Author Topic: That's it, we've had it with the (insert stand name here)  (Read 57715 times)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: That's it, we've had it with the Upper Annie Road
« Reply #80 on: October 8, 2012, 01:49:56 pm »

I can't listen to the phone ins, can't watch MOTD without wanting to kick in the telly....

Hilarious listening to the shite about Suarez diving. I don't blame Pullis for banging on about it. That was just craftily getting the focus off his stormtroopers. But that lad was kicked from pillar to post, and the only mentions he's had is about his diving.

The whole fucking sham of football is descending into an absolute farce and it's getting the know nothing support it deserves.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: October 8, 2012, 01:50:00 pm »
Almost as many sat down towards the front of 305 than stood up, what's that all about?

Offline balticred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 8, 2012, 01:54:08 pm »
Trust me mate, I was in 305 and it was as shit there as it has been in years. Truly awful.

Spot on there mate - absolutely awful. Not only was no-one (vast majority) making no effort I can't remember when we gave so much shit to our old players.

Charlie Adam was / is shit but chants / shouts of 'you fat bastard' from the back of the kop are just depressing. Someone even suggested one of our lads might like to break that beanpole's f*****g legs when Crouchy got the ball. Been going 30 odd years but rapidly losing the stomach for it. Sad thing is we are playing some good stuff and anyone who watches must surely feel there is quite a lat to be optimistic about. Aah well . . . .

Offline TheBionicCarrot

• Main Stander
  • Make us dream...
« Reply #83 on: October 8, 2012, 01:55:24 pm »
Atmosphere was terrible today even in the Kop, lots around me didn't even bother to sing YNWA, at the very least usually the vast majority sing that if nothing else, but today even that didn't happen.

Noticed the same thing in 203.  Horrendous.  First time I've ever seen it.  Felt like I was standing amongst a bunch of people on a platform waiting for a train to arrive.  People seemed to feel inconvenienced to even be there.

As for the trickle of boos at full time.  Ban them for life I say.  And I mean it.
Our lads come from all over the place
They talk ded funny and they play ded great

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 8, 2012, 01:58:36 pm »
it's not just at Anfield, seems most home grounds in the country are the same, away fans outsing the home fans. Surprisingly the Nou Camp was unbelievably loud last night, not heard it like that in years

If we were in first, w/ 6 straight wins to open the season, playing ManU to an exciting 2-2 draw Anfield would be A LOT different. 
"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 8, 2012, 02:01:05 pm »

I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking of knocking it on the head and becoming a full time armchair warrior.

Well, there's always room next to me on the sofa.  But, to be honest, it's even getting bad there.  Was trying to watch 'Being Liverpool' on Channel 5 the other night.  The Missus kept getting up to get crisps and drinks, some dickhead even phoned me midway through an inspirational, psychological Rodgers mind game. 

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 8, 2012, 02:03:57 pm »
I'll post it....have a go if you will....the answer is in this pic....

"Statistics are like bikinis—they show a lot but not everything." - Lou Piniella

Offline Jrkopite

• Main Stander
« Reply #87 on: October 8, 2012, 02:08:01 pm »
Hilarious listening to the shite about Suarez diving. I don't blame Pullis for banging on about it. That was just craftily getting the focus off his stormtroopers. But that lad was kicked from pillar to post, and the only mentions he's had is about his diving.

funnily enough, that stonewall penalty that wasn't given for Luis against Norwich last week didn't get any airtime, did it?
This media witch hunt that Whisky Nose instigated last season has gone beyond a joke now. I wish the club would do something about it but remember what happened to Rafa when he spoke out against Ferguson? The bastards treated it like a joke.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: October 8, 2012, 02:13:01 pm »
I know mate. I'm getting to hate the whole rotten shabang. But it's impossible to completely turn your back on it. So, I just do me best not to let it drive me mad now.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 8, 2012, 02:24:38 pm »
I know mate. I'm getting to hate the whole rotten shabang. But it's impossible to completely turn your back on it. So, I just do me best not to let it drive me mad now.

We all take the good with the bad I guess...I can sit on my couch in North Carolina and watch EVERY single LFC game live, on DVR, or both....I can order gear, join a community of likeminded people and instantly chat with other LFC fans.

We also have to deal with Twitter crap, call in shows, Being: documentaries, managers being sacked after 10 games, endless replays and analysis just to fill air time, etc

It must have been nice when you actually had to watch the game live, wait for a well written article in the paper, and discuss the issues face to face in the pub.  It's all gone and not coming back unfortunately. 

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 8, 2012, 02:29:49 pm »
Noticed the same thing in 203.  Horrendous.  First time I've ever seen it.  Felt like I was standing amongst a bunch of people on a platform waiting for a train to arrive.  People seemed to feel inconvenienced to even be there.

As for the trickle of boos at full time.  Ban them for life I say.  And I mean it.
Heard the booing too, at the time I assumed it was aimed at Mason for his performance and the Stoke players for the way they kicked our players around for 90 minutes, but if it was aimed at our own players then whoever booed them should be ashamed.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #91 on: October 8, 2012, 03:18:25 pm »

The ammount of times I've said "That's it I'm taking a break from this season" over the past year or two is easily in the double figures. Yet I keep coming back and getting worked up over it again. Was at the very back of Annie Road last match I went to and it was enough to discourage me from ever sitting there again. Yet there's that little bit of hope that one day it will return to the level it was before
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 8, 2012, 03:34:04 pm »
It's been like that up there for years
It's like being in the Odeon
up and down for a drink up and down for a pee
They should sell popcorn and icecream and have cushioned velvet seats
Make them all feel at home

This is how I find it, frustrating as hell getting up every five minutes to let someone pass.
In some cases it will be the same individual, arrives 5 mins after kick off with bags of food and pop, leaves for a piss on 40 mins, arrives back late for the 2nd half then leaves early to get home.

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 8, 2012, 03:46:48 pm »

The only boos I heard were for Mason.  He got them once the players had gone off.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 8, 2012, 04:05:14 pm »
This is how I find it, frustrating as hell getting up every five minutes to let someone pass.
In some cases it will be the same individual, arrives 5 mins after kick off with bags of food and pop, leaves for a piss on 40 mins, arrives back late for the 2nd half then leaves early to get home.
You wonder why they bother going.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 8, 2012, 04:35:16 pm »
I'm planning to bring my wee fella (who is 5), and I personally haven't been in 3 or 4 years (live in Northern Ireland), I've showed him videos of Anfield in full flow, and he smiled and thought it looked great, so I'm a bit worried that when I do bring him, and as he is only 5, that he won't be as taken with it, as league games now seem a bit flat to be honest.

I remember my first game was 3-0 against Forest in 1987, my uncle and cousins from Formby brought me, and Kenny scored the opener, and even thought I'm not a native to Liverpool, I felt at home and was MADE to feel at home by those around me....an honorary Scouser for the day, as it were, and even at 9 years of age I could feel the atmosphere and the history around me, sadly now, the aura seems to have waned.

We slag off Arsenal and Chelsea fans, and of course that other horrible lot up the road, but we seem to be no different, it's more or less standard now, for the modern football supporter, and the big change I feel, is that more families now go, and it's not the lads, out for a few bevvies and then the match as much as it was in yesteryear, which fostered more of a party like atmosphere.

That's just my personal opinion, as right or as wrong as it is.

I wouldn't worry mate. I'm taking my two young cousins ( six and eight ) to their first game against Reading next week but to be honest, at that age, regardless of the atmosphere it's an amazing experience for them.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2012, 04:41:49 pm by Marty 85 »

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 8, 2012, 04:59:32 pm »
Agree with the OP ,it just ain't the same anymore which is why I don't go to as many games as I used to ( and to much work on) , even when a song does get started up it almost dies a death straight away, its just become a family outing match days now, I'm sure it will get better as the results improve but never back to where it should be

Offline iwear no colours

• which helps with the washing a hell of a lot, let me tell you
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #97 on: October 8, 2012, 05:01:05 pm »

You must sit in my row the corporates in the Main Stand are a nightmare go early back late.
I love it when we score straight from kick off after H/T and they miss

Offline finnansounderrated

• Main Stander
« Reply #98 on: October 8, 2012, 05:09:35 pm »

Haha this. My ald fella goes beserk when it happens.  We dont have season tickets but always manage to get tickets, so no matter where we sit we always seem to get bombarded with the popcorn eaters.  Popcorn finished - says to mate 'think I will get a hotdog now'. My ald man says 'yah can fuck off cos Im not standing up again, you can piss yerself'. lol.  But I know how you feel pal ;-)

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 8, 2012, 05:14:08 pm »
Haha this. My ald fella goes beserk when it happens.  We dont have season tickets but always manage to get tickets, so no matter where we sit we always seem to get bombarded with the popcorn eaters.  Popcorn finished - says to mate 'think I will get a hotdog now'. My ald man says 'yah can fuck off cos Im not standing up again, you can piss yerself'. lol.  But I know how you feel pal ;-)

Seriously...if my 8 yr old daughter and every other kid I saw can sit still and pay attention for 45 minutes so can a grown man!!

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #100 on: October 8, 2012, 05:20:54 pm »
Some tool in the KOP yesterday with a foam hand.....305 yesterday was family/tourist/whopper central
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline iwear no colours

• which helps with the washing a hell of a lot, let me tell you
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #101 on: October 8, 2012, 05:22:23 pm »
Seriously...if my 8 yr old daughter and every other kid I saw can sit still and pay attention for 45 minutes so can a grown man!!

You don't understand there is popcorn and hotdogs

Offline Lothairio

• Kopite
  • Facci Sognare
« Reply #102 on: October 8, 2012, 05:26:18 pm »
The only time Anfield gets up for games is against the so called big guns, certain grudge matches, or crunch European ties. The best, most vociferous, and passionate support comes from the travelling Kop at aways.
Hat, cap, scarf, or yer badges...

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 8, 2012, 05:27:25 pm »
You wonder why they bother going.
It's a few seasons back now, but I went to Villa Real for our preseason friendly. I ended up sitting in a family section. I had these lovely people sat next to me. They made it into one big family party. The little aul one kept giving me Spanish Grub. There was a mound of these seed case things on the floor by the aul grandad. It was weird, whole families with picnic baskets, having little parties. They all seemed to know one another and had a great time. It was friendly as fuck and a great laugh, but they didn't half make some racket. I found me way over to our lot at half time, but I loved it in that section. Prices, weather, it would never happen here. But if we had families like that going to get entertained, I'd have nothing to moan about.

But we have to get something going for the kids. I know there's loads of problems that need fixing now, but thats the key to the future.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 8, 2012, 05:48:18 pm »
What used to irritate me was sitting beside some imbecile that does nothing but slaughter the players, I remember we beat Southampton 7-1 or something like it in 1999 (I think) and this cretin absolutely gave Carra dogs abuse the whole game with people all around telling him in no uncertain terms to keep quiet, Carra scored from a Redknapp free kick and I genuinely saw this guy sitting disappointed that we'd scored haha, people like that should just stay away and let a genuine fan have the ticket instead.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #105 on: October 8, 2012, 06:18:10 pm »
This thread  :-\

Makes me so mad the atmosphere. Wasn't going the games when it was last decent.

Just sad really, we can do sweet FA about it. All about money!

Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #106 on: October 8, 2012, 06:21:42 pm »
You cant force people to sing, giving their earned cash up to watch a team play isnt good enough for you? would you prefer electric shock seats than go off if you arent over an X-decibel of noise?
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #107 on: October 8, 2012, 06:23:06 pm »
You cant force people to sing, giving their earned cash up to watch a team play isnt good enough for you? would you prefer electric shock seats than go off if you arent over an X-decibel of noise?

Perfect.
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #108 on: October 8, 2012, 06:28:31 pm »
I don't really see the problem with a couple of girls laughing at hilarious songs.

He said 'hilarious' in quotation marks. In other words the usual shite about signing on and 'we know what you are'... 'f any of the 'home' fans were laughing at that they should just fuck off.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #109 on: October 8, 2012, 06:33:42 pm »
Modern life is rubbish
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 8, 2012, 06:37:13 pm »
I agree with what someone said in the general sports forum the other day, large numbers of the fans not joining in are the locals who've had season tickets for a long, long time. The amount of tired, old men who take the match for granted these days and would rather sit or stand around catching up with the others around them than even bother singing YNWA. It's almost like they've had their time in the 80s and now just go through the motions of showing up and not really caring about the atmosphere.

I disagree with people saying the club have "missed a generation", there's tons of good lads my age and a bit older who go to all games home and away and support the team no matter what. The whole "no child tickets on themselves" rule is a load of me arse though and really needs changing.

Oh and it's worth noting that whilst we are shit we are still the loudest in the league statistically: http://www.madeupnonsense.com/articles/liverpool-crowned-loudest-fans-premiership-1626251
« Last Edit: October 8, 2012, 06:40:58 pm by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Smug Cassandra

• outh strikes again :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Siempre Liverpool Siempre River Plate
« Reply #111 on: October 8, 2012, 06:42:58 pm »
Reduce not eliminate season tickets
Healthy pay on day element
Treat the kop differently and gather our away supporters there
Limit the age on the kop to 15-50.
Get a big bar on the kop with lots of cheap beer
! LIVERPOOL - EN LAS MALAS - MUCHO MAS !

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: October 8, 2012, 06:45:30 pm »
The only time Anfield gets up for games is against the so called big guns, certain grudge matches, or crunch European ties. The best, most vociferous, and passionate support comes from the travelling Kop at aways.

I expect this has alot to do with the atmosphere aswell.. People picking only the big games to go or decide that's when they find their voice.

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #113 on: October 8, 2012, 06:48:34 pm »
You'll Never Walk Alone is one of our unique selling points, the club wanna make sure that its shown/heard on any broadcast of the match, thats why you have players an ref stood round waiting for the game to kick off,  a lot of people leave it till the last minute to get in the ground, theres a risk YNWA is gettin sang by a half full stadium

Rodgers could make a shrewd move if he where to go back to playing it just before the lads ran out, it would get fans in 10 mins earlier. Surely  the lads would appriciate thier names getting sang while the formalities take place, we used to sing the line up allmost 1 to 11 even lads without an established song got the arl first name, surname, clap clap clap clap clap.

As for gettin young fans in the ground , fucking no chance... newsflash , its all about annual revenue per seat, why let a kid in for half when you can get some replica shirt wearing tit with a carrier bag full of shit an camera round thier neck.  Europa games are a start but get the cheap kids tickets on the kop , not stuck up in the annie road
Insert obscure quote here

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #114 on: October 8, 2012, 06:51:25 pm »
Reduce not eliminate season tickets
Healthy pay on day element
Treat the kop differently and gather our away supporters there
Limit the age on the kop to 15-50.
Get a big bar on the kop with lots of cheap beer
Free tickets for kop
free beer for kop
free rides home and to the game (even away games) for the kop
arm rest chairs for the kop
megaphones so you can sing louder since apparently the kop are the only real supporters

Anything else missed out? maybe a badge that says 'Elitist' ?
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline mjjason

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 8, 2012, 07:01:04 pm »
I have never yet been to Anfield personally so I cannot say for sure but could it be possible that this has always been the case; i.e the lack of atmosphere at many games.  It is very easy for some one to look back on 20 years of going to games and remember fondly all the great days out while the poor days fade away.

The reason I say this is because this thread kind of comes across like one of those 'Back in my day' type discussions.  I recall reading these same exact type of threads with the same exact discussions back in 2000 when I first joined a Liverpool online forum.  In fact the same issues and suggestions where brought up and shot down.  Could it be that the atmosphere is the same as it always has been?

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 8, 2012, 07:02:26 pm »
This says it all! Taken yesterday!
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: October 8, 2012, 07:25:11 pm »
I'm lucky enough to be on the away ladder these days and prefer any away game to being at anfield.

I think people blaming the day trippers are way off the mark, yes the mobile phone/ club shop brigade piss me off as well but are there really that many of them in the ground ? For a start there are 20,000+ season ticket holders and then when you add on the members who go to a lot of games this is the vast majority of the people in the stadium.  If there is no atmosphere it's season ticket holders/ members who are to blame.

For me it's just a different mindset, I sing through every away game, at anfield hardly any songs get going and I admit that when it comes to singing I'm a follower rather than leader.

I think the best solution would be a singing section in lower anfield rd, don't like the idea of first come first served but you could have unreserved seating encouraging people to go with their mates and get in early. 

Offline DerKaiser

• It's German for "TheCheesyRanter". Likes young boys.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 8, 2012, 07:30:29 pm »
This says it all! Taken yesterday!

That's brilliant, just brilliant.

Offline kkjellquist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 8, 2012, 07:32:10 pm »
I think people blaming the day trippers are way off the mark, 

Agree...visited from the States for Hearts and Arsenal this season....we made more noise on the KOP than most, and we were making a racket for Arsenal until just became depressing.