Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2493631 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Pretty annoyed that VVD is going to Chelsea in the summer but I guess they’re the only ones who can afford his £900,000 a day wages

TBF though with the £700,000/wk wages we will save by getting rid of him we'll be able to afford Almiron's £800k/wk demands.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Owned by Juve, I think. Not seen him play much since he moved to Genoa (nor has he played much, out since Feb with injuries) but he looked decent during his spell at Cagliari. Good dribbling stats but hasn't played enough football to get a grasp on what his defensive output looks like.

Juve own Atalanta's Romero too, who I really like.

I'm always reticent to suggest Italians playing in Serie A, there's not a great export record, similarly to English players leaving the Premier League.

Correction it's Lorenzo [from Roma] Pellegrini

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
A year is a lifetime in football, we’ve had a fucking dire season, the team spirit has fallen off a cliff and mentality monsters have transformed into mentality midgets

It’s not terminal but we certainly aren’t the attraction we were 2 summers ago and United / Chelsea and City can offer champions league football, which we can’t

Agreed. Klopp is washed up now. All the players want to learn from the best like Ole and Tuchel. They want to dab on their opponents with Pogba, be benched for Mason Mount. How can we compete? Despite what the table suggests we are not 4-7 points behind Chelsea we are a far poorer team now. Virgil, Gomez and Konate can't help us make up that gap. Only one high-profile signing can help us catch up but I won't name him.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 10:10:25 pm by Max_powers »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Pretty annoyed that VVD is going to Chelsea in the summer but I guess they’re the only ones who can afford his £900,000 a day wages

Transfer fee
Agent fee
Signing-on fee
Wages
Image rights

We don't actually know the exact number how much any player is worth per day or week. We can only guess based on media reports, but I doubt that anyone outside of the clubs and the tax authorities really knows. In any case, a transfer fee or the wages alone does not show how much a player costs a club per day or week ...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
With RedBird buying Toulouse we should be looking at the any and all French academy players they may have on their books. 

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
With RedBird buying Toulouse we should be looking at the any and all French academy players they may have on their books. 

Was it Malaga they were interested in too?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I believe they've bought a percentage of Malaga as well. With the current owner in the shits they probably will buy up the rest of the shares too.  They'll have the next Isco I'm guessing. But that lad too.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Well we'll need an attacker even if it isn't Sancho. If we're dipping into the £30-£40m market again for someone then we'll have to hope that they make the required step up and improve what we already have, something I believe Sancho definitely would have done.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Almiron? I hope thats a joke.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Transfer fee
Agent fee
Signing-on fee
Wages
Image rights

We don't actually know the exact number how much any player is worth per day or week. We can only guess based on media reports, but I doubt that anyone outside of the clubs and the tax authorities really knows. In any case, a transfer fee or the wages alone does not show how much a player costs a club per day or week ...

If we don’t know that (which we most certainly don’t) it may be worth not presenting guesswork as fact and certainly worth not coming across as a condescending plonker who knows a lot less than we think ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Almiron? I hope thats a joke.

All reliable ones are saying it. The underlying stats point to him having a breakout season and we're taking the plunge.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

He said the chance to follow in the footsteps of his hero Ken Monkou at two different clubs was too good to turn down.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He said the chance to follow in the footsteps of his hero Ken Monkou at two different clubs was too good to turn down.

That’s a hell of a reference :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan

I got this motherfucker in what felt like every packet during my Merlin sticker book days.

He got passed around a lot on the school playground.

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite
I got this motherfucker in what felt like every packet during my Merlin sticker book days.

He got passed around a lot on the school playground.

That’s how I remember Monkou, from Panini stickers. Not sure why they made so many with him on

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
All reliable ones are saying it. The underlying stats point to him having a breakout season and we're taking the plunge.

He's the kind of squad player we need.

Fast, good presser, can run all day. It makes a change from bringing on the same players - or the same unused subs - who don't offer anything, even if they may be good technically.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It’s only funny until you see the lean.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/malen-watkins-iheanacho-strikers-replace-firmino-liverpool/o9mym6k307rg17fmqz0z4edmp

Good piece from Neill Jones

The understanding from within Anfield is that there will be at least one forward arrival in the summer, though sources have dismissed links with Leeds’ impressive Brazilian, Raphinha, and Watford’s Ismaila Sarr, both of whom have been touted in the past.

Much will depend on whether Liverpool can offload their fringe players, and for how much.

Malen has an 86 likeness to Firmino. Quite surprised by that,
He looks the best cheaper option to go for.

Watkins is the most similar to Firmino at 90. He would be ideal but would cost too much.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
Shame, would have loved Raphinha this summer.

I like Malen, he’s pretty versatile too though there is always that slight doubt about strikers from Dutch league ... it’s anecdotal admittedly but if the 25m he’s valued at is true then I think it’s definitely something we should look at.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
The player’s agent, Humphry Nijman, has conducted an interview with Sport1 in which he invited offers from the Bundesliga champions.

“Wijnaldum is a free transfer and keeps all options open,” Nijman explained.

“FC Bayern is a great club. If you are interested in him, please feel free to speak to us.”

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
Imagine being this broke after winning a Premier league, champions league, and another champions league final appearance in the past 3 years. Seems like we can buy nobody without selling first.

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
Imagine being this broke after winning a Premier league, champions league, and another champions league final appearance in the past 3 years. Seems like we can buy nobody without selling first.
it is frustating. Since we made a profit in transfers in 2019 after getting no one in.
Especially when you see far smaller clubs like Villa & Leeds spending over 100m net last summer.
Our wage bill is very high but will be reduced with no CL since it is performance based.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Correction it's Lorenzo [from Roma] Pellegrini
Ah, makes more sense, with him being an attacking midfielder. Will be 25 by the time the summer window rolls around and doesn't look a 'Mourinho' type player to me. Works hard but isn't the type to drop into deep positions to help a low block out. The same caveat applies though about Italians leaving Italy and to be honest, given his profile with Roma and the national team, the mooted €30m release clause in his contract could be a good price.

He has one year left on his contract and hasn't yet negotiated another, as well as turning down Roma's approach to get him to sign another that removes the release clause. 16 G+A in 42 games is impressive for a midfielder who also has excellent defensive output, but he's certainly more a passing, creative player than a physically adept one who'll run through people, but I can see why we'd be interested based on his profile.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's not a good sign for Gini that we're now in May and his agent is still shopping him round. He'll still land somewhere decent, but feels like his back is up against the wall a bit.

I mean by most accounts we've basically sealed a deal for a £35m defender, so it's not all bad.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.

But you have to take COVID into account! Without any fans in the ground we've lost about £3.6b in income.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Ibrahima Konante says hello to you.  :wave

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
It's not a good sign for Gini that we're now in May and his agent is still shopping him round. He'll still land somewhere decent, but feels like his back is up against the wall a bit.

I mean by most accounts we've basically sealed a deal for a £35m defender, so it's not all bad.
https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1390345525690609666

ames Pearce On Konate Signing | Exclusive Interview

"It's still not 100% done because that conversation with Leipzig hasn't happened yet in terms of either negotiating a fee or just straight up paying his release clause."

sounds like we may not be willing to pay the release clause or maybe just waiting until the season ends.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The player’s agent, Humphry Nijman, has conducted an interview with Sport1 in which he invited offers from the Bundesliga champions.

“FC Bayern is a great club. If you are interested in him, please feel free to speak to us.”

Ouch

Looking like him and his agent have had a bit of a stinker not just signing with us

I don't know what we offered him but hard to see anyone offering better after this season with the current financial circumstances.

Looking like it might be the best for us anyway , which is the only thing that matters. Good luck Gini lad

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/malen-watkins-iheanacho-strikers-replace-firmino-liverpool/o9mym6k307rg17fmqz0z4edmp

Good piece from Neill Jones

Malen has an 86 likeness to Firmino. Quite surprised by that,
He looks the best cheaper option to go for.

Watkins is the most similar to Firmino at 90. He would be ideal but would cost too much.

New stat for me that 'Likeness to Firmino',i love Bobby but going by his output this season i would sverve anyone scoring high on that.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards

Wonder where he will end up. Not here and can't see Barca going for him as well. Not sure what he will add to Bayern, considering they have two of the best midfielders in the world, who are better and younger.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Hope there is no truth in it myself.  Not been at all impressed with him.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Wonder where he will end up. Not here and can't see Barca going for him as well. Not sure what he will add to Bayern, considering they have two of the best midfielders in the world, who are better and younger.

Hope for his sake he doesn't end up at a less prestigious club.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Is there any chance Gini changes his mind and stays or is it too late for that now on both sides?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
Is there any chance Gini changes his mind and stays or is it too late for that now on both sides?
Don't think it makes sense for us to give him a big contract at this point

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Ibrahima Konante says hello to you.  :wave
That will be paid for using the Ben Davies money.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Hope there is no truth in it myself.  Not been at all impressed with him.

I found it quite telling that Neil Jones didn't debunk it in the quote a bit above, he clearly knows it's on.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It feels a bit like Charlie Adam to be honest, and it’s annoying. He was excellent for Blackpool and could have been huge for us, but got shit from the fans before he even kicked a ball because he wasn’t ‘fashionable’ enough and now we’re doing the same with Almiron. Lad doesn’t stand a chance.

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
the Almiron joke was funny.
Being way overdone now. . Would rather see discussion on players,links than this overdone joke.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Being way overdone now. . Would rather see discussion on players,links than this overdone joke.

It's a real link, the one who keeps joking is you with the Watkins link.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan

lol So, I'm not alone in getting bored reading the same joke over and over again. Talk about rinsing a joke!