Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 05:47:18 pm »
Henderson in a reduced role would have certainly helped this season, it would have helped the transition from old to new midfield and for all his faults he had incredible standards and leadership. I personally think we've missed this year, similar with Milner, the leadership group has changed but not for the better.

He wouldn't accept a reduced role though. Klopp basically said he's a nightmare when he's not in the team (i.e. at times last season)

His leadership would have been invaluable if he'd kept his ego at the door.
Ratcliffe cites email traffic in imposing remote work ban at Manchester United

He tells staff to work at offices or ‘seek alternative employment’
Ratcliffe feels it will boost productivity but some staff bemused

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/08/sir-jim-ratcliffe-manchester-united-remote-work-ban-email-traffic
no wonder they are bemused :)

The news was met with bemusement by some staff, who view as shortsighted Ratcliffe’s ­explanation for changing their ­working practices. It has also become a humorous topic because there is not enough space in Manchester and at the club’s London premises to accommodate all staff owing to some being used for ­hospitality and other activities.

A working group has been set up to implement Ratcliffe’s policy. Other challenges to be addressed include dealing with employees who live far from Manchester and London and the fact that some staff are on ­flexible contracts and do not have to work from club offices under their terms.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Sexual Abuser Donald Trump Indicted
« Last post by Mumm-Ra on Today at 05:46:41 pm »
It reminds me of what Len McCluskey said about the Remain Lobby to belittle the opinions of remain supporters. McCluskey "The Remain Lobby made the Brexit debate toxic."   yeah sure, we were all d/heads who let ourselves be influenced by political commentators out to wind us up. realty was nothing could be further from than the truth, remain supporters based their opinions on facts and evidence not wind ups by politicians, similar situation argued now, we all let ourselves be wound up by political commentators, evidence and facts never played a part in forming our opinions on Trump, reality is like Brexit the far right Trumpers made the debate on Trumps guilt toxic and like Brexit there was nothing much we could do about it when people hold flawed opinions to dismiss their arguments and evidence.

I see your point there. My point is, with Trump, just report the facts - they are damning enough.

The media learned very quickly that Trump generates clicks, and Trump outrage generates loads of clicks. A perfect example of what I'm thinking of happened just a few weeks ago. I get pretty much all my news from the BBC and NYT at the moment. On both sites I see a headline along the lines of 'Trump warns of bloodshed if he is not elected' - outrageous right, given what happened on Jan 6? Then I watched the 30 second clip and he was talking about how the US auto industry would be obliterated by China, he would save it by imposing 100% tariffs on Chinese car imports, but if he wasn't elected there would be a bloodbath for the American auto industry. That's standard political bluster. But these two media stalwarts reported it in this shocking, attention grabbing way that completely distorted the reality of what was said.

I don't need anyone to over egg the pudding and try to rile me up, just report the facts and soon enough he will say something outrageous, I don't need anything manufactured.

We all mock the right wing for getting up in arms about false controversies but how many of you are getting suckered in yourselves?
Thanks duvva. I honestly thought that we would be looking forward to competing for top spot and going into the UEFA League final but we hit poor form just at the wrong moment.

This will be a tough game. For one we are away from home and Villa probably will need to win to secure 4th place unless Spurs mess up.

We will need to play our best and treat the game as a must win. We need to keep up the form and end the season on a high.

It will be a very sad day when Jurgen leaves but he has brought us so much joy.
Hope Brugge pull this game back and go to the final. All Reds my age have got a soft spot for these,BMG, and St Etienne.

Reading many of your posts here, I suspect we are of a similar age (the first season I attended Anfield was 1969/70) - and the fact you're a James Thomas Ramey fan. You also share my views on fans applauding the team even if they've not played well and had a thumping.

And yes, all three of those European clubs hold a place in my heart too. :)
Ha ha, I love hearing about this guy. On a power trip, it's his way or the highway. Apparently greater unity of purpose can be achieved by coercion. Watch for two things 1] standards not to be applied equally 2] flight of highest skilled, most mobile staff.

It's always the same with these types, they don't have any genuine plans for improvement, instead its all about visible actions to set examples, the equivalent of Ten Hag sending his players on long runs after 'under performing'. 2 years later his players hate him and he is out the door. Ratcliffe is following the same pathway, lot's of 'are you watching' grand gestures, sensible staff quietly quitting and slipping away.
Dolly Parton - Shine

Love the original but the banjo and strings with her voice are something else
Media and Arts / Re: Cover Versions that are better than the Originals
« Last post by Baby Huey on Today at 05:41:34 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/of_oOrRAd8o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/of_oOrRAd8o</a>
General Football and Sport / Re: Pro Cycling 2023
« Last post by Baby Huey on Today at 05:39:17 pm »
Why not? He rides with the elan of the greats of yesteryear, so why not try something like this. I think Stelvio is after the final rest day, yeah? If so...

After the ITT there's another MTF, up to Prati Di Tivo. This will be the moment we find out who has and hasn't got the form to win the rave overall.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10