Author Topic: Alberto Moreno: Ghost in the Shell  (Read 444994 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Alberto Moreno: Ghost in the Shell
« Reply #4120 on: July 3, 2019, 03:16:22 pm »
I don't think that many would be really that sad he has gone, at the end of the day, he barely played, for a good reason. But there is nothing wrong with fans liking the guy and expressing that!  The two things don't have to be linked.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4121 on: July 3, 2019, 03:32:51 pm »
Attack? Deluded? Strong words. Go and have a chamomile tea and chill out cherub.

Anyone could see Moreno had a good relationship with the Brazilian players and was often seen smiling and laughing, and that's great for morale but you want a player who can do that but also be dependable and seriously challenge for a first team place. Otherwise what's the point?

He was never going to seriously challenge for Robertson's place because he wasn't good enough. I hope that we can bring in a LB who can push Robertson, and that's only going to improve Robbo even further and not weaken the team greatly when he is rested or injured because his replacement is at a similar level, if not someone who can be even better than him in the long-term.

Sorry for not being sad that a mediocre player (but nice chap) has left the club.

Moreno at the point when he lost his place was a good LB. Made mistakes from time to time, but all players do. The team was set up to leave him with a load of work to do on the left, because Klopp trusted him to do it. And for the amount of work that he covered, he did well enough for the team. There probably weren't that many LBs in Europe who could have done better. Unfortunately for him, and fortunately for us, one of them was Robertson, who took his chance when Moreno was out of the team.

Moreno, at the time, was good. Robertson is much, much better. You can praise the latter without having to do down the former.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4122 on: July 9, 2019, 06:13:42 pm »
Joined Villa Real.

Just put it up on his instagram account.

Offline redman64

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4123 on: July 9, 2019, 06:54:42 pm »
Bye bye Alby lad. Watch the door on your way out. The lack of grey matter between your ears was your downfall

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4124 on: July 9, 2019, 07:13:14 pm »
All the best Albie. We'll look back at you in a few years time and say 'he was ahead of the game with the arms behind the back thing with all these VAR penalties'.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4125 on: July 9, 2019, 07:20:19 pm »
Best of luck, kid. You had some good games, some bad games, were a bit mental, and took loads of stick (much of which was over the top, but hey fucking ho) from various corners, but at least you were never boring. Enjoy that there yellow submarine.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4126 on: July 9, 2019, 08:56:57 pm »
Good luck Albie, I'll miss your madness and your complete inability to take a legal throw in. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4127 on: July 10, 2019, 10:42:42 am »
I couldnt find his message so ill post here, nicely done. And again i loved how happy he was on june 1

Alberto Moreno’s farewell message in full
“Hi Reds

“Life goes in circles, and mine at my beloved Liverpool FC has drawn to an end. Upon reaching this point, I would like to thank the entire Liverpool family: my dear teammates, with whom I have shared five marvellous years and who I will forever think of as family, and, of course, the owners, directors, coaching staff, doctors, physios, kitmen, and each and every person at the club.

“Thank you for making me a better footballer and, above all, a better person; for helping me to fulfil one of my childhood dreams by winning the Champions League and, in doing so, to become a small part of the history of the his great club.

“My gratitude too to the city, which embraced me as one of its own from day one and which will live on in my memory whenever I look at my son, Alberto Jr., a Liverpudlian himself.

“Finally, a very special thank you to the club’s superb fans, who always supported me. I wish you all at Liverpool FC the greatest successes. Wherever life takes me from here, I will always carry you in my heart and forever be a fan.

“You’ll Never Walk Alone!!!!!

“Alberto Moreno
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4128 on: July 19, 2019, 09:10:07 am »
Never realised he had signed for someone. Just seen on his instagram he's gone to Villareal. Congratulations to him and i hope he does well there

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4129 on: July 19, 2019, 02:49:26 pm »
he will do good, i believe there will be another top team in for him in future.. good luck!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4130 on: July 19, 2019, 02:58:11 pm »
Good luck Albie.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4131 on: August 1, 2019, 12:39:08 pm »
Millie retweeting his Alberto Moreno 'Happy Yorkshire day' tweet today made me  :)

https://twitter.com/JamesMilner/status/1156890897625288710?s=20

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4132 on: October 4, 2019, 12:39:11 am »
Has anyone been following how Bertie has been getting on back in Spain?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4133 on: October 4, 2019, 12:57:33 am »
Has anyone been following how Bertie has been getting on back in Spain?

Going by Transfermarkt, he played a full game against Levante, then has been unavailable since with muscle injury.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4134 on: November 3, 2019, 01:12:00 pm »
Still a mad bastard https://streamable.com/8qclm

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4135 on: November 3, 2019, 03:09:09 pm »
the no look clearance

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #4136 on: November 4, 2019, 04:28:09 pm »
Still a mad bastard https://streamable.com/8qclm

Reminds of Stockholm cult club Hammarby back in the day. To be appreciated, any defender had to be able to do overhead clearances :lmao Good old days.
Linudden.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4137 on: September 9, 2020, 06:10:28 pm »
« Last Edit: September 9, 2020, 06:12:42 pm by Tepid T₂O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4138 on: September 9, 2020, 06:59:59 pm »
Poor Berto, get well soon !

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4139 on: September 10, 2020, 05:05:51 pm »
Get well soon Albie!
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4140 on: May 7, 2021, 12:07:38 pm »
Another European final for him.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4141 on: May 7, 2021, 01:31:30 pm »
Another European final for him.

Just hope he concentrates better than he did five years ago then. :)

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #4142 on: May 7, 2021, 01:38:52 pm »

Think he's more likely to repeat his performance from two years ago. ;)

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4143 on: May 8, 2021, 10:55:57 am »

I don't think they're stupid enough to actually start him. To think there were people defending him even after that final. Mind boggling.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4144 on: May 24, 2021, 08:22:18 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/24/villarreal-alberto-moreno-liverpool-europa-league-final-manchester-united

Villarreal’s Alberto Moreno: ‘I’ll go to my grave not understanding why I got all the blame’

As he prepares to take on Manchester United, the full-back recalls his last Europa League final as a Liverpool player in 2016

I've already told some of my teammates: ‘I hope we win just so you can feel how heavy it is; you’re going to go nuts, you won’t believe it,’” Alberto Moreno says, and then the footballer who says he competes with Santi Cazorla to see who laughs more, whose last text to goalscoring goalkeeper Alisson Becker ran “bro, miles better than Salah, Mané and Firmino”, and who vows to hide if Villarreal lose the final and David de Gea messages him, falls about again. “I reckon it weighs more than the European Cup. The European Cup is heavy, but the Uefa Cup? Woah. A seriously big chunk of steel.”

On Wednesday Villarreal face Manchester United in Gdansk. It is their first European final; it is Moreno’s fifth in seven years. It is his third in this competition alone, and with three different clubs. “I was at Sevilla and we reached a Europa League final, went to Liverpool and we reached a Europa League final, came to Villarreal and we reached a Europa League final. The next team I join, I’m putting that in the contract,” he says, grinning as he mimes signing a deal.

It may need a coach clause. Moreno’s Europa League story is a tale of three finals and one manager. Unai Emery, his coach now, was in charge when he won it with Sevilla in 2014. He was also the coach who defeated him when Liverpool lost in Basle. “Yeah, and he tells me that,” Moreno says. “He’ll say: ‘We [Sevilla] really stuck it to you.’ He enjoys explaining how they played [two full-backs] to block me and Coutinho. Then he’ll say: ‘Sorry Albi,’ but he does likes to remind me.”

Not that Moreno really needs it. Emery can laugh, and Moreno certainly can too. Laughter can often feel like his natural state, a smile the size of the screen. But that final hurt. “I still don’t understand the amount of criticism,” he admits. “On the first goal they nutmegged me, sure. But I’m a defender. Players get past Sergio Ramos, the best centre-back in the world. Why can’t it happen to me?

“To this day I don’t understand why I got so, so much criticism, when the whole team didn’t play well. The finger was pointed at one player and …” Moreno shrugs. “I don’t think that’s OK. People blame you. Only you. It was like I lost the final. It’s hard. You can’t get it out of your head. You look at the paper, at social media – I don’t usually pay much attention to social media because it’s all so false – and read things. ‘Alberto, Alberto, Alberto, Alberto.’ I’ll go to my grave not understanding why I got all the blame.

“And that’s the start of a year without playing.” Did you feel that Jürgen Klopp protected you? “My relationship with Klopp was perfect and, with Unai, he’s the best coach I’ve ever had. He knows how to squeeze the best out of you, what to say at any moment, how to get the group to go out and ‘eat’ the opposition. But protecting me would have meant keeping faith, giving me chances which didn’t happen. I don’t know if that was Klopp or the club.

“After the final against Sevilla, James Milner played left-back. If the coach puts a right-footed central midfielder there, then he doesn’t want me. But the following year pre-season started and he played me. I got back in the Spain squad after three years and just then, I injured my ankle. That was when Andy Robertson had his chance.” Moreno gestures to the ceiling. “He played at such a high level and that was it; I didn’t get any more chances.”

Moreno’s last game was the second Champions League final with Liverpool, marked by the death of José Antonio Reyes, killed in a car crash that morning. “You go down to breakfast and all you’re thinking about is the final, the final, the final. And then you see the news.” There’s a pause, and Moreno looks down. He rubs his head. “José Antonio was such a good friend. All I did that day was cry. I didn’t eat. I put the television on and it was all about Reyes. I was crying like a little boy.

“Klopp came to offer his condolences. He asked how I was, if I could cope, what I wanted to do. I told him I was sad, that we had been through a lot together, but I was ready. Although I didn’t play, all I wanted was to win to dedicate it to him. When we did, pfff, he was all I could think about. It was an emotional night, because of Reyes and because it was my last game – and what better way to say goodbye? I left feeling there were things I wish I could have done, that I still had more to give, but I wouldn’t change those five years at Liverpool for anything.”

Villarreal were waiting, first under Javi Calleja then with a familiar figure. “Time flies but Emery’s the same,” Moreno says. The videos are as long as ever, then? “Yep,” he replies, laughing “but it’s better that way. The players talk about it: ‘Pfff, another video.’ But you play well because you’ve spent an hour watching your opponents. Emery knows everything. By the time we’ve finished preparing, we’ll know how many kids Cavani and Pogba have got.

“The way the team’s playing is testimony to his work. And he’s also special because he gave me my debut and a run in the team when I was just a kid.”

Moreno, though, suffered a cruciate injury in September and did not make a league appearance until April. He has played 194 minutes, making only two starts. There have been three substitute appearances in Europe. “My knee’s still not 100%. I can do everything I want, but with certain movements you can feel it’s not completely right. With a long-term injury it’s more up here,” he says, tapping his head. He is thankful he is back for the end of the season.

It is some end, too. Especially for a former Liverpool player? “I spoke with Fabinho and he said: ‘Bro, on May 25 I’m a diehard Villarreal fan’,” Moreno says, giggling. But this is bigger than that. “For some teammates, it still hasn’t sunk in yet, how difficult it is to reach a European final. We can’t get this game out of our heads. We can’t wait. We always talk about enjoying the journey. We’ve made history already; if we win our names will be written into the books for ever. Beating United would round it all off.

“I’ve had a rough time the last six months but I’m getting minutes again, which is a huge reward … Having a Europa League final to look forward to still is…” Moreno blows out his cheeks. “Winning that would be incredible.

“Playing again, training with my teammates, even sitting on the bench after such a serious injury, able to experience another final, is amazing. For a year that started so badly to end like this makes it a great year.”
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #4145 on: May 25, 2021, 02:12:14 am »
Didnt know he had done his ACL, I guess there was some Liverpool defender jinx going on around Sep-Oct.

Anyway, doesnt look like he will be playing but hope he can pick up another EL trophy like he picked up the CL with us...do remember he was really bouncing around.

Was it also the season when he got injured in the CL group game when Klopp said it was the dark cloud or something of that night....though that opened the door for Andy and the rest is history!

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4146 on: May 25, 2021, 06:36:42 am »
Best of luck beating the manc twats Albie you mad grinning bastard! I still miss his all encompassing smile. 
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4147 on: May 25, 2021, 12:17:16 pm »
Good luck Albie against the Mancs and hope he’s recovered from his ACL. Great lad. Still get the chills though when I think of him at left back lol
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #4149 on: May 25, 2021, 12:34:23 pm »
Best of luck for tomorrow. Don't think he'll play but if he has to, fucking hell, I hope he plays better than he did in Basel  :-X
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4150 on: May 25, 2021, 09:39:25 pm »
Best of luck beating the manc twats Albie you mad grinning bastard! I still miss his all encompassing smile. 

Yes! Coming on to twat the Mancs would be lovely.

Nice words from Fabinho as well :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4151 on: May 26, 2021, 10:57:47 pm »
Well in Albie!
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4152 on: May 26, 2021, 10:58:22 pm »
Well taken penalty.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4153 on: May 26, 2021, 10:59:33 pm »
The second I saw him come up for a pen, I thought 'oh fuck off Moreno' ;D Took it well, pleased for him!

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #4154 on: May 26, 2021, 11:03:03 pm »
Happy for Albe, 3 European trophies with 3 different clubs. Winning it at Utds expense is even sweeter.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4155 on: May 26, 2021, 11:14:47 pm »
Really happy for him. Had comeback from a bad injury too. His penalty was on point too.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4156 on: May 26, 2021, 11:16:44 pm »
Well done Albie :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #4157 on: May 26, 2021, 11:17:49 pm »
Winner
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4158 on: May 26, 2021, 11:18:25 pm »
Happy for Albie well done.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4159 on: May 26, 2021, 11:21:54 pm »
Happy for Albie well done.  ;D

He looked pretty decent when he came on. Like he'd once met a great coach.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.