Author Topic: Joe Rogan Experience  (Read 19326 times)

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
Re: Joe Rogan Experience
« Reply #160 on: February 1, 2022, 02:47:42 pm »
Isn't this just the modern version of book burning?
Football is a lie

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: February 1, 2022, 02:49:45 pm »

No one is burning Joe Rogan.  ;D

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: February 1, 2022, 02:56:46 pm »
"He's a witch!" Burn him 🤣

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #163 on: February 1, 2022, 03:00:11 pm »

No. He's stimulated a debate.

Science v Speculation.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: February 1, 2022, 03:09:01 pm »

Science v Speculation.

And no matter what happens he will always have a huge audience and tonnes of money. He isn't going to be "cancelled". An apology, some fact-checking and talking less shite out of his ass would go a long way. He has sort of hinted he will do this.

People just want a mega corporation to take some responsibility for what its highest paid employee puts out.

If Apple music paid Alex Jones 100million dollars to do podcasts exclusively for them, I am sure they would see similar backlash.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #165 on: February 1, 2022, 03:22:01 pm »
And no matter what happens he will always have a huge audience and tonnes of money. He isn't going to be "cancelled". An apology, some fact-checking and talking less shite out of his ass would go a long way. He has sort of hinted he will do this.

People just want a mega corporation to take some responsibility for what its highest paid employee puts out.

If Apple music paid Alex Jones 100million dollars to do podcasts exclusively for them, I am sure they would see similar backlash.

I agree with you!

Iwas trying to answer the claim that this is the modern equivalent of book burning.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: February 1, 2022, 03:33:08 pm »

Science v Speculation.

He stimulated a debate? Is that bad now?
Football is a lie

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #167 on: February 1, 2022, 03:39:31 pm »
No one is burning Joe Rogan.  ;D
I'd say he's difficult to burn. Lot of muscle, not much fat, as far as I can see.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try, though. Just that the results might be disappointing.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #168 on: February 1, 2022, 03:45:26 pm »

It depends. Did he actually stimulate a debate? Who did he have on alongside Dr Robert Malone - a whackjob who talks about "mass formation psychosis" and compares vaccination to nazi Germany? When he promoted Ivermectin for COVID where was the balancing voice pointing out Ivermectin is of no use and has serious side effects. Rogan used the standard bullshit excuse of all conspiracy theorists of “I don’t know if this guy is right or wrong. I’m just asking questions..."

I believe he's also gioven a platform to Peter McCullough, another anti-vaxxer whgo claimed the virus was experimental and the pandemic was planned. Here's a report on the McCullough interview on Rogan:

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/joe-rogan-interview-with-peter-mccullough-contains-multiple-false-and-unsubstantiated-claims-about-the-covid-19-pandemic-and-vaccines/

No 'debate'. He's just spreading bullshit and lies.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 1, 2022, 03:50:39 pm »

It's the modern version of holding people to account for spreading lies. In terms of freedom of speech, Rogan is an example of 'crying fire in a crowded theatre' in that his lies could lead directly to unnecessary deaths if people believe his shite. Anti-vax is not a harmless conspiracy theory like believing in a flat earth. Anti-vax and covid denial kills people. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 1, 2022, 03:50:58 pm »
Joe Rogan: hamburgers are good but I am trying to eat less pork

Guest: hamburgers are made with beef

Joe Rogan: ham is from pork it says ham in hamburger

Guest: it is beef

Joe Rogan: that's not what I've heard Jamie look that up

Jamie: it beef

Guest: it beef

Joe: ok but can we really trust hamburger makers and butchers and grocery stores when the word ham is in hamburger and ham means pork

Joe Rogan Fans: this is why I like him he is good at thinking
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 1, 2022, 03:55:11 pm »
Joe Rogan: hamburgers are good but I am trying to eat less pork

Guest: hamburgers are made with beef

Joe Rogan: ham is from pork it says ham in hamburger

Guest: it is beef

Joe Rogan: that's not what I've heard Jamie look that up

Jamie: it beef

Guest: it beef

Joe: ok but can we really trust hamburger makers and butchers and grocery stores when the word ham is in hamburger and ham means pork

Joe Rogan Fans: this is why I like him he is good at thinking

That's a spoof by the comedian Tim Ross based on Rogan's inability to take in new information that contradicts his preconceived ideas.

From Snopes:

This is not a genuine exchange featured on the Joe Rogan Experience. This piece of text is a humorous work of fiction from comedian Tim Ross that was poking fun of a genuine conversation that took place during a recent episode.

On Jan. 12, 2022, a few days after 270 doctors, physicians, and science educators signed an open letter calling on Spotify to stop the spread of misinformation on Rogan’s podcast, Rogan sat down with ABC radio Sydney host Josh Szeps.

During the interview, Rogan incorrectly stated that people who receive the COVID-19 vaccine were at a higher risk of myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle, than people who contract the disease. When Szeps corrected Rogan and presented a study showing that the risk of myocarditis was actually higher for people who had contracted COVID-19, Rogan was taken aback, saying, “that’s not what I’ve read.”

The exchange went viral as many people appeared to enjoy seeing Rogan get fact-checked live on air, while some noted that the podcast host had a difficult time accepting new information that countered his preconceived beliefs.

Though it's a call-back to an earlier exchange on here. Rogan did claim that the vaccine caused myocarditis.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2022, 03:57:23 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #172 on: February 1, 2022, 03:57:58 pm »
It's a Quality issue. 

We can discuss the merits of blood letting through leeching against modern blood analysis ect, most people would regard it as pointless (although I am sure someone will want to take the blood letting side).

I watched a few episodes of the Rogan podcast on youtube and my first take on it was how it was a sermon for the guest. Rogan has no interest in conversation really.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 1, 2022, 06:41:14 pm »
It's the modern version of holding people to account for spreading lies. In terms of freedom of speech, Rogan is an example of 'crying fire in a crowded theatre' in that his lies could lead directly to unnecessary deaths if people believe his shite. Anti-vax is not a harmless conspiracy theory like believing in a flat earth. Anti-vax and covid denial kills people. 
See, this is an attitude I find interesting. Spotify also hosts a lot of music which glorifies violence, rape and misogyny. Should they be held responsible for the effects of that too, considering we're talking about something which in both cases is completely unquantifiable? If the answer is no, what's the difference? it's not like there are no real-life effects of rape culture.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 1, 2022, 07:11:14 pm »
See, this is an attitude I find interesting. Spotify also hosts a lot of music which glorifies violence, rape and misogyny. Should they be held responsible for the effects of that too, considering we're talking about something which in both cases is completely unquantifiable? If the answer is no, what's the difference? it's not like there are no real-life effects of rape culture.

Spotify has pretty much most music that's available under the sun on the platform. There are conspiracy podcasts that are worse than JRE also on Spotify.

However, none of those podcasts or musicians are getting paid Joe Rogan money by Spotify. None of them have the same reach as him. He is also the flagship that Spotify has tied its brand to.

With music, they do have a label for explicit lyrics (I don't know how effective that is). Also, it's debatable if listening to music glorifying violence makes people violent. I listen to gangsta rap, I have not killed anyone yet.

We have seen though that spreading misinformation regarding things like vaccines, does absolutely cost lives.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 1, 2022, 08:10:11 pm »
I tend to agree that there could be more balance on his podcast but at the end of the day it's his podcast which happens to be an entertainment podcast where he talks to all sorts of people. It's not a news channel or a peer reviewed scientific paper. It's an entertainment podcast. And let's not try to pretend news channels and msm don't spread the odd misinformation as well from time to time. Or even today misinformation becomes tomorrow's accepted fact.

IMO assuming everything you hear from official channels is 100% true is as dangerous as believing everything you hear on Rogan is 100% true. Each person sifts trough the information with the thing between their ears. I would like the freedom to be able to do that rather than have some independent fact checker decide what I can or cannot listen to. I think censorship is much more dangerous than anything accused of Rogan podcast.

What do we want in our media? Chinese style censorship or western freedom warts and all?
Football is a lie

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 1, 2022, 08:27:07 pm »
I tend to agree that there could be more balance on his podcast but at the end of the day it's his podcast which happens to be an entertainment podcast where he talks to all sorts of people. It's not a news channel or a peer reviewed scientific paper. It's an entertainment podcast. And let's not try to pretend news channels and msm don't spread the odd misinformation as well from time to time. Or even today misinformation becomes tomorrow's accepted fact.

IMO assuming everything you hear from official channels is 100% true is as dangerous as believing everything you hear on Rogan is 100% true. Each person sifts trough the information with the thing between their ears. I would like the freedom to be able to do that rather than have some independent fact checker decide what I can or cannot listen to. I think censorship is much more dangerous than anything accused of Rogan podcast.

What do we want in our media? Chinese style censorship or western freedom warts and all?

No one is censoring him. People who are complaining and want to boycott Spotify also have a right to free speech. 

There is also a difference between getting an odd story wrong and getting the same story wrong for two years.

Being an entertainment show is fine and good but when you talk about issues that are affecting real lives he has the responsibility to educate himself. He can keep talking the same stuff, but then you can't act surprised when people are pissed off at him.

Its up to him, what he wants his show to be? Who he wants to appeal to? What standards he want to hold his show up to? He doesn't have a god-given right to people's unquestionable support and thier money.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #177 on: February 2, 2022, 01:02:42 am »
As I said earlier in this thread, I’m a fan of the podcast. Long form conversations with interesting people, and a host that keeps the conversations flowing naturally. That’s all it comes down to for me.

However, it’s becoming harder and harder to listen to. Firstly, Rogan is obsessed with Covid. There are fans of his I’ve spoken with online, some of which take the pandemic seriously and some of which don’t. Some who believe in vaccines and some who don’t. Everyone is united in having had enough of the Covid discussion though. It’s all he talks about. Go and check out the recent episode with Valentine Thomas if you don’t believe me. Watch how quickly he turns the conversation onto vaccines when there is literally no need to do so. I’m talking seconds into the podcast.

Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, his attitude has changed. He is notably more narrow minded now than he was a couple of years ago. Part of the charm used to be that he admitted to being a fool and would therefore listen intently to anything his guests said. He would have Bernie Sanders on to talk about Universal Basic Income and then he’d have a guy from Blink 182 on talking about UFO’s. No subject was considered too high or low brow, he just listened to what the guests said and treated them with respect. That doesn’t happen anymore. In fact it’s the opposite. He has his own set of viewpoints and he spends the podcast redirecting to them whenever possible.

100% agree with everything you posted there.

I have the exact same sentiments towards his podcast of late.

Doesn't matter who he has on, or their field of expertise - all he wants to do is steer the conversation towards Covid.

In years gone by, what made his podcast so popular was that he would let his guests steer the conversations - whilst the audience and Rogan would listen and take in the information.

Now it's completely the other way around - the guest & the audience have to listen to Rogan controlling the conversation & narrative of the podcast.

Remember the last time Neil Degrasse Tyson was on his podcast - and everyone was pissed off that Neil kept interrupting Rogan & talking over him and dismissing a lot of what he said?

That's exactly what Rogan himself has become now.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2022, 01:05:49 am by Roopy »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 2, 2022, 08:03:27 am »
Fuck me - I just watched his interview with Bob Lazar the well-known fantasist and UFO conspiracy theorist. I am now at least 5% stupider than when I started.

Rogan is a slack-jawed nincompoop who listens unquestioningly to Lazar's obvious lunacy with a serious face as if it's all real. No push back, no balance from anyone with a basic level of scientific knowledge.

The YouTube comments are amazing: "Joe really doesn;t get enough credit for being a well versed and knowledgable person. To be able to sit and fully engage with someone this intelligent (Lazar) and keep him talking is golden." Seems the people who watch the show are as stupid as Joe Rogan himself.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 2, 2022, 08:46:08 am »
I watched one yesterday out of curiosity with that Milo right wing weirdo and it was a car crash. Nearly threw my phone on the sea.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #180 on: February 2, 2022, 09:02:20 am »
I watched one yesterday out of curiosity with that Milo right wing weirdo and it was a car crash. Nearly threw my phone on the sea.

I remember the first time I ever saw that guy, can't remember what he was being interviewed on but I assumed he was some parody character a comedian was playing. Blew my mind to find out he's real (or at least presents his public persona as the real him).

There is a chance of course, that a lot of these chancers know they spout utter tosh but make such a comfy living from grifting their rubes that they might as well live the character.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: February 2, 2022, 10:02:55 am »
Can't believe the prick from Fear Factor has that big of an audience in the first place.

No issue with people investigating the science behind the science, but when you do it from a place of ignorance and bias then your results should be laughed away.  Much like this buffoon and his collection of guests.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #182 on: February 2, 2022, 10:21:15 am »
Fuck me - I just watched his interview with Bob Lazar the well-known fantasist and UFO conspiracy theorist. I am now at least 5% stupider than when I started.

Rogan is a slack-jawed nincompoop who listens unquestioningly to Lazar's obvious lunacy with a serious face as if it's all real. No push back, no balance from anyone with a basic level of scientific knowledge.

The YouTube comments are amazing: "Joe really doesn;t get enough credit for being a well versed and knowledgable person. To be able to sit and fully engage with someone this intelligent (Lazar) and keep him talking is golden." Seems the people who watch the show are as stupid as Joe Rogan himself.
Exactly Alan. It's a sermon, not a discussion. People like Peterson must love it, free to pander their shit.

I wonder if the decent people he has had on will start to deny him interviews.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: February 2, 2022, 02:15:11 pm »

Book burning is still going on, has been in the news all week as some states of the US try to ban various works of literature.

Joe Rogan is just a massive fucking c*nt. He's not an equivalent of book burning, he's just being called out for being a twat.

Quite different.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: February 2, 2022, 03:02:38 pm »
Big outcry over here on what Whoopi said about the holocaust
Brain dead is one word to describe her views

Most of these shows should be put to pasture to be honest

Apologies for the hijack

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: February 2, 2022, 03:23:35 pm »
You don't like him? Don't listen to him. No need to attack him or his listeners. Some of the posts on here are mind boggling.
And anyway, if you want to get your medical information from any sort of entertainment (not just his podcast), then honestly who cares? Do any of you personally know anyone that hasn't taken the vaccine because of Joe fucking Rogan? fucking hell

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: February 2, 2022, 03:30:58 pm »
Exactly Alan. It's a sermon, not a discussion. People like Peterson must love it, free to pander their shit.

I wonder if the decent people he has had on will start to deny him interviews.

Cara Santa Maria (Skeptics Guide to the Universe and Talk Nerdy) said she won't go on his show anymore because he's spouting bullshit and cconspoiracy theories.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #187 on: February 2, 2022, 04:22:43 pm »
You don't like him? Don't listen to him. No need to attack him or his listeners. Some of the posts on here are mind boggling.
And anyway, if you want to get your medical information from any sort of entertainment (not just his podcast), then honestly who cares? Do any of you personally know anyone that hasn't taken the vaccine because of Joe fucking Rogan? fucking hell
What a load of...

People pay trillions every year for advertising. No you think that doesn't work? Do you think the science behind suggestion and advertising doesn't work?

Personally I really dislike podcasts for serious discussion, as people DO NOT pay enough attention to them when they are jogging, driving or working. Doesn't mean all are bad, just not used correctly. Reading and direct discussion are irreplaceable.
Podcasts can be like sitting in pub listening to some lads having a chat and believing you are getting something out of it.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 3, 2022, 08:30:21 am »

You would have thought that but apparently those who don't listen to him or don't like him and/or some of his guests are so offended by what he or his guests say they want to make sure everyone else can't listen to him too to protect stupid people from his or his dangerous misinformation.

I love other people telling me what I can and can't do for the greater good. Isn't that what all free democracies are based on.

#burnthebooks
#cancelnonapprovedthoughts

To be clear this inst about Rogan this is about censorship of non approved ideas and thoughts. Weve started down the slippery slope of cancel culture already, if you think this slippery slope doesn't lead to CCP style total censorship of information I'm not sure what yous are hoping for.
Football is a lie

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: February 3, 2022, 09:22:26 am »
I have nearly got a full house

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 3, 2022, 09:59:38 am »
I wouldn't mind but the right wing are some of the most sensitive, moaning bastards I've ever came across.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: February 3, 2022, 10:46:57 am »
I have nearly got a full house

It's missing "triggered" and "snowflake"

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #192 on: February 3, 2022, 12:12:04 pm »
You would have thought that but apparently those who don't listen to him or don't like him and/or some of his guests are so offended by what he or his guests say they want to make sure everyone else can't listen to him too to protect stupid people from his or his dangerous misinformation.

I love other people telling me what I can and can't do for the greater good. Isn't that what all free democracies are based on.

#burnthebooks

To be clear this inst about Rogan this is about censorship of non approved ideas and thoughts. Weve started down the slippery slope of cancel culture already, if you think this slippery slope doesn't lead to CCP style total censorship of information I'm not sure what yous are hoping for.

What’s wrong with pointing out to his followers & sponsors the things that he says or others say on his show are dangerous bullshit? If that leads to his show being deplatformed or listeners leaving in droves he will still be free to broadcast what he wants elsewhere. For a lot less money. It’s the magic of capitalism. But his rights will still be in place. What people really mean when they say their freedoms are being taken from them is that they want to be free to say & do as they want regardless of what it does to others & with no repercussions for themselves.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2022, 12:13:48 pm by KillieRed »
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: February 3, 2022, 02:59:22 pm »

#burnthebooks

Sorry, can you tell us, how Joe Rogan would be "cancelled"? How can anyone stop you from listening to him? If Spotify removes him, which is highly unlikely, he will take his show somewhere else.

Has Tucker Carlson been cancelled? Has Dave Rubin been cancelled? Has Jordan Peterson been cancelled? Has Alex Jones been cancelled? Nah they have been crying about that for damn near a decade and raking in millions from gullible fools while still commanding audiences of millions.

What you are really saying is that because Joe Rogan is famous his voice should be heard with no criticism allowed by anyone.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: February 3, 2022, 03:28:20 pm »
 the US south has been a cancel culture for more than 70years banning and burning books
They have no right to be offended

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #195 on: February 3, 2022, 04:11:30 pm »
#burnthebooks
We're gonna have to burn the albums too.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #196 on: February 5, 2022, 09:56:13 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60270467

Joe Rogan: Podcast star apologises over past use of racist language

The US podcast host Joe Rogan has issued an apology over his past use of racist language on his popular show.

A widely-shared compilation video showed him repeatedly using the N-word in early episodes of his show, which has been running for over a decade.

The 54-year offered his "deepest" apologies and called his past use of the slur "shameful".

Rogan also apologised for making a racist comment about visiting a predominantly black neighbourhood

He said he "felt sick" watching the compilation, and wished he could take his comments back.

During a six minute video posted to his Instagram page, the MMA commentator also said that he hoped his errors could help to educate others.

"I do hope that this can be a teachable moment for anybody that doesn't know how offensive that word can be coming out of a white person's mouth," the Spotify star said.

But Rogan also sought to defend himself, saying that many of the clips had been "taken out of context of twelve years of conversations on my podcast".

He said that he had often used the slur while quoting comedians such as Paul Mooney and Lenny Bruce, or while discussing the use of the word in movies directed by the filmmaker Quentin Tarantino.

India Arie, the Grammy-winning artist who first posted the compilation video on her Instagram page, condemned Rogan's use of the slur and said she would remove her music from Spotify in protest.

"He shouldn't even be uttering the word. Don't even say it, under any context. Don't say it. That's where I stand. I have always stood there," Arie said.

Several artists have recently quit Spotify in protest at what they allege is Rogan's role in spreading coronavirus misinformation.

Spotify is thought to have paid more than $100m (£74m) for exclusive rights to the podcast in 2020.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #197 on: February 6, 2022, 06:38:37 am »
Overall I think Joe Rogan is ok and has a lot of interesting guest. Sure, as many hours of audio he has released, he has said some stupid things but some people are going way overboard now. He`s basically just having conversations with people. Do I think he`s "dangerous". No, I don`t. I haven`t agreed with his views on vaccination etc, I think that`s an issue where he`s made kind of a mess, but like I said- there are many hundred hours of audio of that show. In general, I think it`s worth listening to. Do I think he should be aware of what he`s talking about when it comes to science since he has a big following, yes I do. There are certain areas where I think he`ll think twice in the future.

When it comes to the term "Cancel culture" (discussed over here)I think there can no question that it exist. I see that just as much as trying to cancel someone as to actually be able to do it. People in the world will read JK Rowling, but there have definitely been groups trying to ban her. People wanted to fire Jordan Peterson from his job as a lecturer. That these people are still in the public eye, doesn`t mean that groups of people haven`t tried to cancel them. That`s two different things. Wanting to cancelling someone and being able to do it are two different things. Doesn`t mean that culture doesn`t exist. When it comes to a person like Jordan Peterson I still don`t get the big controversy. I`ve listened to quite a few interviews with him and while I can understand that he`s not everyone`s cup of tea, some people make it sound like he`s Hitler. That`s ridiculous. Generally, most of the things I`ve seen him critisized for, seems to be taken out of context.

Overall, I think the world has gone quite mad and that people on the far right and far left are both extreme in their views. Some don`t even seem to know that they are extreme. And I believe each side contribute to make both sides more extreme. It`s like the horseshoe theory in the 1930s all over again. Maybe.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2022, 07:24:03 am by Raaphael »

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: February 6, 2022, 07:46:19 am »
Overall I think Joe Rogan is ok and has a lot of interesting guest. Sure, as many hours of audio he has released, he has said some stupid things but some people are going way overboard now. He`s basically just having conversations with people. Do I think he`s "dangerous". No, I don`t. I haven`t agreed with his views on vaccination etc, I think that`s an issue where he`s made kind of a mess, but like I said- there are many hundred hours of audio of that show. In general, I think it`s worth listening to. Do I think he should be aware of what he`s talking about when it comes to science since he has a big following, yes I do.

When it comes to the term "Cancel culture" (discussed over here)I think there can no question that it exist. I see that just as much as trying to cancel someone as to actually be able to do it. People in the world will read JK Rowling, but there have definitely been groups trying to ban her. People wanted to fire Jordan Peterson from his job as a lecturer. That these people are still in the public eye, doesn`t mean that groups of people haven`t tried to cancel them. That`s two different things. Wanting to cancelling someone and being able to do it are two different things. Doesn`t mean that culture doesn`t exist. When it comes to a person like Jordan Peterson I still don`t get the big controversy. I`ve listened to quite a few interviews with him and while I can understand that he`s not everyone`s cup of tea, some people make it sound like he`s Hitler. That`s ridiculous. Generally, most of the things I`ve seen him critisized for, seems to be taken out of context.

Overall, I think the world has gone quite mad and that people on the far right and far left are both extreme in their views. Some don`t even seem to know that they are extreme. And I believe each side contribute to make both sides more extreme. It`s like the horseshoe theory in the 1930s all over again. Maybe.

Jordan Peterson has lied on multiple issues and never apologized. Often his lies were designed to whip up transphobia or other forms of hatred. He literally got famous for lying about Bill C-16. When ever any legal expert called him out on his stupid interpretation, he never backed down and never apologized. The man has no academic integrity and talks out of his arse on matters he knows fuck all about. See JRE climate change talk as prime example.  The man is a moron who has angled him self as some sort of edgy alt-right truth teller. Should he really get to hold government paid lecturer position? He has no integrity and is a hateful little shit.

Why do people only call it cancel culture when it has political undertones? If you act like a twat, you can lose your job. That's been true for a long time. The only thing that's changed is for decades people have tolerated racism, sexism, homophobia and transphobia; now its less tolerated.

I mean Richard Keys got kicked out of his job for saying sexist stuff. Was he cancelled? Should Sky bring him back?

Mel Gibson didn't get a film for years because of racist and sexist tirade. Was he cancelled?

The whole racism scandal at Yorkshire County happened, should all of those people have gotten away with it because it was just locker room banter?

I actually don't think Joe Rogan is a racist, but he sure as hell is very stupid and ignorant, atleast on par with Richard Keys. Its probably mostly out of context, but how can you use the N word so many times over the year? What's more disturbing is some of the racist jokes and comments he has made too.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2022, 07:53:03 am by Max_powers »

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: February 6, 2022, 07:53:51 am »
Spot on Max.

More importantly, how the fuck did the guy from Fear Factor end up with such a big voice/presence in 2022?!