Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2930345 times)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Reply #30080 on: April 28, 2024, 12:30:46 pm »
I don't agree with you but that's fine and I won't call your post "crazy".

The other week some said it was crazy to suggest dropping him and I think you were part of them so I'm not surprised.

Klopp must be mad for benching Mo against Fulham when the title was still on the line? Anyway, agree to disagree (obviously with the caveat that anything you disagree with is automatically "crazy" or "mad" LOL).

Klopp did not drop him for the United game which you suggested, so who was wrong in that assessment? Go back and read the quotes before posting.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #30081 on: April 28, 2024, 12:32:00 pm »

Obviously this is just my perception and there will be some who genuinely just think he disrespected klopp so must go but for the majority who seem enraged I think it's a build up of frustration showing

Agree with this

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30082 on: April 28, 2024, 12:32:20 pm »
Klopp did not drop him for the United game which you suggested, so who was wrong in that assessment? Go back and read the quotes before posting.
Mate, "debating" or "arguing" with you is a complete waste of time and I say that respectfully.

You can scroll a bit and see that the consensus was that Mo performed poorly in that game despite scoring the pen which backed up what I was saying but it was a "mad" or "crazy" shout according to you.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 12:34:34 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30083 on: April 28, 2024, 12:32:59 pm »
Agree with this
[/quote
Not the rest haha

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30084 on: April 28, 2024, 12:35:01 pm »
Mate, "debating" or "arguing" with you is a complete waste of time and I say that respectfully.

You can scroll a bit and see that Mo performed poorly in that game which backed up what I was saying.

No you said Klopp should drop Salah against United, I said Klopp would probably not drop a player who is statistically the most productive player to play against United in PL history, in a game against them. Why you bring up Fulham I don’t know, I never mentioned him being dropped or rested against Fulham in fact with our fixture build up its something I expected.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30085 on: April 28, 2024, 12:44:02 pm »
Just so I'm clear on this, do we have to be either Team Jurgen or Team Mo on this?

I only wish Bobby was still here to give us the raised eyebrows and sly smile directly into camera.

Frustration and crushing disappointment to blame by both parties, but Salah really should have taken a breath instead of reacting like that giving the media hyenas the easy opportunity of a feeding frenzy, overshadowing the true disgrace on show during the match... Taylor's actions.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30086 on: April 28, 2024, 12:44:21 pm »
Embarrassing.
Yes his behaviour was, and completely unacceptable - particularly from a senior member of the team.

If one of my guys at work did that, they’d be in a room straight away with me - short of a profuse and quick apology to both myself privately and the group publically a disciplinary would be under way and I’d be working them out the business.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30087 on: April 28, 2024, 12:48:42 pm »
Yes his behaviour was, and completely unacceptable - particularly from a senior member of the team.

If one of my guys at work did that, they’d be in a room straight away with me - short of a profuse and quick apology to both myself privately and the group publically a disciplinary would be under way and I’d be working them out the business.
Mate he had a strop because he’s an elite athlete and he cares. Was it acceptable? Of course not, he was bang out of order but there’s no need to make it bigger than it is. It’s genuinely incredible to me how after 7 years of the lad giving everything for this club, being all timer for this club, one incident that in the grand scheme of things isn’t even that big a deal is enough for so many of you to turn on him to the extent you want his contract ripped up. It’s genuinely an insane standard.

Klopp has told our own fans to fuck off/shut the fuck up at the ground many times btw for the crime of chanting his name - should his contract be ripped up as well?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #30088 on: April 28, 2024, 12:50:02 pm »
Just so I'm clear on this, do we have to be either Team Jurgen or Team Mo on this?

I only wish Bobby was still here to give us the raised eyebrows and sly smile directly into camera.

Frustration and crushing disappointment to blame by both parties, but Salah really should have taken a breath instead of reacting like that giving the media hyenas the easy opportunity of a feeding frenzy, overshadowing the true disgrace on show during the match... Taylor's actions.

I team Jo-Mo, fuck yeah!
coming to throw the fucking game away, fuck yeah!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #30089 on: April 28, 2024, 01:01:03 pm »
Salah didn’t want to take a breath though, that’s sort of the point, he knows what he’s doing.

Wonderful player, but like plenty of other goal scorers before him, all about himself first and foremost. There’s always going to be some drama here and there, and with his gobshite agent at the helm, there will be more to come in the summer I’d hazard a guess!

Anyway, it’s done and now hopefully he’ll concentrate on getting his game together for the next however many games are left, because he’s been shite for a few weeks, and as much to blane as any for this mad implosion. 

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #30090 on: April 28, 2024, 01:21:27 pm »
I'm amazed so many people are straw manning the shit out of this... imagine quote posting James Pearce and his desperate attempts to cling on to relevance by hyping everything to shit (is there a single lfc journo that actually operates in the clubs best interests?)

Why isn't it possible to think he was out of order yesterday but that losing your rag with someone isn't actually that big a deal compared to years of not only a good relationship but also incredible success?

Fuck me if you all applied this standard to your personal life you'd all be dying alone

I’m not suggesting we sell him because of this, but there are people suggesting it was just a spat, it was normal stuff that we see at other clubs all the time. Some are even suggesting we’ve seen it here a lot. What goes on at other clubs is irrelevant to what goes on here.

Salah should go because he’s on the slide, we may lose him for nothing and he still holds a decent value in the market, at least if he goes to Saudi. The spat with Klopp yesterday isn’t a reason to sell him or get rid, that he’s found himself on the bench repeatedly during this poor run is, though, and it’s a sign he’s no longer the player he once was. It may only be a blip - you’d back him to find form again - but it’s not the first period of poor form over the last few years, is it? It’s not the first time he’s ended a season wearing an invisibility cloak, is it?

With regards to the personal life, I think it’s more applicable to our working lives than our personal lives. If I vented my frustrations towards/about my boss in that way and then poured fuel on the fire when I’ve had time to cool down, I’d expect a few people telling me I’m out of order the next day. I wouldn’t expect people to be saying it happens all the time, you’ve done nothing wrong.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #30091 on: April 28, 2024, 01:23:41 pm »
Nothing to see here.

Just two highly-driven men losing their patience a bit and talking angrily to each other... for a moment.

If you can't see this, you haven't lived long enough.

Good to see they're both just like us. Humans with breaking points. If they were anything else, we wouldn't love them so much. Unless you're into robots, that is.

It's similar to being in a long-term relationship. If you've never had a single row (even a momentary one) then it's not really a healthy relationship. More like a dead one.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #30092 on: April 28, 2024, 01:28:09 pm »
Liverpool can help Arne Slot by selling petulant Mohamed Salah this summer

Ugly row with Jürgen Klopp on the London Stadium touchline shows the Egyptian’s focus has waned

Sun 28 Apr 2024 11.27 BST

When it comes to picking one image to symbolise the end of an era at Liverpool, Jürgen Klopp’s quarrel with Mohamed Salah on the London Stadium touchline will take some beating. This is what happens when power slips away. This, sadly, is the way that it ends.

We will have to speculate about the specific reason behind the row that grabbed the attention after Liverpool’s deflating 2-2 draw with West Ham on Saturday. West Ham’s equaliser had arrived before Klopp, who had been waiting to make a triple substitution, was able to introduce Salah, Darwin Núñez and Joe Gomez. The manager seemed miffed and appeared to admonish Salah, whose angry response made it very clear that he had zero interest in listening to any criticism.

It was quite the scene. Salah clearly did not regard Klopp as a figure of authority. Instead of holding back, the Egyptian had to be held back by two of his teammates. Later, as he made his way out of the stadium and walked past reporters, he declined interview requests and said there would be “fire” if he stopped to speak.

Say no more, Mo. We get it. Klopp had tried to play the incident down during his post-match press conference, but Salah lit the fuse. The Egyptian winger was hardly acting as the model of diplomacy, even if his remark was delivered in a jokey way. Far more preferable would have been Salah providing the same kind of spark on the pitch during a spell that has seen Liverpool’s season go up in smoke.

It was not supposed to go this way when Klopp announced that he was leaving. Liverpool won the League Cup final and targeted a quadruple. But something shifted when they went out of the FA Cup to Manchester United last month. The physical and mental challenge was too much. Defensive flaws were exposed during the Europa League quarter-final defeat to Atalanta, the attack malfunctioned in several winnable games and the title challenged faltered.

Salah, who has been short of sharpness since returning from the Africa Cup of Nations, could not provide the inspiration. He has 24 goals in all competitions this season – hardly a poor return – but there is a sense of a player whose powers are waning. Salah is 32. His contract expires in a year and there are suggestions that he will move to Saudi Arabia this summer. Maybe Klopp’s impending departure allowed Salah to erupt. Or maybe Salah’s impending departure allowed Salah to erupt.

Either way it would be shame if the relationship between two of the greatest figures in Liverpool’s history is broken. Salah has been the standout player of Klopp’s reign, the genius in attack, the driving force behind so many famous wins. But the mind goes back to Mr. Ferguson announcing that the 2001-02 season would be his final year at United. Uncertainty set in, motivation dipped and United lost the title to Arsenal. Ferguson had given his players an excuse to let their standards dip.

Thankfully for United, the Scot ended up staying and oversaw a new era of domination. Klopp, though, is not going to change course. He looks emotionally drained. He sounds as if he cannot wait for the season to end. It has to have an impact on the team. The mentality monsters have disappeared.

There have, of course, been shows of petulance from Salah in the past. None, though, as big as the one on Saturday. None, surely, that would have occurred if Klopp was staying. Nobody who worries about a backlash from their boss behaves like that.

But this is an unfocused team, overseen by a weary, distracted, unhappy manager. If they were on their game, Liverpool would have smashed West Ham after going 2-1 up. Instead their title challenge fizzled out in a blaze of missed chances and shoddy defending.

Salah, of course, is part of the malaise. His goals will not be easy to replace but perhaps it would help Arne Slot, who will soon be confirmed as Klopp’s replacement, if he does not have to worry about managing a player whose ego appears to have spiralled out of control next season.

Not that the rebuild will be easy. Away from Salah, questions also hang over the futures of Virgil van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold. But there is another lesson that Liverpool can take from Ferguson, it is about how to deal with a disrespectful player. One or two individuals aside Ferguson always knew when someone’s race was run. He never let anyone become bigger than the club. Klopp, though, is not in a position to tame Salah.

The fear is gone. It evaporated during this most dispiriting of run-ins. Klopp does not have the stomach for it any more and his best player has smelt weakness. Looking to the future, Liverpool have to help Slot by reintroducing discipline. Klopp goes, but so does Salah.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/28/liverpool-arne-slot-selling-petulant-mo-salah-this-summer?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30093 on: April 28, 2024, 01:53:17 pm »
I’m not suggesting we sell him because of this, but there are people suggesting it was just a spat, it was normal stuff that we see at other clubs all the time. Some are even suggesting we’ve seen it here a lot. What goes on at other clubs is irrelevant to what goes on here.

Salah should go because he’s on the slide, we may lose him for nothing and he still holds a decent value in the market, at least if he goes to Saudi. The spat with Klopp yesterday isn’t a reason to sell him or get rid, that he’s found himself on the bench repeatedly during this poor run is, though, and it’s a sign he’s no longer the player he once was. It may only be a blip - you’d back him to find form again - but it’s not the first period of poor form over the last few years, is it? It’s not the first time he’s ended a season wearing an invisibility cloak, is it?

With regards to the personal life, I think it’s more applicable to our working lives than our personal lives. If I vented my frustrations towards/about my boss in that way and then poured fuel on the fire when I’ve had time to cool down, I’d expect a few people telling me I’m out of order the next day. I wouldn’t expect people to be saying it happens all the time, you’ve done nothing wrong.

Spot on.

The stuff about everyone having rows in their personal lives is another mad comparison as well in a thread full of them. Well yeah, of course we do all have rows in our lives, but it's usually done in private. If I start arguing with my missus in public then it's a big problem. Salah and Klopp and plenty of others will have rows in private  - that's normal. It's not the same when it happens when you're being asked by your manager to come on and help us in the game and you have all the cameras on you.

And even after all that, he still had the chance to defuse the situation (like Klopp tried to do) and decided to go the other way.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30094 on: April 28, 2024, 02:01:01 pm »
and what if he doesn't want to leave? What would you do make him train with the academy?

Then our hands are tied. But I think we have to try to shift him, in a respectful way of course.

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
« Reply #30095 on: April 28, 2024, 02:08:51 pm »
Captains don't win you game.  Trent ain't world class, he is a shit defender and cannot play midfield correctly...he is good as a player to have in the team specially for his passing range.  Virgil unfortunately is no longer consistent for a defender.

Right, so you haven't got a clue then. Glad to know.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #30096 on: April 28, 2024, 03:01:03 pm »
Me - nothing. I don't want to see anything happen but I wasn't banging out posts on this all last night then carrying on at 8 in the morning today so I'm trying to understand where you and others are coming from because a lot of us don't get it. 

So is 'acting the dick' the reason you want him to leave?

I just want to be clear before having the argument because there are posts in this thread that seem to state that his behavior yesterday should see him kicked out the club?
It's not clear to me - because I don't share the opinion - if he'd scored 6 goals in his last 5 games but still 'acted the dick' if people would still want him kicked out the club?

People want scapegoats to blame for how the season has ended, Salah fits the bill perfectly. This other incident gives them the final excuse to throw all sorts of stuff at him
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30097 on: April 28, 2024, 03:07:21 pm »
People want scapegoats to blame for how the season has ended, Salah fits the bill perfectly. This other incident gives them the final excuse to throw all sorts of stuff at him

Absolute shite. Plenty of players have let the team down with their performances over the past 6 weeks. Salah isn't the sole scapegoat for any of that.

None of them had a go at the manager in public though.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 05:30:56 pm by decosabute »

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World p
« Reply #30098 on: April 28, 2024, 03:09:00 pm »

Mo’s behaviour yesterday is the reason “all sorts of stuff” is being thrown at him. He needs to own his own shit, the only person making “excuses” is you for his appalling behaviour.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #30099 on: April 28, 2024, 03:20:43 pm »
Absolute shite. Plenty of players have let the team down with there performances over the past 6 weeks. Salah isn't the sole scapegoat for any of that.

None of them had a go at the manager in public though.

You are the worst example of people who have basically decided everything is completely about Salah. Never mind that so many other players are out of sorts, and have been for a few weeks also. When we are getting the same problem about a number of players in the same position, it kind of hints that there are problems throughout the team. It's why blaming one player is so senseless. It's a team issue and not just about only Salah.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Le Westalero

• Main Stander
  • You can count on Jürgen Norbert Klopp
« Reply #30100 on: April 28, 2024, 03:22:55 pm »
He has contributed nothing in 2024? Considering he was injured and away to the African Cup, that leaves 1 and 1/2 month for 2024. Yet, in that period he was still our most prolific striker.

A good game against Newcastle. A good half against Brentford. A good game against Sparta Prague.

Besides that a penalty scored at Old Trafford and away to Atalanta. And a goal against Brighton where he should have had 1,2 or 3 more?

Diaz has a way better 2024 than Salah. You'd expect much, much more of Salah.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #30101 on: April 28, 2024, 03:26:58 pm »
At this stage I find it almost impossible to imagine him being offered a new contract anyway (which has very little to do with yesterday), so he will likely either be off for fee this summer  or on a free the following one, the nonsense yesterday would make me a bit keener to offload this summer than next though.

With Slot seemingly wanting to up our pressing intensity, I find it hard to see where this version of Mo fits into that approach, and after yesterday I could envisage him being a problem next year if he is dropped or he needs his minutes managed.

We could do without that drama with a new manager in place who doesn't have Klopp's big reputation to protect him from that kind of BS, and the feeding frenzy that would result from it.

Depends on what Mo wants to do in the end of the day though, if he wants to see out his contract again there isn't much the club can do about it.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #30102 on: April 28, 2024, 03:31:32 pm »

😁
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30103 on: April 28, 2024, 04:06:15 pm »
A shame it wasn't sorted in dressing room as Klopp believed, Salah had to carry it on when he walked through the media zone

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #30104 on: April 28, 2024, 04:18:30 pm »
All players fall out with their manager. Old timers will recall the rift between Tommy smith and Shankly because he wasnt playing. I think when they all have a sleep and come back in then things look different. I don’t agree with what Salah did but then whilst he isn’t playing he probably thinks why the fk are you not putting me in. Maybe he needs to stay in the team to get his rhythm back. Whatever it is I think he is the type of person who would like to work with a new manager and so I can probably see him staying next season unless a big offer comes in the summer.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #30105 on: April 28, 2024, 05:01:27 pm »
He'll be gone in the summer. It's got nothing to do with yesterday, but it's inevitable after last summers Saudi bid. I said to my mates last year that it wouldn't surprise me if a deal wasn't already agreed.

He's got 14 months left on his contract and there's no talk whatsoever of him signing a new contract. His last deal 2 years ago dragged on for months and months and there was so much talk from his agent about being paid the right amount of money etc. The silence is damning.

Ultimately, he's 32 in June and whilst im sure he could do a job for us for another year or 2, I just cant see FSG sanctioning anther mega deal for a player whose trajectory isn't on the rise.

If you look back at my posts, you'll see I love Salah. I think he's an incredible footballer and what he's done for us in the years he's been here has been remarkable.

However, yesterday he showed himself to be petulant and a bit of a dick. But it's completely out of character. He's been an absolute model professional for 7 years and has never put a foot wrong. Yesterday we saw the frustration of a serial winner who was annoyed at being on the bench, who was annoyed that this season has ended the way it has & who was annoyed at his own lack of form. I'm sure he'll regret it today and after the next game he'll do an interview and brush everything under the carpet.

There's 3 games left boys and girls, in what feels like the end of an era. An era we've all been so lucky to witness and be a part of. Lets enjoy the last few games of the season and hopefully we can see the lads get back to winning ways. 
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30106 on: April 28, 2024, 05:26:01 pm »
I am criticising Salah because I believe he acted the c*nt yesterday, both on the touchline and in the mixed zone. Nothing to do with trying to make him a scapegoat. Focus on developing your own argument rather than trying to make out that the opposing view is not valid.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30107 on: April 28, 2024, 05:39:22 pm »
Would have blown over immediately if Mo had not continued it after the game, all this media circus is on him.

Needed benching on current form, clearly his ego couldn't handle it. Fingers crossed he apologises and we move on.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30108 on: April 28, 2024, 05:40:25 pm »
He'll be gone in the summer. It's got nothing to do with yesterday, but it's inevitable after last summers Saudi bid. I said to my mates last year that it wouldn't surprise me if a deal wasn't already agreed.

He's got 14 months left on his contract and there's no talk whatsoever of him signing a new contract. His last deal 2 years ago dragged on for months and months and there was so much talk from his agent about being paid the right amount of money etc. The silence is damning.

Ultimately, he's 32 in June and whilst im sure he could do a job for us for another year or 2, I just cant see FSG sanctioning anther mega deal for a player whose trajectory isn't on the rise.

If you look back at my posts, you'll see I love Salah. I think he's an incredible footballer and what he's done for us in the years he's been here has been remarkable.

However, yesterday he showed himself to be petulant and a bit of a dick. But it's completely out of character. He's been an absolute model professional for 7 years and has never put a foot wrong. Yesterday we saw the frustration of a serial winner who was annoyed at being on the bench, who was annoyed that this season has ended the way it has & who was annoyed at his own lack of form. I'm sure he'll regret it today and after the next game he'll do an interview and brush everything under the carpet.

There's 3 games left boys and girls, in what feels like the end of an era. An era we've all been so lucky to witness and be a part of. Lets enjoy the last few games of the season and hopefully we can see the lads get back to winning ways.

Good post. I think those on both sides of the argument could agree with a lot of that.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30109 on: April 28, 2024, 05:46:56 pm »

Could easily have been the frustration of a player knowing he might not win a major trophy again.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30110 on: April 28, 2024, 05:49:34 pm »
I am criticising Salah because I believe he acted the c*nt yesterday, both on the touchline and in the mixed zone. Nothing to do with trying to make him a scapegoat. Focus on developing your own argument rather than trying to make out that the opposing view is not valid.

Completely agree.

When some of us express annoyance at Salah for his behaviour yesterday, coming off the back of the disappointment of 6 weeks of awful form, it immediately jumps to "Salah is being made a scapegoat". Total nonsense.

He's the superstar of the team, he gets paid by far the most in the squad to be a difference maker. Players aren't created equally - Salah is the main man, so he gets a huge amount of the credit when he does well, but then also has to take criticism when he doesn't. That's just the way it is. Mo Salah and Wataru Endo are completely different in how important they are - that's why they're treated differently to each other when things are good or bad.

Of course people are disappointed when Salah goes missing, but firstly, no one has said or suggested everything is all his fault. And secondly, his extended poor form wasn't what has some people annoyed at him - it's the fact that he acted so disrespectfully in the context of not pulling his own weight.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30111 on: April 28, 2024, 05:53:03 pm »
Could easily have been the frustration of a player knowing he might not win a major trophy again.
Kiev, Paris, City's cheating, the Senegal double-whammy of AFCON and WCQ. Sure, the frustration must burn but he has a PL, CL and CWC winners' medals to look at. Hardly Harry fucking Kane.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30112 on: April 28, 2024, 05:57:46 pm »

If he had the same line of thinking back in January it might have been a different outcome. Egypt came first again.

I am grateful for what he has done but Its very hard not be pissed off with him. He was our main man and never came to the party and to make matters worse he does that yesterday to make it look like we've had a complete meltdown. As great as he was, was he reaching the same heights with another manager? I'm not sure. Klopp didn't deserve that with only 3 games left. Thanks and good luck.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30113 on: April 28, 2024, 06:07:27 pm »
Hes not irreplaceable anymore, hes become predictable, his final ball which was never that good, shooting has gone. Its one of those where it suits all parties to go their own way.
Hopefully we get a decent fee and some new blood and thanks for the memories.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30114 on: April 28, 2024, 06:09:34 pm »
Hes not irreplaceable anymore, hes become predictable, his final ball which was never that good, shooting has gone. Its one of those where it suits all parties to go their own way.
Hopefully we get a decent fee and some new blood and thanks for the memories.
::)

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30116 on: April 28, 2024, 07:00:33 pm »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1784595383328682029

Looks like no huggy time, wars were started over less..

One of them will have to commit seppuku it's the only way.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 07:02:51 pm by Draex »

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30117 on: April 28, 2024, 07:46:00 pm »
::)
And people call Everton fans bitter!

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30118 on: April 28, 2024, 07:56:20 pm »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1784595383328682029

Looks like no huggy time, wars were started over less..

One of them will have to commit seppuku it's the only way.
Seems a bit like...

JK: "You ready to go on?"
MS:  "Sure whatevs. About fucking time"
JK:  "You don't sound ready..."
MS:  "Pfff what do you want me to say? Bit late innit" *waves arms like stroppy teen*
JK:  "You wanna go back on the bench?" *adopts Dad tone*
MS:  "Dude..." *jogs on pitch*
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 07:58:16 pm by rossipersempre »

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30119 on: April 28, 2024, 08:06:37 pm »
Salah even pulled out an old school rapid as fuck run that nearly ended in a goal towards the end.
That was a joy to watch. Sadly he wasn't flanked by Mané or Firmino, and ended up playing a shite pass to Nunez.