Author Topic: Joe Rogan Experience  (Read 19325 times)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Re: Joe Rogan Experience
« Reply #280 on: February 17, 2023, 12:07:25 pm »
I had a(n American) guy in my gaming group say the other day “never trust the msm” (alarm bells start to ring) I get my news from Patrick Lancaster on YouTube. I had to google him and discovered that he was ex-US forces but pretty obviously a shill for Putin. I’d say, and did to my “friend”, that I would actually consider Lancaster a traitor. I posted a few links (avoiding the “msm”) but apparently you can’t even trust Wikipedia.

This is a good example. I’d guess you try to avoid those subjects now rather than getting into an argument on the topic given that it would seem obvious he won’t budge from that position. In some ways you could label him a gobshite but I’d imagine you still think he’s fine to remain part of your gaming group. That’s all a guess, I could be wrong and you may have kicked him out, rowed about i non-stop or found yourself a different group, but I’d hazard a guess not.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2023, 12:27:07 pm »
This is a good example. I’d guess you try to avoid those subjects now rather than getting into an argument on the topic given that it would seem obvious he won’t budge from that position. In some ways you could label him a gobshite but I’d imagine you still think he’s fine to remain part of your gaming group. That’s all a guess, I could be wrong and you may have kicked him out, rowed about i non-stop or found yourself a different group, but I’d hazard a guess not.

Yep, well put. The group is pretty varied, by age & race, though not gender, from lots of countries. There’s an unwritten rule to not talk politics but sometimes things just go that way. I don’t really like the guy anyway (for gaming reasons-he’s whiny & selfish) but I like the other guys & they invited him. It’s getting to the stage where I will mute him in chat, and if he notices I don’t care. He’s just an example of someone who has sought news or information that agrees with his settled world view. We probably all do that.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2023, 01:06:24 pm »
I have only ever heard his podcast once and it was about trans people in sport, He was pretty spot on with that.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2023, 01:27:05 pm »
I have only ever heard his podcast once and it was about trans people in sport, He was pretty spot on with that.

Spot on, as in he's got a totally different opinion about trans people participating in MMA even though that's also a sport.

His opinions have been shot down by other peoples facts on so many times it's beyond funny.

If he was a sports journalist reporting about Liverpool you'd have stopped listening to him ages ago due to him being wrong so many times.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: February 17, 2023, 01:29:17 pm »
Spot on, as in he's got a totally different opinion about trans people participating in MMA even though that's also a sport.

His opinions have been shot down by other peoples facts on so many times it's beyond funny.

If he was a sports journalist reporting about Liverpool you'd have stopped listening to him ages ago due to him being wrong so many times.

He said it's not fair for a man who then decides to be a woman to take part against other women etc. Course that shouldn't be allowed.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #285 on: February 17, 2023, 01:31:19 pm »
He said it's not fair for a man who then decides to be a woman to take part against other women etc. Course that shouldn't be allowed.

But MMA has weight classes no? So it wouldn't be a 250lb man fighting a 150lb woman?

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: February 17, 2023, 01:35:57 pm »
But MMA has weight classes no? So it wouldn't be a 250lb man fighting a 150lb woman?

No idea, never watched it.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: February 17, 2023, 01:38:19 pm »
No idea, never watched it.

Ok, but it does.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: February 17, 2023, 01:40:11 pm »

But then he said:

Joe Rogan has cleared up his comments on transgender MMA fighters by stating he is "fine" with it as long as their opponents know what they signed up for.

Rogan was criticised for comments he made about transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin after she won her professional MMA debut last September.

On another subject here he is having his arse handed to him because he didn't do his research. It's only an excerpt. If you watch the whole thing he gets shredded.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_31l9XIzswI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_31l9XIzswI</a>
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: February 17, 2023, 02:12:44 pm »

I was under the impression that the differences between a trans fighter and a female fighter were not purely down to weight but elements such as lean body mass, strength, enduranxe, bone density, hand grip arranged, hand size, skeletal structure, muscle makeup all to varying degrees, so weight divisions wouldn’t account for all differences.

Happy to be corrected on this, as I’m by no means an expert, or have much interest in MMA, but the topic is interesting due to its prevalence in modern life, so I’ve done some reading and listening on the subject.

But then he said:

On another subject here he is having his arse handed to him because he didn't do his research. It's only an excerpt. If you watch the whole thing he gets shredded.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_31l9XIzswI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_31l9XIzswI</a>

He’s such a tool at times. I really wish he’d refrain from adding his opinions and views on subjects as when I listen, I’m there for the guest.

Also, got to love the genre of YouTube video with capital letters for words like SCHOOLED, ROASTED, OWNED etc.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 02:15:22 pm by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: February 17, 2023, 02:17:31 pm »
I was under the impression that the differences between a trans fighter and a female fighter were not purely down to weight but elements such as lean body mass, strength, enduranxe, bone density, hand grip arranged, hand size, skeletal structure, muscle makeup all to varying degrees, so weight divisions wouldn’t account for all differences.

Happy to be corrected on this, as I’m by no means an expert, or have much interest in MMA, but the topic is interesting due to its prevalence in modern life, so I’ve done some reading and listening on the subject.

I honestly have no idea, but I would assume the weight classes would mitigate some of that.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: February 17, 2023, 02:48:47 pm »
I honestly have no idea, but I would assume the weight classes would mitigate some of that.

Yeah, I think it would, but I think, and I stress I don’t know the full science, but I think, there are certain irreversible advantages that remain. From what I’ve heard or read, interestingly, I believe such differences are present at a lower level even prior to puberty.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: February 17, 2023, 05:21:33 pm »
Yeah, I think it would, but I think, and I stress I don’t know the full science, but I think, there are certain irreversible advantages that remain. From what I’ve heard or read, interestingly, I believe such differences are present at a lower level even prior to puberty.

Most of the UFC females will have likely taken enough drugs to negate any biological differences to be fair ;D
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #293 on: February 17, 2023, 05:31:52 pm »
I had a(n American) guy in my gaming group say the other day “never trust the msm” (alarm bells start to ring) I get my news from Patrick Lancaster on YouTube. I had to google him and discovered that he was ex-US forces but pretty obviously a shill for Putin. I’d say, and did to my “friend”, that I would actually consider Lancaster a traitor. I posted a few links (avoiding the “msm”) but apparently you can’t even trust Wikipedia.

It's a tough one, because many of us have said the exact same - although about a section of the media.

The Heil, Express, Torygrpah, Times and shitrag lie, misrepresent, whip-up hate as a matter of course.

I know the underpinning reasons why arseholes like your gamer friend and the army of far-right scumbags they follow want to portray all the MSM as untrustworthy are way different to ours, but it sure makes it difficult to argue against, when we know a portion of the MSM are just right-wing propaganda pieces.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: February 17, 2023, 06:28:27 pm »

This is a complex issue and sports authorities have tried to make things "fair" but failed to answer simple questions in a consistent manner.

For example: What about intersex people? or women that have naturally high testosterone? how do you determine who is a man or a woman? do you do genital inspections? do you go with the gender assigned at birth?

Caster Semenya is a perfect example of how messy this can be. Its a more complicated than man who decides to be a woman and playing in woman's sports. There are even studies that after a certain time of Hormone Therapy Trans athletes lose any edge.

This is a prime example of why having dumb dumb like Joe shaping opinions is a bad idea.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #295 on: February 17, 2023, 07:12:04 pm »
"Shaping opinions"?

This sounds very close to wanting to reduce free speech.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: February 17, 2023, 07:16:10 pm »
"Shaping opinions"?

This sounds very close to wanting to reduce free speech.

Why? I never said that I want the government to ban him or anything like that.

I just want people to think critically about things said on his show and things he says himself. Because Joe Rogan is pretty terrible at fact-checking or doing deep research into topics he talks about.  Don't get your opinons from this moron.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #297 on: February 17, 2023, 07:19:52 pm »
Why? I never said that I want the government to ban him or anything like that.

I just want people to think critically about things said on his show and things he says himself. Because Joe Rogan is pretty terrible at fact-checking or doing deep research into topics he talks about.  Don't get your opinons from this moron.

You could say that about a lot of people. Generally I think people should think critically about what any person says.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: February 17, 2023, 07:47:19 pm »
You could say that about a lot of people. Generally I think people should think critically about what any person says.

100%. In his case though, because of his reach and the amount of content he puts out, it is particularly relevant.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #299 on: February 17, 2023, 09:58:17 pm »

It's a tough one, because many of us have said the exact same - although about a section of the media.

The Heil, Express, Torygrpah, Times and shitrag lie, misrepresent, whip-up hate as a matter of course.

I know the underpinning reasons why arseholes like your gamer friend and the army of far-right scumbags they follow want to portray all the MSM as untrustworthy are way different to ours, but it sure makes it difficult to argue against, when we know a portion of the MSM are just right-wing propaganda pieces.

Yep. In the states, of course, the respected newspapers & outlets are seen as liberal bastions, whereas here they’ve been bought by self-serving right-wing tax dodgers. Very odd to be honest.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.