Author Topic: FA Cup: Wolves 2 v Liverpool 1 Jimenez ‘37 Neves ‘55 Origi ‘50  (Read 50366 times)

Offline carraggeriise

• Legacy Fan
Re: FA Cup: Wolves 2 v Liverpool 1 Jimenez ‘37 Neves ‘55 Origi ‘50
« Reply #1040 on: January 8, 2019, 05:04:01 pm »
Jermaine Jenas is an utter dick. Not since the days of Andy Gray's co-commentary have I been so enraged. All I've wanted for years of watching televised football is to turn off the commentary and watch the game with crowd noise only.

I mute consistently

Last night I left it on thought ‘I’ll give the bbc a go’

Nope same level of sensationalism and bullshit. Jenas talking like we had our full team out one minute and the next ‘whys he left them out’ the next

Sound back off forever. I’ll go back and listen after during key moments of game but can’t handle 90 mins of idiocy
Instant Karmas gonna get you

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #1041 on: January 8, 2019, 05:05:42 pm »
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see someone a bit like Khoulibaly - probably not him as he's too pacy, but someone who has no obvious weaknesses and is absolutely physically dominant in at least one area. Also wouldn't be surprised if the dominant area was more aerial than in terms of pace, simply because if VVD is out then it'd be Lovren who'd take on that role, and I have a sneaking suspicion that he might ultimately be the one to make way if we do sign a CB.

I'd say Matip - but at his best I think he's a more skilful player than Lovren (with that height advantage), who offers more against weaker teams (when we might rotate through choice) and who's injury record perhaps makes him more likely to be happy with a squad role at a top club, rather than still only playing a limited number of games at a worse club because his body can't quite hold out anyway.

I don't understand that, hbhr - what do you mean by"too pacy"
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1042 on: January 8, 2019, 05:14:41 pm »

Hes too rapid, too fast, too quick.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1043 on: January 8, 2019, 05:14:58 pm »

I assumed ‘pricey’.....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: January 8, 2019, 05:25:50 pm »

A bit of an excess in old speed department.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: January 8, 2019, 05:46:14 pm »

but is he speedy?

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1046 on: January 8, 2019, 05:48:36 pm »
I agree that the League should always be the aim. I agree it's the biggest trophy. It's also the one I want most.

I'm not having that 19 trophies, including 5 Champions leagues, wouldn't be success though.
But isn't that the point? All those cups without the biggest trophy of them all?

If you ask him, I think Jurgen would probably end up agreeing that he would not be considered a success unless he won the league. He would consider it a failure - a glorious one of course, but I get the distinct impression that this is his view - he (as we all do) want them all at some stage, but you do not become manager of a club like Liverpool and get by winning knock out competitions. He knows this.

All a moot point though, as we'll win it - and the others multiple times  8) ;D

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: January 8, 2019, 06:10:34 pm »
But isn't that the point? All those cups without the biggest trophy of them all?

If you ask him, I think Jurgen would probably end up agreeing that he would not be considered a success unless he won the league. He would consider it a failure - a glorious one of course, but I get the distinct impression that this is his view - he (as we all do) want them all at some stage, but you do not become manager of a club like Liverpool and get by winning knock out competitions. He knows this.

Winning the league means that over 38 games, you were the best team in your country and that is the kind of bragging rights I want us to get back. Cups are the icing on the cake, but I want that cake again.

I love winning cups, but nothing beats winning the league. Of our 5 CL wins, I rank Istanbul as the lowest and certainly below the league wins I have witnessed. There were some great results on the way, but for other than 6 minutes, we were gash that night. Finishing 5th didn't make things any better. In early 05 I actually said on here that if all Rafa won us was the Champions League that would be enough, because that was how far behind we were. By the time he got stabbed in the back, it was obvious that if he had been backed he would have won the league.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2019, 06:12:43 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
« Reply #1048 on: January 8, 2019, 06:11:03 pm »

Jurgen's idea of success last night, was that he was able to give debuts to 3 youngsters, who weren't out their depth.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1049 on: January 8, 2019, 06:16:11 pm »

I've got to the stage where I'm seriously wondering if we ever win it.

Not sure of the age of those I'm disagreeing with today - but I remember winning it again and again and again and seeing LFC in all its glory.

Perhaps if they weren't even born when we last won it - then it 'doesn't matter as much' as us old fogies that thought the last win would only be delayed by a couple of seasons before we won it again..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: January 8, 2019, 06:17:56 pm »
Jurgen's idea of success last night, was that he was able to give debuts to 3 youngsters, who weren't out their depth.

Thought Jones was a little too hesitant at times, you could see what he wanted to do but he allowed himself to get boxed in at the corner a few too many times. Camacho seemed to be on the edge of the game for large periods, especially in the first half, where the ball would inevitably go left because Keita was there and Shaqiri was drifting central and so Camacho would be left on his own with the ball never arriving. But the real story is how sensational Hoewer was. So confident, so technically gifted, and so calm.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1051 on: January 8, 2019, 06:21:48 pm »
I liken this game to that scene in Poltergeist - as the bird is buried in an old cigar box and just as the final piece of dirt is placed on the box , Carol-Anne turns around, face beaming, and cries "can I get a league title now"

Get over it, she did.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1052 on: January 8, 2019, 06:24:19 pm »
I've got to the stage where I'm seriously wondering if we ever win it.

Not sure of the age of those I'm disagreeing with today - but I remember winning it again and again and again and seeing LFC in all its glory.

Perhaps if they weren't even born when we last won it - then it 'doesn't matter as much' as us old fogies that thought the last win would only be delayed by a couple of seasons before we won it again..

We have an excellent chance if we continue to play our part in it. Make Anfield a place teams fear to come to with the fans playing their part. Also, now that we actually have time to prepare this is where Klopp will come into his own. We have a real chance to turn the screw starting on Saturday, three points then most will have forgotten yesterday. We just have to believe, support the team and let the manager and players do the rest.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Cheesehead

• What the hell is Brett Favrrrvre doing here?
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1053 on: January 8, 2019, 07:01:39 pm »
And we should (probably helped with rested players) beat Brighton on Saturday to go back to 7 ahead. leaving City to play surprisingly Wolves on Monday needing to catch up. I'd be hoping to be 4 points clear at least with 16 to go

Then a weeks rest to Palace at home where all things considered we should win that. City play the day after us and still playing catch up. They simply cant afford to drop points, admittedly against Huddersfield. So I'd expect to be at least 4 points clear. 15 to go.

We have a 10 day break before our next game during which time City have 2 cup games against Burton and Burnley before they start in the league again against Newcastle away in an 8 oclock kick off. 3 games in 7 days. IF City win then its down to 1 point with us to play the following day.

Leicester home. Again, another one I see us winning. Back to 4 points and only 14 to go. Getting excited yet?

Next ones a tricky weekend for both. City at Arsenal first where I actually think they'll get beat or it'll be a high scoring draw. I think both attacks are good, and both defences are shite. Could go either way but I'm going for them to lose. We overpower West Ham the following day. 7 clear with 13 to go.

If we get to here with a 7 point lead then fuck me I think were nearly there. We have a 10 day rest again before Bayern with our next league game against the now attack minded mancs. Meanwhile city play Chelsea. big weekend that. Still top no matter what (IMO)

A dozen left...

Just enjoy it...

First Man City play arsenal at home. They’ll destroy arsenal.

I also think palace and Leicester will be much more difficult than your letting on.

Offline dramared

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1054 on: January 8, 2019, 07:02:26 pm »
61% possession to us
10 shots to us, 11 to them
2 on target to us, 3 to them
Shaqiri worldy off the post, Neves worldy just inside the post.
Their first goal from a mistake from Milner, and a bad decision from our DM playing CB, the kind of tackle he can risk more as a DM knowing there's cover behind him.
Our not-even-reserve team, with 2 teenagers in defence and little protection from midfield, against a very strong Wolves team with their best players playing. At their place. Where they've beaten top 6 sides at full strength.

On reflection, I think some people are definitely underestimating how well we played. Or at least how well we contained them.
I thought Wolves were poor. Never really troubled us other than a few of our errors. Everybody was bigging them up saying they were brilliant. They were much better when we beat them, much better.
When you are not playing well yourselves you cant give soft goals away.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: January 8, 2019, 07:02:37 pm »
How all of this is hard to see and understand and comprehend is beyond me, and I wanted US TO WIN TONIGHT REGARDLESS. But why is it so difficult to grasp the context of the situation?

Nice one mate, where I am too.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: January 8, 2019, 07:04:28 pm »
First Man City play arsenal at home. They’ll destroy arsenal.

I also think palace and Leicester will be much more difficult than your letting on.

Has anyone said welcome back yet? If not, welcome back again :wave

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: January 8, 2019, 07:05:39 pm »

Which one is it?  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: January 8, 2019, 07:10:27 pm »
Nice one mate, where I am too.

Cheers mate

Hopefully we bounce back this Saturday

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1059 on: January 8, 2019, 07:11:13 pm »
Listen it would have been great to have had a cup run it’s feels like ages. The team was a bunch of random players but gave a taste to a few youngster all of who did well considering these are premier league players and a very good technical and physical side in Wolves. Curtis Jones was playing in a weird position but he is very talent could be as good as Foden maybe even better. Would play him ahead of certain players instead of forcing the Gini Milner Hendo. Has to have both Fabinho and Keita in midfield from now until the end of the season. Shaqiri has to play a lot more. Want to see way less of Milner and Lallana(unless he gets his agility back).

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: January 8, 2019, 07:13:03 pm »
Listen it would have been great to have had a cup run it’s feels like ages. The team was a bunch of random players but gave a taste to a few youngster all of who did well considering these are premier league players and a very good technical and physical side in Wolves. Curtis Jones was playing in a weird position but he is very talent could be as good as Foden maybe even better. Would play him ahead of certain players instead of forcing the Gini Milner Hendo. Has to have both Fabinho and Keita in midfield from now until the end of the season. Shaqiri has to play a lot more. Want to see way less of Milner and Lallana(unless he gets his agility back).

Started off well, but then got progressively worse leading to a bizarre crescendo of oddness four sentences from the end.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: January 8, 2019, 07:15:55 pm »
Started off well, but then got progressively worse leading to a bizarre crescendo of oddness four sentences from the end.

*watches last night* hmm, look at this teenager not having a great game... we need to see less of Lallana

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #1062 on: January 8, 2019, 07:22:02 pm »

???

Where am I supposed to have been? Is this like an inside joke? Have I been fished?

Offline Cheesehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #1063 on: January 8, 2019, 07:23:00 pm »
*watches last night* hmm, look at this teenager not having a great game... we need to see less of Lallana

To be fair we don’t have a choice but to not see much of lallana as he’s always injured.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: January 8, 2019, 07:27:18 pm »

We had a cup run last year all the way to Kiev.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1065 on: January 8, 2019, 07:29:02 pm »
???

Where am I supposed to have been? Is this like an inside joke? Have I been fished?

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: January 8, 2019, 07:31:22 pm »
???

I wasn't fishing but you do jump into an unattended net every time mate, it's great ;D

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #1068 on: January 8, 2019, 07:32:28 pm »

We need to see less of his knees through those ripped jeans
« Last Edit: January 8, 2019, 07:34:49 pm by gregorio »
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: January 8, 2019, 07:32:44 pm »
To be fair we don’t have a choice but to not see much of lallana as he’s always injured.

That's why it's so dumb. He wants less than that.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: January 8, 2019, 07:32:45 pm »
Beat Brighton and this game will never be discussed again.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarαs Solo.
« Reply #1071 on: January 8, 2019, 07:41:53 pm »
The way he worded it sounded like maybe Virg would have started....?

Ah, that would probably make more sense, yes!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: January 8, 2019, 07:52:15 pm »
The meltdown over this match reminds me so much of when we lost to Burnley in 2005. Look what we achieved later on that season!

Good article from Tomkins here:
https://tomkinstimes.com/2019/01/domestic-cups-mean-nothing-in-terms-of-winning-the-big-trophies/

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: January 8, 2019, 08:02:20 pm »
Can someone summarise the 27 pages please? Cant sift through it all. I’m sure theres plenty of optimism, still.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: January 8, 2019, 08:03:43 pm »
Can someone summarise the 27 pages please? Cant sift through it all. I’m sure theres plenty of optimism, still.

Hoever good
Fabinho good
FA Cup good, sometimes shit

So.....

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: January 8, 2019, 08:13:17 pm »
Beat Brighton and this game will never be discussed again.
I'm actually not that fussed we went out.

But (don't shoot me) I feel our aura is a bit on the edge now: when Arsenal went 1 up I was so relaxed knowing we would come back.

I feel we need one of two things from Brighton to recover it: either an absolute mailing north of 5-0, or a 1-0 at the 95th minute. And I actually think the second thing would go farther towards getting the aura back.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: January 8, 2019, 08:16:15 pm »
Hoever good
Fabinho good
FA Cup good, sometimes shit

So.....

Mignolet and Moreno are still shit, we don't cups seriously, I never noticed how handsome Neves was before yesterday and this loss could have serious ramifications for the rest of the season, so....

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: January 8, 2019, 08:18:10 pm »
Mignolet and Moreno are still shit, we don't cups seriously, I never noticed how handsome Neves was before yesterday and this loss could have serious ramifications for the rest of the season, so....

Morenos kicked a ball over a stand, what have you done?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: January 8, 2019, 08:36:20 pm »
I never noticed how handsome Neves was before yesterday
He's certainly no Alisson. That man is simply ravishing.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: January 8, 2019, 08:46:31 pm »
He's certainly no Alisson. That man is simply ravishing.

See, I do agree with that, athough there's no shame in coming second (ooo-err) to Alisson.