Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3464059 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #64040 on: November 18, 2021, 04:31:37 pm »
Can we make mask wearing compulsory on public transport then, especially in the rush up to Christmas?  That would be common sense, but naturally this government will doubtless find some excuse for not doing it.  ::)

People might not like some of my comments and what I wish on this murdering shower, but it has got to the stage where it needs one of these twats to die from Covid to wake them up to the reality.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #64041 on: November 18, 2021, 04:47:11 pm »
Sorry to hear you're ill Jill, get well soon
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #64042 on: November 18, 2021, 05:23:31 pm »
Sorry to hear you're ill Jill, get well soon
Best wishes, Jill. We are all thinking of you.

YNWA   :thumbup

Thanks.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64043 on: November 18, 2021, 05:36:09 pm »
Just caught up with thread. Feeling any better Jill? Hope you get better soon.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64044 on: November 18, 2021, 06:32:33 pm »
Just caught up with thread. Feeling any better Jill? Hope you get better soon.

So far I’m not too bad thanks, just a sore throat and some coughing. 😀

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64045 on: November 18, 2021, 06:37:21 pm »
People might not like some of my comments and what I wish on this murdering shower, but it has got to the stage where it needs one of these twats to die from Covid to wake them up to the reality.
yep with hindsight it's a shame Johnson didn't succumb, it would be quite apt though if someone like Mogg got at least a very bad dose, maybe not death but certainly a few weeks in ICU on a ventilator might make him a more tolerant person but then again
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64046 on: November 18, 2021, 06:41:50 pm »
The delta Plus variant is spreading like wildfire here it seems although it appears to not cause too many symptomatic cases, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing though

Another 200 deaths today but nobody gives a damn anymore

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #64047 on: November 18, 2021, 06:52:13 pm »
The delta Plus variant is spreading like wildfire here it seems although it appears to not cause too many symptomatic cases, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing though

Another 200 deaths today but nobody gives a damn anymore

The better news is that case trends in older groups suggest the booster rollout is starting to have an impact there and hopefully that should eventually start feeding through to lower mortality as well

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #64048 on: November 18, 2021, 07:10:32 pm »
Been back in my old school for the last two weeks and hardly anybody seems to be wearing masks at all,and a number of kids off with covid symptoms, so not sure this is wise myself, so i still used mine:

School have got to be a hot bed for this virus in my opinion:
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64049 on: November 18, 2021, 07:12:04 pm »
Been back in my old school for the last two weeks and hardly anybody seems to be wearing masks at all,and a number of kids off with covid symptoms, so not sure this is wise myself, so i still used mine:

If you look at the age groups for the whole autumn wave, I would think schools are the main driver of the whole wave unfortunately.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #64050 on: November 18, 2021, 07:27:51 pm »
Only anecdotal but feels like it’s a lot worse in Primary than Secondary schools around here. Maybe that’s a sign that vaccinating teenagers has had some success.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64051 on: November 18, 2021, 07:30:46 pm »
Feel better soon, Jill :wave

This surge in cases around the UK and Europe is really bothering me. I know too many people who've had it, lost loved ones to it, and too many who are still talking complete bollocks about the countermeasures and outright mocking the rest of us for wanting to keep safe. Fucking fuming over the attitude of some people.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #64052 on: November 18, 2021, 07:43:45 pm »

We’ve had to reintroduce masks in corridors due to cases.  It’s a bit of a battle to be honest…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64053 on: November 18, 2021, 07:45:37 pm »
The Oxford Rd to Lime Street train went through the local station before, 6 carriages, all rammed and I struggled to see anyone wearing a mask. No wonder we're through the fucking roof with covid.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64054 on: November 18, 2021, 08:43:37 pm »
I think for J&J it is the same as the others at present and 6 months after the previous dose, not sure I'm a big fan of that, J&J should always have been a 2 dose vaccine imho.

Agree about the J and J, but I’d say it’s become clear now that these are all actually 3 dose vaccines. The evidence is overwhelming.

I was very sceptical about rolling out a third dose a few months back in favour of giving doses to poorer countries, but I was wrong. All evidence points to them being 3 dose vaccines like many of the ones we get as children.

We need to change the perception of the third dose being a booster, some kind of luxury, take it if you want it. If we were so delighted with the efficacy we saw after the two dose trials this time last year, we should really be blown away by the efficacy of this third dose. We need to throw everything we’ve got at getting this third dose rolled out like we did with 1 & 2.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64055 on: November 18, 2021, 09:02:04 pm »
Feel better soon, Jill :wave

This surge in cases around the UK and Europe is really bothering me. I know too many people who've had it, lost loved ones to it, and too many who are still talking complete bollocks about the countermeasures and outright mocking the rest of us for wanting to keep safe. Fucking fuming over the attitude of some people.

Thanks. The numbers are worrying but it’s been obvious that a lot of people have just gone straight back into normality. But it was always going to be the case once they took the restrictions away. You only have see Johnson waltzing around in hospitals maskless to know it would have a knock effect on everyone else.

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64056 on: November 18, 2021, 10:16:09 pm »
Agree about the J and J, but I’d say it’s become clear now that these are all actually 3 dose vaccines. The evidence is overwhelming.

I was very sceptical about rolling out a third dose a few months back in favour of giving doses to poorer countries, but I was wrong. All evidence points to them being 3 dose vaccines like many of the ones we get as children.

We need to change the perception of the third dose being a booster, some kind of luxury, take it if you want it. If we were so delighted with the efficacy we saw after the two dose trials this time last year, we should really be blown away by the efficacy of this third dose. We need to throw everything we’ve got at getting this third dose rolled out like we did with 1 & 2.

Totally agree, the 3rd dose data looks phenomenal, its why I was so eager to get one as soon as I could possibly qualify for it!

I just find it odd that the whole approach to the booster campaign seems to lack much urgency both from the govt and also from a lot of the general public, especially coming up to probably the highest risk time of the year in terms of transmission.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64057 on: November 18, 2021, 10:20:35 pm »
About this lockdown for the unvaccinated. Does that count those who haven’t had boosters? As the second jab will have worn off, technically making someone unvaccinated. Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #64058 on: November 18, 2021, 10:24:55 pm »
About this lockdown for the unvaccinated. Does that count those who haven’t had boosters? As the second jab will have worn off, technically making someone unvaccinated. Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question.
Lockdown?

Apart from work and buying food.  What’s the point then? And it’s almost unenforceable too.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64059 on: November 18, 2021, 10:30:17 pm »
not sure, I guess it's possible once three doses are classed as being fully vaccinated, I imagine it will vary between countries but I suspect the rules for travelling will be updated to mean that three doses are fully vaccinated but two are not so isolation rules will then apply to the double jabbed.

Some way off that yet though

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64060 on: November 18, 2021, 10:31:24 pm »
Looking in the shops and in society in general, you'd think there was no pandemic going on any more. Crazy.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #64061 on: November 18, 2021, 10:34:04 pm »
Looking in the shops and in society in general, you'd think there was no pandemic going on any more. Crazy.
blame the government for that, when you have Johnson walking round a hospital without wearing a mask, many people are going to just follow his lead

• Kopite
« Reply #64062 on: November 18, 2021, 10:52:22 pm »
Lockdown?

Apart from work and buying food.  What’s the point then? And it’s almost unenforceable too.

Yeah the media have been floating today, it doesn’t make sense to me.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64063 on: November 18, 2021, 10:54:16 pm »
I remember that, I think that might of been the the catalyst to get the oximeter.
I just purchased a Pulse Oximeter today, done it 2 minutes ago and the readings were 98 SpO2  and 72 PR    :)

• Kopite
« Reply #64064 on: November 18, 2021, 10:54:29 pm »
not sure, I guess it's possible once three doses are classed as being fully vaccinated, I imagine it will vary between countries but I suspect the rules for travelling will be updated to mean that three doses are fully vaccinated but two are not so isolation rules will then apply to the double jabbed.

Some way off that yet though

Yeah there is so much ambiguity about it. I feel anyone who is double jabbed shouldn’t be put in the same category as anti vaxxers. It won’t go down well. Hopefully nothing like that happens anyway.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #64065 on: November 18, 2021, 10:57:03 pm »
I just purchased a Pulse Oximeter today, done it 2 minutes ago and the readings were 98 SpO2  and 72 PR    :)

Handy little device. I've had a cold, LTF was negative but tight chest and wheezy but my Oximeter reading was 97 and PR 58, my normal readings so,put my mind at rest.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #64066 on: November 18, 2021, 11:00:12 pm »
Yeah there is so much ambiguity about it. I feel anyone who is double jabbed shouldn’t be put in the same category as anti vaxxers. It won’t go down well. Hopefully nothing like that happens anyway.

I suppose any restrictions will depend on whether or not you are in a category that requires the third jab. A healthy 35 year old won't need one, yet, but someone my age should have had their third jab to protect themselves.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64067 on: November 18, 2021, 11:04:04 pm »
Handy little device. I've had a cold, LTF was negative but tight chest and wheezy but my Oximeter reading was 97 and PR 58, my normal readings so,put my mind at rest.
The leaflet that came with mine says that Normal oxygen level is between 95 and 100 and Normal PR is between 60 and 100 . . . .  between 60 and 100 for your PR, is this right, it is quite a big difference isn't it.    ???

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64068 on: November 18, 2021, 11:08:18 pm »
The leaflet that came with mine says that Normal oxygen level is between 95 and 100 and Normal PR is between 60 and 100 . . . .  between 60 and 100 for your PR, is this right, it is quite a big difference isn't it.    ???
nah pr can go up and down quite frequently, don't worry about it.
However, oxygen level going lower than 90 is a definite worry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64069 on: November 18, 2021, 11:17:57 pm »
nah pr can go up and down quite frequently, don't worry about it.
However, oxygen level going lower than 90 is a definite worry
OK thanks mate    :-)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64070 on: November 19, 2021, 09:05:59 am »

When my lad had covid he was rough and being able to keep an eye on his O2 really did set my mind at rest.

Sister in laws mates husband would still likely be alive if they had one  :(
Jurgen YNWA

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #64071 on: November 19, 2021, 10:47:53 am »
Mrs D had symptoms (I've none at all) so we went for a PCR yesterday and both positive so that's us stuck in together for the next 10 days  :-[. I had my booster booked today as well which I've had to cancel and the missus is booked in for hers in 3 weeks.
Anyone know how long you have to wait to get the jab after you've had covid?

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #64072 on: November 19, 2021, 10:54:57 am »
Full national lockdown in Austria and plans for compulsory vaccination from next February. Not messing around.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64073 on: November 19, 2021, 10:58:20 am »
Full national lockdown in Austria and plans for compulsory vaccination from next February. Not messing around.

Can't see anything about punishments for those that don't get vaccinated. Fines I'm guessing.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #64074 on: November 19, 2021, 11:08:10 am »
Mrs D had symptoms (I've none at all) so we went for a PCR yesterday and both positive so that's us stuck in together for the next 10 days  :-[. I had my booster booked today as well which I've had to cancel and the missus is booked in for hers in 3 weeks.
Anyone know how long you have to wait to get the jab after you've had covid?

28 days from the date of the positive test I think. I’m sure you can rebook it at any point though.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #64075 on: November 19, 2021, 11:35:39 am »
Can't see anything about punishments for those that don't get vaccinated. Fines I'm guessing.

There will be fines, but there are no details yet as the exact law will have to be worked out in the next few weeks and the government has already said they want to include various interest groups (like unions, Chamber of Commerce, legal experts) in the process. That's why they've announced it for February which is too late to fight the current wave. There is precedent as we already had compulsory vaccinations for smallpox from 1948 to 1981. The fine for not getting vaccinated was somewhere around 1100 Euros.

As someone asked earlier about booster-shots and how they work with vaccine passports/lockdown for unvaccinated, the passports are valid for 9 months after you've gotten your 2nd dose of the vaccine. So, if you had your 2nd shot 9 months and 1 or  more days ago the passport is no longer valid. So, I got fully vaccinated on 18th June and my certificate was valid until 18th March next year. Getting a booster extends that period again (don't know for how long, but I would imagine it's 6 or 9 months for now until we know more about what immunity is like after three vaccine doses). So, if you don't get your booster after 9 months your vaccine passport runs out and you are basically the same as someone who's unvaccinated in terms of being able to use the certificate to get into events or restaurants.

With getting vaccinated becoming mandatory in February they've also announced that they'll shorten that period from 9 to 7 months. The 9 months were chosen, because no one knew how long immunity lasts and 9 months was the time where they thought boosters would be needed. Now they recommend boosters after 6 months, for the AZ-vaccine they've shortened it to 4 months and you're getting a mRNA vaccine. If you've gotten Biontech/Pfizer or Moderna you can also get a booster after 4 months, but the official recommentadtion is still 6 months and if you get it earlier it's an off-label use you have to agree to. Will get my booster next week.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64076 on: November 19, 2021, 11:45:58 am »
Lad has gotten over his post covid vaccination ills, right as rain and back in school.

Are kids getting a second dose?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #64077 on: November 19, 2021, 11:47:22 am »

Absolutely despicable. I'm not messing around either. They need demand re-election or whatever to get that dude out of office. Forceful injections of adults has no place in anything advertising itself to be a democracy. Even if the vaccine works and is effective, which I'm not desputing in terms of saving lives of elders, you just can't do that.

Bet some here will claim it's the greatest form of freedom though.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 11:49:17 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64078 on: November 19, 2021, 11:48:00 am »

Are kids getting a second dose?

Think yes, as part of the booster programme. Not entirely sure about under 16s though.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #64079 on: November 19, 2021, 11:48:58 am »
Absolutely despicable. I'm not messing around either. They need demand re-election or whatever to get that dude out of office. Forceful injections of adults has no place in anything advertising itself to be a democracy. Even if the vaccine works and is effective, you just can't do that.

Sometimes though, if the adults are utter fuckwits then they need to be told what to do instead of giving them freedom to be fuckwits.... ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.