Author Topic: Joe Rogan Experience  (Read 19329 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Joe Rogan Experience
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2022, 10:00:59 am »
it is a recognised side effect

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57781637

In Rogan's case, over recognised. It's infuriating to see him try wiggle himself out of being wrong. His final point being 'who wrote this research?'.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2022, 10:39:41 am »
Hey, at least he's willing to converse with people who challenge his beliefs.

I admit I was a big listener prior to Covid. I haven't stopped because of his views, as I think it's very easy to listen to someone and not necessarily agree with him (or want him shut down, which is absurd). All this furor he is causing is amusing, it's definitely an overreaction.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2022, 10:50:43 am »
loads of people are cancelling their Spotify - they have lost 25% of their share price this year. I do not have a Spotify premium account and I am asking those in the family to look at alternatives.

Joe  Rogan is snake oil salesman  & these platforms using Fake news to earn money and subscribers is just wrong.

I blame all this dumming down, money grabbing by being the most stupid person in the room and sensationalising of news to ENDEMOL and the original Big Brother.

Spotify, Fox news & Sky Sports (Anything Murdoch touches is poison).

I was thinking exactly the same this morning. Big Brother started about 2000, then we had the Kardashian's and the Only Way is Essex. It was bad enough when this self centred shite was only on the telly but social media has enabled the vacant attention seekers to expand this universe of falseness.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2022, 10:55:52 am »
Hey, at least he's willing to converse with people who challenge his beliefs.

I admit I was a big listener prior to Covid. I haven't stopped because of his views, as I think it's very easy to listen to someone and not necessarily agree with him (or want him shut down, which is absurd). All this furor he is causing is amusing, it's definitely an overreaction.

Then why has Spotify decided to finally add content advisories before podcasts discussing COVID-19?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2022, 11:36:06 am »

I blame all this dumming down, money grabbing by being the most stupid person in the room and sensationalising of news to ENDEMOL and the original Big Brother.

Spotify, Fox news & Sky Sports (Anything Murdoch touches is poison).

The very first BB was actually alright; it was after that series that they began censoring the live footage to remove anything remotely contentious or that may lead to legal action by litigious corporations (they were threatened by - IIRC - McNasty's and Nike for airing the slagging-off that a couple of contestants did of these companies)

It was then that they just started feeding alcohol to the wannabes and let them strip/fuck/fight/masturbate with a bottle to their hearts' content.

But you're right that this show and the dozens of variations-on-the-theme new shows that emerged pandered to the cretinous, and legitimised their fuckwittery.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2022, 11:38:04 am »
In Rogan's case, over recognised. It's infuriating to see him try wiggle himself out of being wrong. His final point being 'who wrote this research?'.

Ive never listened to him, I  wouldnt know, I believe he has medical experts on his show who challenge his views

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2022, 12:16:29 pm »
He's the ultimate grifter really, he is the kind of guy that Ivor Cummins aspires to be. There is no money to be made by going along with what the "MSM" says so he takes the alternative view, spouts his misinformation, sits back, and watches the $$$ pour in.

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2022, 02:21:49 pm »
He's the ultimate grifter really, he is the kind of guy that Ivor Cummins aspires to be. There is no money to be made by going along with what the "MSM" says so he takes the alternative view, spouts his misinformation, sits back, and watches the $$$ pour in.
I don't think you've listened to a single episode of his if you think that

Then why has Spotify decided to finally add content advisories before podcasts discussing COVID-19?
I assume it's to appease people who want a reaction from them, they don't seem like they actually care about any of this

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2022, 02:26:38 pm »
Rogan agrees to modify.

Neil wins.  8)
Kill the humourless

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2022, 02:32:16 pm »
it is a recognised an incredibly rare side effect

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57781637

Corrected for you:

The EMA analysis of cases found:

Pfizer-BioNTech - 145 cases of myocarditis and 138 cases of pericarditis out of 177m doses given
    Moderna - 19 case of myocarditis and 19 cases of pericarditis out of 20 million doses given
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2022, 02:37:01 pm »
And some more whopperishness from today.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/media/2022/01/29/trevor-noah-joe-rogan-blackness-orig-jc.cnn/video/playlists/atv-trending-videos/

Beyond whopperish - mind numbingly stupid and racist. Rogan and Jordan Peterson. Who on earth would actually watch those two unless it was to piss themselves laughing at the priviledge and stupidity.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2022, 03:20:19 pm »
He was the catalyst for me dropping my Spotify subscription. Not because who he is, (though that's reason enough) but after they bought his show Spotify started aggressively pushing podcasts. This in turn ruined the UI and made the app less enjoyable for someone who doesn't care about podcasts. Happily on Tidal since then, incredible sound and at least they pay artists slightly better.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2022, 03:22:20 pm »
Corrected for you:

Pfizer-BioNTech - 145 cases of myocarditis and 138 cases of pericarditis out of 177m doses given
    Moderna - 19 case of myocarditis and 19 cases of pericarditis out of 20 million doses given

Correct away Alan

Myocarditis and pericarditis will be officially listed as side-effects in the UK and Europe, mirroring a move by the regulators in the US last month.

Id say officially listed is similar to recognised

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2022, 03:35:03 pm »
He was the catalyst for me dropping my Spotify subscription. Not because who he is, (though that's reason enough) but after they bought his show Spotify started aggressively pushing podcasts. This in turn ruined the UI and made the app less enjoyable for someone who doesn't care about podcasts. Happily on Tidal since then, incredible sound and at least they pay artists slightly better.

I refuse to listen to any Spotify exclusive podcasts as I hate the way they are ruining the medium by using their financial clout to make them exclusive. Them getting Rogan on just reinforced that decision.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2022, 04:07:53 pm »
I refuse to listen to any Spotify exclusive podcasts as I hate the way they are ruining the medium by using their financial clout to make them exclusive. Them getting Rogan on just reinforced that decision.
It's no different from what satellite radio's been doing for years except, unless it's changed in recent years, Spotify is still a free service - you just have to listen to an add every now and then. And most sizeable podcasts seem to be marred by intrusive advertising anyway.

As for Rogan, he's a decent interviewer and he has an interesting cross section of guests, though the episodes are far too long for my taste. From what I've heard of his stuff, he's a massive stoner and his views are probably on a similar wavelength to what you'd get if you chatted to any random Gen X stoner who's also a UFC fanatic.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2022, 07:18:42 pm »
Correct away Alan

Myocarditis and pericarditis will be officially listed as side-effects in the UK and Europe, mirroring a move by the regulators in the US last month.

I'm not denying they are side effects. Most drugs and vaccines have some side effects. My point is the side effect referred to is incredibly rare and shouldn't stop anyone having the vaccine. If it was brought up as a scare tactic on Rogan's show (the only reason I can see for it being raised in this thread) he is a massive prick.

Here's guidance on another treatment:

...get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing...

Scary stuff eh? I'm sure all the 'vaccine hesitant' would avoid a drug with those potential side effects? My body my choice... #This Hill... and all that?  ...or maybe a couple of paracetamol after a night out is ok.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2022, 07:37:03 pm »
Correct away Alan

I was very seriously ill due to pericarditis in my early 30's, couple of months left to live without heart surgery. They have no idea what caused it, they think it was a virus I caught at some point. I've also got a mate I met via RAWK who had the same operation when she was 17, again no idea how she caught it. Both of us are fully vaccinated and I have no issues getting my kids done, oldest is 13 and due his second dose soon, as the chances of them getting heart issues are likely no more than the chances I had of catching it. There are other things that worry me more
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2022, 07:43:57 pm »
It's no different from what satellite radio's been doing for years except, unless it's changed in recent years, Spotify is still a free service - you just have to listen to an add every now and then. And most sizeable podcasts seem to be marred by intrusive advertising anyway.

Don't listen to them either.  ;D

I am a hypocrite though as I don't refuse to play Xbox exclusive games...

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2022, 08:08:43 pm »
One of the biggest cocks out there, panders to the stupid and they swallow his fucknuggetry.

Waiting for one of the big hitters to remove music from spotify then hopefully this arsehole gets jibbed off

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2022, 08:10:48 pm »
I'm not denying they are side effects. Most drugs and vaccines have some side effects. My point is the side effect referred to is incredibly rare and shouldn't stop anyone having the vaccine. If it was brought up as a scare tactic on Rogan's show (the only reason I can see for it being raised in this thread) he is a massive prick.

Here's guidance on another treatment:

...get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing...

Scary stuff eh? I'm sure all the 'vaccine hesitant' would avoid a drug with those potential side effects? My body my choice... #This Hill... and all that?  ...or maybe a couple of paracetamol after a night out is ok.

it was raised in reply to this

Interesting about the inflammation of the heart thing, this actually happened to my mates 17 year old son. Healthy, footballing lad he was taken into hospital after his second jab with chest pains/breathing difficulties. He was told by the medical staff that it might be the issue. No idea if he’d previously had Covid though. Fortunately he’s ok, but has been referred for repeat ecg & ultrasounds.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2022, 08:11:02 pm »
Corrected for you:

In UK as per www.gov.uk, "Up to and including 19 January 2022, we have received 673 reports of myocarditis and 449 reports of pericarditis following use of the COVID-19 Pfizer/BioNTech Vaccine..."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting#annex-1-vaccine-analysis-profile
Football is a lie

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2022, 10:08:49 pm »
Went through a phase where I wouldn’t miss an episode a few years ago.

The shite he was spouting at the start of COVID about heat shock proteins turned me completely off and it appears only to have got worse.

Given the platform, the scrutiny he is now under is fair. I hope the UFO conspiracy nut episodes come with a health warning in future too.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2022, 10:15:51 pm »
Never liked the guy, always seemed like a prick. Not surprised he's spouting this shit, and given the platform he has, and that Spotify is pushing so much in his corner, it's dangerous.

Rogan attracts a lot of impressionable people and kids, and he'll know he's untouchable rn
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2022, 10:28:08 pm »
Yeah, but freedom of speech.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2022, 11:00:35 pm »
He's great. I love him. Certainly doesn't mean I believe everything his guests say. Pile on is kids behavior. People posting on Twitter asking how do I cancel Spotify? Virtue signaling dopes.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2022, 11:05:54 pm »
He's great. I love him. Certainly doesn't mean I believe everything his guests say. Pile on is kids behavior. People posting on Twitter asking how do I cancel Spotify? Virtue signaling dopes.

Deffo because its easy to cancel spotify.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2022, 11:10:22 pm »
Conversation

James Blunt
@JamesBlunt
If @spotify doesn’t immediately remove @joerogan, I will release new music onto the platform. #youwerebeautiful

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2022, 11:25:35 pm »

This is why we live in a post-truth world.

As one of the most influential media personality, you can say and do whatever you want, no fact-checking needed, no journalistic integrity needed, no need to be humbled by your own ignorance, no need to correct misinformation and obvious falsehoods after the show. All the people complaining are just haters. You will always have a loyal following.

I get that he is just a dumb ex-reality TV star, fine, then be humble and recognize your limitations in knowledge. He can fuck off with spreading misinformation about topics he has no understanding about. His behaviour seeds doubt in people and will undoubtedly lead to a few deaths.   

Thats not to even mention the climate change misinformation.

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #148 on: February 1, 2022, 01:13:03 am »
I don't mind listening to the odd episode here and there.

It just comes down to who he's interviewing.

If it's one of his mates from down at the farking comedy club - I avoid it like the plague.

If it's someone like Brian Cox, Graham Hancock etc - I'll give it a listen.

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 1, 2022, 02:09:20 am »

As one of the most influential media personality, you can say and do whatever you want, no fact-checking needed, no journalistic integrity needed, no need to be humbled by your own ignorance, no need to correct misinformation and obvious falsehoods after the show. All the people complaining are just haters. You will always have a loyal following.

I get that he is just a dumb ex-reality TV star, fine, then be humble and recognize your limitations in knowledge. He can fuck off with spreading misinformation about topics he has no understanding about. His behaviour seeds doubt in people and will undoubtedly lead to a few deaths.   

In relation to covid. That was a developing situation that nobody knew with any certainty what was going on. It seemed to me that there was no challenging or questioning of government scientists allowed. You weren't even allowed to ask a question or present different ideas without been shot down.

It's pretty messed up when you can't ask a question. Science should always be questioned and probed and if it still holds up well that's good.

The scientist who was doing gain of function research in Wuhan was the person who drafted a letter signed by many colleagues that there was no chance it was a lab leak. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But them saying it isn't was laughable, absurd even. And last year you were hounded for suggesting it.

I never thought I'd end up on this side of the argument. But the last few years has me questioning everything.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 1, 2022, 02:31:55 am »
Whenever I see somebody say “virtue signalling” I immediately think, here we go..
It's pretty messed up when you can't ask a question. Science should always be questioned and probed and if it still holds up well that's good.

Who can’t ask a question and what has led you to believe these questions can’t be asked?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 1, 2022, 02:50:25 am »
In relation to covid. That was a developing situation that nobody knew with any certainty what was going on. It seemed to me that there was no challenging or questioning of government scientists allowed. You weren't even allowed to ask a question or present different ideas without been shot down.

It's not a developing situation. It's been around for 2 years now. We definitively know a lot. Including things like how effective vaccines are in terms of preventing serious illness and death. Yet this twat is still spreading misinformation.

The questions are asked being asked by scientists doing the research. If he or anyone has actual questions, do some actual science and prove your hypothesis. Stop spewing stuff and pretending that you are a truth seeker.

Plus if you are just curious, be open-minded, intellectually honest and look through all the evidence. Educate yourself on what you are talking about, do a comprehensive study of the scientific literature. He literally does none of that.

If I was building a house, I wouldn't want Piers Moron to be the structural engineer. If I needed heart surgery I wouldn't take advice from Paris Hilton. So why is every Tom Dick and Harry now all of a sudden qualified to talk about infectious diseases, vaccine development, etc. Not only that you have morons following suit and ingesting horse dewormer. 

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 1, 2022, 10:06:06 am »

to be honest, I hate Rogan, but he was never just a 'dumb ex-reality TV star', he was a good comic, good presenter, fair sitcom actor, and would have had a fine career doing all of that.

His mega-popularity, and the popularity of his podcast, just baffles me now though. If you asked me which cast member of NewsRadio would have a major cult following twenty years later, I would never have guessed him. I'd have guessed extras before I guessed Rogan.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 1, 2022, 12:35:39 pm »
haha Can just see them munching on their mexican cartel produced Avacado on toast in the morning surfing twitter for a new thing to get outraged about. I see Harry and Meghan are in on the bandwagon now. Couldn't give a fuck about Rogan but i'd rather listen to a discussion from him than those two.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #154 on: February 1, 2022, 01:28:56 pm »
As I said earlier in this thread, I’m a fan of the podcast. Long form conversations with interesting people, and a host that keeps the conversations flowing naturally. That’s all it comes down to for me.

However, it’s becoming harder and harder to listen to. Firstly, Rogan is obsessed with Covid. There are fans of his I’ve spoken with online, some of which take the pandemic seriously and some of which don’t. Some who believe in vaccines and some who don’t. Everyone is united in having had enough of the Covid discussion though. It’s all he talks about. Go and check out the recent episode with Valentine Thomas if you don’t believe me. Watch how quickly he turns the conversation onto vaccines when there is literally no need to do so. I’m talking seconds into the podcast.

Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, his attitude has changed. He is notably more narrow minded now than he was a couple of years ago. Part of the charm used to be that he admitted to being a fool and would therefore listen intently to anything his guests said. He would have Bernie Sanders on to talk about Universal Basic Income and then he’d have a guy from Blink 182 on talking about UFO’s. No subject was considered too high or low brow, he just listened to what the guests said and treated them with respect. That doesn’t happen anymore. In fact it’s the opposite. He has his own set of viewpoints and he spends the podcast redirecting to them whenever possible.

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 1, 2022, 02:00:15 pm »
It's not a developing situation. It's been around for 2 years now. We definitively know a lot. Including things like how effective vaccines are in terms of preventing serious illness and death. Yet this twat is still spreading misinformation.

You see, I think that's a bit disingenuous. It's 2 years now. But I'm talking about when we were months in. And that should have been apparent. Sorry if it wasn't.

When the vaccines came out, if it was claimed they didn't prevent you from getting covid there would be a backlash.

Also talk of a lableak was heresy. 

So that's the 2 main points I'm making. What was misinformation then, is fact now. There just seems to be a war by the left to destroy him. Millions of people seem to hate him. I just don't get it? What the left was when I was growing up is totally alien to me now. I want a good world for everyone, but now I'm a fascist?

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #156 on: February 1, 2022, 02:23:13 pm »
You see, I think that's a bit disingenuous. It's 2 years now. But I'm talking about when we were months in. And that should have been apparent. Sorry if it wasn't.

When the vaccines came out, if it was claimed they didn't prevent you from getting covid there would be a backlash.

So that's the 2 main points I'm making. What was misinformation then, is fact now. There just seems to be a war by the left to destroy him. Millions of people seem to hate him. I just don't get it? What the left was when I was growing up is totally alien to me now. I want a good world for everyone, but now I'm a fascist?

He is lying though..

The lab leak thing is not fact by the way.

The Data was not there to saw how well the Vaccines would work, however I was never under the impression the vaccine would stop infection, only give protection against the dangers of the infection. As Vaccines do. You could not give definite's, and if you were giving them you were misinforming people.  So we is telling lies here.

The Lab leak has still no proof, and as such cannot be cited as anything really. So anyone saying it was a Lab leak would be lying, passing misinformation.  As you did when you said What was misinformation then, is fact now..

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 1, 2022, 02:34:25 pm »

1. mRNA vaccines were ~95% effective against preventing you catching symptomatic version of Delta and older COVID variants, that's what trials showed and it was correct.

After 6 months passing and after a new variant emerging the effectiveness against symptomatic disease has reduced but the it still is good at preventing serious illness. If you have a booster shot, then again they are quite effective at preventing Omicron.

How is that difficult to understand? That's what pretty much all scientist have claimed. No one said the immunity will last forever or it will prevent all breakthrough infections. What are you even questioning here?

2. There is still nothing but some suspect, circumstantial evidence for Lab leak theory. You can choose to believe whatever you want, but its unlikely we will ever know the origins of this. Don't state this as a matter of fact.

https://www.science.org/content/article/covid-19-s-origins-still-uncertain-us-intelligence-agencies-conclude

What do you think Joe Rogan has to add to any of this? He has no background in science, he has done no original research. He is not really a journalist. But his words do carry real consequences. Even if he has guests on that are scientists, they only represent one viewpoint within scientific and medical community compromising of 1000s of  medical researchers and scientists.

People died because him and others like him were questioning effectiveness of vaccines and COVID 19 safety measures in the media constantly. He has a huge reach, and many do idolize him. Do you think he bears any responsibility for that?

« Last Edit: February 1, 2022, 02:35:56 pm by Max_powers »

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 1, 2022, 02:36:48 pm »
Where in the name of jaysis did I say a lableak was a fact? Seriously, there's a serious communication problem here? I never said that. The point in trying to make is he didn't say it either. Is exploring the possiblity of it being a leak, even discussing it? It's it too much for people to even ponder it?

We will probably never know because the Chinese won't allow a thorough investigation. They don't want to look bad. The Americans doing "gain of function" research don't want to look bad. They never found a natural connection, even though they were desperate to find it.

Can you at least agree that with me?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 1, 2022, 02:46:49 pm »
Where in the name of jaysis did I say a lableak was a fact? Seriously, there's a serious communication problem here? I never said that. The point in trying to make is he didn't say it either. Is exploring the possiblity of it being a leak, even discussing it? It's it too much for people to even ponder it?

We will probably never know because the Chinese won't allow a thorough investigation. They don't want to look bad. The Americans doing "gain of function" research don't want to look bad. They never found a natural connection, even though they were desperate to find it.

Can you at least agree that with me?

So that's the 2 main points I'm making. What was misinformation then, is fact now.

You can ponder it all you want, don't state it as fact.

Talk of Lableak was heresy, because there was zero evidence backing any of that at first. Even now its based on some very suspect evidence. 

My point is that Spotify should take flak if its flagship show is spreading medical misinformation. He is getting paid 100s of millions, hire a godamn fact checker.