Author Topic: We've just signed a colossus...  (Read 68904 times)

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: We've just signed a colossus...
« Reply #640 on: January 22, 2012, 12:34:11 pm »
Let's talk about Carroll then.

... changed your mind?  ;D

He obviously meant that backheel for a 1-2 with Gerrard!

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #641 on: January 22, 2012, 12:34:24 pm »

Erm.....

??

Your missing the point - badly.

Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #642 on: January 22, 2012, 12:34:47 pm »
True, but surely he should be told exactly what his role is by the coaching staff and manager?

He was hardly the worst yesterday, he linked well with Bellamy which proved more than anything that he is not a player for the lone striking role, especially with our midfield playing as it is.

I think he is being told, but he's tactically inept. I say that because I noticed it during the games we start to chase, rather than pushing himself right up front and forcing opp. Defenders to drop deeper he wanders increasingly infield until you see him pop up at fullback alongside Enrique.

I don't think he understands where he needs to be half the time, it was again summed up last night when he was recieving the ball on the wing. I honestly don't think he can be coached for us, and I feel the no10 comment is spot on, I still think he feels he's playing alongside Ameobi.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 12:37:19 pm by Chalky Boots »

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: January 22, 2012, 12:35:22 pm »

Don't be silly. THIS is Steven Gerrard, Liverpool Football Club Captain:

That's an aberration- a miss-cue. 

Carroll on the other hand.....  :-X
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Yakyb

• Kopite
  • Wirralien Born and Bred
« Reply #644 on: January 22, 2012, 12:36:24 pm »
whilst i'll submit that he had a reasonable game yesterday.

Kenny will have give the entire team a dressing down after the game and also did so in both post match interviews.

If Andy had anything about him and any true desire to kick on, he would get his fucking hair cut.

not that its his hair that is causing the problem, its just a massive indication of a fresh start and a desire and motivation to change.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: January 22, 2012, 12:38:05 pm »
whilst i'll submit that he had a reasonable game yesterday.

Kenny will have give the entire team a dressing down after the game and also did so in both post match interviews.

If Andy had anything about him and any true desire to kick on, he would get his fucking hair cut.

not that its his hair that is causing the problem, its just a massive indication of a fresh start and a desire and motivation to change.

His hair?  :butt :butt

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #646 on: January 22, 2012, 12:38:11 pm »

not that its his hair that is causing the problem

so why bother?

I think gerrard should grow a mohawk and colour it blue to show us that they have the motivation to change. :D

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture
« Reply #647 on: January 22, 2012, 12:39:21 pm »
Your missing the point - badly.

How so?  I was responding to this claim of yours:

IF that is the case he will go down as probably the worst transfer in premiership history.

If you had written:

IF that is the case he will go down as probably LFC's worst transfer in premiership history.

I might agree with you but still pondering that one.....
From the Country of Liverpool