Author Topic: Sony PlayStation 4  (Read 506486 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sony PlayStation 4
« Reply #8480 on: September 24, 2019, 08:27:33 pm »
State of Play starts at 9pm tonight and you can watch it on Youtube.

Expecting a release date for TLOU2 and a new Batman game from WB Montreal.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 08:33:35 pm by AndyMuller »

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #8481 on: September 24, 2019, 10:31:30 pm »
The last of us and MLB 19 the show October psn games
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 10:38:11 pm by Casta »
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8482 on: September 25, 2019, 06:00:41 am »
The last of us and MLB 19 the show October psn games

Made up MLB is getting a bit of recognition. Boss game if you’re even remotely interested in baseball.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8483 on: September 25, 2019, 06:43:25 am »
Made up MLB is getting a bit of recognition. Boss game if you’re even remotely interested in baseball.

Have always been tempted so will definitely give it a go for free, although it looks like the career mode is incredibly deep which almost puts me off, as I just don’t have enough time for lots of gaming these days!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8484 on: September 25, 2019, 12:50:48 pm »
Have always been tempted so will definitely give it a go for free, although it looks like the career mode is incredibly deep which almost puts me off, as I just don’t have enough time for lots of gaming these days!
Try playing the Road to the Show mode mate. You create a player and play only as him, starting through the minors.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8485 on: September 25, 2019, 04:52:51 pm »
Try playing the Road to the Show mode mate. You create a player and play only as him, starting through the minors.

Sounds good! Nearing the end of a season on F1 2019 so once that’s done I’ll hive it a go.
"We come here for the winning!"

Online PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8486 on: September 26, 2019, 11:16:11 am »
Honestly the PS4 has been such a good console, much much better than the PS3 for me, I have loved mine.

This coming months free games are good, always wanted to try MLB and will be wanting to re-run TLOU before 2 comes out

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8487 on: October 2, 2019, 08:16:01 am »
I got a email from Sony saying my ps now subscription has gone down from  12.99 to 8.99 a month and recurring yearly subscriptions are going from 84.99 to .49.99.

Also said God Of War  GTA V, Unchartered 4 and Infamous Son 2 are out today until January 20th.

I might cancel my subscription and get the new recurring price at 49 quid.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8488 on: October 22, 2019, 10:27:59 am »
Whats the best deal on 12 months playstation plus at the moment? Shopto are doing it for £39.99

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #8489 on: October 22, 2019, 12:26:20 pm »
Whats the best deal on 12 months playstation plus at the moment? Shopto are doing it for £39.99

I usually go through CDkeys

They currently have it for £39.79. But if you sign up through facebook you get an extra 5% off bringing it down to £37.78

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8490 on: October 22, 2019, 01:19:22 pm »
I usually go through CDkeys

They currently have it for £39.79. But if you sign up through facebook you get an extra 5% off bringing it down to £37.78

Cheers.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8491 on: October 23, 2019, 11:58:46 am »
Anyone planning on picking up Outer Worlds? Got good reviews.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8492 on: October 23, 2019, 01:59:15 pm »
Anyone planning on picking up Outer Worlds? Got good reviews.

I’m going to eventually but already got CoD, Death Stranding and Star Wars on pre-order so need to pace myself.

Hate the fact it’s not fully open world though and is a 40 hour game at max.
Was hoping it’d be more Fallout in space.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #8493 on: October 31, 2019, 06:46:13 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tCI396HyhbQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tCI396HyhbQ</a>

BTW Kojima is in London on Saturday to help promote the game, my friend is coming down to stay the weekend at mine and we'll camp out together in Camden for about a 6 hour queue :lmao

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #8494 on: November 1, 2019, 06:44:00 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tCI396HyhbQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tCI396HyhbQ</a>

BTW Kojima is in London on Saturday to help promote the game, my friend is coming down to stay the weekend at mine and we'll camp out together in Camden for about a 6 hour queue :lmao
Gonna have to pass on it, based on the reviews and the footage I've seen of the game.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8495 on: December 3, 2019, 09:22:05 pm »
Resident Evil 3 Remake cover art has leaked on the PS store. Expect an announcement shortly.

Nemesis!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #8496 on: January 15, 2020, 07:53:23 am »
The Uncharted collection (and Goat Simulator!  :D) is a cracking start to this year's PS Plus free games.

Never played an Uncharted before. Only a couple hours into the first one but I went in expecting a Tomb Raider but you can see the quality that led to the Last of Us (even if the gunfighting is woeful)

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8497 on: January 15, 2020, 09:23:23 am »
The Uncharted collection (and Goat Simulator!  :D) is a cracking start to this year's PS Plus free games.

Never played an Uncharted before. Only a couple hours into the first one but I went in expecting a Tomb Raider but you can see the quality that led to the Last of Us (even if the gunfighting is woeful)

Uncharted is amazing!!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #8498 on: January 15, 2020, 10:03:36 am »
Goat Simulator is the most fun I've ever had for about an hour or so, then it gets tiresome pretty quick.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8499 on: January 15, 2020, 11:33:16 am »
Jealous of the people getting Uncharted collection free and playing it for the first time, amazing games with a fun story :)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #8500 on: January 15, 2020, 12:39:24 pm »
Resident Evil 3 Remake cover art has leaked on the PS store. Expect an announcement shortly.

Nemesis!

It amuses me that I didn’t have a console since the PS1 (my favourite game being RE2) and then 20 years later I get back into gaming by buying a PS4 and the remake has been my favourite game on it that I’ve owned. Looking forward to the 3rd!

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #8501 on: January 15, 2020, 01:35:49 pm »

I have mixed feelings about Uncharted but I will say just blitz your way through the first one as quick as possible. It’s aged so badly that it’s basically a poorly made PS2 game at this point. The other two are much, much better.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8502 on: January 16, 2020, 09:25:43 am »
I have mixed feelings about Uncharted but I will say just blitz your way through the first one as quick as possible. It’s aged so badly that it’s basically a poorly made PS2 game at this point. The other two are much, much better.

Is 1 skippable?

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #8503 on: January 16, 2020, 01:44:41 pm »
Is 1 skippable?
I personally didn't, but if you're strapped for time I would consider skipping it. In which case you could probably just watch the cutscenes on YouTube or something, maybe just read a brief summary of what little plot there is.

I remember the actual exploring and stuff being fine. It's the combat where the first Uncharted is frustrating. Wave after wave of enemies. It all depends how annoying you find that. I think it takes about 7-8 hours to complete.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8504 on: January 16, 2020, 08:10:51 pm »
I personally didn't, but if you're strapped for time I would consider skipping it. In which case you could probably just watch the cutscenes on YouTube or something, maybe just read a brief summary of what little plot there is.

I remember the actual exploring and stuff being fine. It's the combat where the first Uncharted is frustrating. Wave after wave of enemies. It all depends how annoying you find that. I think it takes about 7-8 hours to complete.

Ta. What I'm finding jarring right now is the aiming - seems to be zero reliable lock on or anything, aiming with a Dualshock is difficult enough but I can do it. Just so far, seems a bit annoying for gunfights, aiming seems sluggish and if there is any lockon (I mean, I don't need a LOT) it doesn't kick in much.

Gunfights not fun in other words :/

I think I'll plow on a bit more. I love so much about it! And gameplay vids of the next two, wow, I'm saving myself for them now. But it's showing its age, the first one.

A bit like going back to GTA4 after GTAV. I can appreciate so much of what's there, but there's so many quality-of-life improvements in games since then that it can be a bit jarring to go back in time.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8505 on: January 16, 2020, 08:27:02 pm »
Cyberpunk delayed until September.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8506 on: January 16, 2020, 09:49:29 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8507 on: January 16, 2020, 09:52:34 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's what I love about them,they just refuse to release a game until it's perfect.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8508 on: January 17, 2020, 12:52:10 am »

The morning I pre-order the fucking thing aswell! 😂

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8509 on: January 17, 2020, 07:46:14 am »
It's what I love about them,they just refuse to release a game until it's perfect.

;D It is admirable to be fair, in an age of paid-for patches, broken games shipping, and microtransactions.

Reading their statement the really impressive thing is it's fully playable and working right now - so between now and September, it's polish & tweaking

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #8510 on: January 17, 2020, 08:27:33 am »

All your fault.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #8511 on: January 17, 2020, 03:17:25 pm »
Out of interest, why do that though? GTA aside, games don't sell out on day one surely?

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8512 on: January 17, 2020, 03:23:13 pm »

Honestly think this is good news.

I'd be happy to wait until next march if it means it lives up to the hype.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8513 on: January 17, 2020, 06:34:14 pm »
Horizon Zero Down is allegedly coming to PC soon. I wonder if all PS exclusives will make the way over to PC? If that’s the case I might use PC next gen and swerve the PS5.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8514 on: January 19, 2020, 09:07:35 am »
Horizon Zero Down is allegedly coming to PC soon. I wonder if all PS exclusives will make the way over to PC? If that’s the case I might use PC next gen and swerve the PS5.

I think Sony are looking into releasing more games on PC. But i don't see it as the same strategy MS have with 1st party launch games. Horizon is a 3 year old game and the generation is almost over. If they can make more money off pc storefronts and generate hype for the next HZD then it's a no brainer. Which is what it looks like to me, especially if HZD2 is a launch game for PS5.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8515 on: January 19, 2020, 01:09:56 pm »
I think Sony are looking into releasing more games on PC. But i don't see it as the same strategy MS have with 1st party launch games. Horizon is a 3 year old game and the generation is almost over. If they can make more money off pc storefronts and generate hype for the next HZD then it's a no brainer. Which is what it looks like to me, especially if HZD2 is a launch game for PS5.

Speaking of launch games for PS5.

Rumours going around today that the long forgotten Deep Down is going to be a PS5 launch game and console exclusive. The original trailer looked very much like a ‘next gen’ game as it was and one I was massively looking forward to, so hoping the rumours are true personally.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8516 on: February 4, 2020, 06:32:40 am »
Bioshock the Collection is free this month, along with The Sims 4. Can’t imagine playing The Sims on a console but will definitely check out Bioshock.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8517 on: February 4, 2020, 12:51:10 pm »
Bioshock the Collection is free this month, along with The Sims 4. Can’t imagine playing The Sims on a console but will definitely check out Bioshock.

Bioshock infinite is by far my favourite game on the PS3 and the remaster for the PS4 is just as good

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8518 on: April 28, 2020, 04:08:44 pm »
Is it just me who feels like Sony are slacking with releasing new information about the upcoming PS5 and games compared to Microsoft? I feel like its still sort of a mystery and its due for release towards the end of the year!

I bet The Last of Us 2 leaks will hit sales hard for that game aswell.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8519 on: April 28, 2020, 04:41:58 pm »
Is it just me who feels like Sony are slacking with releasing new information about the upcoming PS5 and games compared to Microsoft? I feel like its still sort of a mystery and its due for release towards the end of the year!

I bet The Last of Us 2 leaks will hit sales hard for that game aswell.

Well Microsoft made the mistake with the release of the Xbox one by pushing 'always online' DRM and attempting to kill the pre-owned market.

It does pay to keep some cards close to the chest.

Sony so far appear to be going for fast data transfer speeds over graphics.

Plus wouldn't be surprised if both houses postpone 6-12 months and have a proper launch