Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2514164 times)

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #7480 on: October 1, 2016, 10:22:00 am »
Let's be honest it's a major disappointment his last statement, the anfield road stand is one of the worst stands in the premier league the second tier is a complete botch job. The league is awash with cash, whether or not it comes from a separate pot is irrelevant we have just made a £9mil profit in the transfer window when our competitors have spent in some cases nearly £200mil. We have planning in place the land is clear if we can't expand now when can we.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7481 on: October 1, 2016, 10:24:37 am »
it was well documented that any sale came with a condition to redevelop/build a new stadium.

That exists as much as your knowledge of the figures does.

It doesn't.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #7482 on: October 1, 2016, 10:59:39 am »
Henry is a clever man so I don't expect this to ever have been a written agreement, but its what Broughton and the fan base were led to believe and appeared in the media.

It was also an impression they were happy to go with.

Similarly Henry gave no written agreement to only redevelop Anfield to 53,791 and leave us with a lop-sided, half developed stadium.

Historical revisionism at its best.

Lop sided half developed stadium? Aw didums.
Maybe when the bitters get their brand spanking new pretty little bowl you can take the stadium tour every week to give your eyes a boost.

Offline JCM

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7483 on: October 1, 2016, 11:20:41 am »
I certainly won't be taking the Everton Stadium Tour, but after Henry's comments, its not inconceivable that they will end up with a stadium bigger than Anfield
LFC Collectables

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7484 on: October 1, 2016, 11:31:52 am »
Lop sided half developed stadium? Aw didums.
Maybe when the bitters get their brand spanking new pretty little bowl you can take the stadium tour every week to give your eyes a boost.

Not sure what your point is.  Henry made promises to increase capacity to around 60,000 either via or a new stadium or, as was their first choice, redevelop Anfield.  I think the promise of this is whats annoyed people. Broughton mentioned these promises when the sale was going through.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7485 on: October 28, 2016, 01:12:06 pm »
Development pics and progress thread is closed so will put this here.

Tunnel Cam from spurs match. Thought the stand was due to be finished by December? Looks like no chance of that happening. Tunnel also looks like it wasnt thought through very well, unless theres drastic changes to be made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn35Orez0VI&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:13:39 pm by owens_2k »

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7486 on: October 28, 2016, 01:48:02 pm »
Development pics and progress thread is closed so will put this here.

Tunnel Cam from spurs match. Thought the stand was due to be finished by December? Looks like no chance of that happening. Tunnel also looks like it wasnt thought through very well, unless theres drastic changes to be made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn35Orez0VI&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for that.

A lot of that layout around the tunnel area may not be permanent.  It could be a case that some of those walls might come down for the eventual layout.

Some of the services look like they go over the top of the walls, and that the walls in some places might not go all the way to the ceilings etc.

I'd be very surprised that it stays like that permanently once all of the temporary facilities are done away with, and the real dressing rooms etc. are reinstated.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7487 on: November 4, 2016, 03:53:30 pm »
Just found this thread. Top, top bantz. Meady I hope you've got more work in the pipeline.

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7488 on: November 17, 2016, 02:09:05 pm »
From the Ged Poynton article.

"We’ve still got the changing rooms and the media centre to complete which will be finished in early January.”"

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7489 on: November 17, 2016, 02:15:36 pm »
From the Ged Poynton article.

"We’ve still got the changing rooms and the media centre to complete which will be finished in early January.”"
If it's not wall to wall gold and marble, with pink flamingo's in the pool, then I'll be disappointed.

Offline owens_2k

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7490 on: November 23, 2016, 01:04:53 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-players-help-liverpool-fc-12218174

Ian Ayre has spoken of the input from Jurgen Klopp and senior players into the new design of 'world class' facilities at Anfield.

The Liverpool chief executive confirmed work at Anfield will go on into next year with new dressing rooms and media facilities still to be completed and incorporated.

And even German manager Jurgen Klopp has had his input into how things will look.

Ayre said: “The players’ facilities will be world class when they are finished.

“Jurgen and some of the key players have had a key part in developing that.

“We have sat with them and with the architects and designers and they have all made their input into what the dressing room will look like, what the media space will look like, what the tunnel will look like.

“So lots more to come there, still some exciting stuff to add.

“And then a new store."

A much enlarged club store will be built fronting Walton Breck Road and planning permission is already in place.

“We have planning permission for a new store on Paisley Square and we are just finishing the model on that. That will start to come out of the ground like a phoenix from the ashes as well.”

So will success - and to most fans that means winning a league title - a feat commonplace for Liverpool in the 60s,70s and 80s but not achieved for over a quarter of a century, now follow?

Ayre said: “That is what everybody wants, right.

“From John Henry, Jurgen Klopp, Ian Ayre...it’s what everyone wants and it’s what we are here for.

“It’s what the players turn up every day for and it’s what the fans turn up every week for.

“There is nobody in this football club, nobody who works here, who doesn’t want that. And it would be fantastic.

“It’s been a great start to the season, there’s a long way to go and all those sorts of things. But we are in good shape, on and off the pitch right now. And that’s a good place to be.

“So fingers crossed."

'You've got to have hospitality - it pays for the lion's share of the return on the investment'

It was the iconic ex Liverpool manager Bill Shankly who once described a football club as a Holy Trinity involving the players, the manager and the directors. And who then went on to dismissively say the directors ‘were only there to sign the cheques’.

The Kop loved that at the time. And many core supporters may still feel the same way.

So seeing Liverpool FC’s new £115m Main Stand offer widespread, new opportunities and facilities for business guests and corporate clients - men and women in suits rather than hats and scarves, if you like - still sits uncomfortably with a fair few.

Liverpool FClub chief executive Ian Ayre looks out over Anfield from Liverpool's new Main Stand. Photo by Colin Lane
So has Liverpool managed to strike the right balance between the Kopites and the Corporates?

“I can’t speak for everybody," said Ayre, who took over as Liverpool managing director in 2011.

“All I can say is that one of our core objectives was to ensure we had something for everyone. And I absolutely believe we have achieved that.

“Some fans - some of my friends who are fans - would never deem to think the idea of going in a corporate box or in a lounge with a suit on would ever cross their mind. And that’s fine. I respect them for that view.

“But it isn’t what everybody wants and if you are trying to create something for everyone, you have to do that and it’s right and proper that you do that.

“It’s also economically a fact that these type of structures don’t work without hospitality. You’ve got to have that - it pays for the lion’s share of the return on the investment.

“I think also we have a responsibility to this local area and this city. These facilities as you say are fantastic and are already providing a fantastic atmosphere on a match day and adding to the whole experience of a football match.

“But for the other six days a week, they are providing other fantastic, much needed facilities for dinners, for weddings, for business events - for all manner of different events. And that’s really important.

“You know, as a city we want to attract inward investment; as a city we want more visitors; as a city we want to make more people come to this city and leave feeling that it’s a great city - on the move, on the way up, which it really is.

“This is part of that.

“We have got a room here that can take 2,000 people - a corporate space. And we’ve got a range of different lounges for 300-500 people.

“We’ve got corporate boxes that seat 20 people or more and such a range of facilities that people can use for business. And that’s really important to the city.

“I think that’s a big plus and a big addition.

Liverpool Football Club Chief Executive Ian Ayre and Liverpool's new Main Stand. Photo by Colin Lane
“And we are already seeing the demand for that. If you can come and have a wedding or you can come and have your annual general meeting and the backdrop is looking out of the window onto the pitch at Anfield, then it’s a pretty special occasion for whoever that is, particularly if you are a Liverpool fan.

“I used to be chair of the Visitor Economy and this can make a huge difference.

“Obviously they have built the Exhibition Centre now alongside the ECHO Arena and BT Convention Centre - but even then, if you have got big exhibitions in there, they are then struggling for a 500 people dinner because most of the hotels don’t take that number. So it really is a plus.

“There is already lots of interest. We are already seeing big bookings for Christmas and beyond.

"So in terms of that offering, it has been very well received."

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #7491 on: November 29, 2016, 03:17:22 am »
Ok.....I know we are only a handful of games into the season with our fabulous new Main Stand, but I looked up the attendance figures and it would seem that we have been pretty much full for every game. So there are a few questions which I'd like to hear some opinions on (and the ARE thread is locked so here goes)......

Now I'm obviously aware of FSG's comments regarding the ARE expansion, BUT, if we go all this season playing in front of a full audience (and even more so if our current form is maintained), how long before FSG are almost forced into reconsidering their position?
I know they quite correctly stated the economics of more expansion as the only reason, but surely with constant full attendances (and a still very considerable season ticket waiting list), any ARE expansion MUST eventually be back on the table?
On the economics of it, one of the reasons given was the inability to attract the highly lucrative corporate hospitality to help pay for it. WHY NOT? Other stadia have hospitality suites at the ends. Is it not possible for a relatively minor redesign to include this between the tiers of the new ARE layout?

I don't think it's too early to say that the Main Stand expansion has already proved to be a huge success.......so I hope its not too long before more can go to Anfield and enjoy the entertainment!   

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7492 on: November 29, 2016, 08:14:49 am »
An Anny Rd expansion isn't off the table. No decision was ever going to be made until the Main was finished.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7493 on: November 29, 2016, 10:08:32 am »
An Anny Rd expansion isn't off the table. No decision was ever going to be made until the Main was finished.

This is really the sensible thing to do, not romantic or aspirational, but sensible.

My hometown club, Kilmarnock built an all-seater stadium on circa 18k a few years ago, and it looked great, filled the old footprint and was much better than those stadiums of similar sized clubs. Now it is half-empty, and not even full when the "Old Firm" come to town, and looks like it needs a lick of paint. They built an 18k stadium for a town of 50k that was/is going through hard times, and still haven't addressed the pricing of games to fill it a bit more. They would rather put a tarp over the empty seats.

That`s why the much derided talk of economic sweet-spots is the sensible way to go, even for a much bigger and well-supported club like Liverpool. I would love to see the ARE upgraded, but it`s got to make sense in all sorts of ways.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7494 on: November 29, 2016, 05:54:47 pm »
Ok.....I know we are only a handful of games into the season with our fabulous new Main Stand, but I looked up the attendance figures and it would seem that we have been pretty much full for every game. So there are a few questions which I'd like to hear some opinions on (and the ARE thread is locked so here goes)......

Now I'm obviously aware of FSG's comments regarding the ARE expansion, BUT, if we go all this season playing in front of a full audience (and even more so if our current form is maintained), how long before FSG are almost forced into reconsidering their position?
I know they quite correctly stated the economics of more expansion as the only reason, but surely with constant full attendances (and a still very considerable season ticket waiting list), any ARE expansion MUST eventually be back on the table?
On the economics of it, one of the reasons given was the inability to attract the highly lucrative corporate hospitality to help pay for it. WHY NOT? Other stadia have hospitality suites at the ends. Is it not possible for a relatively minor redesign to include this between the tiers of the new ARE layout?

I don't think it's too early to say that the Main Stand expansion has already proved to be a huge success.......so I hope its not too long before more can go to Anfield and enjoy the entertainment!   

The only question for the owners is how long it takes to pay for itself and they don't sound keen. Theres  no question of being able to fill it every week.

Mainstand not finished yet technically, so at least 5 years before we see any movement on Annie road unless another way of funding it presents itself.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7495 on: November 29, 2016, 05:59:18 pm »
Mainstand not finished yet technically, so at least 5 years before we see any movement on Annie road unless another way of funding it presents itself.

How did you link it not being finished to not being paid for?

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #7496 on: November 29, 2016, 07:48:45 pm »
I kind of get annoyed at the way the passage turns left and then right, before the "This is Anfield" sign. Anyone else feel that way?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7497 on: November 29, 2016, 09:19:39 pm »
I kind of get annoyed at the way the passage turns left and then right, before the "This is Anfield" sign. Anyone else feel that way?

Temporary.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #7498 on: November 29, 2016, 11:14:18 pm »
I'm surprised we've had no news of a sponsor or commercial partner by now.

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #7499 on: November 30, 2016, 12:19:24 am »
The only question for the owners is how long it takes to pay for itself and they don't sound keen. Theres  no question of being able to fill it every week.

It may not be 'technically' finished, but it's already full every match day and making money. It's already satisfying FSG's business plan.
I just hope it doesn't take 5 years (as has been suggested) to start talking about it again.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7500 on: November 30, 2016, 11:39:06 am »
I'm surprised we've had no news of a sponsor or commercial partner by now.
I note the new balance deal is up in 2018. maybe we could get some mega deal with a kit company to cover that too?

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7501 on: November 30, 2016, 01:06:32 pm »

They might still find a sponsor for the Main Stand, which would speed things up a bit, but if that was part of the plan, it's something they have not pulled off, which will leave a gap.

The decision on the Anfield Road will be made when it makes sense to do it, which won't necessarily be when the whole cost of the Main Stand has been recouped.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #7502 on: November 30, 2016, 11:59:01 pm »

Was watching the tunnel cam videos from the last 4 home games (in all competitions) and the lack of players who don't touch the this is anfield sign is horrendous.

It's tradition at Liverpool FC that players and staff touch the sign on the way out on to the pitch.

Why don't they?
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7503 on: December 1, 2016, 02:13:35 am »

Was watching the tunnel cam videos from the last 4 home games (in all competitions) and the lack of players who don't touch the this is anfield sign is horrendous.

It's tradition at Liverpool FC that players and staff touch the sign on the way out on to the pitch.

Why don't they?

Klopp's asked them not to until they've won something.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #7504 on: December 1, 2016, 06:46:36 am »

Why don't they?

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/04/video-touching-anfield-sign-show-respect-says-jurgen-klopp/

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7505 on: December 1, 2016, 07:48:28 am »
What's this got to do with the expansion?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7506 on: December 2, 2016, 03:54:29 pm »

Has the planning permission expired yet?  Thought I read somewhere it was due to expire in November.

Nah, Sep 17.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2016, 03:57:57 pm by SuperWool075 »
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7507 on: December 2, 2016, 04:00:20 pm »
Has the planning permission expired yet?  Thought I read somewhere it was due to expire in November.

Nah, Sep 17.

There have been multiple revisions since, plus it was only ever outline, so not sure when it's due to expire or if it really affects anything given full planning still needs to be applied for and obtained.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7508 on: December 2, 2016, 04:14:52 pm »
There have been multiple revisions since, plus it was only ever outline, so not sure when it's due to expire or if it really affects anything given full planning still needs to be applied for and obtained.

Don't know how reliable this is, can't even see who wrote the article.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/anfield-road-end-phase-two-anfield-expansion/

"The expiration date of the outline planning permission is September 2017, which means Liverpool have a year (article written Sep 16) to submit a further application for more details on the design, or the outline approval would end.

If LFC submit the additional application,  they then have two years to commence building, meaning construction of the Anfield Road End would be needed to be started by late 2019".

Does anybody know if this is reliable?

If it is, what would it mean if the outline approval ends?  Would they be likely to submit another outline approval or let it expire?  If it does expire does it mean much, or just stick another application in the post when they get the numbers to add up?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7509 on: December 2, 2016, 04:39:45 pm »
It was all one application, and work commenced (see the big new stand in place of the old Main), so probably an argument that it can't expire.

As said, it was only outline and a full needed to go in anyway, plus the council has shown it's more than willing to allow the work to go ahead so it's a non-issue.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7510 on: December 2, 2016, 04:43:02 pm »
It was all one application, and work commenced (see the big new stand in place of the old Main), so probably an argument that it can't expire.

As said, it was only outline and a full needed to go in anyway, plus the council has shown it's more than willing to allow the work to go ahead so it's a non-issue.

Thanks mate.  Didn't know it was one application, I thought it was a separate application for phase 2.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7511 on: December 2, 2016, 07:06:34 pm »
Don't know how reliable this is, can't even see who wrote the article.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/anfield-road-end-phase-two-anfield-expansion/

"The expiration date of the outline planning permission is September 2017, which means Liverpool have a year (article written Sep 16) to submit a further application for more details on the design, or the outline approval would end.

If LFC submit the additional application,  they then have two years to commence building, meaning construction of the Anfield Road End would be needed to be started by late 2019".

Does anybody know if this is reliable?

If it is, what would it mean if the outline approval ends?  Would they be likely to submit another outline approval or let it expire?  If it does expire does it mean much, or just stick another application in the post when they get the numbers to add up?

They can do basic work to 'commence work' and preserve the permission. The work has to meet the definition of 'material operations' but that can be pretty minor. I did it on a project a few years back when our client wanted to sell the site with planning permission. We dug a short length of foundation and did some preparatory drainage work.

A developer carries out the digging of trenches on site to accommodate foundations for the erection of a dwelling. In my opinion this constitutes commencement of development and the implementation of the planning approval. However, if the trenches are filled in at a later date without any other works having taken place, does this nullify the implementation?

This situation has been the subject of a court decision High Peak Borough Council v Secretary of State for the Environment and Courtdale Developments [1980]. Here, a trench had been dug in commencement of a development and later back-filled with soil. The developer argued that this act had been necessary in order to prevent animals and children falling into the hole. The court held that a particular operation as specified in planning legislation had been carried out, and the relevant section did not say that there should be no intervening act between the digging of the trench and the pouring of concrete therein. The fact that earth which had been taken out of the trench was used to backfill it did not necessarily deprive it of the character of a trench.

The answer to your question is that, using the authority of the High Peak case, the circumstance you cite has left the permission alive. This is a view reinforced by later judgements such as Riordan Communications Ltd v South Bucks District Council [1999] which indicate that lack of intention to complete a development is not part of the test as to whether "material operations" have taken place.

http://www.planningresource.co.uk/article/1209075/validity-consistency-local-authority-decisions-q---dcp-section-63
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7512 on: December 2, 2016, 07:43:48 pm »
Just thought - I would need to check whether the outline permission allows for commencement without all details being resolved.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Red JR

• Main Stander
« Reply #7513 on: December 7, 2016, 12:28:20 am »
Has the new club shop started being built yet? There were reports a few weeks back that building was about to start but not heard anything since.
YNWA

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7514 on: December 7, 2016, 01:56:16 am »
Has the new club shop started being built yet? There were reports a few weeks back that building was about to start but not heard anything since.

I want sexy links to skyscrapercity pics - hope it's 8 storeys tall and the corners are filled in.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7515 on: December 7, 2016, 09:14:30 am »
I want sexy links to skyscrapercity pics - hope it's 8 storeys tall and the corners are filled in.
:lmao
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7516 on: December 7, 2016, 11:34:40 am »
Press seats/area is now red. Only just noticed.

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7517 on: December 14, 2016, 04:03:50 pm »
Klopp's asked them not to until they've won something.

No, he didn't - he was misquoted and that was used all over social media. He said he didn't know.

Not entirely sure if the sign is that easy to reach in its new location. The club had initially intended to make the new tunnel sloped to still have the effect of the old one and work with the sign, not sure if that will happen as it gets completed internally.

Yes, work has begun on it last week.

Press seats/area is now red. Only just noticed.

Cladding was done before the Leeds game. Lots of bits like that still ongoing inside.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7518 on: December 14, 2016, 04:49:31 pm »
Where has he said he didn't know? Tony Barrett reported it quoting Klopp.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7519 on: December 14, 2016, 10:04:14 pm »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-bans-liverpool-players-7760479

They've got direct quotes from Klopp and it would seem pretty strange to make it up, it's hardly a major story for a national newspaper. It would also be pretty strange if all of a sudden the players all decided to stop touching it for no reason.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A