Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2765682 times)

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #61360 on: September 20, 2021, 05:29:11 pm »
Have tickets to go to see the Browns (Husband's team) against the Lions Sunday 21st November. Game is set for 1pm EST.

Is there any chance that will change? Do NFL games change days/times after they are announced?

With the US/UK travel ban lifted, we were going to try and book flights this evening. Going to do NYC and Cleveland so it wouldn't be a disaster - we would make sure we hit NYC first and then fly back on the Monday/Tuesday after the game, but just wanted to be sure it wasn't silly to book flights so far in advance.

They can flex games, but they won't be with that one!!!

With the news today my trip to the Miami MetLife takeover that same weekend is back on it seems.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #61361 on: September 20, 2021, 05:29:53 pm »
Have tickets to go to see the Browns (Husband's team) against the Lions Sunday 21st November. Game is set for 1pm EST.

Is there any chance that will change? Do NFL games change days/times after they are announced?

Nope, set in stone. All game times are fixed until about week 16 when they might move 1 or 2 depending on playoff implications.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61362 on: September 20, 2021, 06:19:19 pm »
Enjoyed the Vikings fluffing their lines. The commentary team for that game was great.

Wentz' shuffle pass interception was pretty funny too.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61363 on: September 20, 2021, 06:22:58 pm »
Monday Night Football with alternate commentary from Peyton & Eli tonight, i think it's available on the gamepass, they're better than the main ESPN commentators although that's not hard. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #61364 on: September 20, 2021, 06:36:05 pm »
Nope, set in stone. All game times are fixed until about week 16 when they might move 1 or 2 depending on playoff implications.

They can flex games, but they won't be with that one!!!

With the news today my trip to the Miami MetLife takeover that same weekend is back on it seems.

Cheers boys - went ahead and booked the flights. Got a great deal. I dunno if prices will change now the ban has been lifted but definitely at the moment some great prices out there!

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61365 on: September 20, 2021, 08:52:44 pm »
Edwards-Helaire really looks mediocre as hell. This was just the latest tip of the iceberg of how he always gets stuck.
Drafting a RB in the 1st round is normally a bad idea

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61366 on: September 20, 2021, 08:56:20 pm »
Or they should have just given the ball to Mahomes instead of Edwards-Helaire. Running the ball is what cost us yesterday.

The defence is worrying but it is nothing to do with running the ball or not. The defence was fine last year. I think part of the issue is with the run and the Ravens and Browns are 2 of the best running teams.

Moving Chris Jones to the edge doesn't seem to have worked as you lose his presence from the middle and, while he can rush on the edge, he has been poor at blocking off running lanes.
Need to see more time on Jones, I tend to agree but give it more time.
KC has the 2nd best kicker in the history of the NFL you make sure you get him the ball with 3 seconds left so that Lamar Jackson doesn't give the best kicker in the history the NFL the chance to win the game or even Lamar time to go down and win the game. You kill the clock and kick the fg to win. I would trust by offense and kicker over the defense to stop Baltimore
KC defense just needs to be average they tons of offense weapons and OL looks better(It just takes some time to gel normally)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61367 on: September 20, 2021, 08:56:32 pm »
They can flex games for the last 7 weeks of the regular season, as Lions @ Browns is in week 11 of 18, that game shouldn't be moved.
#Sausages

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61368 on: September 21, 2021, 10:27:08 am »
Enjoyed the Vikings fluffing their lines. The commentary team for that game was great.

Wentz' shuffle pass interception was pretty funny too.

That was a bizarre and hilarious moment. There was another awful shuffle pass later on too, can't remember which QB

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #61369 on: September 21, 2021, 10:58:15 am »
49ers injury luck from last season doesn’t look like it’s gone away. Looking like a possibility that they have 5 RBs (yes 5!) out for Sunday’s game with Green Bay. Mostert and Wilson are definitely out. They were RB1 and RB2 when they’d entered camp. Trey Sermon (rookie 3rd round pick) got concussion on his 1st NFL carry. Jamycal Hasty has a high ankle sprain and is out for weeks. Elijah Mitchell (rookie 6th round pick) has got a shoulder injury (stinger) and is doubtful.

Without an effective run game I’m not sure how Shanahan’s system operates effectively. Might need to use Lance a bit more, to at least keep Green Bay guessing. Don’t fancy Jimmy G in a passing battle with Rodgers. Even less so with the 49ers banged up CB corps. They’ll need Bosa, Dee Ford and the DL to dominate and create QB pressure. Even the DL lost Kentavius Street to a high ankle sprain this week.

On the + side I though Al-Shaair had another really impressive game at LB, deputising for the injured Dre Greenlaw. Could be a breakout season or him. To be fair the 49ers have drafted really well at linebacker over the last few years - Fred Warner (3rd round), Dre Greenlaw (5th round) & Al-Shaair (undrafted). That’s a good selection of LBs for very little draft capital
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61370 on: September 21, 2021, 11:07:06 am »
That was a bizarre and hilarious moment. There was another awful shuffle pass later on too, can't remember which QB
Must have been this one:

https://twitter.com/Saints/status/1439669349737025538

Solid start from Darnold otherwise, though.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61371 on: September 22, 2021, 05:17:05 pm »
Jared Goff….. When he was sacked in the third or fourth quarter and just lay there with his face in the grass, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for the man. Then again, he gets to go home and be consoled by Christen Harper so maybe he’ll be all right.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61372 on: September 22, 2021, 06:06:44 pm »
Jared Goff….. When he was sacked in the third or fourth quarter and just lay there with his face in the grass, I couldn’t help but feel sorry for the man. Then again, he gets to go home and be consoled by Christen Harper so maybe he’ll be all right.

0-9 without mcvay apparently.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #61373 on: September 23, 2021, 09:36:48 am »
Cheers boys - went ahead and booked the flights. Got a great deal. I dunno if prices will change now the ban has been lifted but definitely at the moment some great prices out there!

Well, I've now booked to go to Miami @ Jets in Nov too!

Ray was technically wrong - can flex Sunday afternoon games into Sunday night from like week 6 or something now. But can't move them to Thur/Mon.

Also late Dec they have some flex games highlighted to move to Sat once college season over, but they are signposted and much later.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61374 on: September 23, 2021, 09:51:01 am »
Well, I've now booked to go to Miami @ Jets in Nov too!

Ray was technically wrong - can flex Sunday afternoon games into Sunday night from like week 6 or something now. But can't move them to Thur/Mon.

Also late Dec they have some flex games highlighted to move to Sat once college season over, but they are signposted and much later.

Enjoy, yep broadcasters can flex Sunday games for the last 7 weeks of the regular season, they cannot flex MNF & TNF though, & move games to Thursday/Monday either.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61375 on: September 23, 2021, 03:13:22 pm »
20 years ago today, this hit changed careers, & started a dynasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St9u238ipRE
#Sausages

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61376 on: September 23, 2021, 07:31:43 pm »
I’ve always gotten Mr. Ferguson vibes from Belichick. Can’t stand the man.

You never know, Brady might have gotten his chance anyway, but it’s fair to say that the NFL would look very different today if that hit hadn’t occurred.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61377 on: September 24, 2021, 02:11:05 am »
Christian McCaffrey has done his hamstring
#Sausages

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #61378 on: September 24, 2021, 09:06:22 am »
Any Fantasy heads in here?

I've started playing this year and somehow I'm 2-0 but I'm having problems picking my line up this week! It's only a 6 team league so I have quite a strong squad (I think)

My current starters are

Rodgers
Mahomes
Cook
Montgomery
Lockett
Mike Williams
Kelce
Thielen (WR RB Flex)

Broncos D

Bench

Carr
Gaskin
Najee Harris
Cordarelle Patterson
Godwin
Chase
Woods
Tonyan

Help!!

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #61379 on: September 24, 2021, 02:48:58 pm »
Any Fantasy heads in here?

I've started playing this year and somehow I'm 2-0 but I'm having problems picking my line up this week! It's only a 6 team league so I have quite a strong squad (I think)

My current starters are

Rodgers
Mahomes
Cook
Montgomery
Lockett
Mike Williams
Kelce
Thielen (WR RB Flex)

Broncos D

Bench

Carr
Gaskin
Najee Harris
Cordarelle Patterson
Godwin
Chase
Woods
Tonyan

Help!!

You`ve made a tragic error in outing yourself as a fantasy fan. Trend is coming for you.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61380 on: September 24, 2021, 04:19:35 pm »
Wasn’t exactly the most eventful game I’ve ever watched but I enjoyed watching Darnold making some decent throws. Won’t look good for the Jets if he turns out to be a good NFL quarterback after all.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61381 on: September 24, 2021, 08:28:51 pm »
Wasn’t exactly the most eventful game I’ve ever watched but I enjoyed watching Darnold making some decent throws. Won’t look good for the Jets if he turns out to be a good NFL quarterback after all.

Yeah, Darnold looked decent against the Texans, the Jets though must be the Everton of the NFL, they remind me of the Ev anyway. ;D
#Sausages

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61382 on: September 24, 2021, 08:35:55 pm »
Bit harsh on the jets that

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61383 on: September 24, 2021, 08:42:05 pm »
#Sausages

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #61384 on: September 25, 2021, 09:23:17 am »
Bezos wants to buy the Broncos? apparently he really wants a franchise, and is being linked with them.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61385 on: September 25, 2021, 09:26:22 am »
Bezos wants to buy the Broncos? apparently he really wants a franchise, and is being linked with them.

his name gets banded around linked to various teams that may or may not be for sale. I will believe it when it happens.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61386 on: September 25, 2021, 09:29:24 am »
his name gets banded around linked to various teams that may or may not be for sale. I will believe it when it happens.
But Broncos? say it ain't so Voodoo, say it ain't so....    I mean maybe billionaire owners tend to have less of an impact than footy due to the cap and so on, but still...

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61387 on: September 25, 2021, 09:32:05 am »
But Broncos? say it ain't so Voodoo, say it ain't so....    I mean maybe billionaire owners tend to have less of an impact than footy due to the cap and so on, but still...

a lot of nfl owners are rich as shit, it doesn't make their teams any good.

see exhibit a:

jones; jerry.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61388 on: September 25, 2021, 09:35:32 am »
a lot of nfl owners are rich as shit, it doesn't make their teams any good.

see exhibit a:

jones; jerry.
That's what I'm clinging on.....  otherwise, if it does go down Killie and I will have to hold a day of mourning or some such  ;D

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #61389 on: September 26, 2021, 06:18:43 pm »
Mahomes throws a no-look INT
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61390 on: September 26, 2021, 06:20:52 pm »
Mahomes throws a no-look INT

should have been caught.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61391 on: September 26, 2021, 07:50:53 pm »
Chiefs getting back into it now

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61392 on: September 26, 2021, 07:53:27 pm »

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #61393 on: September 26, 2021, 09:00:47 pm »
Chargers doing their Chargers special trick of charging backwards when close to a victory with the clock close to zero.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61394 on: September 26, 2021, 09:01:36 pm »
Chargers doing their Chargers special trick of charging backwards when close to a victory with the clock close to zero.

not sure either team actually wants to win.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61395 on: September 26, 2021, 09:02:34 pm »
spoke too soon, the PI call getting them lucky
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #61396 on: September 26, 2021, 09:03:05 pm »
What the fuck are Charges doing with the TD ha

Offline scatman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61397 on: September 26, 2021, 09:03:27 pm »
wait, why didn't they burn the clock hahaha, fucking hell.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61398 on: September 26, 2021, 09:03:49 pm »
TD Chargers, but give Mahomes 32 seconds left with a timeout
#Sausages

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61399 on: September 26, 2021, 09:04:55 pm »
it is the chiefs, but the chargers have so far today done well at stopping the big plays.

good ending to this game.