Author Topic: The Simpsons - The Blurst of thread  (Read 343485 times)

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Simpsons - The Blurst of thread
« Reply #2600 on: May 6, 2021, 05:42:14 pm »
Didn't ever remember seeing The Cartridge Family on TV, think I only saw it the first time on the DVD of season 6.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2601 on: May 6, 2021, 06:46:10 pm »
Didn't ever remember seeing The Cartridge Family on TV, think I only saw it the first time on the DVD of season 6.
I think on DVD’s and Disney+ now it’s in the correct order, but did not air correctly at the time. Luckily with The Simpsons being how it is, there were no major continuity issues.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2602 on: May 7, 2021, 11:46:08 am »

I bought the video when it came out to watch that one

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2603 on: May 8, 2021, 02:49:19 am »
Watched The PTA Disbands tonight.

I estimated one joke every 5 seconds and one iconic line every minute. This is "pinnacle of human culture" writing.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2604 on: May 8, 2021, 03:10:49 am »
A Streetcar Named Marge doesn't get aired now because of the New Orleans song at the beginning of the play.
Fun fact: by a bizarre coincidence that episode was actually shown in the UK at the same time as the New Orleans hurricane and floods. I remember watching it and thinking there was no way they wouldn't have cut out the song. But they didn't.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2605 on: May 8, 2021, 12:16:41 pm »
Watched The PTA Disbands tonight.

I estimated one joke every 5 seconds and one iconic line every minute. This is "pinnacle of human culture" writing.

"OH YEAH THE TAXES, THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!"
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2606 on: May 8, 2021, 12:31:10 pm »
Bart: Lisa and I built your room.
Rod: [taking down poster in Rod's new bedroom] But I don't like this clown!
Bart: Ah, I wouldn't take it down if I were you. It's a load-bearing poster. [a crack ripples through the upper wall and up to the ceiling]
Apu: This is the room with electricity. But it has too much electricity. So, I don't know, you might want to wear a hat.
Flanders: Uh-huh. [walks further down the hallway] Floor feels a little gritty here.
Moe: Yeah we ran out of floorboards there, so we painted the dirt. Pretty clever!
Flanders: [walking down the extremely small and narrow hallway] Oh, something is definitely wrong with this hallway. [opens a 4-inch-tall door]
Barney: Come on in! It's your master bedroom! [Ned shuts the dollhouse-sized door] Ow! My nose!
Flanders: Well, I've seen about enough.
[outside of the Flanders' rebuilt house]
Homer: So, Flanders, what do you think of the house that love built? [the Flanders' rebuilt house collapses] Aw, shoot...
Flanders: [after cleaning his glasses, but the lenses fall out and puts his glasses back on as he tries to calm himself down, understanding that the townspeople has done their best] Now, calm down, Neddly diddily diddily diddily, doodily. They did their best shoddilyddily iddily iddily diddily diddily. Gotta be nice, hostilitydidildilidilly... [unable to control his emotions and instead, starts to snap] AW, HELL-DIDDLY-DING-DONG-CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T YOU MORONS DO ANYTHING RIGHT??!?!?!?!?! [everyone gasps]
Marge: Ned! We meant well, and everyone here tried their best.
Flanders: (to Marge) Well, my family and I can't live in good intentions, Marge! Oh, your family's out of control, but we can't blame you, because you have gooood intentions!
Bart: Hey! Back off, man!
Flanders: (to Bart) Ooh, okay, duuuuuuude, I wouldn't want you to have a cow, maaaaaaan! Here's a catchphrase you'd better learn for your adult years: "Hey, buddy, GOT A QUARTER?!" [everyone gasps]
Bart: I am shocked and appalled.
Lisa: Mr. Flanders, with all due respect, Bart didn't do anything.
Flanders: (sarcastic gasp of surprise and to Lisa) Do I hear the sound of butting in? It's got to be little Lisa Simpson, Springfield's answer to a a QUESTION NO ONE ASKED!
Chief Wiggum: (laughs)
Flanders: (to Wiggum) What do we have here? The long flabby arm of the law? The last case you got the bottom of WAS A CASE OF MALLOWMARS!
Krusty: [opening a notebook] Mallomars, oh, haha. That's going in the act. [begins writing].
Flanders: (to Krusty) Oh yeah, the clown. The only one of you buffoons who doesn't make me laugh! [Krusty ignores him]. (to Lenny) And as for you, I don't know you, but I'm sure you're a jerk!
Lenny: Hey, I've only been here a few minutes! What's going on?
Flanders: (to Moe) You ugly, hate-filled man.
Moe: [acting bravely]. Hey, hey, I may be ugly and hate-filled, but I... um, what was the third thing you said?
Flanders: (to Milhouse) WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT, FOUR-EYES?!
Millhouse: But, you have glasses too.
Flanders: (to his neighbor Homer, coldly and quietly) Homer, you are the worst human being I have ever met.
Homer: Hey, I got off pretty easy.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2607 on: May 8, 2021, 11:31:13 pm »
Bart: Lisa and I built your room.

In the den?! May God have mercy on us all.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2608 on: May 17, 2021, 02:27:44 am »
Was that Milhouse line in an earlier version? 99% sure it isn't in the final episode.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2609 on: May 17, 2021, 07:20:11 am »
Was that Milhouse line in an earlier version? 99% sure it isn't in the final episode.

No it was never broadcast. Apparently was either scripted or a deleted scene.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #2610 on: May 17, 2021, 10:59:23 am »
"OH YEAH THE TAXES, THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!"

Ad libbed by Dan Castellaneta
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2611 on: June 2, 2021, 06:43:28 pm »
Sideshow Bob's back...

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #2612 on: June 3, 2021, 01:10:15 pm »
Noone who speaks German could be an evil man.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2613 on: June 7, 2021, 10:36:27 pm »
Going through season 3 right now. Practically every line is gold, and the direction is terrific.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2BdBAVBBpiA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2BdBAVBBpiA</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5e_dkrcVHJc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5e_dkrcVHJc</a>
« Last Edit: June 7, 2021, 11:13:08 pm by Sheer Magnetism »

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2614 on: June 9, 2021, 11:04:55 pm »
Marge: Reverend Lovejoy, I had a bit of an ulterior motive in inviting you to dinner

Rev. Lovejoy: WHAT?!

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2615 on: June 27, 2021, 11:25:44 pm »
"Next on McGarnagle. McGarnacle is framed for a crime he didn't commit, and only one witness can clear his name, a little sissy boy who's too scaaaaared to come forward"

"You gotta tell 'em what you saw, Billy"

"But I'm so scared McGarnagle"

"You gotta do this one for me Billy, McGarnagle"

"Okay, for you, McGarnagle"

"Well McGarnagle! Billy is DEAD! They slit his throat from ear to ear"

"Hey, I'm trying to eat lunch here!"

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2616 on: June 29, 2021, 02:27:43 pm »
"You know, we're kind of like the original Odd Couple. You're the messy one and I'm-"

"SHUT UP!"

"Oh yes, very well"

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2617 on: June 29, 2021, 02:37:46 pm »
"Oh, I have had it! I have had it with this school, Skinner! The low test scores, class after class of ugly, ugly children!"

"Oh, now I really think the children's appearance--"

"Seymour, you are in very, very big trouble."
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #2618 on: June 29, 2021, 10:18:15 pm »
There's a few that either don't get aired, or are so butchered by the channel's edit that they may as well not do so.

Whacking Day doesn't get aired because of the animal cruelty aspect, even though that literally is the crux of the episode and gets resolved.

A Streetcar Named Marge doesn't get aired now because of the New Orleans song at the beginning of the play.

The City of New York vs Homer Simpson was pulled from replays after 9/11 and has only had airing in the UK again a decade later, with extensive cuts.

The Cartridge Family was shown in the UK but pulled from US for four years after it was written (so had to be reanimated in part and rejigged and showed as part of S10 when it was written for S6) due to the various gun capers involved (I'd call the comedy with the guns absurdism, but obviously not absurd enough for the US's censors to allow).

And there's loads that have had a lot of content cut, or lines cut out that throw off the whole context of the scene.

Are these episodes on Disney+ by any chance? I want to watch them now.....
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2619 on: June 30, 2021, 12:49:26 pm »
There's a few that either don't get aired, or are so butchered by the channel's edit that they may as well not do so.

Whacking Day doesn't get aired because of the animal cruelty aspect, even though that literally is the crux of the episode and gets resolved.

The City of New York vs Homer Simpson was pulled from replays after 9/11 and has only had airing in the UK again a decade later, with extensive cuts.

The Cartridge Family was shown in the UK but pulled from US for four years after it was written (so had to be reanimated in part and rejigged and showed as part of S10 when it was written for S6) due to the various gun capers involved (I'd call the comedy with the guns absurdism, but obviously not absurd enough for the US's censors to allow).

And there's loads that have had a lot of content cut, or lines cut out that throw off the whole context of the scene.
This one being my favourite(0:28):

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1eNlbh1Pd2c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1eNlbh1Pd2c</a>

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2620 on: June 30, 2021, 12:58:46 pm »
Are these episodes on Disney+ by any chance? I want to watch them now.....
I believe so, me and my partner watched them all in a row (up to about S12) last summer and I can't recall them butchering, editing or leaving out anything. I'm fairly certain they're there, content-wise, in their original form.

Sheer - that's top notch stuff.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Henderson19

• Main Stander
« Reply #2621 on: June 30, 2021, 01:06:29 pm »
Well Homer, I guess you’re the winner by default.

Default? Woohoo! The two sweetest words in the English language. Default default default!

*whack

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #2622 on: June 30, 2021, 04:44:38 pm »
This one being my favourite(0:28):

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1eNlbh1Pd2c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1eNlbh1Pd2c</a>

Gonna sound like those nerds from the Poochie show. But does Lenny have an identical twin??

He is In the street and then in Moe's.

Unless the news isn't live.

Christ. Working from home for 15 months has made me go crazy
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2623 on: July 1, 2021, 09:45:58 am »
"You know, we're kind of like the original Odd Couple. You're the messy one and I'm-"

"SHUT UP!"

"Oh yes, very well"

Jump Free Willy, jump! Jump with all your might!

*squish*

Oh no, Willy didn't make it. And he crushed our boy.

Ugh, what a mess.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2624 on: July 1, 2021, 05:11:10 pm »
I'm only doing what I think is right. I believe Freddy Quimby should walk out of here a free hotel.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2625 on: July 1, 2021, 05:24:41 pm »

"SHUT UP!"

"Oh yes, very well"

Homer's delivery of "SHUT UP" is so great here  ;D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2626 on: July 1, 2021, 11:13:49 pm »
Homer's delivery of "SHUT UP" is so great here  ;D

It makes me wonder why we never got a feature length story of Homer and Skinner living together in the style of The Odd Couple  ;D

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2627 on: July 2, 2021, 08:55:52 am »
Gonna sound like those nerds from the Poochie show. But does Lenny have an identical twin??

He is In the street and then in Moe's.

Unless the news isn't live.

Christ. Working from home for 15 months has made me go crazy
To jump in, yes the news is live, the footage isn't, it's implied it's from the day before or a couple of days before etc.

A line that always, always makes me laugh:

Selma: 'Her legend will live forever.'

Homer (In thoughts): 'Yeah, the legend of the dog-faced woman!' Out loud: 'Hahaha legend of the dog faced woman, oh that's good!'

Marge: 'Homer, that's very rude of you!'

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2628 on: July 4, 2021, 08:26:11 am »
Calm down, sir. You're going to give yourself skin failure.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2629 on: July 4, 2021, 01:44:57 pm »
Calm down, sir. You're going to give yourself skin failure.

Okay. Now, the symptoms you describe point to Bonus Eruptus... It's a terrible disorder, where the skeleton tries to leap out the mouth, and escape the body

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2630 on: July 5, 2021, 12:34:12 pm »
"I kinda traded your soul to the guy at the comic book store, but look, I got some cool pogs. ALF pogs. Remember ALF? He's back, in pog form!"

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2631 on: July 10, 2021, 07:25:59 pm »
"Mayor Quimby supports revolving door prisons. Mayor Quimby even released Sideshow Bob, a man twice convicted of attempted murder. Can you trust a man like Mayor Quimby? Vote Sideshow Bob for Mayor"

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2632 on: July 12, 2021, 11:14:59 am »
We don't have bums in our town Marge and if we did they wouldn't rush they'd be allowed to go at their own pace.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2633 on: July 14, 2021, 09:21:57 pm »
"Don't keep blaming yourself. Blame yourself once, then move on."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2634 on: July 14, 2021, 09:29:28 pm »
"Mayor Quimby supports revolving door prisons. Mayor Quimby even released Sideshow Bob, a man twice convicted of attempted murder. Can you trust a man like Mayor Quimby? Vote Sideshow Bob for Mayor"

Without a Mayor Quimby, our town would really stink.
We wouldn't have a tire yard or a mid-sized roller rink.
We wouldn't have our gallows, or our shiny Bigfoot trap.
It's not the mayor's fault...
That the stadium collapsed!
Quimby: If you were running for mayor, he'd vote for you.
Paid for by the Mayor Quimby for Mayor Mayoral Committee.
#Sausages

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2635 on: July 14, 2021, 11:56:59 pm »
"Ladies and Gentlemen, I have been to Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan, and I can say without hyperbole that this is a million times worse than all of them put together."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2636 on: July 15, 2021, 12:11:03 am »
"Men, there's a little crippled boy sitting in a hospital who wants you to win this game. I know because I crippled him myself to inspire you."

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #2637 on: July 15, 2021, 07:13:27 am »
TV when the cable gets disconnected: "Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum: "Well I'll be damned."

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2638 on: July 15, 2021, 07:21:46 am »
Homer no function beer well without

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2639 on: July 15, 2021, 09:27:58 am »
"Men, there's a little crippled boy sitting in a hospital who wants you to win this game. I know because I crippled him myself to inspire you."

I hope they win or Mr. Burns said he's coming back.