Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3280629 times)

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #19440 on: September 16, 2021, 06:36:32 pm »
Passed on signing him? Man Utd came in to stop him going there, he’d be at Man City now otherwise.
France Football(extremely reliable) reported that Abu Dhabi wanted him to one-up Qatar but Pep and his players didn't because he isn't a tactical fit.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19441 on: September 16, 2021, 06:38:11 pm »
he was all set to sign for them. Only reason he isn’t there is because Man Utd threw an absolutely bonkers wage at him to stop him going there.
Ronaldo has just two loves in life. Himself and money.

He's back at the Theatre of Hate because United couldn't bear the thought of him going to the Sportswash next door. He's a desperate vanity signing by a desperate club, and he only went back because they were prepared to throw silly numbers his way. All the rest is just propaganda, posturing and noise.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #19442 on: September 16, 2021, 07:50:40 pm »
Hmm, I dunno, to me it just seemed the same as the Sanchez thing. City looked into getting him, Utd jumped in and threw a lot of cash about and City just stepped back and went. 'woah, you can have him' while laughing themselves stupid.

In other words I doubt there's a scintilla of regret on their part at 'missing out'. It's just Utd getting a rush of blood to the head, acting like a billy big bollocks and then wondering why there's a smirk on everyone else's face.

This is how I saw it. As utterly despicable as the City leadership are, they're smart and know how to play games. City represented a position, United dived in, City stepped back. United ended up spending a fortune on a player they didn't need, and did nothing to sort out their midfield. City smiled and shook their head.   

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19443 on: September 16, 2021, 07:58:32 pm »
This is how I saw it. As utterly despicable as the City leadership are, they're smart and know how to play games. City represented a position, United dived in, City stepped back. United ended up spending a fortune on a player they didn't need, and did nothing to sort out their midfield. City smiled and shook their head.

City aren't that smart. If they were, they'd be getting a lot more transfers right.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19444 on: September 16, 2021, 07:59:05 pm »

He's back at the Theatre of Hate because United couldn't bear the thought of him going to the Sportswash next door. He's a desperate vanity signing by a desperate club, and he only went back because they were prepared to throw silly numbers his way. All the rest is just propaganda, posturing and noise.

Yep, spot on

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #19445 on: September 16, 2021, 08:27:19 pm »
Seeing their thread on Red Cafe about the sending off for the foul on Elliot.

Most of them don't think it was even a foul, but you can tell the (very, very) few fans on there that actually go to the game and understand football think it was a red.

That's the trouble when you have a gloryhunting set of fans that have never been to the game in their entire life.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #19446 on: September 16, 2021, 08:32:15 pm »

Most of them don't think it was even a foul, but you can tell the (very, very) few fans on there that actually go to the game and understand football think it was a red.

That's the trouble when you have a gloryhunting set of fans that have never been to the game in their entire life.

I’m sure plenty of match going Man Utd fans would say the exact same. The only reason they’ve decided it, is because of the narrative around it that was set from the moment it happened. There’s a reason why the card wasn’t rescinded -it’s because it was a reckless challenge that endangerd an opponent.  It’s not even an argument. It’s bizarre, and pathetic it has become one, but it’s only because of the team it was against. If it’d been vs some random mid table team, no one would argue it.

If the same happens to Greenwood at the weekend, it’ll be absolutely a foul and a red card.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19447 on: September 16, 2021, 08:43:42 pm »

Or kicked a ball.

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #19448 on: September 16, 2021, 09:24:32 pm »
I’m still giggling from United losing to a team called Young Boys in a stadium called the’ Wankdorf’ you couldn’t make it up it’s the funniest thing I’ve seen in years - apologies the school boy is coming out in me and that was a long time ago.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19449 on: September 16, 2021, 09:53:43 pm »
The difference is Liverpool have lots of managerial legends and whilst Kenny will hold a special place in the hearts of the club and it’s supporters for obvious reasons, the club has moved on from him in a managerial sense and is achieving similar heights of success without Kenny’s involvement in the on the pitch side of things.

The Mancs have had Busby and Ferguson, so only Ferguson in anything like recent times, and ever since he fucked off they’ve spent every waking minute desperately trying to cling on to the dominance that they enjoyed in the 90s and 00s, desperately trying to convince anyone whose listening that they’re still that same club, which is a big part of the reason as to why they threw a hundred million at Pogba, or 500k a week on Ronaldo.

Manchester United haven’t moved on from Ferguson, they’ve clung onto the memory of his tenure like Trump shouting ‘stop the count’ because despite the insane amounts of money spent and bravado shown since he left, they have, at best, maintained they’re standing as one of England’s top clubs but not one of its best teams, they’ve made poor choice after poor choice in a recruitment sense (both on the field, off it and in the dugout) to the point that they’ve given a blank check book to the man that relegated Cardiff because he’s yet another reminder of the successful days of yore.

The reality is that whilst Manchester United will remain a powerhouse of a football club in terms of size and finances for some time to come, their  presence in terms of influence on the pitch traditionally always sat a rung below Liverpool, Milan, Madrid etc and Ferguson’s eventual retirement and United’s subsequent decline is more of a return to the mean than a it is a blip and their club and supporters are still unable to understand that.

Keeping Ferguson around is the only way they know how to keep those days which are long since gone in their current psyche. Long may it continue because it prevents them from moving on and developing something fresh and new, which they have the resources to do but of course that would mean the understanding of a new development plan and the realisation that they won’t be in the hunt for the title for a bit which doesn’t compute with the loons down the East Lancs. The irony of course being that every season they waste trying to be the galacticos of the North West is another season where they’ll be nowhere near the top honours, but throwing 100 million at the issue every summer and the press dubbing them title challengers because they’re near to the top in November is usually enough to throw the thick twats off the scent.
Didnt Busby try and run stuff behind the season after he retired also?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #19450 on: September 16, 2021, 10:22:34 pm »
Fletch wasn't it, he's usually the one kissing utds arse

'Fletch' What a gobshite he is. Fletch and fucking Sav. Pair of Mollies introducing themselves by their nicknames. Men of the people. One of us! FFS
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19451 on: September 16, 2021, 10:31:08 pm »
The only reason why City wanted him was to increase their fanbase. Not for his football abilities. He would look lost in Guardiola's tactics and the way they play.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19452 on: September 16, 2021, 10:35:03 pm »
The only reason why City wanted him was to increase their fanbase. Not for his football abilities. He would look lost in Guardiola's tactics and the way they play.

Exactly this. 300 million insta followers and a nice way to massage income from shirt sales.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19453 on: September 16, 2021, 10:36:39 pm »
Apparently poor Ronnie had to move mansions because the sheep at the first one got up waaay too early and, gallingly, were much better organized on defense than the first team. No official word yet on their stance on dessert but rumor has it this was probably really the major issue. Constantly scarfing clover and fallen pears and apples, Ronnie just lost it at one point and testicle wafted the whole herd while blasting a little old school Ged at them "Eat the grass, whose eating the Fucking grass?". Then later in the barn the bitter head shaking and clear disgust betrayed by his quick selfie film posted immediately on Tik-tok with the title "These fucking sheep, man!" -it was pretty apparent there was no way back.

:D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19454 on: September 16, 2021, 10:44:28 pm »

Spot on lad

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #19455 on: September 16, 2021, 10:50:31 pm »
You do have to worry a little bit, that if they got a dart , and threw it at a list of people paid to manage football teams, they'd struggle to hit one worse than the ones they've appointed this century.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #19456 on: September 16, 2021, 11:08:36 pm »

Hang on, they've got a thread devoted to a red card for a Liverpool player? :o
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #19457 on: September 16, 2021, 11:32:35 pm »
gjgfjhg-1" border="0

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19458 on: September 16, 2021, 11:39:26 pm »
I’m still giggling from United losing to a team called Young Boys in a stadium called the’ Wankdorf’ you couldn’t make it up it’s the funniest thing I’ve seen in years - apologies the school boy is coming out in me and that was a long time ago.
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #19459 on: September 16, 2021, 11:55:11 pm »
But how could they not win against an inconsequential Swiss team with he who fannies about and dives around in the team, it's just not possible is it?....................
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline indianscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #19460 on: September 16, 2021, 11:56:30 pm »
Seeing some reports again linking Zidane to be their manager. God bless Ole, and may he be at their club for the next 20 years, but Zidane would be a trrific appointment. Better still Zidane to come out of retirement and join Ronaldo for one last hurrah. I say why not  ;D!

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19461 on: September 17, 2021, 12:42:02 am »
Seeing some reports again linking Zidane to be their manager. God bless Ole, and may he be at their club for the next 20 years, but Zidane would be a trrific appointment. Better still Zidane to come out of retirement and join Ronaldo for one last hurrah. I say why not  ;D!
They need somebody who knows how the build a team. Zidane never proved he really done that, he came into a star studded team at Madrid and made some tactically adjustments to maximize the talent. He would have do much more then that. They need somebody to build the foundation of the house instead of come in and repair/make changes to the house.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19462 on: September 17, 2021, 02:30:49 am »
I didn't even know which nation Young Boy belong to..
Believer

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19463 on: September 17, 2021, 03:36:08 am »
Was reading OGS comments coming out of his most recent press conference and he was saying that he doesn't understand the hysteria around their loss to Young Boys.

He thinks the press doesn't get it and should ease up because and I quote he and the team went out with "good intentions".  Hahahahahahahahaha...what a clown.

I'm sure murderers say the same thing about their start to the day.

Something else funny that might have already been mentioned was that apparently Ronaldo has banned the team from eating dessert. haha  He was probably looking Shaw dead in the eye as he was making his declaration to the lunch lady.   ;D

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #19464 on: September 17, 2021, 08:38:24 am »
Apparently poor Ronnie had to move mansions because the sheep at the first one got up waaay too early and, gallingly, were much better organized on defense than the first team. No official word yet on their stance on dessert but rumor has it this was probably really the major issue. Constantly scarfing clover and fallen pears and apples, Ronnie just lost it at one point and testicle wafted the whole herd while blasting a little old school Ged at them "Eat the grass, whose eating the Fucking grass?". Then later in the barn the bitter head shaking and clear disgust betrayed by his quick selfie film posted immediately on Tik-tok with the title "These fucking sheep, man!" -it was pretty apparent there was no way back.

Ha ha. Good to see the arl crack cocaine still in plentiful supply in Canuck country!!

:lmao :lmao

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #19465 on: September 17, 2021, 08:40:36 am »
Another one for the Rawk Meltdown thread  Another deluded scouser talking about the Anfield atmosphere ;D  https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/09/16/i-have-never-heard-peter-schmeichel-stunned-by-liverpool-fans-against-ac-milan/

Oh boy. Is that so sweet. Great find Albie lad.

;

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19466 on: September 17, 2021, 09:30:18 am »
That Dessert story is actually true. I thought it was a piss take !  Lee Grant (their 3rd choice keeper) said it in an in interview. They were all sitting on the Friday night and Ronaldo went first for his food, he didn't take dessert so not one single player took Dessert hahahahahah. They sound like a bunch of 12 year old school kids following around the good looking teacher and doing what she does to try to impress her and get her to sit beside them.
Ameteur hour over there it seems

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #19467 on: September 17, 2021, 09:41:26 am »
That Dessert story is actually true. I thought it was a piss take !  Lee Grant (their 3rd choice keeper) said it in an in interview. They were all sitting on the Friday night and Ronaldo went first for his food, he didn't take dessert so not one single player took Dessert hahahahahah. They sound like a bunch of 12 year old school kids following around the good looking teacher and doing what she does to try to impress her and get her to sit beside them.

Wonder where it'll stop.

"Ronnie only pees twice a day, lads. We have to hold it in"
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19468 on: September 17, 2021, 09:57:19 am »
Why are they eating like they are in a school canteen?

I was under the impression a player would have his nutrition carefully balanced for him.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19469 on: September 17, 2021, 09:58:15 am »
Why are they eating like they are in a school canteen?

I was under the impression a player would have his nutrition carefully balanced for him.

A bowl of crumble in each hand for Luke. Perfectly balanced.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #19470 on: September 17, 2021, 10:00:11 am »

The sort of double I'm interested in. Especially with custard.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19471 on: September 17, 2021, 10:51:22 am »

This sounds oddly specific.  Is this a small insight into the awakening of your man hood? ;D

I wonder what they did when he got to the drinks trolley?  Water only?  What a bunch of weak minded characters they have.  What they'd do for a young Roy Keane to straighten them out.

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #19472 on: September 17, 2021, 11:09:32 am »

:lmao
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19473 on: September 17, 2021, 11:12:34 am »
The sort of double I'm interested in. Especially with custard.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #19474 on: September 17, 2021, 11:13:32 am »
as it should be..
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19475 on: September 17, 2021, 11:34:20 am »
There is going to be a weird cult for him but he will be a good influence on the team. They have been too unprofessional for too long. Look at what they were all eating when that menu order got sent round last year.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #19476 on: September 17, 2021, 11:40:16 am »
Good job none of them are on international duties with our mo. No dessert and no bread. Might as well not bother turning up for meals.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19477 on: September 17, 2021, 11:49:43 am »
This sounds oddly specific.  Is this a small insight into the awakening of your man hood? ;D

I wonder what they did when he got to the drinks trolley?  Water only?  What a bunch of weak minded characters they have.  What they'd do for a young Roy Keane to straighten them out.

It actually is you know  :)
My son now goes to the school I used to go to. And one of my old teachers is still there and now his teacher. Back in the day I thought she was beautiful, she's even better looking now !  any chance to go into the school for an open night or parents evening, I'm there.
Anyway where was I. Oh aye. Utd. Shite

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19478 on: September 17, 2021, 11:56:43 am »

;D Your work needs to go in a football museum

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19479 on: September 17, 2021, 11:57:13 am »

;D
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI