Author Topic: Virgin Media  (Read 127517 times)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Re: Virgin Media
« Reply #560 on: October 22, 2020, 11:14:54 pm »
I pay 30 quid a month for 100mb, and nothing else.

Seen some of you on deals I'd jump on, but they never make me any good offers.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #561 on: October 23, 2020, 06:07:20 am »
thats a good deal. Take it you are a new customer?

They got slated on Watchdog (One Show) lastnight. About time they got called out for shit deals for existing customers. I pay £94 a month and get:

200MB Fibre
All TV except Sky Sports / Movies
Free calls all the time - landline
2 V6 boxes and 1 TIVO box

Yeah I pay 75 and get 100mb, full TV bar the sports and films. Weekend calls and 2 V6 boxes. Thinking of cancelling, might get a better deal with retentions

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #562 on: October 23, 2020, 11:04:21 am »
Yeah I pay 75 and get 100mb, full TV bar the sports and films. Weekend calls and 2 V6 boxes. Thinking of cancelling, might get a better deal with retentions
you might get a few quid taken of the monthly bill. I always try and get the new customer offer and its never landed, normally get...'we can give you that for £120' or simliar.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Online Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #563 on: October 23, 2020, 11:55:53 am »
you might get a few quid taken of the monthly bill. I always try and get the new customer offer and its never landed, normally get...'we can give you that for £120' or simliar.

Yeah, and if you speak to retentions, you can also get an improved package at the same price.  I got faster broadband, more TV channels (including BT Sport) & more data on my SIM card.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #564 on: October 23, 2020, 12:12:49 pm »
just been looking at offers with Sky through work and saw a Virgin Media offer flash up. Appears I might be able to get the Ooompphhh package for £99 a month. Fingers crossed as I'll get 2.5 times the broadband speed and sports and movies in HD for £5 a month extra...
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #565 on: October 23, 2020, 12:20:32 pm »
Thing is with retentions, you have to be willing to actually leave. They get people "threatening" to leave all the time. When you ask for the PAC code or whatever it is these days is when their serious offers come out.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #566 on: October 23, 2020, 10:19:18 pm »
just been looking at offers with Sky through work and saw a Virgin Media offer flash up. Appears I might be able to get the Ooompphhh package for £99 a month. Fingers crossed as I'll get 2.5 times the broadband speed and sports and movies in HD for £5 a month extra...
Got the call a little earlier tonight and the ooommmppphh package and an extra V6 box for £104 a month. So for £10 on top of what I was paying I now get everything and 512mb..very pleased with that
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: November 13, 2020, 08:54:19 pm »
Trustpilot and other reviews for Virgin are shockingly bad, but on here most seem relatively satisfied.

I'm getting worried now, have an engineer coming in a few days.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: November 18, 2020, 08:54:31 pm »
I've never had issues ,though customer service is poor as with most providers.

I've renewed my contract for 18 months with a 'black friday deal', Maxit TV inc Sky Sports HD, BT Sports UHD, 300mb broadband for £72.
Fairly happy with that.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: November 21, 2020, 11:52:35 am »
Trustpilot and other reviews for Virgin are shockingly bad, but on here most seem relatively satisfied.

I'm getting worried now, have an engineer coming in a few days.
Don't worry, most review when they are pissed off whatever the product/service

Not had any issues whatsoever with mine, just the odd wi-fi drop out, solved with changing the position of the hub
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: November 21, 2020, 12:29:28 pm »
The WiFi from the hub is piss poor from everything I’ve read. I didn’t even give it the opportunity. Our house is over 3 floors so I put a mesh system in whilst the engineer was installing. It’s been flawless.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: November 30, 2020, 09:47:06 am »
Had the engineer over last week. This is the cabling outside. Does this look right to you?

Ignore the loose wiring, thats a different cable, but the engineer installed the white cable with the black duct. It has duct tape on there and I'm not sure how long that will last given its exposure to the elements. Should this be covered? If so, what can I do myself to protect the cable? Ideally proected and not visible to people.

What do Rawks technicians/engineers think?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: November 30, 2020, 12:13:47 pm »
Did he not put the omni box cover back on? Or have you removed it to take the photo?

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: November 30, 2020, 12:36:30 pm »
If he has left it like that you need to send those pictures to virgin and get them out to sort it out in a water proof box.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #574 on: November 30, 2020, 12:48:44 pm »
Can any other provider get close to the virgin speeds ?
If not they have you over a barrel
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: November 30, 2020, 05:38:03 pm »
Did he not put the omni box cover back on? Or have you removed it to take the photo?

If he has left it like that you need to send those pictures to virgin and get them out to sort it out in a water proof box.

No cover, thats just how he left it. I asked him at the time if that was ok, but he said its fine and the duct tape won't be affected by the weather (which is bollocks).

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: November 30, 2020, 10:07:10 pm »
Lazy fucker. They need to come back out.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: November 30, 2020, 11:58:09 pm »
Lazy fucker. They need to come back out.

They need to sack him.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: December 2, 2020, 10:16:12 pm »
Had the engineer over last week. This is the cabling outside. Does this look right to you?

Ignore the loose wiring, thats a different cable, but the engineer installed the white cable with the black duct. It has duct tape on there and I'm not sure how long that will last given its exposure to the elements. Should this be covered? If so, what can I do myself to protect the cable? Ideally proected and not visible to people.

What do Rawks technicians/engineers think?

The lazy bastard.

The company they use to do a lot of their work is fucking shite and they employ utter idiots.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: December 3, 2020, 01:49:12 pm »
The lazy bastard.

The company they use to do a lot of their work is fucking shite and they employ utter idiots.

As far as workmanship goes , that's about as bad as it gets !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: December 3, 2020, 01:57:22 pm »
Can any other provider get close to the virgin speeds ?
If not they have you over a barrel

I see Vodaphone are doing good deals with speeds up to 900MB ( £ 50.00/month ) depending where you live .

I've been with Virgin for years and to be fair they've not been bad , but I've got a TV box and home phone line I never use . Virgin are charging £ 44.00/month for 100MB deal , Vodaphone is £ 25.00/month . Looks like I'll be heading over to Vodaphone but will check them out first .

Vodaphone deals are here : https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/deals/superfast *** Go to postcode checker to see what deals are available
« Last Edit: December 3, 2020, 02:04:10 pm by Spongebob Redpants »
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: December 3, 2020, 04:40:53 pm »
The lazy bastard.

He seemed convinced it was ok and the cable won't be affected by the weather at all. 

Nonetheless I logged my complaint online but still haven't heard anything for 4 days. Their customer service seems to be utter dogshit. I might have to stick with Sky Broadband (still have their subscription for another 10 days) and cancel Virgin.

Is there anything I can do to protect the cabling in the meantime?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: December 26, 2020, 03:30:09 pm »
Is anyone having issues with Virgin? The telly is pixilating all the time and it's deffo not a telly issue, its the signal.
Been like it for two weeks.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: December 26, 2020, 08:06:03 pm »
Nope, likely to be an issue local to either you or your cab.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: December 26, 2020, 08:09:09 pm »
Is anyone having issues with Virgin? The telly is pixilating all the time and it's deffo not a telly issue, its the signal.

Not had that but have on and off issues with the virgin box loading properly. If I click on an app like Netflix sometimes it does the loading symbol but doesn't actually connect to anything and I have to switch the box off and on.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: December 26, 2020, 08:27:09 pm »

Did you buy a new electrical item 2wks ago ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: December 26, 2020, 09:24:40 pm »
Been having issues with my Net, been 3 days in a row now, started out a couple of times in the evening but its been about on and off tonight quite frequently, doesn't help that the router takes 6-7 mins to fully boot and get back back online.

Did a speedtest and i have 25 meg, i have the 200 meg deal and usually get around over 150-170 meg in the evenings.

I figured it was the Xmas hols and more people streaming, more so with social distancing and people staying home, but its been going on and off the last 2 hours which has been irritating, so checked the virgin media forums and saw a thread from august from someone who had an issue and some admin at the forum posted a link to check the status of the area you live in, signed in with my VM account to check my net status.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 09:30:14 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: December 26, 2020, 10:54:10 pm »

Did you buy a new electrical item 2wks ago ?
No, not at all.

At first I thought it was the back room telly, and then just live evets like footy etc, but it's happening in the front and back room irrespective of the channel. And its getting worse.
I'll be on the blower in the morning.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: December 27, 2020, 07:31:22 am »
Generally speaking I have to say since moving from Sky to Virgin when we moved house in November, Virgin’s customer services is absolutely abysmal.

We took out the ‘Ultimate Oomph’ bundle and after a few weeks the unlimited SIM hadn’t arrived. Spent an hour on the phone passed from pillar to post before eventually getting through to someone who could help. A few days after that our first bill generated which should have been £0 as our offer was free for 3 months, free install and free activation but the activation charge wasn’t credited off. Another hour on the phone, passed around again but all the people said nothing on my account says the activation fee was to be refunded (I’ve got it in an Email from the ‘new homes’ sales team). Nobody playing ball so had a lodge a formal complaint.

Their customer service wasn’t the best when I worked for them years ago but bloody hell it’s absolutely shocking now.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #589 on: January 4, 2021, 04:01:54 pm »
My monthly bill has crept up and is now £106 for the Full House sports bundle with 100mb internet (not that I ever get anywhere close to that speed). Last time I called up to see if they could offer me a better deal, the call centre guy had such an attitude and said I couldn’t leave without paying up the rest of the contract. They eventually offered a measly £10 credit per month, which I declined. 

Any suggestions?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: January 4, 2021, 05:02:17 pm »
Prices would have been clear at the beginning of the contract wouldn’t they?

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #591 on: January 4, 2021, 11:31:11 pm »
My monthly bill has crept up and is now £106 for the Full House sports bundle with 100mb internet (not that I ever get anywhere close to that speed). Last time I called up to see if they could offer me a better deal, the call centre guy had such an attitude and said I couldn’t leave without paying up the rest of the contract. They eventually offered a measly £10 credit per month, which I declined. 

Any suggestions?

Tell them you are leaving when your contract ends, get a termination date. Wait for retentions to call you and haggle for a better deal. I have done this three years running myself and the wife has done it for her parents the last two.

Be polite and calm.

Last time I was offered £52 quid final offer for basic tv and 100mb BB. I told them bye bye. 48 hrs later was quoted £31 and I upped my BB to 200mb for £36.

HTH
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: January 5, 2021, 08:57:45 am »
I’ve had it with these now. Spoke to them before Christmas telling them we are due to move house so can we switch our services over. They sent someone out to the new house and apparently they need to get a specific person out to set it up but he wasn’t available and they will ring us the day before he comes out. I still haven’t moved out as I am working from home but I’ve woke up today and the internet in this house has been turned off along with the telly. Spoke to them before and apparently “the system” thought we had moved out and the internet had been set up in the new house! Told them clearly not as we are waiting for them to send this specific person out! They said they are sorry and it can take up to 3 days to turn the internet back on here plus the internet at the new house has had to be cancelled to turn the internet back on here! What the fuck! So I’ll now have to go into the office in the city centre and put myself at risk on the train and town in general because of the fucking idiots.

Seriously considering fucking them off and going with Sky now. Are they shit aswell?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: January 5, 2021, 10:10:27 am »
I'm thinking about going with BT to be honest. I don't use the TV that much with virgin and it's the full house TV package. The router's they supply are shit, one V6 box is on the blink and never talks to the other box or the network. But mostly there upload speeds are shit. Plus another price hike on the horizon in march (as all isp's are doing) so I think I'll just bin them off..BT do a 900mb package with much better upload speeds and I don't think there supplied router's are quite as bad.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2021, 10:13:07 am by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: January 5, 2021, 10:32:16 am »
Seriously considering fucking them off and going with Sky now. Are they shit aswell?

Nope, I've just gone from Sky to Virgin and the difference is night and day. Ring Sky, you get through to the right person who will be in the UK and nailed on can resolve the issue. It seems impossible to ring Virgin and not get through to an offshore call centre with poorly trained staff with little product knowledge. They're the most frustrating company I've ever had to deal with.

Only switched because we moved to a new build house which is the middle of 3. Dish would have to be mounted on the rear of the property and because we're in the middle the cables would have to run through the house into walls because living room is at the front, whereas it was pre-wired for Virgin Media with a faceplate already in situ.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2021, 10:35:19 am by Graeme »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: January 5, 2021, 10:43:49 am »
Nope, I've just gone from Sky to Virgin and the difference is night and day. Ring Sky, you get through to the right person who will be in the UK and nailed on can resolve the issue. It seems impossible to ring Virgin and not get through to an offshore call centre with poorly trained staff with little product knowledge. They're the most frustrating company I've ever had to deal with.

Only switched because we moved to a new build house which is the middle of 3. Dish would have to be mounted on the rear of the property and because we're in the middle the cables would have to run through the house into walls because living room is at the front, whereas it was pre-wired for Virgin Media with a faceplate already in situ.

Thanks mate. I’ve had a look at their current broadband and tv deals and think I’ll be going with them later today. To be honest my internet with virgin has been a bit shit for months now, drop outs when I go upstairs and the like. Sorry to hear you couldn’t stick with Sky on your move mate.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: January 5, 2021, 11:44:07 am »
If I’d known just how bad they were, I’d have happily had holes put through new walls. If you know of any existing customers get them to refer you - think the current offering is £75 prepaid MasterCard for both of you if you sign up via their referral.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: January 6, 2021, 04:37:48 pm »
Managed to bin my TV and phone off, now just got 1 gig broadband (51up) for £48 which will do me. 18 month contract as opposed to 24, would of liked faster upload but should be sufficient. Just hoping the router isn't that bad, most of the important stuff will be plugged into the ethernet ports anyway.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2021, 04:41:59 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: January 7, 2021, 09:47:33 am »
Managed to bin my TV and phone off, now just got 1 gig broadband (51up) for £48 which will do me. 18 month contract as opposed to 24, would of liked faster upload but should be sufficient. Just hoping the router isn't that bad, most of the important stuff will be plugged into the ethernet ports anyway.

Did you have to phone them to sort that? I'm still in contract but the cheeky fuckers are charging me £42 for 350mb and the website is just fucking daft.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: January 7, 2021, 04:54:00 pm »
Did you have to phone them to sort that? I'm still in contract but the cheeky fuckers are charging me £42 for 350mb and the website is just fucking daft.

Yeah I phoned. Told them I was going to bt for the 900mb broadband as I didn't think they did 1gig round here. They offered me that and a quid cheaper.