Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
You're in for a surprise because the only similarity is a close enough formation and heavy pressing without the ball. On the ball, unless won high up the pitch which they're good at, it's actually not get the ball 'forward and fast'. There is a an obsession with control and a methodical approach to opening up the space that the wingers at the top of the pitch can exploit. It's not quite City level but it certainly differs from how we play now.
Just checked this out of interest.

Feyenoord average 62% possession and complete 85% of their passes.

Liverpool average 62% possession and complete 86% of their passes.
And now Jota? Fuckin' hell! This lad is selling evreyone.  ;D
Rumours of Real (obv) i hope not though

Coutiois is meant to back from his injury next weekend.
Rumours of Real (obv) i hope not though

They have Courtois and Lunin and Kepa. The also going to  pay a huge money to Mbappe. They would fail FFP.  Please think about what you say.  ;D
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by Yorkykopite on Today at 11:55:49 pm »
No, it was a straight ball which left Mac to do all the work and probably a one in four chance of scoring..

No one said professional football was meant to be easy.

That was a killer pass you saw. The sort we've been crying out for. A brilliant pass. Macca mistimed his header. He'll be furious with himself for mistiming it. It's absolutely absurd of you to complain that the pass shouldn't have been made. Bloody ridiculous.
Sounds like we're in for a major transition if you've got us getting rid of our 4 top scorers and van Dijk.

I am not saying that we will sell all these, i am just saying that there is alot of rumours about, i think VVD stays and Nunez and Jota stays.
We have fought for trophies and actually won one this season. For me, we signed him when we were expecting Salah to leave. I think the only time we can fully judge him is in a team when it is set up to play to his strengths.
we're f-ed if the new head coach/manager tries to build  his team around him.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by MonsLibpool on Today at 11:54:37 pm »
No, it was a straight ball which left Mac to do all the work and probably a one in four chance of scoring..
Understat had it at 0.27.

That's a very decent chance that a decent striker should be scoring. Mac isn't particularly good in the air. The emphasis was on a "decent striker". 0.27 looks at the average player and not just strikers.
The Kroos phone call wasn't when FSG first took over it was 4 years in and just after we almost won the League in 13-14.

The LFC of 2024 is A LOT stronger across the board than in 2014 for heavens sake Al.  Why are you being this weird mate? This is a nothing story.   ;D
Alisson has 3 years left on his contract and no top club needs a #1 keeper. Also we;d want over 100 million for him, who's going to pay that for a keeper?
Yeah, I thought that. Bayern possibly but can’t see that being much of an attraction.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10