Author Topic: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance  (Read 225227 times)

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Reply #5040 on: Yesterday at 06:23:42 pm »
Not giving up until it's mathematically impossible

If city and arsenal both lose this weekend then we've gained a point in the race. ITS ON!

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #5041 on: Yesterday at 06:25:28 pm »
Can we turn the main title into Top Four Race?

Online DLF

• Justified and Ancient
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5042 on: Yesterday at 06:58:58 pm »
It's all gone a bit Roy Evans.  Oh well, we lost a lot of experience last summer but it was fun while it lasted.  For years I didn't expect to even be in a title race never mind actually winning the thing when we did!  Cheers Jurgen.
The secret is that our Liverpool team never know when to stop running and working. At Anfield we have always believed in players supporting each other and concentrating on not giving the ball away. You can't go charging forward all the time, willy-nilly. You must have patience.

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5043 on: Yesterday at 07:42:13 pm »
Even with a tired and weary City and Arsenal, the league would be done for us now…the fact that they’re not and both are playing like they’re fresh as daisies just means there’s not even a glimmer of hope.  Also the way we’re like a pub side at the back and toothless in front of goal means I’m struggling to see where our next win comes from.  I wish Klopp was staying, but ultimately I just want this season done and the new guy in and getting to work.
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #5044 on: Yesterday at 08:08:38 pm »
We bottled it similar to what happened to Arsenal last year. Arsenal will bottle it this year as well when they lose to spurs. It’s citehs again this season.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5045 on: Yesterday at 10:07:12 pm »
Villa's draw tonight means that our season has all but ended officially.

Time to play the kids.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #5046 on: Yesterday at 10:49:52 pm »
Can we turn the main title into Top Four Race?

PTSD inducing post.

The heady days of the Rafatolla
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5047 on: Yesterday at 10:52:24 pm »
10 points dropped in the last 5 league games. Our season died at that Fa Cup game at Old Trafford. Since then the belief to hold on to a lead and control games is gone. At thia point heads have gone both from Klopp and the lads. This is a bottle job. In the last 10 games, we have gone from chasing a quadruple to season being over already with just the league cup. Jurgen deserved more, much much more. The club raising the prices in the run in didnt help either. We were a club with everyone pulling in the same direction. Over the last 5 weeks, it seems like internally they have already moved on.

That's the bigger problem, we never seem to be able to take the lead never mind hold on to it. Did they say 24 times in 55 games we've went behind now ?  That's bonkers

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5048 on: Yesterday at 11:25:36 pm »
The only consolation for all of us distraught Reds is that unlike under previous managers before Jurgen (since 1990) when our season often ended in November, this year he took us close to the brink in the most unusual and bizarre circumstances I've ever known. And I'm glad for his sanity he's out of it.
The injuries is one thing, but the fucking officials is a different aspect of depressing bewilderment. The amount of unacceptable and unexplainable small and significant decisions that went against us would question why you allow yourself to consume, gorge and indeed self-harm to such an unfathomable extent.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #5049 on: Yesterday at 11:45:27 pm »
Serious question but before the season started and after the season we had last year, how many of us would have been happy with a cup win and a return to Champions League football?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #5050 on: Yesterday at 11:45:56 pm »
John, we can only control what is in our influence, from the early start of the season we’ve been conceding and chasing games, not controlling games, but chasing games - that’s not sustainable for a campaign.
Sure you can argue refereeing decisions, every fan, team and club can and will do, but make no mistakes about it, our porous defence, our profligate tendencies in front of goal almost on a half by half basis, and even though we put in some solid numbers ( though the porous bit at the back meant we had to), we couldn’t sustain it.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and on reflection, we’ve been walking a tightrope all season and we just haven’t really seen it and looking at some of the disharmony that has reared its head, maybe that’s what tipped us over on that precarious tightrope we’ve been on.

Some down souls out there today, regular faces you get a smile from, this time it was a shrug and an air disappointment, people still carrying Wednesday with them and many hitting the same notes - it wasn’t sustainable and we became predictable over these final 2 months.

A new brush sweeps clean, they say, and perhaps that’s what we need in both the playing and coaching staff.

The king is dead, long live the king.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family