Mikey - Team Roberto Baggio
9 (21.4%)
Nick - Team John Barnes
9 (21.4%)
Tubby - Team Robbie Keane
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: July 15, 2023, 08:30:22 am

Author Topic: The 'Built in their Image' Football Draft - Group A - Round 1  (Read 596 times)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Game 1

Nicholls - Team Ronaldinho

TEAM JOGA BONITO... the beautiful game:
- centrebacks who are good on the ball, dominant in the air and aggressive man-markers. Also a dangerous threat on set pieces.
- fullbacks who attack down the wing overlapping my inverted wingforwards. Possessing solid dribbling/crossing skills. Ze Roberto can play as an inverted fullback too, supporting Lothar and combining with our playmakers.
- a complete midfield, who can control the game through possession, win the ball back quick, both dynamic and expressive. Masters of passing and space awareness.
- versatile wingforwards, who can play on both the wing, centrally or drop deeper (both creative and goalscoring threats). A prolific striker who is a master in the box.

V

Robbie - Team Clarence Seedorf

Game 2

Wullie - Team Zinedine Zidane

V

Mikey - Team Roberto Baggio

The classic AC Milan / Italy centre-back partnership of Baresi-Costacurta protected by two of the greatest defensive midfielders ever in Makelele and Deschamps each dropping into the back line depending on the side we're attacking down. In defence we have a low lying 4-3-2-1 that can burst out into counter attacks.

Attacking Full backs provide width in attack with a left hand side attacking through combinations between Marcelo, Makelele, Moller and van Basten and on the right hand side Raul, Rivera, Maggio and Deschamps, allowing for something akin to a 3-3-1-3 in attack.

Rock solid at the back and plenty of goals up top, like the great teams Baggio was involved in, this team should be a tough proposition for any side. Let's just hope they don't have to contend with any penalty shootouts!

Game 3

Nick - John Barnes

V

Tubby - Team Robbie Keane

« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 08:46:48 am by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: The 'Built in their Image' Football Draft - Group A - Round 1
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 09:14:59 am »
Very, very tough. Tubby’s team is like mine in the other group in that it’s good but clearly not as good as the others unfortunately.

I went Ronaldinho, Baggio and Zidane.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 09:18:15 am »
Very, very tough. Tubby’s team is like mine in the other group in that it’s good but clearly not as good as the others unfortunately.

Zidane is playing Baggio numbnuts.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 09:18:32 am »

it was Baggio vs Zidane mate, these are matches, everyone is playing everyone (not just one round of pick your 3 best) :)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 09:26:56 am »
Voted for myself but Nick has the better team, soz Nick.  Went with Robbie and Mikey in the other two.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2023, 11:26:26 am »

Tip for Mikey for the next round, because people always seem to fuck this up. Put Match 1, Match 2 etc before everyone’s names in the voting column. That usually helps people get the message!
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 12:59:39 pm »
Tip for Mikey for the next round, because people always seem to fuck this up. Put Match 1, Match 2 etc before everyone’s names in the voting column. That usually helps people get the message!

Cheers. Will do!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 02:04:15 pm »
Can’t we just vote that everyone would have had a nice time?

My careless skim reading has ruined my credibility here. You know, in the same way my personality and the things I say do.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2023, 02:05:53 pm »
My votes are available for the right amount of lovin'.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2023, 02:13:02 pm »
My votes are available for the right amount of lovin'.

Lube yourself up Tubby.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2023, 02:16:29 pm »
Lube yourself up Tubby.

Not even Hans Segers would stoop that low.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2023, 04:34:03 pm »
Think that match 1 is interesting, Robbie has got perfect balance and fantastic players but Nicholls has got some of the best of all time in one team especially from an attacking perspective. Close, I went Nicholls because there is too much magic in there. No idea how it would play out in a proper match though. Perhaps Robbie because that team can defend super well. Tough when its so close.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 06:53:23 pm by red1977 »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2023, 10:01:37 am »
Game 1
Really tight but I went with Robbie's almost perfect set up and great balance that would unlock the chinks in Nicholls team at the back

Game 2
Hard to argue with Mikey's analysis although that French midfield of Wullie's is ooh la la. Mikey's defence is stellar though and not sure Wullie's attack would have the guile to get through. Baresi-Costacurta, fantastico

Game 3
Neither got the luck of the draw so have done admirably to put two decent teams out.I said earier on in the draft that any team that had Dunga, Brady and Henry in would get my vote when tubs was doing a bit of cryarsing so I have to stick with that, sorry Nick
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same