Author Topic: Your favourite LFC goal of all time  (Read 41909 times)

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
Re: Your favourite LFC goal of all time
« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2011, 04:23:46 am »
Don't think anyone has mentioned his goal against Inter in 2008. How he put it in the far corner from that angle and distance was incredible.

vid?

Offline springsten

• Kemlynite
  • ▽▽▽ Witch Doctor ▽▽▽

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2011, 04:56:56 am »
Too many to mention but certainly the best celebrated goal at a game that I attended was the equaliser versus Blackburn in the FA Cup game in 1991.  We were losing 1-0 and after a quick 'assist' by a ball-boy in the 94th minute, the ball was lobbed into the box and it was scrambled in.  The travelling support went berserk!  Great memories.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline DaftFunk

• Main Stander
  • Love is the flower you've got to let grow
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2011, 05:36:09 am »
Without thinking about it, this is the first that popped up..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-bc0wWMNT0

..enjoy!

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2011, 10:13:02 am »
Too many to mention but certainly the best celebrated goal at a game that I attended was the equaliser versus Blackburn in the FA Cup game in 1991.  We were losing 1-0 and after a quick 'assist' by a ball-boy in the 94th minute, the ball was lobbed into the box and it was scrambled in.  The travelling support went berserk!  Great memories.

I was at that game as well. I think it was actually on og from Atkins. The then MOTD presenter with the big pointy chin publicly blamed the Balckburn ball girl for throwing the ball back in too quickly!!

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2011, 10:32:35 am »

Does anyone have the vid to that ?

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2011, 10:36:07 am »
This goal always makes me laugh....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zn9avJQ6g4

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2011, 12:07:59 pm »
Watching out 5-1 game against Chelsea on LFC TV when Berger scored the 4th and the lads were celebrating, Fowler dragged the linesman into the players celebrations. Never seen that before but it was hilarious.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: June 19, 2011, 07:17:07 pm »
Watching out 5-1 game against Chelsea on LFC TV when Berger scored the 4th and the lads were celebrating, Fowler dragged the linesman into the players celebrations. Never seen that before but it was hilarious.

Can't find the video link for it, but Andy Myers headed a classic og for us in that game with a full length diving header from a Barnes cross. Probably the best headed og since Sandy Brown in the late 60's (I'm not quite old enough to recall the exact year!!).

Offline animalmagiccakes

• Kemlynite
« Reply #209 on: June 19, 2011, 07:19:24 pm »

this ...

Offline lurganboy

• Legacy Fan
  • Look! It's that bellend from 606!
« Reply #210 on: June 20, 2011, 06:09:10 pm »
The OP's suggestion of little Luis' goal v Juve is my Liverpool goal of all time.

Why? I'm 45. So I remember all the glory, glory years of LFC as top dogs. Then we declined. And had bit part status until the early 2000s when we showed signs of stirring, then fell back again. Rafa came in, we had a totally average squad (for LFC). Nothing much was expected of that first Rafa season. Owen had gone, a rebuilding job was on the cards. We got past the group stage and made some progress - last ditch in the case of Olympiakios - and then got Juve. They were stronger than they are today. We were average. I fully expected to go out at that stage. Thinking 'decent first attempt for Rafa.' Then Sami scored a beaut of a goal and you just thought 'Maybe, maybe..' Then came a world-class lob by Luis and suddenly we were back somewhere I couldn't remember being for a long, long time.

The goal that brought us back to life.

Offline AntonisCyprus

• Legacy Fan
  • Cyprus Branch
The Cyprus BRANCH RED Fans

Offline Xabi_Lad

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2011, 08:33:17 pm »
The OP's suggestion of little Luis' goal v Juve is my Liverpool goal of all time.

Why? I'm 45. So I remember all the glory, glory years of LFC as top dogs. Then we declined. And had bit part status until the early 2000s when we showed signs of stirring, then fell back again. Rafa came in, we had a totally average squad (for LFC). Nothing much was expected of that first Rafa season. Owen had gone, a rebuilding job was on the cards. We got past the group stage and made some progress - last ditch in the case of Olympiakios - and then got Juve. They were stronger than they are today. We were average. I fully expected to go out at that stage. Thinking 'decent first attempt for Rafa.' Then Sami scored a beaut of a goal and you just thought 'Maybe, maybe..' Then came a world-class lob by Luis and suddenly we were back somewhere I couldn't remember being for a long, long time.

The goal that brought us back to life.

+1 simply because i completely agree with your sentiments

Offline PaisleyRome77

• Kemlynite
  • We murdered them 0-0!
« Reply #213 on: June 20, 2011, 08:59:10 pm »
The moment I fell in love with Steven Gerrard; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmcCpcxMOjY
My favorite goal :)

Yes!

:scarf
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Twitter: @MCTachyon

Offline PILLSBURY069

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #215 on: June 20, 2011, 09:37:17 pm »
So many to choose from, Rushies fa cup final one when he knocks the camera over, the collymore winner against newcastle int he 4-3, the 3 goals in istanbul but the one that I will always love is Kennys goal in the 78 european cup final, it wasnt te the greatest goal but the celebration was great.
Who ate all the pies?????? I DID!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: June 20, 2011, 11:08:35 pm »
There's been some fabulous Gerrard goals mentioned in this thread. Here's another one that deserves a mention. We didn't play too well on the day, but this clinched a 3 - 1 win after Gerrard had put us back in fromt a couple of minutes earlier....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcHM6kMDwmo

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: June 20, 2011, 11:16:21 pm »
Too many but for me it would have to be Gerrard's last minute strike on the FA Cup Final.

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: June 20, 2011, 11:27:15 pm »
8)

What a strike that was. It also annoyed me watching it later on MOTD because the commentator tried to suggest that it would be Gerrard's parting gift to Liverpool fans before he shot off in the summer. He wouldn't have said it had Fat Frank scored that goal for Chelsea, although that would have required at least 5 deflections before finding the net!!!

Offline theblackhumor

• Anny Roader
  • oh boy.
« Reply #219 on: June 20, 2011, 11:27:54 pm »
Hyypia's equaliser when we played against Arsenal in the CL quarters is up there for me.  Ball was headed so well that you knew it was going in before it did.

But the first goal that came to my mind was that goal Fowler scored against the mancs where gary neville shits his pants and falls over as Fowler took the ball down and shot past barthez. Love it simply because of who scored the goal and the opposition really. Think Gerrard also scored a beaut in that game too.

Offline caze

• Kopite
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2011, 11:32:48 pm »
Mellor's late winner against Arsenal always brings a smile to my face.

Offline CRAZY HORSE EMLYN

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2011, 12:28:11 am »
Was thinking earlier tonight, if I was allowed one shot in a time machine, would I go back and see the dinosaurs, would I go and figure out who shot JFK, would I go and put on last weeks lottery numbers? Would I hell, I'd go here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9B26fXTj4c

The goal was before I was born, but its just such a legend... its in about 23 seconds in here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIsbR24T2qg

I think Garcia's 'ghost' against Chelsea may be its modern day equivalent, for me.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2011, 01:15:30 am »
Robbie's missed penalty against Arsenal, which he felt was unfairly awarded to him.

Epitomise TLW, gentlemanly conduct but with a ruthless streak when its needed (we did score off seaman's save:)

Offline Fazakerley Red

• No longer angry :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fazakerley Red
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2011, 01:20:48 am »
Mark Walters winner against Auxerre in 92. What a game.
great night that

Offline Fazakerley Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Fazakerley Red
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2011, 01:31:48 am »
here is some great goals  this has my favoriye goal on it briefly the late late pen at watford 6th round replay  1986 not because it was a great pen its because what it meant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS24uaOQKHM

Offline Joey_Healy

• Main Stander
  • Patience is Key
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2011, 01:34:16 am »
Stevies screamer vs West Ham in Cardiff, A roy of the rovers game and that goal knocked the stuffing out of West Ham,.  Also his penalty in the 4-1 win at Old Trafford, mainly because of his celebration when he kissed the badge and then the camera! Pure Class
http://twitter.com/#!/Joey_Healy
how did cole do? Missed the game.
He showed promise and looked up for it....then it all went to pot when we kicked off.

Offline SharksFin

• Boys Pen
  • lick lick
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2011, 01:38:47 am »

Offline Fazakerley Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Fazakerley Red
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2011, 01:40:13 am »
some more great goals from the great graeme souness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trDP0RZSX9E&feature=related

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2011, 03:10:59 am »
Gerrard vs Olympiakos... enough said
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

Offline Fazakerley Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Fazakerley Red
« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2011, 09:42:17 am »
some more great goals from the great graeme souness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trDP0RZSX9E&feature=related
 souey's hatrick in the quarter finals of the european cup 1981 against CSKA sofia  utter magic everyone is in the frame for favorite goal or maybe souey's against  everton at maine road to win the league cup 1984   

Offline Redstafarian

• Anny Roader
  • Fish fingers, mash n peas
« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2011, 09:50:18 am »
Kenny's in the League Cup Final against West Ham, or Bergers freakish free kick from 30 plus yards out vs the mancs.
Liverpool 2 West Ham 1, BBC Radio live coverage of league cup final  ... first and best memory

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2011, 10:12:03 am »
babel vs arsenal in the champions league

about 10 of us (none of us knew each other) went nuts in our local. the noise would make you think about 1000 people were there.

cant beat reina running to join in celebrations
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2011, 10:13:05 am »
Whelan V Portsmouth FA Cup semi in 92.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru3l5RHgwIY

I remember thinking as soon as Barnes stepped up 'we're gonna score here'. My first and last time on the Northbank as well. 12 years old and fucking loving it. I loved that cup run. Barnes pen in the replay was the epitmy of class as well. Barnes was just fucking magic.

Offline Redstafarian

• Anny Roader
  • Fish fingers, mash n peas
« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2011, 10:18:55 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSS4ONdOrqM&feature=related

It happens at 1.45 but may as well enjoy the rest too : )
Liverpool 2 West Ham 1, BBC Radio live coverage of league cup final  ... first and best memory

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2011, 10:21:34 am »
It's this for me:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kM5XP-Ps7tk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kM5XP-Ps7tk</a>

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #236 on: June 21, 2011, 11:34:29 am »
These goals are really under-rated but were class.

Garcia's bullet header from nearly outside the box which flew in perfectly in 2005 I think. ( Can't find a video of it )
Berger's goal simply summed up as sublime and is very very under-rated : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo-wk-xrSR8

Offline windy

• Boys Pen
« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2011, 11:38:09 am »
Terry Mac v Spurs in the 7-0 drubbing sweeping move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOB7pcqBH-Y

This one for me, happy days

Offline mozredbank

• Kemlynite
  • Block 208
« Reply #238 on: June 21, 2011, 07:47:33 pm »
Dalglish, Wembley, May 1978

I was seven years old and my dad had taken me to a few games at Anfield but wouldn't or couldn't take me to the final(still don't know if I believe him or my mum for the reasons!)
It was the first goal that I can remember from memory, and from that moment on Kenny was King. In my opinion he was and still is the best player to ever have worn the Liverpool shirt.
I remember my dad having a £5 record token, and because I was so upset (prob cried!) he gave it to me. (don't take the piss £5 was a huge amount in 1978!!)
I also remember spending it at John Menzies in Liscard on a Saxon tape, my music taste has got better!

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: June 21, 2011, 08:17:58 pm »

I remember checking that on teletext :D I think it was the 96/97 season with the cream away shirt and i'd got Berger on the back of it

These goals are really under-rated but were class.

Garcia's bullet header from nearly outside the box which flew in perfectly in 2005 I think. ( Can't find a video of it )
Berger's goal simply summed up as sublime and is very very under-rated : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo-wk-xrSR8

Classic! I can't remember ever seeing that but it's definately up there with my favorite all time premiership goal. A very similar goal by Henry.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 08:20:09 pm by Magin85 »