Author Topic: Sony PlayStation 4  (Read 506499 times)

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Re: Sony PlayStation 4
« Reply #8440 on: August 2, 2019, 03:58:34 pm »
How is it that the past 2 years when my PS Plus has ran out I’ve bought it from cdkeys and it hasn’t automatically took the funds from my wallet for buying from PlayStation themselves but this year it has? Pretty sure the past 2 years I’ve had automatic renewal turned off!

Cdkeys has been getting a lot of bad press lately, justifiably, so maybe related to that?

edit, it was g2a that was getting the bad press, think cdkeys is similarly as dodgy though?
« Last Edit: August 2, 2019, 04:01:59 pm by BER »

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8441 on: August 2, 2019, 04:56:25 pm »
Cdkeys has been getting a lot of bad press lately, justifiably, so maybe related to that?

edit, it was g2a that was getting the bad press, think cdkeys is similarly as dodgy though?

No its not. Keys from g2a were getting subsequently banned. Afaik cdkeys hasn't had that issue.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #8442 on: August 2, 2019, 05:55:44 pm »
Never had any issue with CDkeys

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8443 on: August 2, 2019, 08:53:55 pm »
CDkeys is not the issue. Sony have taken £49.99 when the past 2 years my Plus just ran out and I had to manually renew.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8444 on: August 2, 2019, 11:48:25 pm »
I know when I've bought a membership from cdkeys in the past like a ps plus sub, your sub automatically renews if you renew after its lapsed. So they switch auto renew on again and if you have your cc stored then it'll just auto renew. You gotta be careful as they pull them little stunts

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8445 on: August 6, 2019, 12:48:14 am »
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1156088704437542913 PS4 past the 100 million mark a few days ago.

The all-time list.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8446 on: August 7, 2019, 01:41:10 am »
More than double the Xbox One. Sony have been dominant this generation.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #8447 on: August 8, 2019, 07:05:08 pm »
More than double the Xbox One. Sony have been dominant this generation.

I'm glad. I missed the PSone but came back for the PS2 slim and the PS3 "slim" and the PS4 Pro (not slim)

Microsoft don't need much admiration.

But kudos to the pair of em for uniting for this new streaming project

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #8448 on: August 9, 2019, 06:30:37 am »
Did we really have only 3 consoles released in the 2010s and none after 2013?

PS4, Nintendo 3DS and XBox One?!?

WOW. I did not expect that.

Having said that, if Sony wants to recapture that market, they have to get the pricing for PS5 absolutely spot on. I got a Whatsapp forward with rumours of 3 variants costing $499, $799 and $999 for the PS5. Its probably fake news. So will spare the junk off here.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #8449 on: August 9, 2019, 11:13:09 am »

Having said that, if Sony wants to recapture that market, they have to get the pricing for PS5 absolutely spot on. I got a Whatsapp forward with rumours of 3 variants costing $499, $799 and $999 for the PS5. Its probably fake news. So will spare the junk off here.
Nintendo Switch was after 2013.  I guess the Wii U was maybe in the 2010's too.  As was PS Vita

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8450 on: August 9, 2019, 01:04:07 pm »
All AAA studios including Sonys own in house team are only working on PS5 titles now, with any also releasing on PS4 being ports, so I reckon there’ll be some news RE: release dates ect pretty soon.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #8451 on: August 9, 2019, 01:48:39 pm »
Can we expect game prices for the PS4 to go down significantly once the PS5 is announced? This is the console that got me back into games, hope Sony keep up the good work.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8452 on: August 9, 2019, 02:13:17 pm »
It does look like from a gaming perspective heading towards the higher end PC gaming territory for the PS5 and Xbox 2.

4K (with 8K for pro/X version down the line), 60fps as standard, advanced Ray tracing graphics (looks like heading down a AMD/Ryzen route), quicker SSD.

It's all about where the gimmicks are. If Sony go with backwards compatibility, push VR gaming, 4K Blu-ray drive then I think they can afford to price higher.

I think Microsoft will go down an exclusive Steam/streaming route and dump disk based gaming. They have trialled a digital only Xbox one s. So can be more aggressive in terms of price.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8453 on: August 9, 2019, 04:46:18 pm »
The digital only xbox one s didn’t really go down very well due to the small storage they put on it and from all reports, the next gen of console is aiming for 120 fps as standard.

Going to be an expensive generation IMO.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8454 on: August 10, 2019, 01:51:07 pm »

You got the Switch which just missed out where I cropped the list hah.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8455 on: August 19, 2019, 09:28:32 pm »
Sony have bought Insomniac.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8456 on: August 20, 2019, 10:17:58 pm »

Sony sure have an impressive line-up of developers under their roofs. Word is they might acquire finnish studio Remedy in the future too. The team behind Max Payne, Alan Wake and Quantum Break.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8457 on: August 20, 2019, 10:24:28 pm »
Insomniac have always been a pretty loyal Sony developer.

Ratchet and clank and Spyro were basically Sonic and Mario to the Sony after Crash Bandicoot.

Spiderman being one of my all time favourite games on the PS4 and cannot wait to see them bring a sequel or a possible set of exclusive launch titles for the PS5

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8458 on: August 24, 2019, 12:17:03 pm »

Makes total sense now given the split with Disney. Sony (whose side I take here) just shoring up SpiderMan for the future.  Given the game sold insane amounts, it's good business sense, and since they can control their Spidey films now.... job's a good 'un

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #8459 on: August 28, 2019, 05:00:20 pm »
Arkham Knight and Darksiders 3 as next months PS plus offerings

I was just talking about how much I enjoyed Arkham Knight recently again, but surely anyone who would have really wanted it would have bought it by now?? Oh well

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8460 on: September 2, 2019, 03:29:59 pm »
Never played any of the Batman games besides Batman Returns for the SNES. My colleagues are raving about Arkham Knight so will give it a shot

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8461 on: September 2, 2019, 03:54:29 pm »
Never played any of the Batman games besides Batman Returns for the SNES. My colleagues are raving about Arkham Knight so will give it a shot

All three in the series are fun.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8462 on: September 2, 2019, 04:48:12 pm »

All three in the series are fun.

City is the best for me, I hate Knight's Batmobile

All boss games though. Hit a spot, for sure. What was the other one, Origins or something? I liked that cause the enemies regenerated, so I flew around Gotham finding fellas to deck!

... And in the game as well  ;D

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8463 on: September 2, 2019, 09:20:34 pm »
City----->Asylum--------------------------------->Knight

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #8464 on: September 10, 2019, 11:38:28 am »
Been smashing the FF8 remaster - it is excellent!

Also - Greedfall looks amazing AND apparently on the week of the 23rd there is a big SONY announcement suspected to be PS5 which is rumored to be out early 2020.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8465 on: September 10, 2019, 03:10:42 pm »

Also - Greedfall looks amazing AND apparently on the week of the 23rd there is a big SONY announcement suspected to be PS5 which is rumored to be out early 2020.
They will release the PS5 in the last quarter of 2020, i'm guessing E3 will be heavily PS5 release games on show.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8466 on: September 10, 2019, 04:03:55 pm »

I've heard the announcement will be something regarding TLOU.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8467 on: September 10, 2019, 08:34:37 pm »

Early 2020 seems way too early

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8468 on: September 10, 2019, 10:16:32 pm »
It's going to be a who blinks 1st loses

By holding back their PS4 announcement after Microsoft announced the XBox One, Sony managed to rub in all that bad PR about not passing on 2nd hand games and 'always online' security checks.

This feels more about price and release date for this generation. Specs are going to be pretty much the same between them. Backwards compatibility will also be a big winner this time round

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #8469 on: September 12, 2019, 01:04:16 pm »
From Tokyo Game Show

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9FzoQxXbCJI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9FzoQxXbCJI</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wG0iFysW-kc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wG0iFysW-kc</a>

The first video is a 7 min cutscene from near the start of the game and is quite spoilery so don't watch if you're concerned about that. The acting is top notch though, surpassing the Uncanny Valley a lot of other games lead into.

The 50 min gameplay video is in Japanese with Kojima commenting on things, so you won't be spoiled too much and its easy to kind of understand whats going on.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8470 on: September 12, 2019, 01:48:39 pm »
So finally filled up my 2TB of internal storage and 2TB of External storage. RDR2 taking up 100GB sent it over the edge. Looks like I will have to get a 4-6TB external as my next purchase

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8471 on: September 12, 2019, 09:25:12 pm »
From Tokyo Game Show

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9FzoQxXbCJI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9FzoQxXbCJI</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wG0iFysW-kc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wG0iFysW-kc</a>

The first video is a 7 min cutscene from near the start of the game and is quite spoilery so don't watch if you're concerned about that. The acting is top notch though, surpassing the Uncanny Valley a lot of other games lead into.

The 50 min gameplay video is in Japanese with Kojima commenting on things, so you won't be spoiled too much and its easy to kind of understand whats going on.

I honestly don't know how this will turn out.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8472 on: September 13, 2019, 12:59:02 am »
Looks like a massive Kojima vanity project, I'm still in the dark as to the actual premise of the game.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8473 on: September 13, 2019, 07:50:34 am »
I get the premise of the game, I think from watching someone else play it you dont really get a feel for it. I think I'd need to experience it for myself.

It's getting a lot of flak because it isnt shooty bang bang. There are other ways to experience a video game, games like LiS or what remains of edith finch. Stuff like journey.

So I'm still intrigued, the level of realism is huge and it seems like with the asynchronous gameplay you can go beyond what you would normally be able to achieve. Other people leaving things in the game world for you to find, to help you. It's about reconnecting the UCA but I think for me beyond that it's about reconnecting with video games, I have grown tired of alot of genre's and this seems new and refreshing.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8474 on: September 13, 2019, 08:35:48 am »
I think it was one of the Final fantasy games that came out on the Playstation 2 (maybe FFX). That felt like they got everything they possibly could out of the Playstation 2 technology at the time. You kind of got the feeling that there were 2 paths. Delay and wait for the PS3 and the technology or ship a game that told they world that this is the peak of what is possible and that there is no possibility of making a better looking and feeling game.

This has the same feeling to me. This could have easily waited for the PS5 release (not like Kojima hasn't delayed a game before) but instead its going to show that this is where we are at with the PS4.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8475 on: September 13, 2019, 09:29:21 am »
No matter what that game turns out to be like it's going to be loved an insane amount due to who has made it and the hype around it. Absolutely no idea what the game is about

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #8476 on: September 13, 2019, 12:05:44 pm »
I think it was one of the Final fantasy games that came out on the Playstation 2 (maybe FFX). That felt like they got everything they possibly could out of the Playstation 2 technology at the time. You kind of got the feeling that there were 2 paths. Delay and wait for the PS3 and the technology or ship a game that told they world that this is the peak of what is possible and that there is no possibility of making a better looking and feeling game.

This has the same feeling to me. This could have easily waited for the PS5 release (not like Kojima hasn't delayed a game before) but instead its going to show that this is where we are at with the PS4.

Yep it feels like Death Stranding, the FF7 Remake, and probably Red Dead Redemption 2 are the peak of what these consoles can do, and its encouraging that the next-gen next year will start at this crazy high level.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8477 on: September 13, 2019, 01:52:17 pm »
Yep it feels like Death Stranding, the FF7 Remake, and probably Red Dead Redemption 2 are the peak of what these consoles can do, and its encouraging that the next-gen next year will start at this crazy high level.
Gears 5 on Xbox One X is probably the benchmark now tbf mate, looks incredible.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8478 on: September 13, 2019, 02:29:25 pm »
Gears 5 on Xbox One X is probably the benchmark now tbf mate, looks incredible.

Its not better looking than RDR2, Death Stranding or even Horizon ZD. They've done a great job of the lighting in Gears 5 and really well implemented HDR but outside of that it falls well short In comparison to the others.

Add FH4 to that as well.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 02:52:12 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8479 on: September 13, 2019, 10:27:07 pm »
Its not better looking than RDR2, Death Stranding or even Horizon ZD. They've done a great job of the lighting in Gears 5 and really well implemented HDR but outside of that it falls well short In comparison to the others.

Add FH4 to that as well.

Probably a bit out of left field, but I've just started playing that 'Man of Medan', and visually it's incredible.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:47:38 pm by bailey90 »