Long live the King

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: April 5, 2019, 12:32:28 pm »
Fix the stewards not being bothered and you’ve fixed the system.

You've got zero chance of that, they're like the scarlet pimpernel when you need one, nice jolly for them is all it is

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #391 on: April 5, 2019, 01:34:01 pm »
You've got zero chance of that, they're like the scarlet pimpernel when you need one, nice jolly for them is all it is

Get the ticket office birds who normally do the collections to do it then. They stick to the rules when handing out tickets and could do the same for this.
Long live the King

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #392 on: April 5, 2019, 04:41:03 pm »
Got the e-mail - posted in to the Royal Mail delivery system for next day delivery, so tomorrow or Monday for delivery....

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: April 6, 2019, 08:15:50 am »
Ticket arrived this morning
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #394 on: April 6, 2019, 01:38:09 pm »
We're they that small last season? Can't remember them being credit card size roughly

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: April 6, 2019, 04:34:24 pm »
Just looked at a pic I took on my phone and look the same size. I’ve got a bit of a thing about the random sizes of European tickets.
I’ve also got the same block, and one row behind and 1 seat to the side from last year. Practically got a Porto away ST!

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #396 on: April 6, 2019, 04:35:00 pm »
We're they that small last season? Can't remember them being credit card size roughly
Yes they were exactly the same size.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #397 on: April 7, 2019, 03:38:56 pm »
nothing from DHL for us yet on Overseas Post, hopefully something Monday with delivery details then the tickets by the end of the week !

will post when have some news - YNWA !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: April 7, 2019, 07:30:20 pm »
Was just planning this trip earlier today for what I'll get up to etc and was trying to think if we were kept back last time after the game.

Then I read the Porto thread from 2018 to find out and found this comment from CheshireMike..

"Was nice of the police to escort us outside after the game to then hold us in the rain for another 20mins. Just to make sure we couldn't get any wetter...…"

It's all come 'flooding' back to me now. I remember that part now. I still feel soaked just thinking about it.

P.s. This was where we first properly heard Allez Allez Allez I think.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #399 on: April 8, 2019, 09:54:06 am »
Get the ticket office birds who normally do the collections to do it then. They stick to the rules when handing out tickets and could do the same for this.

good point !

At the moment the Ticket Office give us 3 options for getting the tickets :

Collect from Anfield
UK Post
Overseas Post

for a potential semi final they could be nice and give us a 4th option :

Collect in the host city

like that they could trial it for if/when they implement 100% collection in the host city in the future.

if we dont make the semi, they could do it for the 3 group games next season and go full 100% if its viable.

im sur they will sort something out in the closed season and be ready for the first away game 2019-20, would just be nice to have the details before we start planning ourselves for any trips on the Road to Istanbul - YNWA
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24