Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2930206 times)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Reply #30480 on: May 9, 2024, 12:24:26 pm »
Who?  You can't just say "oh there must be a forward with X", without then backing that claim up with actual stats.  Salah has a (non-penalty) goal or assist, from the wide right, every 102 mins.  The next best in the premier league is probably Saka - who from 2838 has 10 non-penalty goals and 9 assists - or one every 149 mins.    He'd want what Salah is on, and would cost *MORE* than what we could get for Salah.  Who else is there?  Most of the other options play on the left, or are out and out strikers - and probably cost more than Saka too.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it isn't terry_macss_perm's job to be finding replacements for players. He'd hardly be posting here suggesting we should be replacing Salah if it was.

So whether he can come up with a name of another player is absolutely irrelevant to him thinking Salah should be replaced.

I think we should replace about 5 players this summer. It's not my job to suggest or find those replacements or discuss the financial packages involved.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #30481 on: May 9, 2024, 06:41:24 pm »
Could end up with another mid-season AFCON next year now: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/67969369
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #30482 on: May 9, 2024, 06:48:32 pm »
Salah is still our best forward and would be very hard to replace. If somebody came along with a ridiculously high bid then I would take it but if not then he is still a very important player for us.
#JFT97

Online mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #30483 on: May 10, 2024, 08:47:25 am »
Could end up with another mid-season AFCON next year now: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/67969369

I feel like he'll play for Egypt till his 40.

He'd still be there best player anyway.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30484 on: May 10, 2024, 08:50:55 am »
The fact that they’re allowed to run a continental competition every 2 years is a joke. They should all be every 4 years. Mind you the expanded club world championships are a joke too. Imagine African players having a mid season AFCON January 2025, club world championships June 2025, a full league season 25/26, World Cup June 26, full league season 26/27, AFCON June 2027. Absurd amounts of football.

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #30485 on: May 10, 2024, 04:01:59 pm »

Think this out of date now and it is looking like happening in the summer? https://www.news24.com/sport/soccer/afcon/afcon-2025-to-be-played-in-july-august-with-preliminary-round-starting-next-month-20240220

Afcon 2021 was played in 2022 and Afcon 2023 was played in 2024, so looks like to get back on schedule there needs to be two in consecutive years, rather than just pushing back all future ones by a year. At least it's the summer, rather than two winters in a row. But by 2027, there will have been 3 in the previous 4 years...

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30486 on: Yesterday at 12:51:22 pm »
Vinnyjr could replace Salah …. Jus sayin  :hally

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30487 on: Yesterday at 03:27:18 pm »
Vinnyjr could replace Salah …. Jus sayin  :hally

Can guarantee you that he doesnt want to come here.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #30488 on: Yesterday at 06:48:04 pm »
Can guarantee you that he doesnt want to come here.
Seems that way. Unless he wins everything with Real and gets tired from the racist slurs hurled at him in every game.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."