Author Topic: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent  (Read 342943 times)

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Comolli and Bruckner leave by mutual consent
« Reply #2440 on: April 12, 2012, 08:43:01 pm »
Here's just a little list of some other things that have got fuck all to do with the topic at hand

**Did Rafa change the wallpaper in his office?

**Did Kenny really sign all todays Good Luck In Your New Job cards or did he get Steve Clarke to do them?

**Is there a soft close toilet seat in the academy bogs or do they have those padded 70's style ones?

**would Carragher make a good rag and bone man with his shouting?

**Has Bill Cosby given Tom Werner his "with tha hippin' an' a hoppin' an' tha bippin' an' a boppin'" views about what's happened today?

But feel free to fucking discuss them anyway.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:46:46 pm by macca888 »
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2441 on: April 12, 2012, 08:43:07 pm »
It really isn't an informed answer really is it considering there really isn't any evidence to balance the argument either way. For instance, Martin Kelly has been with the Club since he was 8 or something, so his development was before Benitez was in charge, the fact that his debut was in a Champion League qualification game, could have easily been down to necessity rather than "Youth Development". Damien Plessis was brought in straight from another squads youth system and was played way before Jay Spearing who had came through the Youth Development, arguably under Heighway/Dalglish, and Plessis was played ahead of someone who had captained our youth squad to win the FA cup. Excellent youth development that...

Now on the underside of some arrogant and childish remarks, (I don't know why I expected anything other than that), in order to not be used as a scapegoat for when this thread does finally get locked (Which gets spouted by the same certain members when discussion isn't going 'their way'), I will end my discussion in this matter and leave you rafanboys to dream up your own little perfect world within the LFC camp, with him as Director of Football.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #2442 on: April 12, 2012, 08:43:16 pm »
Owners aren't settling for shit, good and like someone already mentioned it's about time.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2443 on: April 12, 2012, 08:44:59 pm »
Could someone tell me who this Natalie character is please?

Why - she's still at the club?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2444 on: April 12, 2012, 08:45:35 pm »
What next? I honestly don't know. When I think about about what has gone on at our club over the last 3 years I'm at a loss to fathom out what is next, what more is there in the wings to rock us, to shake us and to leave us puzzled and confused.

What have we become? Are we a spurs and Man Utd of the 80's, an ongoing saga of upheaval, comedy and shooting ourselves in the foot decisions.

What does the future hold? Are we destined to chase our tales like a frustrated dog, are we to rise from the ashes like the re-born phoenix or are we destined to fade, fade and fall into obscurity.

What?

I was gonna start this as a thread but I just don't know If I could read more debate upon debate, I just don't know anymore about anything....I just don't know. Even a silly arse like me is finding it hard to raise a smile when having to witness another Liverpool upheaval plastered across the news and all this two days before an FA cup semi-final against our closest and longest rivals.

Good post pretty much covers my general thoughts on our club as of late, nevermind this latest cull of resources who are far from low in profile .....And the timing? ..... worth a shout as a thread imo....

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #2445 on: April 12, 2012, 08:45:47 pm »
Danroan just posted a few tweets and then deleted them. Google search isn't even bringing them up on the BBC website any more. They've been copy/pasted across a number of other forums though and read something like this:

Dan Roan ‏ @danroan
 The departure of Liverpool's Head of Sports Medicine/Science Peter Brukner today has been met with shock by some at Anfield...

Dan Roan ‏ @danroan
 Brought in by Purslow after Benitez demanded a better medical dept, he was credited with the club now having best fitness stats in PL..

Dan Roan ‏ @danroan
 Described by 1 senior source as one of LFC's "few employees of truly global standing-but never fitted in more 'traditional' Dalglish regime"

Offline zuchum

• Anny Roader
  • Not that kind of poster
    • Twitter
« Reply #2446 on: April 12, 2012, 08:47:03 pm »
Dan Roan deleted 3 tweets regarding the sacking of Peter Brukner. They are paraphrased here:

"Some shock from those high up at Anfield at sacking of Peter Brukner, he was one of very few at the club of truly global standing and credited for LFC having the best fitness of any team in the PL. But he didn't fit in with Dalglish's more "traditional" regime."

Messenger. Etc.

EDIT: Nuts

Offline Hus

• Main Stander
« Reply #2447 on: April 12, 2012, 08:49:00 pm »
A bit random deleting those, surely you bring more attention to them once you try and get rid (much like recalling an email via outlook!) - I expect most people would have ignored them otherwise.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2448 on: April 12, 2012, 08:49:05 pm »
dunno about those fitness stats but one thing is for sure
we normally do better second half of the season fitness wise and it reflects in the results

this season.....................wtf
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #2449 on: April 12, 2012, 08:49:30 pm »
Some shock from those high up at Anfield - who?  Probably not from Henry and Warner, as they sacked him, or Comoli because he has been sacked, or Ayre becuase he probably toed the paryy line with Henry and Werner.....who does that leave as a 'High up"? Kenny?
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2450 on: April 12, 2012, 08:50:14 pm »
Danroan just posted a few tweets and then deleted them. Google search isn't even bringing them up on the BBC website any more. They've been copy/pasted across a number of other forums though and read something like this:

Dan Roan ‏ @danroan
 The departure of Liverpool's Head of Sports Medicine/Science Peter Brukner today has been met with shock by some at Anfield...

Dan Roan ‏ @danroan
 Brought in by Purslow after Benitez demanded a better medical dept, he was credited with the club now having best fitness stats in PL..

Dan Roan ‏ @danroan
 Described by 1 senior source as one of LFC's "few employees of truly global standing-but never fitted in more 'traditional' Dalglish regime"

Maybe he deleted them because his sources turned out to be bullshit?

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2451 on: April 12, 2012, 08:50:32 pm »
It really isn't an informed answer really is it considering there really isn't any evidence to balance the argument either way. For instance, Martin Kelly has been with the Club since he was 8 or something, so his development was before Benitez was in charge, the fact that his debut was in a Champion League qualification game, could have easily been down to necessity rather than "Youth Development". Damien Plessis was brought in straight from another squads youth system and was played way before Jay Spearing who had came through the Youth Development, arguably under Heighway/Dalglish, and Plessis was played ahead of someone who had captained our youth squad to win the FA cup. Excellent youth development that...

Now on the underside of some arrogant and childish remarks, (I don't know why I expected anything other than that), in order to not be used as a scapegoat for when this thread does finally get locked (Which gets spouted by the same certain members when discussion isn't going 'their way'), I will end my discussion in this matter and leave you rafanboys to dream up your own little perfect world within the LFC camp, with him as Director of Football.

Seriously can you drop it or we'll take action to stop you taking the thread off topic.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

« Reply #2452 on: April 12, 2012, 08:50:56 pm »
Dan Roan ‏ @danroan
Very interesting

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #2453 on: April 12, 2012, 08:51:18 pm »
I think it's interesting what Dalglish said in his press conference. Goes out of his way to say how positive their relationship was and that the players bought were his (Dalglish) choice, to me it's more than the usual 'goodbye and good luck' formality than you'd expect.

For those crowing about the decisive action based on 'shit' signings a word of caution; we simply don't know enough about these new owners to be entirely convinced that this is a well thought out move.

'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #2454 on: April 12, 2012, 08:51:20 pm »
we normally do better second half of the season fitness wise and it reflects in the results

* Agger is fit all season, thats a enormous plus!
* Rotation & substitutions are not happening as frequently as we are accustomed to, so players are naturally tired at this stage of this season.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2455 on: April 12, 2012, 08:51:21 pm »

:roger. Hissy fit alert
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

« Reply #2456 on: April 12, 2012, 08:51:34 pm »

We did better last season so maybe its not his fault?

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2457 on: April 12, 2012, 08:52:14 pm »

Dan Roan ‏ @danroan

Dan Roan ‏ @danroan

Dan Roan ‏ @danroan

The last one mate seems a bit rich for me, cannot seeing it being a Dalglish decision to me, not at all. Think about it, KK sitting in front of FSG...

Well Ken what do you think of Bruckner? Well lads he does all this new fangled bollocks with fizzy drinks and powders and we wire them up to shit, I said get the wooly jumpers out the closet we used to warm up in and give the bastards steak before a game and the wanker disagreed!! Well King Kenai I surgest this guy needs to hit the high road...ok Y'all.

Bit fuckin strange dont you think?

One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #2458 on: April 12, 2012, 08:52:14 pm »

Been pretty reliable today on other stuff hasn't he? Also it's not likely that anyone could pin down '1 senior source' to anyone in particular is it? Any other theories?

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2459 on: April 12, 2012, 08:52:28 pm »

yup.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2460 on: April 12, 2012, 08:54:09 pm »
Someone was going to pay the price for this season's awful league form, and the superb cup runs meant it wasn't going to be Dogfish.

FSG were looking static, what with the inertia with the stadium and the silence on team matters. Comolli was the scapegoat, as he had no fall back with the quality of his signings and is someone the fans had very little attachment to.

I'm glad it's been done before the end of the season, as it gives a new scouting network some time to plan for the comings and goings in the summer. Why it couldn't have waited a week, though, I'll never know, the only reason I can think of is the owners thought it would galvanise some of the players into giving the extra effort an determination on Saturday and keep their place at our club. Even if it has been leaked, the actual firing could have waited.

FSG have had a brutal infancy as owners, they said they would "under promise and over deliver" - they now need to "over deliver" on the stadium and transfers to set some stability into the club.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:55:50 pm by Voltaire »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2461 on: April 12, 2012, 08:54:27 pm »
Bruckners departure might just be that he came to set up and implement a sports science department and now he's done that and it's running smoothly he's of to pastures new....

Who knows
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2462 on: April 12, 2012, 08:54:28 pm »
Been pretty reliable today on other stuff hasn't he? Also it's not likely that anyone could pin down '1 senior source' to anyone in particular is it? Any other theories?

sent you a dm

« Reply #2463 on: April 12, 2012, 08:54:51 pm »
The last one mate seems a bit rich for me, cannot seeing it being a Dalglish decision to me, not at all. Think about it, KK sitting in front of FSG...

Well Ken what do you think of Bruckner? Well lads he does all this new fangled bollocks with fizzy drinks and powders and we wire them up to shit, I said get the wooly jumpers out the closet we used to warm up in and give the bastards steak before a game and the wanker disagreed!! Well King Kenai I surgest this guy needs to hit the high road...ok Y'all.

Bit fuckin strange dont you think?

It makes perfect sense IMO, who else apart from Kenny and Comolli would have the power to decide if the fitness guys or goal-keeping coach are not what they need?

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2464 on: April 12, 2012, 08:54:58 pm »
Bruckners departure might just be that he came to set up and implement a sports science department and now he's done that and it's running smoothly he's of to pastures new....

Who knows

apparently this is true.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #2465 on: April 12, 2012, 08:55:07 pm »
Natalie Wignall, she's the clubs solicitor/lawyer who was rumoured to have been sacked after Brukner and Comolli.

According to PaulR who works at the club, she hasn't been :wave

Thanks :D assume she was involved in contraxt negotiations then ;D

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #2466 on: April 12, 2012, 08:55:15 pm »
Hang on, what the fuck is going on, more people have been fucked off?

Is Linda still here? Please say Linda is still here.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #2467 on: April 12, 2012, 08:55:46 pm »

Who knows
that was my understanding too, especially in light of his departing statement.

« Reply #2468 on: April 12, 2012, 08:56:07 pm »

Who knows
Or the set-up is changing from sport science to traditional and he is no longer needed?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2469 on: April 12, 2012, 08:56:20 pm »
that was my understanding too, especially in light of his departing statement.

But some don't let that get in the way of a good old scare story!

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #2470 on: April 12, 2012, 08:56:47 pm »
Does anyone think a part of all this has been a result of the Carroll transfer? Putting aside the money we got for Torres, 35 million is a lot for a player. An irrational decision at the time, probably fueled by the fact that we needed a striker. The transfer has haunted us from day one. FSG sanctioned the transfer trusting Comolli and Kenny.

Do they think they made the wrong decision sanctioning it and now want to put future dealings right? Or do they think now that their money hasn't paid dividends and someone has to take the fall?
YWNA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2471 on: April 12, 2012, 08:57:04 pm »
Or the set-up is changing from sport science to traditional and he is no longer needed?

You really think a modern setup like FSG would allow this?!

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #2472 on: April 12, 2012, 08:57:37 pm »
Dan Roan deleted 3 tweets regarding the sacking of Peter Brukner. They are paraphrased here:

"Some shock from those high up at Anfield at sacking of Peter Brukner, he was one of very few at the club of truly global standing and credited for LFC having the best fitness of any team in the PL. But he didn't fit in with Dalglish's more "traditional" regime."

Messenger. Etc.

Looking at the quotes on the LFC website Brukner's looks less like a sacking than Comoli, or am I being naive?
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2473 on: April 12, 2012, 08:57:38 pm »

Messenger. Etc.

Five a sides, 442, jumpers for goalposts.

Cheap too.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2474 on: April 12, 2012, 08:58:13 pm »
I don't see why that would be when all the rest of the sports science team are still there...

Didn't he come from Australia?  Maybe he did two years, now the job is done he can leave it set up and go back down under?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2475 on: April 12, 2012, 08:58:52 pm »

Messenger. Etc.

That doesn't stack up with the comments Kenny has made where he has praised the medical set up in the past and credited them with looking after the players well if I remember correctly.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2476 on: April 12, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »
Does anyone think a part of all this has been a result of the Carroll transfer? Putting aside the money we got for Torres, 35 million is a lot for a player. An irrational decision at the time, probably fueled by the fact that we needed a striker. The transfer has haunted us from day one. FSG sanctioned the transfer trusting Comolli and Kenny.

Do they think they made the wrong decision sanctioning it and now want to put future dealings right? Or do they think now that their money hasn't paid dividends and someone has to take the fall?
No.

I do t think it helped, but I think the downing transfer was probably more of an issue.
W

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2477 on: April 12, 2012, 08:59:15 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if FSG have lined up a DoF replacement. Why would they otherwise act right now? There is a reason why this action has taken place two days before a truly major game - (1) players get a timely reminder of the club's standards and/or (2) they have identified the replacements and want to give them time to establish their methods before the transfer window opens. My money is on Frank Arnesen as DoF.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2478 on: April 12, 2012, 08:59:49 pm »
It makes perfect sense IMO, who else apart from Kenny and Comolli would have the power to decide if the fitness guys or goal-keeping coach are not what they need?

I'm not saying Kenny didn't have an input but I take major umbridge to it being that his "modern" views were alien to Kennys "traditional" ways. Its bollocks.
One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #2479 on: April 12, 2012, 09:01:04 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if FSG have lined up a DoF replacement. Why would they otherwise act right now? There is a reason why this action has taken place two days before a truly major game - (1) players get a timely reminder of the club's standards and/or (2) they have identified the replacements and want to give them time to establish their methods before the transfer window opens. My money is on Frank Arnesen as DoF.
* gives the players a wee kick up the back side
* as Alan said earlier, it deflects attetion from our poor form in the run up to the game
* we need his replacement to be looking out for new buys this summer, so best to be put in place sooner than later