Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2775016 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #50480 on: December 24, 2018, 09:47:44 am »
Ha that tackle is amazing. And 4th and 48 too :lmao

How does that happen? Couple of sackings and a penalty?

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50481 on: December 24, 2018, 10:17:42 am »
And they’re going to stick with Doug Marrone!  :lmao

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50482 on: December 24, 2018, 10:24:22 am »
Just how on earth did Steelers screw this play off race is beyond me. Same goes for Cowboys, they were looking thrash just few weeks ago but made it somehow.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50483 on: December 24, 2018, 10:39:03 am »

I'd have to look at the play by play again, but I think involved an offensive holding penalty and two massive sacks. They began the drive at the Miami 17 and finished it in their own half ;D

Hahaha yeah just watched it.

What makes it more sad/funny is the drive was the first time the Jags had started a drive inside the opponents 20 yard line all season.

As you say, a combination of sacks and Penalties pushed them back into their own half :)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #50484 on: December 24, 2018, 11:25:12 am »
Hahaha yeah just watched it.

What makes it more sad/funny is the drive was the first time the Jags had started a drive inside the opponents 20 yard line all season.

As you say, a combination of sacks and Penalties pushed them back into their own half :)

Should have gambled on the 4th down and gone for the TD!

Did they even get a field goal from it or was it too far out?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50485 on: December 24, 2018, 11:42:43 am »
Should have gambled on the 4th down and gone for the TD!

Did they even get a field goal from it or was it too far out?

Nah think they just had to punt mate :)

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #50486 on: December 24, 2018, 11:56:06 am »
he has hands all over him, that call gets made 9 times out of 10
Are we talking about the same play - the Saints' first touchdown? Even Nantz and Romo were aghast!

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50487 on: December 25, 2018, 03:34:23 pm »
So am I right thinking the fantasy league is now over? Congrats to Helsinki Reds for taking the title, absolutely crazy roster he had there. I'm very happy with my finals appearance, especially after getting screwed over after I missed the draft by the AI taking Dez Bryant and D'Onta Foreman. Though I did luck into Barkley so I really can't complain, this being my first fantasy league and all.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #50488 on: December 25, 2018, 03:43:39 pm »
Congratulations to Helsinki and the other fellow members of the discord Channel. We did it. Every single in of us is a winner unlike all those people who didn't join the channel and therefore aren't fantasy league winners...  :wave

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50489 on: December 25, 2018, 03:59:02 pm »
Cheers to you for taking part, but we will never everrrrr do another 20 league team again :D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50490 on: December 25, 2018, 04:54:07 pm »
Cheers to you for taking part, but we will never everrrrr do another 20 league team again :D

And thanks for setting it up! Same to Claus, for setting up the chat too! Was great fun, next year's is going to be immense

Merry christmas to you all

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #50491 on: December 25, 2018, 05:08:13 pm »
Helsinki Reds coach here, thanks for the congratulations  :wave

After the draft I was predicted to finish 19th on 3-10, so not quite sure how I managed to win the whole thing  ;D

Going into the season I thought the Vikings would be the team to beat in the NFC and the Steelers in AFC, so I signed Big Ben, Dalvin Cook and Latavius Murray as insurance in case Cook was struggling to recover from his injury last season.  Turned out the Vikings running game and the whole team has not reached the heights I expected  ;D  I think what got me a lot of my wins was having dual threats at RB, backs who get points in both the running and passing game.  And then I was able to snap up the rookie who came from nowhere Philip Lindsay in about week 3 because I lost my first game and was near the top of the waiver queue. I also chose well in the TE (Kelce), defense (Ravens) and kicker (Fairburn) departments, and Cook aside I avoided any players with bad injury histories, and definitely got luckier than most teams in that area.

Overall I really enjoyed my first Fantasy NFL season, I suppose winning does help though  ;) Having a couple of rookies (Lindsay and Tre'Quan Smith) to follow was fun as well. Hope everybody else enjoyed the season as well! Any chance of going back in time and having a large wager on the whole thing?  ;D
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50492 on: December 25, 2018, 05:18:48 pm »
Wait a minute. Your team is called Helsinki Reds but you're not Helsinki Red? And you're not in the discord Channel. So we're all losers? I feel terrible now... ;)

Congratulations to you... :)

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50493 on: December 25, 2018, 05:25:03 pm »
And thanks for setting it up! Same to Claus, for setting up the chat too! Was great fun, next year's is going to be immense

Merry christmas to you all

Merry Xmas mate and to your family, gutted  I missed out on the chat, I found out too late

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50494 on: December 25, 2018, 05:25:28 pm »
Helsinki Reds coach here, thanks for the congratulations  :wave

After the draft I was predicted to finish 19th on 3-10, so not quite sure how I managed to win the whole thing  ;D

Going into the season I thought the Vikings would be the team to beat in the NFC and the Steelers in AFC, so I signed Big Ben, Dalvin Cook and Latavius Murray as insurance in case Cook was struggling to recover from his injury last season.  Turned out the Vikings running game and the whole team has not reached the heights I expected  ;D  I think what got me a lot of my wins was having dual threats at RB, backs who get points in both the running and passing game.  And then I was able to snap up the rookie who came from nowhere Philip Lindsay in about week 3 because I lost my first game and was near the top of the waiver queue. I also chose well in the TE (Kelce), defense (Ravens) and kicker (Fairburn) departments, and Cook aside I avoided any players with bad injury histories, and definitely got luckier than most teams in that area.

Overall I really enjoyed my first Fantasy NFL season, I suppose winning does help though  ;) Having a couple of rookies (Lindsay and Tre'Quan Smith) to follow was fun as well. Hope everybody else enjoyed the season as well! Any chance of going back in time and having a large wager on the whole thing?  ;D

Congrats mate, we'll figure something out in due time Perhaps two leagues of 10.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #50495 on: December 25, 2018, 05:25:44 pm »
Wait a minute. Your team is called Helsinki Reds but you're not Helsinki Red? And you're not in the discord Channel. So we're all losers? I feel terrible now... ;)

Congratulations to you... :)

I live in Helsinki and I am a Red...there are quite a lot of us, surprisingly  ;) And I did join the Discord channel, I only chatted in there a couple of times quite a while back but it was very enjoyable talking NFL in there. I kind of forgot about it after that though...I was too busy leading my team to glory maybe  ;)
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50496 on: December 25, 2018, 05:39:51 pm »
The chat was definitely a lot of fun, especially since the entire NFL season was one giant fuck you to all fantasy owners it seemed haha.

Slowly watching people lose their mind week in, week out was a blast. Especially when it stopped being me!

Thanks again Defacto for setting it up!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50497 on: December 25, 2018, 05:46:38 pm »
What are you talking about? Nobody lost their mind. We were all very composed and definitely didn't get upset about teams with a shitload of great players in them or at people making weird trades...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50498 on: December 25, 2018, 06:02:19 pm »
The chat was definitely a lot of fun, especially since the entire NFL season was one giant fuck you to all fantasy owners it seemed haha.

Slowly watching people lose their mind week in, week out was a blast. Especially when it stopped being me!

Thanks again Defacto for setting it up!

Hahah cheers mate, looking forward to next season. I loved getting blown out by 78 points on a weekly basis. Felt like I was Everton  :lmao

In other news I won my other league with the following score: 104.82 to 104.66  :o :o :o

Talk about small margins.

Had the following team

Mahomes
Brady

Peterson
Breida
Conner
Burkhead

Beckham
Hopkins
Edelmen
Lockett
Boyd
Gordon
Ertz

Fairbarin

Kansas City Defense [LOL]

Had a better team elsewhere with a 12-2 record and first place but lost in the playoffs.

Note to self.

Never draft Gronkowski,McCoy,Bell,Brady again, ever.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 06:06:30 pm by deFacto »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50499 on: December 25, 2018, 07:25:08 pm »
What are you talking about? Nobody lost their mind. We were all very composed and definitely didn't get upset about teams with a shitload of great players in them or at people making weird trades...

7 good RBs in the sport and Ron had all of them...
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50500 on: December 25, 2018, 07:43:23 pm »
7 good RBs in the sport and Ron had all of them...

I had one, but unfortunately Lynn killed him on a needless trick play. Not bitter...

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #50501 on: December 26, 2018, 02:01:12 am »
I've got a Le'veon Bell 26 Pittsburgh Steelers jersey, 26[well 2-6 ;)] also happens to be the Bitters score from Sunday so wore the jersey Christmas Eve winding my mates who are Bitters that i have the score from Sunday on my jersey. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50502 on: December 27, 2018, 02:59:44 am »
Reports coming out that Miami are moving on from Tannehill next year.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50503 on: December 28, 2018, 02:14:44 pm »
Reports coming out that Miami are moving on from Tannehill next year.

Not too far for Bortles to relocate

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50504 on: December 29, 2018, 10:02:38 pm »
We all ready for tomorrows madness?

After that result tonight I couldn't give 2 shits what City do or don't do, so we can sit back an enjoy NFL. :)

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50505 on: December 29, 2018, 10:21:21 pm »
The Jets have to play the Patriots  :lmao

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #50506 on: December 29, 2018, 10:21:50 pm »
only about 130 afc possibliities or something like that.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #50507 on: December 29, 2018, 10:43:24 pm »
Will Mariota be able to play for the Titans?

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #50508 on: December 30, 2018, 06:36:26 pm »
Ryan Tannehill in the first quarter today: 2 completions. 2 interceptions.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #50509 on: December 30, 2018, 06:36:53 pm »
Adam Gase, Ryan Tannehill, Matt Burke making the job of the decision makers pretty easy. Get them all the fuck out of here.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #50510 on: December 30, 2018, 07:06:38 pm »
They should call all these early games now. The Pats have the bye and every other game is meaningless. Throw in backups or let everyone go home healthy.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #50511 on: December 30, 2018, 07:28:39 pm »
So they stuck all the dead rubbers on early I see?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #50512 on: December 30, 2018, 07:29:02 pm »
Lions doing classic Lions thing of showing up in a meaningless game that will affect their draft position

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50513 on: December 30, 2018, 07:34:13 pm »
So they stuck all the dead rubbers on early I see?

Yeah it's awesome.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline brightside.

• Main Stander
  • If you ain't first, you're last
    • twitter
« Reply #50514 on: December 30, 2018, 07:53:01 pm »
Yet another year of mediocrity by the Redskins. Fans are asking Dan Snyder to fire Bruce Allen, but the owner likes surrounding himself with incompetent yes men. This team hasn't won 11 games in the last 27 years. Fans should stop going to games until the front office is sorted out, it's not the players, it's the management.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel Kuyt could pull a Forest Gump once he retires from football. Just run for years without stopping

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50515 on: December 30, 2018, 08:16:16 pm »
Yet another year of mediocrity by the Redskins. Fans are asking Dan Snyder to fire Bruce Allen, but the owner likes surrounding himself with incompetent yes men. This team hasn't won 11 games in the last 27 years. Fans should stop going to games until the front office is sorted out, it's not the players, it's the management.

Bit of an asterisk there, they were rolling until Smith exploded

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #50516 on: December 30, 2018, 08:17:30 pm »
most teams implode when they lose their starting QB.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #50517 on: December 30, 2018, 08:55:47 pm »
Anyone catch what happened D. McCourty for the Patriots??

Must of missed it earlier
YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #50518 on: December 30, 2018, 08:57:35 pm »
Texans win the division, after starting 0-3, only other team to start 0-3 & win the division, was the 93 Chargers.
#Sausages

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50519 on: December 30, 2018, 09:34:29 pm »
Anyone catch what happened D. McCourty for the Patriots??

Must of missed it earlier

Concussion looks like