Author Topic: CL: L’pool 3 vsPSG 2 30' Studge 35' Milner ‘91 Bobby ‘40Meunier ‘83 Mbappé  (Read 49856 times)

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
On a slight side note i was using last night as an opportunity to have a proper look at Adrien Rabiot who i have followed
for the last year or two.
Anyone else have a view on him? I think he's a great player. 

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
So since he had a right to go for the ball, got to the ball first,  what exactly is he supposed to do after that?

?

He slid in, got the ball, followed through and either:

a) deliberately didn't pull foot back from crushing the keepers nuts or
b) unintentionally crushed the keepers nuts.

I think that's a foul either way.

Still wondering how you think I meant he shouldn't have gone for it. He should have.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great result. We aren't anywhere near top gear yet which is the pleasing thing.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
?

Still wondering how you think I meant he shouldn't have gone for it. He should have.

Because if he's allowed to go for it, there's literally nothing he can do once he gets to the ball to avoid colliding with the keeper, there's no way he can get the ball and then a split second later pull his leg away to avoid the keeper.

To me it's a stupid rule.

I can understand if the keeper gets there first and he nuts the keeper and the ball comes lose, but the other way round at that speed, nah.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:58:31 pm by Chakan »

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
By the way, who remembers Emre Can?

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Because if he's allowed to go for it, there's literally nothing he can do once he gets to the ball to avoid colliding with the keeper, there's no way he can get the ball and then a split second later pull his leg away to avoid the keeper.

I can understand if the keeper gets there first and he nuts the keeper and the ball comes lose, but the other way round at that speed, nah.

It's basically you're allowed to go for it in a safe way. If he can't do so then he has a choice, don't go for it, or go for it and give away a foul.

If you get rid of that rule, then you get a load of no marks going for the ball as cover for taking out and injuring our players, and as Salah clutches what is left of his knee, you have a player pointing to milimetre of the ball he touched with his other foot when going through.
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's basically you're allowed to go for it in a safe way. If he can't do so then he has a choice, don't go for it, or go for it and give away a foul.

If you get rid of that rule, then you get a load of no marks going for the ball as cover for taking out and injuring our players, and as Salah clutches what is left of his knee, you have a player pointing to milimetre of the ball he touched with his other foot when going through.

I think it should be a foul if you get the ball second and then go through the player and not a foul if you get there first (and the follow through isn't deliberate or unavoidable). Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 01:12:21 pm by Chakan »

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Yeah, I wish we were playing every other day! ;D

It will be posted soon.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good player but not the right style for our setup. Fed Critiannnoooo a goal this week so I suppose he and his new club are happy.

We can start any 3 of Keita, Fabinho, Shaqiri, Lallana (healthy?) this weekend & rest the 3 starters we used against PSG. Not bad.  :) And that's not even counting the Ox.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan

Agree, collision was inevitable. I do think he left his leg in though, probably more in self defence (likely he gets hurt if he pulls back) than a desire to hurt keeper. Think it might have stood if he'd tried to pull leg back/unstraighten it.

Anyway, Liverpool are fucking immense. Think we can agree on that :thumbup

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Agree, collision was inevitable. I do think he left his leg in though, probably more in self defence (likely he gets hurt if he pulls back) than a desire to hurt keeper.

Anyway, Liverpool are fucking immense. Think we can agree on that :thumbup

No disagreement there!

:scarf

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
One of the highlights of the match for me was Milner's tackling. He put an early marker down on neymar and went through him like a freight train as if to say 'welcome to Anfield you flash twat'. He continued all game, going 100% for every run, tackle, cross, and header and is now one of our most important players. He is ice cool with his penalties, and never, ever goes missing. Almost the perfect Klopp player.

If anything Milner is getting better. When he first came I wasn't sure where he would play and what he would bring. I prefer where he plays now in midfield and he rarely has a bad game. His determination and desire to win rubs off on the other players.
#JFT97

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If anything Milner is getting better. When he first came I wasn't sure where he would play and what he would bring. I prefer where he plays now in midfield and he rarely has a bad game. His determination and desire to win rubs off on the other players.

He's also one of the few players in the team to lift a major trophy.

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
?

For me it's not a foul as both were fairly going for the ball. It was very different to somebody trying to deliberately hurt the other player. Turn it around.........if the keeper had done that to Sturridge then would it have been a penalty.......I don't think it would have been so for me it was a perfectly good goal. The fact that the linesman had sprinted off to the centreline helps the case.

Anyway let's forget it as the final score is all that matters plus the crushing way we dominated a good team.
#JFT97

Offline stockdam

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Special word for Sturridge. He's not Bobby. But he's still got a brilliant, brilliant touch, and while he's lost his pace, he looks to have gained stamina. Lack of pace doesn't matter so much when you're flanked by Mane and Mo. Looking forward to his contributions this season. Wouldn't surprise me if he's earned a start against Southampton.

Let's not forget that before his injuries, Sturridge was one of the best strikers in England. He is very good under pressure in the box and knows how to finish. Yes he may be slower now but he's still an excellent player and deserves to play a part in these big games.
#JFT97

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Let's not forget that before his injuries, Sturridge was one of the best strikers in England. He is very good under pressure in the box and knows how to finish. Yes he may be slower now but he's still an excellent player and deserves to play a part in these big games.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45569481

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
The combined cost of all of our 10 outfield players last night is the same as Neymar  ;D
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
Rabiot was their best player imo. He looked frustrated with front 3 not bothering to track back. No wonder he wants to leave. I'd have him here.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online christofu

• Anny Roader
For me it's not a foul as both were fairly going for the ball. It was very different to somebody trying to deliberately hurt the other player. Turn it around.........if the keeper had done that to Sturridge then would it have been a penalty.......I don't think it would have been so for me it was a perfectly good goal. The fact that the linesman had sprinted off to the centreline helps the case.

Anyway let's forget it as the final score is all that matters plus the crushing way we dominated a good team.

No problems with it being given as a foul due to studs showing (with absolute right to go for the ball). Just annoyed he took a heavy first touch, certain goal for him otherwise and would have been bye bye PSG :wave

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
People seen the L'equipe ratings on the BBC!? (I have no idea how to imbed pictures)

Would like some of what those guys are smoking:

Milner - 6
Gini - 6
Gomez and The Colossus (I'll stop it soon I promise) - 5

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
I think L'equipe is always madly harsh with ratings. But yeah, I saw that, and they where baffling even by their standards ;D  For starters, anyone who's giving Milly and Gini less than 8's for that game needs a word.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
(I have no idea how to imbed pictures)

50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
 :o How Milner doesn't have an 8 is baffling.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why would anyone care what they think about our players?

Online christofu

• Anny Roader

In fairness to them, whilst not agreeing with their assessment, they seem to be consistently harsh on both sides. Thought Thiago and Kipembe were pretty good for PSG.

I didnt think PSG were poor (to warrant a a number of players on 4/10), but thought we worked hard to shut them down in key areas and therefore dominate the game. Their counterpress was pretty effective, and our weakness was playing into it with poor ball retention at key moments.

Anyway, 1st game - good to get the cobwebs out!

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Why would anyone care what they think about our players?

I don't care what they think. I was just stunned/shocked/entertained that people could watch that game, have a system whereby players are rated out of 10 and give those four in particular 5s and 6s.

edit

Actually - I do care what they think, I'm always interested in how non-liverpool fans, or in europe - non english media - see our club and players. I, and we, sometimes (always?) are blinkered and I like to hear a different point of view, even if I disagree with it.

Not that I was looking for that in an out of 10 ratings system - my reaction to that was as per first part of post
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 03:15:53 pm by wige »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer

They got Trent and the PSG front line spot on. Not sure about any of the rest.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
Well deserved. You just knew they were gonna pull something out late on, but Bobby rectified the situation by making the result reflect the performance. Fuck PSG. They looked average.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
Rabiot was their best player imo. He looked frustrated with front 3 not bothering to track back. No wonder he wants to leave. I'd have him here.

I thought he was their best MF player with Kimpembe (sp?) their standout overall

Rabiot loses points for those awful boots
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline devlin_adl

• Main Stander
What did people think about Rabiot? We’ve been linked to him on a free next summer.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Christ. They're hard to please. I thought Thiago Silva was excellent for them, could have been 5 or 6 if not for him.  Not sure what Di Maria did to warrant the same mark as Gomez, Van Dijk and Henderson.  Harsh on Rabiot to get the same mark as Bernat.  Rabiot wasn't great but I'm not sure what he was supposed to do with 3 or 4 reds running at him all night with no support from elsewhere.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
What did people think about Rabiot? We’ve been linked to him on a free next summer.

Can't remember him doing anything noteworthy going forward. Tidy enough in possession but he hardly looked like displacing any of our current midfielders with that kind of display.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.

A bit rabiotic in his movments. A bit like a rabiot in headlights at times.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/gffn/status/1042442306283085824?s=21

Lol

really?  ;D

I mean, it doesn't shock me, cos Tuchel will fall out with EVERYONE, but 3 months would be incredible even by his standards. It was about 8 months before he started pissing people off at Dortmund.

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
I thought their fans seemed strangely uninterested in the game last night

All they seemed bothered about was jumping up and down to that annoying fcuking drum.

They created a decent atmosphere fair enough, but if you come all that way...
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It looked like the bulk of their tickets had been taken by ultras, and often the football is secondary to them.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan

Ha!  ...fair point too....
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Stanno06

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Scouse not English
I thought their fans seemed strangely uninterested in the game last night

All they seemed bothered about was jumping up and down to that annoying fcuking drum.

They created a decent atmosphere fair enough, but if you come all that way...

I thought that yeah. It was really weird to watch ... even when we scored they never stopped ... as though they weren't arsed. I thought they were good but it hardly motivates the team imo.
"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died" - American Graffiti

www.plasma-metal-art.com

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
It looked like the bulk of their tickets had been taken by ultras, and often the football is secondary to them.
Maybe - don't know a great deal about Ultras to be honest - but I'm guessing it's more about the spectacle ?

Anyway love this one doing the rounds  ;D

https://twitter.com/i/status/1042372799548010496
A Great man once said...
It is terribly simple."