Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 884301 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction Underway
« Reply #3080 on: February 18, 2023, 03:13:28 pm »
Can’t be that far off putting the glass in surely??

A hive of activity there, just so spacious when you think about just how tight the stairs and concourses are in the annie road end. Can’t wait to try it out!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3081 on: February 19, 2023, 05:34:51 pm »
The Hospitality seats are about the same as now.

Level 0 (Lower Anfield Road): All General Admission, 5000 home, 1000 visiting.
Level 1 (Lower part of the extension, replacing the Upper Anfield Road): 1,800 Hospitality, 800 visiting General Admission, 100 wheelchair
Level 2 (New extension): All General Admission, 5,700 home, 1,200 visiting.

At the moment the Upper Anny Rd has hospitality seats with off site catering. The big change is that catering and lounges for these seats will be on Level 1.

The above only adds up to 15,600 yet the announcements I’ve seen say the capacity of the new stand will be 15,967. Have we now lost 360 seats or are the numbers quoted above rough numbers?
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
« Reply #3082 on: February 19, 2023, 05:41:07 pm »

The above only adds up to 15,600 yet the announcements I’ve seen say the capacity of the new stand will be 15,967. Have we now lost 360 seats or are the numbers quoted above rough numbers?

Maybe segregation etc accounts for the shortfall

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3083 on: February 19, 2023, 05:54:43 pm »
I reckon between 3 and 3.5k so you have a good chance. Hopefully some official news on that soon.  I’m 1300 behind you so I’ll have to wait.
I was 2,719 in December 2021. I'm now 2,630 - I think we'll both be very lucky to be offered one.

I'd have thought they would want to sort out the waiting list before offering to people. Don't they usually start taking seasie money around May?

Be made up if it's 3k but we will see.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3084 on: February 19, 2023, 10:23:28 pm »
Maybe segregation etc accounts for the shortfall

Segregation over two tiers as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline N11RED

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3085 on: February 20, 2023, 10:08:24 am »
I'd have thought they would want to sort out the waiting list before offering to people. Don't they usually start taking seasie money around May?

Be made up if it's 3k but we will see.

I think you will. Was c3k on the list when they were doing the MS and I comfortably got my ticket with a pick of where I wanted to sit.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3086 on: February 20, 2023, 03:12:05 pm »

I think you will. Was c3k on the list when they were doing the MS and I comfortably got my ticket with a pick of where I wanted to sit.
main stand was a bigger increase in numbers though wasnt it? by about 1000 people?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline N11RED

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3087 on: February 20, 2023, 05:50:11 pm »
main stand was a bigger increase in numbers though wasnt it? by about 1000 people?

More capacity yes but think there is more GA seats proposed in the new Annie Road stand than the main?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3088 on: February 20, 2023, 05:59:52 pm »

Rough numbers and 332 are taken up by segregation.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3089 on: February 20, 2023, 06:51:00 pm »
More capacity yes but think there is more GA seats proposed in the new Annie Road stand than the main?

no idea of the numbers mate for ga

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3090 on: February 21, 2023, 03:58:25 pm »
Rough numbers and 332 are taken up by segregation.

. Thanks Alan
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3091 on: February 21, 2023, 07:51:28 pm »
The aerial shots from BT Sport tonight just shows the size of the new stand taking shape.  Aesthetically speaking the stadium looks weird now. :D

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #3092 on: February 21, 2023, 08:08:17 pm »
The aerial shots from BT Sport tonight just shows the size of the new stand taking shape.  Aesthetically speaking the stadium looks weird now. :D

Haha....4 stands, 5 roofs doesn't help!

Once the new stand is finished I think it'll all knit together really well. The fact that the new Main Stand is enormous was always going to give the ground a bit of an uneven look from the outside and ariel shots in particular.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 08:09:53 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3093 on: February 21, 2023, 09:04:43 pm »
From intense YouTube watching and chatting bollocks on this thread, I’ve decided that the Kop will be completely rebuilt within 10 years and the SKD will never be expanded. Possibly remodelled for internal upgrades and better hospitality. At least It won’t look wonky. Any further expansion will be new ground in Stanley Park. The end.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #3094 on: February 22, 2023, 06:58:13 am »
From intense YouTube watching and chatting bollocks on this thread, I’ve decided that the Kop will be completely rebuilt within 10 years and the SKD will never be expanded. Possibly remodelled for internal upgrades and better hospitality. At least It won’t look wonky. Any further expansion will be new ground in Stanley Park. The end.

I like the idea of the kop being redeveloped. The club continues to be stuck in its previous successes. Last night it was bouncing (up until the first goal) but with even more people it would be better. Not sure how many more people they could increase it for

Going the ground and seeing the continual change in person is phenomenal. More excited about the expansion than what’s going on on the pitch right now

Offline Will.Lacey

• Kemlynite
  • European Royalty
« Reply #3095 on: February 22, 2023, 02:58:06 pm »
For those asking above this is the exact figures for seat distribution.
They said our days were numbered, we're not famous any more🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3096 on: February 22, 2023, 03:03:17 pm »
thats really cool

Is there one for its existing layout?

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3097 on: February 22, 2023, 04:45:25 pm »
I'm not sure if it's been explicitly mentioned, but the existing truss being removed will allow another 60 or so seats to be used in the main stand.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3098 on: February 22, 2023, 05:31:27 pm »
Is there a rule about how many netted segregation seats there have to be? It seems rather a lot for some games. Can't imagine, say, Bournemouth fans getting up to much mischeif if there was a narrower gap.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Kozmapolitan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3099 on: February 23, 2023, 01:10:16 pm »
Not sure where these figures of 3-3.5k for the season ticket waiting list are coming from.
I'm pretty sure for the main stand, it was just 2k. I remember because I think I was around 2.3k on the waiting list and had to wait another few seasons to finally get one.
I get the impression that the club won't give any more to the waiting list than they absolutely have to so another 2k seems more realistic. I think they'd much rather give tickets to the members' pool and general sale.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3100 on: February 23, 2023, 05:20:59 pm »
I'm around 3800 on the list, 20 years been on it now, should have bought a seasie in the 70's :butt
Jurgen YNWA

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3101 on: February 23, 2023, 06:00:15 pm »
Not sure where these figures of 3-3.5k for the season ticket waiting list are coming from.
I'm pretty sure for the main stand, it was just 2k. I remember because I think I was around 2.3k on the waiting list and had to wait another few seasons to finally get one.
I get the impression that the club won't give any more to the waiting list than they absolutely have to so another 2k seems more realistic. I think they'd much rather give tickets to the members' pool and general sale.

It's just shy of 50% season ticket to capacity ratio, and the club have said they will stick to the same ratio so should be just over 2500 with the increase in non hospitality seats to home fans from what I remember working out a while back

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3102 on: February 24, 2023, 04:53:12 am »
A few pics from Tuesday night. Had a spare for the SKD. The game can fuck off but good to see how the stand looks from inside and outside.

Outside - it's a fucking beast.

The crawler crane under the lights.

The new roof overhanging the old roof and upper tier.

I agree about the SKD - can't see the point in rebuilding now - but I don't think the Kop will becompletely rebuilt. I was looking at it and of course it's smaller than the Main (and the SKD) but what's there still has a compactness (is that a word?) because the seating is on the old spacings that you can't build to now. My gut reaction is they'll find a way to cantilever back and get more seats that way. Can you extend the Kop to the same height as the new Main Stand, or even the SKD? Not without adding a new tier.

On three sides of the ground, the redevelopment has maximised seating by extending an older stand, retaining the benefit of the old seat spacing. It would be a shame to diute what's still good about the Kop (yes I know it's a pale imitation of the standing Kop) just to make an architectural statement.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3103 on: February 24, 2023, 06:56:41 am »
Compactness… I think that’s right…

Although when I first sat in the new kop I remember thinking how much bugger the seats were compared to the main stand ( at the time)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3104 on: February 24, 2023, 08:43:44 am »

but what's there still has a compactness (is that a word?)

If you didn't read that while hearing Rafa's voice then you're a big liar, no?  :)
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3105 on: February 24, 2023, 10:33:14 am »

Hope you're right.

Guaranteed income straight away for the club if they make so many seasies, also if you have a lot of GA available that may affect hospitality sales?
I know they just change unsold hospitality to GA tickets anyway to get rid, if you have more GA tickets on the site people will try to purchase them over the hospitality.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3106 on: February 24, 2023, 12:10:24 pm »

Although when I first sat in the new kop I remember thinking how much bugger the seats were compared to the main stand ( at the time)

Went back in the SKD/Kemlyn for the first time in about 15 years for the Legends game last year, forgot just how bloody cramped the seats are in there, its horrific compared to where we moved to in the Kop
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jwilstroplfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #3107 on: February 24, 2023, 02:02:05 pm »
I put it in the season ticket waiting list thread but I emailed the club about this last year and had a response saying that they will be sticking to the current ratio of season tickets to total capacity (the fact we are lower than most teams is another discussion) …given the current 27k (ish) number of season tickets to the circa 54k capacity you can say they will do circa 3k / 3.5k new ones

Of course this may change and they can do what they like but anything less than half there or there abouts goes against what they told me

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3108 on: February 24, 2023, 02:05:52 pm »
I understand why the qualities of the current Kop include its compactness, but it also has to do with the low roof. Regardless of how it's extended, it will lose that as it'll be impossible to keep the roof at the same level if they extend backwards due to sight lines.

Is there any practical reason not to extend the Kop in tiers? Other than tradition or an idea of what the Kop should be? Do we not get to a point where it's a question of feasibility? What's more important? A massive single stand or better capacity and greater access to tickets? Designed the right way we can still get the atmosphere, and it's a question as to whether that's even got anything to do with the ground design anymore or if it's just the clientele.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3109 on: February 24, 2023, 04:54:10 pm »
I understand why the qualities of the current Kop include its compactness, but it also has to do with the low roof. Regardless of how it's extended, it will lose that as it'll be impossible to keep the roof at the same level if they extend backwards due to sight lines.

Is there any practical reason not to extend the Kop in tiers? Other than tradition or an idea of what the Kop should be? Do we not get to a point where it's a question of feasibility? What's more important? A massive single stand or better capacity and greater access to tickets? Designed the right way we can still get the atmosphere, and it's a question as to whether that's even got anything to do with the ground design anymore or if it's just the clientele.

There’s not a lot to tiers in terms of capacity. Maybe another 4 or 6 rows (1000 maybe). You could add more but would probably end up with columns and the underside would need to be more or less level with the back edge of the kop - so quite high too
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 04:56:36 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3110 on: February 24, 2023, 06:56:23 pm »
I put it in the season ticket waiting list thread but I emailed the club about this last year and had a response saying that they will be sticking to the current ratio of season tickets to total capacity (the fact we are lower than most teams is another discussion) …given the current 27k (ish) number of season tickets to the circa 54k capacity you can say they will do circa 3k / 3.5k new ones

Of course this may change and they can do what they like but anything less than half there or there abouts goes against what they told me

With a bit of luck they'll go the higher side and with people who don't take up the offer, I'll finally get mine.
Jurgen YNWA

Online meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3111 on: February 24, 2023, 09:06:58 pm »
If the space behind the SKD was free, and it was a toss up between re-doing that and the Kop - I'd choose the SKD.
I actually love the Kop as it is. As long as it's all standing. I refuse to sit at a football match.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #3112 on: February 26, 2023, 10:30:02 am »
Just been to look around the new stand, first thing I noticed was that were no cranes on sight! So will they make a reappearance or are all the big lifts done?

Few workers on sight, I saw some plastering work getting done and just heard other stuff going on.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3113 on: February 26, 2023, 01:00:21 pm »
^
I can see two cranes up from here in Sefton Park. The big crawler crane is not up though. No idea if it's still on site but just not extended currently.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3114 on: February 26, 2023, 01:25:50 pm »
^
I can see two cranes up from here in Sefton Park. The big crawler crane is not up though. No idea if it's still on site but just not extended currently.

Latest Mr Drone video shows the crawler has been dismantled and is going to be removed, presumably as all the heavy lifts are done.

Its mainly the precast terracing at either end and the roof to be finished. Some block work started at either end and the windows should be going in the next few months

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3115 on: February 26, 2023, 01:53:01 pm »
Latest Mr Drone video shows the crawler has been dismantled and is going to be removed, presumably as all the heavy lifts are done.

Its mainly the precast terracing at either end and the roof to be finished. Some block work started at either end and the windows should be going in the next few months
Thanks. I've not seen Droney's latest offering yet. I'll have to have a look.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it finished now. Hopefully I'll be able to get a ticket in there at some point to check it out.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #3116 on: February 26, 2023, 04:25:34 pm »
Yeah...a couple of hours after no cranes, I saw a crane at the Main Stand side and one roughly in the middle at the back, these were white skinny things, sorry not a very technical term!

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3117 on: February 26, 2023, 11:59:18 pm »

Who knows? At the moment, it doesn't look likely, but it is hardly impossible, if you remove that row of houses ...

Online meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3118 on: February 27, 2023, 07:16:45 am »
I don’t think the club, the local area and particularly the people who live in those properties (including Wylva road) have any appetite to remove those rows of houses. I’m not aiming this at you, but I personally find the constant speculation on drone videos and Skyscraper City about such undertakings pretty grotesque. And I’m glad it never takes hold on this site.

Besides the moral aspect of the conversation, the precedent set by the preparation to re-build the main stand, even the Kemlyn road, proves that clearing a built up residential area is a timely, costly and deeply controversial undertaking. I can’t see FSG wanting to go anywhere near it (or even see the need to go past 65k).

As much as I love stadium development, I’d actually (possibly naively) rather they concentrate on ploughing the money into players for the next 10 years.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 07:34:18 am by meady1981 »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3119 on: February 27, 2023, 08:03:51 am »
Well, I don't think it will happen in the near future, and even if it happens, it will most likely include adding 5,000 seats to the upper tier of the SKD stand (not a new tier) and a new roof identical to the ARE stand. In order to do that, you probably won't need to remove more than one row of houses ...