Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2611761 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs
« Reply #9960 on: February 26, 2018, 06:02:12 pm »
Mensah got lucky because he didn't have a fucking clue Kane was offside and he made a stupid tackle. Fuck me you don't half come out with utter nonsense.

That's irrelevant.  That is utter nonsense. He was offside, regardless of how lucky Mensha was or how rash his tackle was. The correct decision was given. Even Kane said so himself.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9961 on: February 26, 2018, 08:02:01 pm »
Mensah got lucky because he didn't have a fucking clue Kane was offside and he made a stupid tackle. Fuck me you don't half come out with utter nonsense.

;D

What a change in your posting style.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9962 on: February 27, 2018, 08:20:39 am »
;D

What a change in your posting style.

Haha. To be fair I was just returning the ball back to barny the same way he sent it to me.

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #9963 on: February 27, 2018, 08:25:18 am »
That's irrelevant.  That is utter nonsense. He was offside, regardless of how lucky Mensha was or how rash his tackle was. The correct decision was given. Even Kane said so himself.

How is this so hard to understand? Mensah was so lucky because he didn't have a clue Kane was offside, he lunged in with a stupid tackle and then the referee pointed to the spot. Then thelinesman raised his flag for offside and Mensahs blushes were spared.

Yes, Kane was offside but Mensah was completely unaware of this and continued playing, tackling and fouling. Hence he got lucky. It's not even like Mensah puts his hand up for offside. In that case I'd say ok he thought it was offside and was right, fair play but he was completely oblivious. Not sure what the debate is here. Yes it was offside but in that period of play Mensah made a poor tackle and was bailed out by the linesman. That was my point.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9964 on: February 27, 2018, 09:52:59 am »
So has that FA retrospective diving committee introduced at the beginning of the season been secretly disbanded now Honest ‘Arry and the English lads are doing it?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9965 on: February 27, 2018, 09:57:33 am »
So has that FA retrospective diving committee introduced at the beginning of the season been secretly disbanded now Honest ‘Arry and the English lads are doing it?

Apparently it can only take action if they successfully deceive the ref, so if they dive 1000 times and the ref see's it then they won't take any action.

Ridiculous really, but then this is the FA.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9966 on: February 27, 2018, 09:59:52 am »
I agree with that actually. I think that is the most annoying dive to me. If a player goes in to a 50/50 with a keeper they just boot it wherever to make sure the keeper doesn't get contact, but if the ball is going out for a throw in then should the contact really then result in a penalty? Doesn't make any sense.

Again it comes back to the FA for me, the point whether Spurs are told to dive by Poch, for me, is a lesser issue and I'm happy to agree to disagree. There are many common sense changes the FA could make to improve the game, but they never do. Then even when they do they fuck around with it like with VAR.

I don't know if he's telling them to dive, but it's clear that he's not telling them not to.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9967 on: February 27, 2018, 10:35:22 am »

It needs to be if the ref doesn't see it, or book them for it or give a penalty for it. But yeah it does seem to have taken a back seat because the mouth breather very blatantly dived to win a penalty against us and didn't get any punishment afterwards, and then went on to score a couple of winners in their next couple of games. Same as when he avoided it for trying to break a Man City players leg.

Horrible player.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #9968 on: February 27, 2018, 12:21:44 pm »
If any of the top 3 win the champions league and spurs finish 4 they miss out don’t they? Then just imagine arsenal win Europa league at same time while finishing 6 😄

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9969 on: February 27, 2018, 12:24:44 pm »
If any of the top 3 win the champions league and spurs finish 4 they miss out don’t they? Then just imagine arsenal win Europa league at same time while finishing 6 😄

NO. From next season there is a separate slot for the CL winners. If they have already qualified via a domestic route then the 11th ranked league champions go into group, rather than via qualifiers.

Top 4 in England auto into groups too, no qualifier.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2499801.html#/

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9970 on: February 27, 2018, 12:28:43 pm »

Nope. If any of the top 4 win the Champions League then nothing changes except that they, as winners, will be seeded in pot 1 as European Champions. The only way 4th misses out on qualifying is if 5th place wins the Champions League and Arsenal win the Europa League.

Which is not happening.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #9971 on: February 27, 2018, 12:28:49 pm »
NO. From next season there is a separate slot for the CL winners. If they have already qualified via a domestic route then the 11th ranked league champions go into group, rather than via qualifiers.

Top 4 in England auto into groups too, no qualifier.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2499801.html#/
Gutted I heard it on a podcast, the fume would be unreal 😄 That would be twice it’s happened to them.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #9972 on: February 27, 2018, 12:34:55 pm »
Why would Spurs miss out if a team that already qualifies for the CL through being top 3, wins the CL. The 4th place team would miss out if Arsenal won the Europa and whoever finishes 5th wins the CL as there would already been the maximum of 5 English teams (top 3 + europa & CL winners). Highly unlikely though.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9973 on: February 27, 2018, 01:44:44 pm »
Spurs had 4 penalty claims against Palace - all of them were rightly not given. And it’s clear that despite different circumstances, Spurs intentionally went looking for penalties. If all the publicity that they’re getting means that they will not get another penalty until the end of the season at least - maybe then they will learn that diving or intentionally went looking for a penalty does not pay after all
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9974 on: February 27, 2018, 02:38:15 pm »
Spurs had 4 penalty claims against Palace - all of them were rightly not given. And it’s clear that despite different circumstances, Spurs intentionally went looking for penalties. If all the publicity that they’re getting means that they will not get another penalty until the end of the season at least - maybe then they will learn that diving or intentionally went looking for a penalty does not pay after all

The one on Davies in the first 10 minutes should definitely have been a penalty. Got cleared out by Hennessey

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #9975 on: February 27, 2018, 02:44:12 pm »
Tommy whats the cost situation like with your new  ground? how do current projected costs match origianal?...I ask as the projected costs for Evertons new ground ( the next Hagia Sophie, St. Peters etc) is I think shy ...simply becouse of the huge complex engineering dificulties...plus  a lot of infrastrucutre costs are being picked up by the Council ( not included in gift..sorry ..'loan')

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9976 on: February 27, 2018, 02:53:56 pm »
Tommy whats the cost situation like with your new  ground? how do current projected costs match origianal?...I ask as the projected costs for Evertons new ground ( the next Hagia Sophie, St. Peters etc) is I think shy ...simply becouse of the huge complex engineering dificulties...plus  a lot of infrastrucutre costs are being picked up by the Council ( not included in gift..sorry ..'loan')

I'll be completely honest - I have absolutely no idea ;) I think costs have gone up following brexit and the like, but I wouldn't pretend to know (or understand!) the figures haha.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #9977 on: February 27, 2018, 03:17:45 pm »
I'll be completely honest - I have absolutely no idea ;) I think costs have gone up following brexit and the like, but I wouldn't pretend to know (or understand!) the figures haha.

jeez some fucking 'Abassador for Spurs' at RAWK you are!!  ;D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #9978 on: February 27, 2018, 03:23:06 pm »
It's better than asking Buttery Fluff. Then all you get is:

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9979 on: February 27, 2018, 03:41:31 pm »
original cost was meant to be £400m, latest projections range from £800m to £1bn!

Good luck Bitters!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9980 on: February 27, 2018, 03:42:44 pm »
original cost was meant to be £400m, latest projections range from £800m to £1bn!

Good luck Bitters!

As I recall there was some confusion with those figures in the press. Think I read that the £800m-£1 billion figure was for the whole project, which includes a hotel and all sorts.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #9981 on: February 27, 2018, 03:54:16 pm »
Why would Spurs miss out if a team that already qualifies for the CL through being top 3, wins the CL. The 4th place team would miss out if Arsenal won the Europa and whoever finishes 5th wins the CL as there would already been the maximum of 5 English teams (top 3 + europa & CL winners). Highly unlikely though.
Because it happened in the past mate? Chelsea won it and spurs finished 4th and got replaced. Got myself mulled up i meant if chelsea/Man u/Liverpool finished 5 and won it but it seems rules has changed.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9982 on: February 27, 2018, 03:56:42 pm »
As I recall there was some confusion with those figures in the press. Think I read that the £800m-£1 billion figure was for the whole project, which includes a hotel and all sorts.
that's fair enough, but costs appear to have nearly doubled which doesn't augur well for Everton's latest keeping up with the Jones's project
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #9983 on: February 27, 2018, 05:11:40 pm »
Because it happened in the past mate? Chelsea won it and spurs finished 4th and got replaced. Got myself mulled up i meant if chelsea/Man u/Liverpool finished 5 and won it but it seems rules has changed.

They changed the rule after that year, then after they decided the Europa League winner would get a Champions League place they changed it again to its current form.
We beat Real Madrid

Online CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9984 on: February 27, 2018, 05:39:15 pm »
The one on Davies in the first 10 minutes should definitely have been a penalty. Got cleared out by Hennessey

Closest one to actually being a pen, but still not one. The goalkeeper is pretty moving forward at a much slower speed than than Davies is -
 Davies runs into him more than vice versa. Its a coming together and one which doesn't affect Davies at all (as he has already passed the ball). It is no more a foul on Davies then it is a foul on Hennessy.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9985 on: February 27, 2018, 05:43:55 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43210300

Going to ask for the first few games to be away so they can complete the stadium on time, but all the teams have to agree to it. Premier League rules dictate that you can't play in more than 1 home stadium per season, can you imagine the jokes if one team says no and the stadium has to remain unused for a year because of it?

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9986 on: February 27, 2018, 05:46:17 pm »
can you imagine the jokes if one team says no and the stadium has to remain unused for a year because of it?

Please tell me we’ve got them
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9987 on: February 27, 2018, 05:48:17 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43210300

Going to ask for the first few games to be away so they can complete the stadium on time, but all the teams have to agree to it. Premier League rules dictate that you can't play in more than 1 home stadium per season, can you imagine the jokes if one team says no and the stadium has to remain unused for a year because of it?

Can't imagine anyone doing that

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9988 on: February 27, 2018, 06:03:03 pm »
Well, we were under the same rules with the Main Stand, so presumably teams aren't really arsed.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #9989 on: February 27, 2018, 06:04:50 pm »

That's a hell of a lot of licorice.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9990 on: February 27, 2018, 06:16:15 pm »

"It's worth remembering that the original cost quoted for the stadium was some seven years ago. This new 'estimated' figure relates predominantly to the stadium with some elements of substructure for the other builds particularly the Tottenham Experience. Brexit has added a straight 20 per cent on costs for foreign goods due to the exchange rate, overtime working and increased construction costs similarly. Revised basement works also added to the cost."

That was a Spurs Director's comments after the £800m price was revealed by Levy in March 2017.

It was the Mail in December that then said this could rise to £1bn. Probably almost certainly with the added works around the stadium this will be the final price, although I expect the cost to get the stadium built in time for the new season (seems you have a rush on) will rise yet more too.

£1bn is a huge figure for an additional £28m a season.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9991 on: February 27, 2018, 06:18:11 pm »
"It's worth remembering that the original cost quoted for the stadium was some seven years ago. This new 'estimated' figure relates predominantly to the stadium with some elements of substructure for the other builds particularly the Tottenham Experience. Brexit has added a straight 20 per cent on costs for foreign goods due to the exchange rate, overtime working and increased construction costs similarly. Revised basement works also added to the cost."

That was a Spurs Director's comments after the £800m price was revealed by Levy in March 2017.

It was the Mail in December that then said this could rise to £1bn. Probably almost certainly with the added works around the stadium this will be the final price, although I expect the cost to get the stadium built in time for the new season (seems you have a rush on) will rise yet more too.

£1bn is a huge figure for an additional £28m a season.

Don't forget the four or five NFL games a year, too. I'm sure the novelty isn't going to wear off at all.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9992 on: February 27, 2018, 06:18:53 pm »
Don't forget the four or five NFL games a year, too. I'm sure the novelty isn't going to wear off at all.

I think that's included in the additional £28m.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9993 on: February 27, 2018, 06:19:25 pm »
I think that's included in the additional £28m.

That Levy, so crafty.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9994 on: February 27, 2018, 06:20:00 pm »
Also, there only seems to be mention of funding for around £350m which is only for 5 years, at which point it needs securing for longer - which is a risk!

No mention where the other £650m is coming from.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9995 on: February 27, 2018, 06:26:45 pm »
Also, there only seems to be mention of funding for around £350m which is only for 5 years, at which point it needs securing for longer - which is a risk!

No mention where the other £650m is coming from.

£150 million odd for the mouth breather

I imagine Levy thought Alli would have kicked on but that's dampened those plans

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9996 on: February 27, 2018, 07:41:40 pm »
But this won't affect Spurs' spending, because it's already close to zero net. And reasons.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9997 on: February 27, 2018, 11:55:38 pm »
Nothing clear about that. Davies was looking for it and went crashing into Hennesey
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9998 on: February 28, 2018, 12:09:21 am »
I suppose it depends on what other events they can get there. Concerts are a possibility, but they'd probably be really strict on the license for curfew etc given the surrounding area. The hotel could work but they'd probably need to work hard to convince travelling fans it's worth the premium to stay at the ground. That said, for early Saturday kick offs, they could do good business (fuck, might even be worth the opposition team using it!). I'm sure they have plenty of ideas floating around, but there's a lot of competition in London that will want the same events etc.

That Premier League rule about not using 2 stadiums is a bit of a joke. If the opposition team isn't arsed about it, I can't see the issue. I know it's probably for fairness so all 19 games are in theory held under the same conditions, but there's never level conditions at any game. Injuries, the weather, European games all change the variables.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9999 on: February 28, 2018, 12:11:31 am »
I'm sure that they would happily make exception to the rule if there was a good reason why one stadium was unavailable.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA