Author Topic: Away Games  (Read 306758 times)

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
Re: Away Games
« Reply #1560 on: February 3, 2017, 12:33:53 pm »
United are not bound to give visiting clubs the usual % allocation because they are given special dispensation from the FA on the basis that Old Trafford is the largest ground in the country, they are also bound by strict segregation and security issues raised by the local police !

We currently get a shit 4% of Old Trafford, 3125 tickets for a capacity of 75635. Which is low when you compare it to the likes of Bournemouth which is tiny at 11464 capacity and we get around 12% off them for 1374 tickets.

For info from the web :

Bournemouth 12% - 1374 - 11464

Foxes 10.2% - 3305 - 32312

Saints 10.1% - 3312 - 32689

Hull 10% - 2564 - 25586

Boro 8.8% - 3040 - 34742

Everton 7.3% - 2870 - 39572

Chelsea 7% - 2953 - 41631

United 4% - 3125 - 75635

Sunderland need to go down and Newcastle back up to help out with aways - YNWA !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1561 on: February 3, 2017, 12:53:40 pm »
Premier League rules state visiting supporters have to be offered either 10% of capacity or 3000. Whichever is smallest.

So no team has to offer more than 3000 in the Premier League

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1562 on: February 3, 2017, 02:17:40 pm »
Not everyone who goes to aways goes to home games! I know people who only go aways! So these people would miss out if they started a points system that incorporates home games!

For me, that's the whole point. If you don't put in the ground work and get to the home games why should you be expected to be eligible to go to the away games? ...some type of points system that determines criteria based on a cross over of both home and away fixtures would be more suitable for all and not just the minority!!

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1563 on: February 3, 2017, 02:26:40 pm »
For me, that's the whole point. If you don't put in the ground work and get to the home games why should you be expected to be eligible to go to the away games? ...some type of points system that determines criteria based on a cross over of both home and away fixtures would be more suitable for all and not just the minority!!
Maybe because homes are shite and people can't be arsed with them?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1564 on: February 3, 2017, 02:35:22 pm »
Maybe because homes are shite and people can't be arsed with them?

Exactly, that's my point!! People go to all the homes (most are shite) and the only reward you get is to buy more homes for more shite games for next season. Great incentive  :o

In my opinion, going the homes and putting yourself through the shite should make you eligible to get tickets for the away games

Just a thought, you can't just have a select few having all the fun :D
« Last Edit: February 3, 2017, 02:37:14 pm by ScubaSteve »

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1565 on: February 3, 2017, 02:42:16 pm »
Exactly, that's my point!! People go to all the homes (most are shite) and the only reward you get is to buy more homes for more shite games for next season. Great incentive  :o

In my opinion, going the homes and putting yourself through the shite should make you eligible to get tickets for the away games

maybe as well people can't afford both and prefer the away games due to the day out why should they be made to buy tickets for home games just to get away tickets

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1566 on: February 3, 2017, 02:46:21 pm »

I’d welcome something like this, but I think it’d be unfair to take tickets off lads who don’t want/can’t afford to go to home games before the problem with touts and corporate sponsors is tackled. If we could reclaim an amount of tickets from the corporate "pot" and give them to loyal fans with loads of home games on their cards I can't see it encountering much opposition from our matchgoers.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2017, 02:48:24 pm by Can I get J_Kopite again please? »

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #1567 on: February 3, 2017, 02:48:12 pm »
Premier League rules state visiting supporters have to be offered either 10% of capacity or 3000. Whichever is smallest.

So no team has to offer more than 3000 in the Premier League

some teams are breaking the rules.
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1568 on: February 3, 2017, 03:13:41 pm »

STH's technically go to all home games, unless if they return them on the ticket exchange, which most don't.  I wouldn't necessarily be against it but it'd probably end up where you need a STH to have a chance of an away.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1569 on: February 3, 2017, 03:15:59 pm »
some teams are breaking the rules.

Yeah, we've known that for a while but they argue on segregation grounds.  We were under the 3,000  until not long back.  You also need to consider whether the concourses can be segregated at 3,000, not just the net that can easily be moved across the seats.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: February 3, 2017, 03:22:48 pm »
maybe as well people can't afford both and prefer the away games due to the day out why should they be made to buy tickets for home games just to get away tickets

Most people would probably prefer away games but the homes are the only thing available

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1571 on: February 3, 2017, 03:24:41 pm »
I’d welcome something like this, but I think it’d be unfair to take tickets off lads who don’t want/can’t afford to go to home games before the problem with touts and corporate sponsors is tackled. If we could reclaim an amount of tickets from the corporate "pot" and give them to loyal fans with loads of home games on their cards I can't see it encountering much opposition from our matchgoers.

I totally agree with you..you can't take away any tickets from the loyal supporters that have been going for years. Like I've said previously, the club has dug a hole that they'll never be able to get out of!

The least that could happen is to catch out the touts and free up a few tickets via a ballot or something
« Last Edit: February 3, 2017, 03:26:32 pm by ScubaSteve »

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: February 3, 2017, 03:27:46 pm »
STH's technically go to all home games, unless if they return them on the ticket exchange, which most don't.  I wouldn't necessarily be against it but it'd probably end up where you need a STH to have a chance of an away.

That's a good point!! I'm sure alot of the seasies would jump on the chance in the league

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1573 on: February 3, 2017, 03:54:49 pm »
That's a good point!! I'm sure alot of the seasies would jump on the chance in the league

Well, I know 3 relations with ST's who haven't been bothered with aways for a long, long time.  That'd be 3 spares for me then.

It'd be a good way of keeping away tickets Scouse I suppose as we all know a few arl bastards who have had season tickets in the Kem since it was first rebuilt in 1963.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: February 3, 2017, 04:20:00 pm »
Most people I know only do aways and don't bother with the home league games. They go the home cup games because there usually cheaper but the home league games are so expensive.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1575 on: February 3, 2017, 05:25:36 pm »
Most people I know only do aways and don't bother with the home league games. They go the home cup games because there usually cheaper but the home league games are so expensive.

Yeah, I don't blame them, I'd love to do the same! I've been to 7/8 homes this season only coz of the local sales otherwise I normally just go to the home cup games myself.

True, the ticket price is cheaper although after travel costs it would work out more expensive! The reason they go the cup games rather than the league is coz they count as credits towards something i.e. the final  ;)

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1576 on: February 3, 2017, 06:29:28 pm »
Not everyone can afford to go every game! Why should people who have been going aways for years miss out? A lot of people have given up going homes due to the type of fan we attract these days

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #1577 on: February 3, 2017, 06:31:21 pm »

You shouldn't be buying homes tickets because it's an "incentive"

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1578 on: February 3, 2017, 06:56:17 pm »
You shouldn't be buying homes tickets because it's an "incentive"

You're missing the point!!

I don't go the game for any incentive, I'm going obvs to support my club and my city but just saying for some of the shite games you sit through and the price you pay id like them to be included in the criteria towards the away games...

YNWA

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1579 on: February 3, 2017, 06:58:05 pm »
Not everyone can afford to go every game! Why should people who have been going aways for years miss out? A lot of people have given up going homes due to the type of fan we attract these days

I said before, those already going the away games shouldnt be missing out...the holes been dug!

No more hate messages please, just a thought  ;D

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #1580 on: February 3, 2017, 07:03:55 pm »
You're missing the point!!

I don't go the game for any incentive, I'm going obvs to support my club and my city but just saying for some of the shite games you sit through and the price you pay id like them to be included in the criteria towards the away games...

YNWA
As someone else has pointed out STH technically go to all home games, added on top of that the amount of members who have got 19 games on there card would mean demand massively outweighs supply so you would still only have a slim chance anyway. People of a certain age had the chance to jump on aways during the Hodgson era, no good crying about it now

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: February 3, 2017, 07:19:10 pm »
As someone else has pointed out STH technically go to all home games, added on top of that the amount of members who have got 19 games on there card would mean demand massively outweighs supply so you would still only have a slim chance anyway. People of a certain age had the chance to jump on aways during the Hodgson era, no good crying about it now

The locals are the victims of the clubs success! I'm not gonna cry about it, I've been going the game long enough to know nothing is gonna be done about it. Just need a vent every now and then  8)

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #1582 on: February 3, 2017, 07:46:14 pm »
The locals are the victims of the clubs success! I'm not gonna cry about it, I've been going the game long enough to know nothing is gonna be done about it. Just need a vent every now and then  8)
Wasnt having a dig at you just people who moan about aways in general, I remember one year at Blackburn and it was pay on the gate, half of the upper tier was empty. Where were all these people then? Pay on the gate and 30 minutes down the road!

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1583 on: February 3, 2017, 08:05:19 pm »
Wasnt having a dig at you just people who moan about aways in general, I remember one year at Blackburn and it was pay on the gate, half of the upper tier was empty. Where were all these people then? Pay on the gate and 30 minutes down the road!

Yeah it's mad, times have changed! Not hoping for another Hodgson anytime soon so long may it continue

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: February 3, 2017, 08:58:36 pm »
The dismal away allocations really wreck the atmospheres.   Would love to see us give Utd and Everton the whole Rd End provided we got the whole East Stand and SE corner at OT and Park End with current away section at Woodison.   Never going to happen for a thousand and one reasons but it would create one hell of an atmosphere.   If you weeded out all the day trippers it would probably be doable.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1585 on: February 3, 2017, 09:00:30 pm »
Remember that game usual allocation was 7,000,think we took just over 3 thousand..
Mate of mine who posts on here went from 3 aways to the full house that season...

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1586 on: February 3, 2017, 09:01:50 pm »

Seem to remember that being the 3-1 defeat, desperate times, we filled the lower but only half the upper, around 6000.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2017, 09:05:54 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #1587 on: February 3, 2017, 09:34:27 pm »
Sure it was the game Reina got sent off and Flanno made his debut and got brought off in the 1st half? A few went down to 0 that season, Blackburn, Wigan, Bolton and Birmingham. Im sure Wolves on a Tuesday night went to 0 the season after under Dalglish aswell, if not it sold out very low.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1588 on: February 3, 2017, 09:35:50 pm »
The dismal away allocations really wreck the atmospheres.   Would love to see us give Utd and Everton the whole Rd End provided we got the whole East Stand and SE corner at OT and Park End with current away section at Woodison.   Never going to happen for a thousand and one reasons but it would create one hell of an atmosphere.   If you weeded out all the day trippers it would probably be doable.
Yeo that's one of the reasons the old firm games always generate atmosphere apart from the obvious hatred, the size of away allocations they give each other

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Kopite
« Reply #1589 on: February 3, 2017, 09:39:35 pm »
Yeh I deffo agree about us and Everton having the whole ARE and Park End! Not sure about United, 3 thousand of them is enough! Would be mayhem and almost un-policeable today! Imagine if we got the whole east stand at OT, would be about 13 thousand I reckon!
« Last Edit: February 3, 2017, 09:42:51 pm by Sooty89!!! »

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1590 on: March 8, 2017, 12:14:54 am »
Hopefully the fact that the new Seasonal Hospitality Brochure doesn't talk about them getting entered into an away tickets ballot is a good thing. Hope those tickets go back to us fans who don't have a spare 4 and a half grand chillin in our back pocket.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1591 on: March 8, 2017, 09:06:08 am »
Hopefully the fact that the new Seasonal Hospitality Brochure doesn't talk about them getting entered into an away tickets ballot is a good thing. Hope those tickets go back to us fans who don't have a spare 4 and a half grand chillin in our back pocket.

Hi mate does the new brochure detail all hospitality levels including centenary club and premium lounge? Or is it just the dugout level ? Thanks pal
Kenny Godglish

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1592 on: March 8, 2017, 09:53:58 am »
Hi mate, I was specifically looking at the Premium Level Hospitality (The Chemistry of LFC and The Beautiful Game). http://imgur.com/a/Q4RQX This shows the specific page where it looks like they have removed the Away ticket ballot from the list of "benefits and privileges" this year compared to last year.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1593 on: March 8, 2017, 11:50:54 am »
Fingers crossed

Those that have dropped down the ladder massively this year should be able to get their credits back up

I imagine the club have recieved no end of shit regarding this away process this year

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1594 on: March 8, 2017, 12:08:10 pm »
Hi mate, I was specifically looking at the Premium Level Hospitality (The Chemistry of LFC and The Beautiful Game). http://imgur.com/a/Q4RQX This shows the specific page where it looks like they have removed the Away ticket ballot from the list of "benefits and privileges" this year compared to last year.
Thanks for this info mate it would be a big help for away credit requirements if that perk was gone,I wonder if it's just for new applications? as anyone who signed up last year had to commit to either a three five or seven year contract,and I can't imagine they would accept not having access to aways seeing as it was in their original contract.
Kenny Godglish

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #1595 on: March 14, 2017, 11:14:27 pm »

You got a link for the brochure?

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1596 on: March 23, 2017, 11:07:50 am »
Can't figure out whether or not aways will drop low next year, or sell high? Due to how its gone this season and loads of people dropping down?

Anyone with more intelligence know?

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1597 on: March 23, 2017, 01:16:55 pm »
Can't figure out whether or not aways will drop low next year, or sell high? Due to how its gone this season and loads of people dropping down?

Anyone with more intelligence know?
Hard to know anyone with less than 15 will drop this season eg 12s will drop to 8 11s down will fall off the cliff I have 11 and have no hope for anymore this season so I will finish on 4 the only games I might get next season are Leicester Southampton and Newcastle.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: March 23, 2017, 01:28:11 pm »
Current update reposted from page 38

Allocation/Guaranteed Sale/Final Sell Out
Arsenal:           3016           15                           9
Burnley:           2414           17                           16
Spurs:              2489           18                           15*
Chelsea:          2953           16                           13
Swansea:        2069           19                           17*
Palace:            2919           13                           12
Southampton:3312           6                             3
Bournemouth:1374           19 (ST only)          19 (ST only)
Boro:                3040           13                           4
Everton:           2870           16                           15
Sunderland:    2512           17                           15
Man United:    3125           13                           12
Hull:                 2564           17                           15*
Leicester:        3305             7                            2
Man City:         2998          15                           12
Stoke:              2847           15                           12
West Brom:    2649            16                          15
Watford:          2139           19                           17*                   
West Ham:     3000            15                           13                               

2015/16 no. of credits 》2016/2017 no. of credits so far

1   》 0
2   》 1
3   》 2
4   》 3
5   》 3
6   》 3
7   》 3
8   》 3
9   》 4
10 》 4
11 》 4

12 》 8
13 》 10
14 》 10
15 》 15
16 》 16
17 》 18
18 》 18
19 》 19 ST/18 Members

Allocations from lowest to highest and final sell out criteria:

Bournemouth          1374          19 (ST only)
Swansea                  2069          17
Watford                    2139          17
Burnley                     2414          16
Spurs                        2489          15
Sunderland              2512          15
Hull                           2564          15
West Brom              2649          15
Stoke                        2847          12
Everton                     2870          15
Palace                      2919          12
Chelsea                    2953          13
Man City                   2998          12
West Ham                3000          13
Arsenal                     3016          9
Middlesbrough        3040          4
Man U                       3125          12
Leicester                  3305          2
Southampton          3312          3
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:33:11 pm by Tiger Tony »

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1599 on: March 23, 2017, 02:11:12 pm »

My only problem with that is it'd price out some of the away regulars, and judging by the ever declining standards of our away support it's something I wouldn't want to see.

Away matches open to all who can afford the ridiculous home prices every week on top of travel and tickets for away's, nah.

Imagine having the Anfield #LFCFam filling an away end.  Nah, there's already too many nob's who have somehow (fuck knows how) jumped on the away band wagon.

I do feel for you though.  Maybe some kind of vouching system is needed.

I'd stand at the turnstile myself and tell people whether they meet my undefined criteria or not, except I'm not hard enough.

ABJ would be the ideal person to do if he wasn't wool.  A Scouse version of ABJ who can either let the person pass to the turnstile or confiscate the ticket and redistribute it at face value to Scousers or meet my undefined criteria of a 'good wool'. 

'Half decent wools' allowed if there's any unredistributed tickets left.