Author Topic: Spyin' Kop, Everton v Liverpool, Saturday 20th October 2007:  (Read 10316 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Spyin' Kop, Everton v Liverpool, Saturday 20th October 2007:
« on: October 16, 2007, 05:27:48 pm »
A short trip across Stanley park awaits us on Saturday for another early kick off against our beloved blue cousins. Both teams will be eager to shake off some indifferent form, but as we all know form doesn't seem to enter into the scheme of things when the Merseyside derby is thrust upon us.

Both sets of players have had a two week break from domestic action due to international matches, and hopefully it'll be our players that will benefit from that. Providing that they introduce themselves to each other and actually look like they've played together before, we might just gel as a team, as I know we can.

Everton v Liverpool
At Goodison Park
Saturday 20th Oct, 2007
Barclays Premier League
Kick off 12:45

Division 1 Champions
1890-91, 1914-15, 1927-28, 1931-32, 1938-39, 1962-63, 1969-70, 1984-85, 1986-87.

Runners-Up
1889-90, 1894-95, 1901-02, 1904-05, 1908-09, 1911-12, 1985-86.

Division 2 Champions
1930-31.

Runners-Up
1953-54.

FA Cup Winners
1906, 1933, 1966, 1984, 1995.

Runners-Up
1893, 1897, 1907, 1968, 1985, 1986, 1989.

Charity Shield Winners
1928, 1932, 1963, 1970, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1995, Shared 1986.

League Cup Runners-Up
1976-77, 1983-84.

European Cup-Winners' Cup Winners
1984-85.

FA Youth Cup Winners
1965, 1984, 1998.

After reading NickoH's excellent effort in the Wigan Spyin' Kop, I thought I'd adopt a similar approach and go to the pub, and chat with a few Bluenoses whom I know very well. So off I went with my trusty tape recorder to the Claughton Hotel on the Wirral to meet three very good friends of mine, Mick, Yozzer and Paul.

SK: So how do see your season going so far?

Mick: After a promising start, we've lost our way a little, but I'm pleased
we showed a bit of passion in Europe following our hiccup at home in the first leg.

Yozzer: It's like watching the Holy Grail knight, down to just his head.

Paul: Being honest, I think it's going better than what I expected. Some fairly decent performances so far, and when Tim Cahill comes back I believe we'll start showing a bit more consistency.

SK: What are your expectations for this season and do think you can fulfill them?

Mick: A top six place, and I think we can achieve that with a little more
consistency. I also fancy us to do well in Europe.

Yozzer: Evertonians don't have expectations, we're just made up to get a few days abroad.

Paul: Top four would be fantastic, but being realistic top six. A run in Europe would be nice, maybe even a trophy..Any trophy...Please?....

SK: Who has been your best player/s this season, so far?

Mick: Joleon Lescott has been in outstanding form, and once he gets his chance for England, I believe that he will become a regular. Arteta has again proved that he is a match winner.

Yozzer: As always 3/4 head Lescott.

Paul: Lescott without doubt. He doesn't look very pretty, but he's doing a great job at the moment, and weighing in with a few goals. Arteta is class. What the hell does he need to do to get in the Spanish squad?

SK: Which player/s have you been disappointed with?

Mick: Yakubu, because he would make me look quick, and I'm 20 stone. I blame his mam for buying him boots. There's more control on an elephant with roller skates. He's like a subbuteo player, you have to flick him before he moves.

Yozzer: The other ten.

Paul: Yakubu has been poor, so far. I'm sure he's got a sponsorship with Pukka pies. Also think that Phil Neville has looked out of sorts, so far, and I'm not just talking about his looks.

SK: Your best memories of a Merseyside derby?

Mick: Obviously last season, when we played Liverpool off the park. But best of all was when Graeme Sharp nearly broke the net in the Anny Rd end after he took the piss out of Gay boy Lawrenson and pass and move Hansen. It was also pleasing to see so many sad kippers in the kop end.

Yozzer: Queuing up at Anfield behind the United Nations in red to buy a pie.

Paul: I've got say the drubbing we gave you lot last season at our place was sweet, but any victory we've achieved against you lot has been sweet for me.

SK: and your worst?

Mick: The Glen Keeley derby, and I'm not going to remind you of the score.

Yozzer: Too many.

Paul: Jesus..Where do I start? 86 FA cup Final, 89 FA cup final?
That game that Mick mentioned when you scored five at our place from five lucky breakaways.

SK: Who out of the present Liverpool side do you fear most?

Mick: Dick Shite, or is it Kuyt. Fuck me he's ugly. Probably had shutters on his pram when he was a baby.

Yozzer: None of them. Can I go to the toilet now?

Paul: Torres. I watched that game when you played Reading, and he was getting kicked all over the place, and still managed to take the piss out of them two brick shit house doormen that were inflicting the damage to him. Although judging from recent news he could be missing from this game through injury.

Obviously Gerrard when he's on blob. What the fuck is going on with him at the moment? He doesn't seem to want to know. Hopefully he'll be like that on Saturday.

SK: Where do you think both teams will finish in the league?

Mick: Somewhere slightly below the top four.

Yozzer: With your resources, you might creep ahead of us to 10th.

Paul: Us Champions, you relegated... 
Nah!!!  Seriously 4th for you (if Rafa doesn't get too obsessed with the CL, maybe higher) and 5th or 6th for us.

SK: How do you feel about having to move out of the city to Kirby and a new stadium, and do you think there can be another solution?

Mick: Not happy. I voted against it. There were other solutions, but we
weren't given the opportunity to explore them.

Yozzer: I would rather us go to Afghanifuckingstan than take the 1878's out the city.

Paul: Pissed off about it, and like Mick I voted against it. In fact I don't know any one of the regulars that I go with that didn't vote against it. But as seeing as we haven't got a pot to piss in, we'll just have to bite the bullet and get on with it.

SK: When we were all younger the Merseyside Derby was always known as "The Friendly Derby", and recently that doesn't seem to be the case, why do you think that is?

Mick: The hatred came in when we were banned from Europe, and everything became bitter. We'd attended a European final only weeks before,without incident, and soon we were faced with the sad news that our team could not follow their quest for the European Cup, due to the sad events at Heysel.
Not only were we denied the opportunity to compete in Europe, our great team lost key players to non-English clubs because they wanted to join team's who could still play in Europe.

Yozzer: Increasing bitterness due to the uneven spread of wealth, killing off any hopes of an exciting season. The young ones, I fear, will never like we were, be lucky to see us lifting any silverware.

Paul: 1985 and the European ban obviously didn't help matters, but a lot of people who I know well were at that tragic event, so I'm not going to lay the blame with anyone apart from the idiots who decided that such a massive game was to be played in that shite hole.
Some of our so-called fans don't help matters when they come out with some of the shit that I couldn't even repeat to you, Terry.
You know what I'm on about.

SK: Finally, care to give me a prediction on the score?

Mick: 1-0 Everton, Arteta to score.

Yozzer: I think we're due a good hiding versus your wage bill. So it's a nap then...EFC 5, Shite 0.

Paul: Because of both teams recent form, and the fact that we've both conceded goals, I'm going for a bore draw.

Many thanks to the lads for taking the time out for a drink or 9, and some good banter. Hopefully they'll still like me after we have given them a jolly good beating in their own back yard..

© Terry De Niro 2007
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 06:02:55 pm by Terry De Niro »

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
Re: Spyin' Kop, Everton v Liverpool, Saturday 20th October 2007:
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 05:35:39 pm »
good one terry.

'Probably had shutters on his pram when he was a baby'

loved that  ;D

Offline anglelockgms

• Kopite
  • Survived a Stevie G Screamer in the Holte End
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 05:37:07 pm »
gd read! some deluded answers tho!

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 05:39:46 pm »
Noice wan, Tel.

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 05:42:50 pm »
funny read

Did your mate Yozzer have 9 jars before the QandA?   :)

Offline torresftw

• Main Stander
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 05:45:00 pm »
thanks for posting this, always a good read

Offline redtom

• Main Stander
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 05:45:31 pm »
a great read that, liked the pram remark lol. Nice to hear from some sane blues rather than many of the muppets that seem to be about

Offline Kyle Soprano

• Doing his BTEC Sports Science but still knows fuck all
  • Legacy Fan
  • You & I Are Gonna Live Forever
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 05:47:08 pm »
Love these Spyin' Kops  ;D

Their first 2 answers were sound but once they got going then you could tell they were just bitter blues. Made me laugh my tits off when they said they don't fear anyone come half 12 on saturday morning all there fans will be bricking it when our starting 11 is read out  ;D after all it is there cup final.

I only drink on special occasions. Like Fridays and Saturdays. The occasional Sunday. Sometimes even Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Never Thursday. Well, every so often maybe a Thursday.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 05:48:51 pm »
Seem to be in the reasonable minority of Evertonians. But as with every spyin kop v Everton some of the answers are just laughable. Like the pub approach though Terry. Better than any answers you would get on bluekipper or toffeeweb. Might try the pub approach for Newcastle next month.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 06:11:20 pm »
Arteta is class. What the hell does he need to do to get in the Spanish squad?

Move to a big club.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 06:15:30 pm »
Well in Terrance.good read. still hate them though.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 06:19:43 pm »
Your best memory of a Merseyside Derby?

It is embarrassing, especially at a derby.
A Son of Shankly

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2007, 06:33:45 pm »
Well in Terry - very enjoyable and good answers - obviously not being able to hide behind the computer screen makes folk talk football as opposed to make up shite.

BHB - why am I not surprised at your wee dig there...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 06:57:02 pm by hinesy »
Yep.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 06:42:03 pm »
Nice one Terry, that was a good read, ta!

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 08:11:24 pm »
Nice one Terry, like others said much better to do it in a pub over a pint.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 08:11:52 pm »
Ta Terry.  You were lucky finding three Welsh lads in an ale house around your way mate.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 08:17:52 pm »
Ta Terry.  You were lucky finding three Welsh lads in an ale house around your way mate.

;D
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 08:22:10 pm »
Nice one Terry, like others said much better to do it in a pub over a pint.

Yep, the Wigan one by Phil(?) was good as is this. Good stuff, Mr De Niro, has got me even more in the mood if that was possible.
JFT97

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 08:26:24 pm »
A really good read that. Some decent answers, some deluded ones as well but they seem decent enough:

Paul: I've got say the drubbing we gave you lot last season at our place was sweet, but any victory we've achieved against you lot has been sweet for me.

Drubbing? That would be the drubbing where Everton had four efforts at goal to our 19 (which included hitting the post twice) would it? Laughable.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 08:28:32 pm »
nice one terry, can you claim the ale ( and the blank tape) off rawk ?

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 08:29:13 pm »
Good read that, well in ;D

Offline FinnishRed

• Frog in a liquidiser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities...
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 08:29:42 pm »
Dick Shite.  :P

Good stuff Terry, thanks for that.

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 08:30:21 pm »
Sounded reasonably honest...'Bitter and proud' seems the mantra  ;)

Also some were not afraid to show embarrassment about some of their fans' attitudes towards us too

Be nice though to really make a statement and prove we are serious top 2 contenders instead of the 4th place fodder they appear to rate us at the moment, hopefully that can start on Saturday and we can forget the recent duff displays and put them behind us  :)

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 08:47:27 pm »
Ooters here , ooters there , ooters every fuckin where, sure you never crossed the border into clywd ?

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 04:04:06 am »

Mick: The hatred came in when we were banned from Europe, and everything became bitter. We'd attended a European final only weeks before,without incident

The final of 1985 may of been without incident but the earlier rounds certainly were not.

Did Everton fans not trash the ferry on their way to watch their heroes narrowly beat University of Dublin?

Did EFC not ban their own fans from going to Holland for the away leg v Fortuna Sittard for fear of violence?

What about the club getting fined for their fans behavior in the 2nd leg of the semi-final v Bayern Munich
when the whiter than white Evertonians pelted the Bayern bench with bottles?

It was a good read until that point.
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 04:49:16 am »
"Paul: Torres. I watched that game when you played Reading, and he was getting kicked all over the place, and still managed to take the piss out of them two brick shit house doormen that were inflicting the damage to him."

:lmao
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 05:23:31 am »
Nice one, old timer.  What about doing quick set of follow up questions after we thram them 3-0 on Saturday?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 08:11:52 am »
Nice one, old timer.  What about doing quick set of follow up questions after we thram them 3-0 on Saturday?
;D  That my friend sounds like a good plan.  ;)

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 08:13:11 am »
;D  That my friend sounds like a good plan.  ;)

I'm certainly intrigued to know what thramming involves.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 08:16:03 am »
I'm certainly intrigued to know what thramming involves.
I'm not sure mate, but knowing Raul, it's bound to involve goats.  ;D

Offline Enzo

• The Kid on the corner of the street with his sparking clogs
  • Anny Roader
  • Forza Italia!!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 09:09:14 am »

whats embarassing..
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 10:33:14 am by Enzo »
A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 09:52:01 am »
After reading NickoH's excellent effort in the Wigan Spyin' Kop,
Yep, the Wigan one by Phil(?) was good as is this.

:P

Great read Terry........thanks for the effort, if it was an effort drinking beer and talking football  ;)  :wave
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 10:04:07 am »
Good read, thanks for that, but, aren't they clutching at straws a little when they have in their honours  list 'League Runners-up' , Its just I remember a great man once stating 'First is First, Second (Runners-up) is nowhere.' Que!!
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2007, 10:56:41 am »
It's only against the blueshite I would like to see
"quotes" followed by unspoken thoughts

you just know that what bluenoses say and think are further apart than the two grounds.

SK: Finally, care to give me a prediction on the score?

Mick: 1-0 Everton, Arteta to score.
Mick: Oh my God we're gonna get snotted !
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 11:00:57 am by WOOLTONIAN »
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline double helix

• Anny Roader
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2007, 11:36:11 am »
good one.... chaps.

seemed a decent bunch of Blueshite compared to some of the blinkered, bitter and twisted blueshite I see at work.

They seemed to be realistic in the initial part of interview, but deteriorated to comments like "gay boy Lawrenceson" & "Pass and move Hansen", " how ifitwasnotforyou lot......." blah blah........

Many already seem to think Yakubu is a certain failure..... cos only a few weeks ago, many bitters were raving he is next top scorer after henry in the premier league... blah blah....

If I was the guy doing the interview, I would have reminded them that for the past 2 seasons, we are 3rd above Arsenal in the league & ofcourse they should know... the league table does not lie....... :lickin Its just economical with the truth :lickin

Offline Rafadagaffer

• Kopite
  • Walk on Walk on..
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2007, 11:44:33 am »

Were you beaten up by someone in a replica top or something, its like a fucking one man crusade.

Anyone who wears a replica top isnt a Liverpool fan, blah blah blah  :butt

Good read though. Some funny anwsers, hope we give them a hiding!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 11:46:06 am by Rafadagaffer »
I think we have some posibilities, no?

Offline redchiz

• No income tax, no VAT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Reds are coming up the hill, boys...
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2007, 02:32:15 pm »
Nice one, Terry. Three bluenose mates? Unlucky! ;D
"Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few." Percy Bysshe Shelley

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2007, 03:21:35 pm »

It was the queing he probably didnt like not having to do that at Woodison for even a derby game
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Chindits

• It's important to me
  • Legacy Fan
  • L4 Scal-Qaeda Cyber Terrorist Cell
    • ccTwitter
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2007, 03:43:03 pm »
Great read an not as bitter as expected. :wave

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2007, 08:07:50 pm »
It was the queing he probably didnt like not having to do that at Woodison for even a derby game
;D

I've actually got a confession to make about Mick, he is my older brother.  I was going to keep that quiet, but as seeing as he didn't get too much stick, I thought I'd reveal who he was.