Author Topic: Television buying  (Read 371087 times)

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Television buying
« Reply #5320 on: June 21, 2021, 07:24:17 pm »
It probably does though. It will be the cheapest TV in stock with the same resolution, features, HDMI ports etc. See my post above, you’ve gotta play the game and find a random spec the old TV has that the new one doesn’t.
Funny you should say that about the cheapest TV they have because they've offered me the cheapest 55" TV that they stock.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5321 on: June 21, 2021, 07:28:45 pm »
How do the two compare features-wise?

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5322 on: June 21, 2021, 07:31:29 pm »
How do the two compare features-wise?
Equal except for the screen size.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5323 on: June 21, 2021, 07:50:54 pm »
Have you got the model numbers of each?

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5324 on: June 21, 2021, 07:52:16 pm »
What is the tv you are are getting replaced and what model are they trying to give you? I’m sure someone here will be able to point out some real differences.

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5325 on: June 21, 2021, 08:00:50 pm »
Mine: LG 60UH650V Offered:LG 55UN73006LA

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5326 on: June 21, 2021, 08:24:34 pm »
Mine: LG 60UH650V Offered:LG 55UN73006LA
From a quick look it looks like the new one is better. Only downside I can see is the panel size but 60 is a fairly odd size. Try push them for 65 inch of that one maybe.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5327 on: June 21, 2021, 08:25:51 pm »
I’d not be accepting anything smaller.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5328 on: June 21, 2021, 08:41:32 pm »
Also - with JL if you accept the offered replacement the remaining warranty transfers to your new TV. So when you get a suitable replacement offer look for something say £50 more, pay the difference and get a new full 5 year warranty
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 08:43:58 pm by Graeme »

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #5329 on: June 28, 2021, 11:36:34 am »
may I please ask for some help in getting some recommendations in purchasing a new TV. My mums old brick Alba tv has given up the will to live and will not come off standby and turn on for some reason. I have not got a clue about modern TV's and what to look for so I thought I would ask for some help. It all seems so confusing to me. Its for a living room main TV. 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5330 on: June 28, 2021, 12:44:42 pm »
may I please ask for some help in getting some recommendations in purchasing a new TV. My mums old brick Alba tv has given up the will to live and will not come off standby and turn on for some reason. I have not got a clue about modern TV's and what to look for so I thought I would ask for some help. It all seems so confusing to me. Its for a living room main TV.

What's the budget,does she need 4k and what size ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #5331 on: June 28, 2021, 01:24:21 pm »
What's the budget,does she need 4k and what size ?

To be honest I have not got a clue mate. I guess that's what I need to start with then. I was just looking for examples that members here have and that are happy with so that when I go to have a look in store I have something too hand as a example. Something that is not too complex for her to use and not too small mid range in terms of size??

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5332 on: June 28, 2021, 01:47:22 pm »
To be honest I have not got a clue mate. I guess that's what I need to start with then. I was just looking for examples that members here have and that are happy with so that when I go to have a look in store I have something too hand as a example. Something that is not too complex for her to use and not too small mid range in terms of size??

Lets us know the budget and I'll have a look,could be anything from £180'ish (32") to thousands mate,she could even get a 40" Bush tv from Argos for £230,not the best but good value for money.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9450307?clickPR=plp:6:10

Also does she have internet because if she does,you could get one that hooks up so she could use BBCiplayer,More4 etc,etc.

Have a look at these

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/all-tvs.html?tv_screen_size_breaks=1362%2C1377

Buying from Richer gives you a 6yr guarantee,you can get cheaper 32" elsewhere but the little extra is worth it for that 6yr peace of mind imo.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 02:07:15 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5333 on: June 28, 2021, 07:45:47 pm »
If possible get the biggest size that fits the space you are putting it in.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #5334 on: July 16, 2021, 11:00:57 am »
Any TV experts on here who can tell me which is the better TV out of the Samsung TU8500 and Samsung Q60T?

Thanks

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #5335 on: July 17, 2021, 06:49:58 am »
Any TV experts on here who can tell me which is the better TV out of the Samsung TU8500 and Samsung Q60T?

Thanks

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-tu8500-vs-samsung-q60t-4045449

There’s a comparison on this site that suggests picture wise the Q60T would be the better TV due to the QLED being better than the Dynamic Crystal display
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #5336 on: July 18, 2021, 09:12:05 pm »
https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-tu8500-vs-samsung-q60t-4045449

There’s a comparison on this site that suggests picture wise the Q60T would be the better TV due to the QLED being better than the Dynamic Crystal display

Thanks for that.

Any opinions on which is the better TV between these?

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8134105?clickSR=slp:term:televisions:4:17:1

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9336342?clickSR=slp:term:televisions:2:17:1

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5337 on: July 18, 2021, 11:56:57 pm »
Thanks for that.

Any opinions on which is the better TV between these?

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8134105?clickSR=slp:term:televisions:4:17:1

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9336342?clickSR=slp:term:televisions:2:17:1

The main difference I can see is the TU8300 has a higher PQI rating (2000) than the AU7100 (1500). I believe this is Samsung’s way of rating picture quality rather than using hertz (hz). 2000 is better than 1500, as I believe the frame rate refreshes more per second which should mean a smoother image. The AU7100 has an extra USB port if that’s important to you?

I have the 42inch of the AU7100 in my garage, it’s decent but I’ve never been that impressed with the picture quality, however our main tv is a Panasonic FZ802 so it’s not really a fair comparison.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #5338 on: August 18, 2021, 05:12:47 pm »
Think our telly's goosed, lads.

Any recommendations for something that's actually got HDR and is decent for gaming at around £600? 55" preferably.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #5339 on: August 18, 2021, 06:42:01 pm »
Think our telly's goosed, lads.

Any recommendations for something that's actually got HDR and is decent for gaming at around £600? 55" preferably.

IMO, you can't go wrong with paying a visit to Richer Sounds, Sian. Really knowledgeable staff and decent prices. Tell them what you're after and they'll do their best. Last time I bought from there the store manager personally delivered my new TV as it was out of stock and it took the usual delivery process and bit of delay out of the equation.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5340 on: August 20, 2021, 08:48:51 am »
Looks like a really good deal

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-2020-55-q60t-qled-4k-quantum-hdr-smart-tv-with-tizen-os-qe55q65ta-5-year-warranty-ps464-at-reliant-direct-3780943

I like the samsung software and having everything like Netflix, Prime, Disney+ and Apple TV all in one place is great

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #5341 on: August 30, 2021, 09:45:27 am »
I'm Assuming My LG has just died I'm getting sound but just a black screen! 🤬

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5342 on: August 30, 2021, 10:04:30 am »
You tried some basic troubleshooting? Reboot, check other inputs etc?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5343 on: August 30, 2021, 10:05:06 am »
Bonjela?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5344 on: August 30, 2021, 05:24:56 pm »
You tried some basic troubleshooting? Reboot, check other inputs etc?

Yeah tried removing the power for a bit still getting nothing, sound on all the inputs just no picture, I'm going to wait till it's dark tonight to see if it's just the LED backlight that's gone

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5345 on: August 30, 2021, 05:51:22 pm »
Yeah tried removing the power for a bit still getting nothing, sound on all the inputs just no picture, I'm going to wait till it's dark tonight to see if it's just the LED backlight that's gone
Have you tried swapping any of the leads (hdmi etc) around in case any are loose or have failed?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5346 on: August 30, 2021, 06:44:17 pm »
I'm guessing that you've seen this but just in case.

https://droidtheory.com/fix-lg-tv-black-screen-issue/

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5347 on: August 30, 2021, 08:30:56 pm »
Cheers for the replies I tried different HDMI and still gett the the same

Tried the power off and got nothing

My backlights are working just not getting a picture, typical I got an Xbox series x yesterday and today it dies  >:(
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 08:35:06 pm by LOKKO »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5348 on: August 30, 2021, 08:52:00 pm »
Cheers for the replies I tried different HDMI and still gett the the same

Tried the power off and got nothing

My backlights are working just not getting a picture, typical I got an Xbox series x yesterday and today it dies  >:(

Have you tried factory resetting it ?

And this

Change Picture mode and backlight settings

If you’re able to get the picture after following the above fix, then changing picture mode and backlight settings can help you in fixing the black screen of death issue on your LG tv. You need to make the following changes in your picture and backlight settings.

Go to settings then select all settings.
    Now select the picture from the list.
    Select picture mode settings.
    Now set the picture mode as standard.
    Now decrease the backlight and set it at the lowest between 10-30.
    Set the brightness at 50.

These changes will prevent your smart tv backlight from overheating and you’ll not face an LG tv black screen issue on your LG smart tv.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 08:53:37 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5349 on: August 30, 2021, 09:18:36 pm »
So stupid questions time

Is the LG settings menu coming up when you use the remote? If so then your backlight is fine and it will be an input problem. Do a factory reset in your settings and follow the LG start up setup.
 If you are getting no response from the remote then it's likely there is a major problem

Are you able to get anything to show up on the screen with anything else (eg SKY box and Virgin media box or older console)?

Are you using high speed HDMI cables that are compatible with your TV and console. Some cheap ones won't be compatible for use between your console and TV.

Also are you using a soundbar with HDMI inputs? The pass through opinions might not work with your new TV. Remove all the soundbar stuff and plug directly into your TV.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 09:20:34 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #5350 on: August 31, 2021, 01:02:34 pm »
I'm moving into my new home soon and looking for a great TV (will put on a wall) with all the top specs so I can watch footy, Netflix and play my PS5. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5351 on: August 31, 2021, 04:34:23 pm »
I can't get the settings menu up the remote is working, sound an no picture on all inputs...

Might have to bite the bullet and get a new one are the hisense TVs any good there is a few on offer at the minute

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5352 on: August 31, 2021, 05:03:01 pm »
I can't get the settings menu up the remote is working, sound an no picture on all inputs...

Might have to bite the bullet and get a new one are the hisense TVs any good there is a few on offer at the minute

"Accidentally" drop it down the stairs.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #5353 on: August 31, 2021, 09:37:07 pm »
Can anyone recommended decent wall bracket and fixtures/fittings for a 65" tv to fit to plasterboard wall?

9 month old has discovered the joy of throwing rick flair style slaps at the tv now, so sooner we get it out of reach the better.

Never fitted a tv that size to a wall before so completely paranoid about getting the wrong stuff to put it up and having it come crashing down, so any pointers more than welcome.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5354 on: September 1, 2021, 10:25:45 pm »
I'm moving into my new home soon and looking for a great TV (will put on a wall) with all the top specs so I can watch footy, Netflix and play my PS5. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
LG C1 in the biggest size you can fit. Sony oleds may be slightly better for movies but the LG has the edge in gaming. Main difference is the price, LG will be a fair bit cheaper.

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5355 on: September 1, 2021, 10:29:22 pm »
Can anyone recommended decent wall bracket and fixtures/fittings for a 65" tv to fit to plasterboard wall?

9 month old has discovered the joy of throwing rick flair style slaps at the tv now, so sooner we get it out of reach the better.

Never fitted a tv that size to a wall before so completely paranoid about getting the wrong stuff to put it up and having it come crashing down, so any pointers more than welcome.
It would be more about the wall plugs you use and what weight they can handle. They will have to be plasterboard specific. I’d do a bit of Googling on that, avforums will probably have all the info you need.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5356 on: September 1, 2021, 11:26:43 pm »
It would be more about the wall plugs you use and what weight they can handle. They will have to be plasterboard specific. I’d do a bit of Googling on that, avforums will probably have all the info you need.

These are the babies he'd want,I've used them for years now,tvs and very heavy speakers,I was able to do pull ups on the speaker brackets.

Called Blind screw anchors & they're better than anything.Don't do what this guy does though,make sure the screw is all the way down and the tap it in with your hammer (tap),that way it won't spin when you tighten it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nNFv65-QTPI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nNFv65-QTPI</a>

As for the bracket,I've got a few ad the best of the lot was actually the cheapest that I got from Aldis.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2021, 11:35:00 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #5357 on: September 2, 2021, 06:01:57 pm »
LG C1 in the biggest size you can fit. Sony oleds may be slightly better for movies but the LG has the edge in gaming. Main difference is the price, LG will be a fair bit cheaper.

Thanks for the reply mate. If you had to chose between the LG C1 (55"), priced at £1,399.00 or the Sony A80J (55") priced at £1,499.00 which one would you go for? Like I said, I'll mount it to the wall and mainly watch movies/TV shows and playing games on the PS5 but have done some research on both and not sure!

Any other recommendations that are a similar price would be cool too.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2021, 08:45:40 pm by Danny Singh »

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5358 on: September 2, 2021, 09:41:07 pm »
Thanks for the reply mate. If you had to chose between the LG C1 (55"), priced at £1,399.00 or the Sony A80J (55") priced at £1,499.00 which one would you go for? Like I said, I'll mount it to the wall and mainly watch movies/TV shows and playing games on the PS5 but have done some research on both and not sure!

Any other recommendations that are a similar price would be cool too.
Either or really but as I also own a ps5 I’d probably go for the c1. As you are putting it on a wall I would also recommend the Philips 806. This has ambilight which can be impressive and all the gaming features of the c1. You don’t hear as much about them as they aren’t sold in the US as far as I know. They are more expensive because of the built in ambilight. The 805 2020 model can be had for a great deal right now but doesn’t have the latest gaming features.

One thing I think you should ask yourself is can I fit a 65 where I plan to put the tv. I was planning on 55 initially and ended up going for a 65. Keep in mind there should be price drops in the next two months. Usually some good deals on the weekend of Black Friday.

Online MBL?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5359 on: September 2, 2021, 09:44:28 pm »
Yeah that’s the sort of thing I was talking about. As for the bracket it’s all about how close you want it to the was or do you want it on an adjustable arm etc.