Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 593592 times)

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #1360 on: March 5, 2017, 12:55:16 am »
Was it lallana that stats were showing when we signed him that he very rarely completed the full 90mins for Southampton? I could be getting it mixed up but I'm fairly certain it was lallana that they said couldn't last 90mins.

He certainly is a 90min player now and even to do what he done for the third goal in the last few mins of play after running his heart out was even more special, to show the composer and calmness after bursting his balls all game was brilliant!
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1361 on: March 5, 2017, 12:55:47 am »
Another one who has decided to reappear after Crimbo.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1362 on: March 5, 2017, 03:09:28 am »
outstanding player, joy to watch if on form.. im glad he signed a new contract... if he is playing well, the whole team is...

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #1363 on: March 5, 2017, 06:27:51 am »
Was it lallana that stats were showing when we signed him that he very rarely completed the full 90mins for Southampton? I could be getting it mixed up but I'm fairly certain it was lallana that they said couldn't last 90mins.

He certainly is a 90min player now and even to do what he done for the third goal in the last few mins of play after running his heart out was even more special, to show the composer and calmness after bursting his balls all game was brilliant!

Stats never said that though..
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1364 on: March 5, 2017, 07:52:12 am »

I remember reading something about his ulcerative colitis and irregular heartbeat, which hindered his early development and meant he peaked later. Nice article below which talks about how he watched his Southampton team mates all move on to bigger clubs, but he kept on working hard to land his move to us:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/03/making-adam-lallana-early-years-bournemouth-paved-way-liverpool/

Imagine how much he could run if he had a regular heartbeat...
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1365 on: March 5, 2017, 08:47:08 am »
Didn't Firmino assist the third goal?
Origi.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1366 on: March 5, 2017, 08:57:59 am »
It's arguably his first good game of 2017 but what a game it was. Outstanding today in most aspects. Truly remarkable play on the third goal.

Only if you argue that he didn't have a good game against Spurs, which would be a very silly thing to argue.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #1367 on: March 5, 2017, 09:37:04 am »
Brilliant again yesterday.

Our most important player IMO.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: March 5, 2017, 11:00:16 am »
Immense!!

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #1369 on: March 5, 2017, 11:11:55 am »
Another one who has decided to reappear after Crimbo.

It was probably understandable given he was back to playing right wing during that period.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1370 on: March 5, 2017, 11:32:27 am »
He was everywhere yesterday. I thought he faded badly towards the end of the game like all of our midfield players. However he was superb in the buildup to the third goal.
#JFT97

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1371 on: March 5, 2017, 11:50:57 am »
Origi.

Crap I meant the second goal. People were saying Lallana.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1372 on: March 5, 2017, 07:47:05 pm »
I find it odd that with Henderson out that Lallana does not wear the armband. He captained Southampton and puts in a tremendous effort most nights this season.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1373 on: March 5, 2017, 11:11:22 pm »
Only if you argue that he didn't have a good game against Spurs, which would be a very silly thing to argue.
It wouldn't be, he was pretty mediocre on the ball in that game, though good defensively and at backing up play.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1374 on: March 6, 2017, 03:47:33 am »
Crap I meant the second goal. People were saying Lallana.
Firmino. Just rewatch the highlights mate haha it's worth it!

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #1375 on: March 6, 2017, 03:52:46 am »
I find it odd that with Henderson out that Lallana does not wear the armband. He captained Southampton and puts in a tremendous effort most nights this season.

And in the Sunderland away game, with Henderson out and Milner withdrawn at half-time, Lovren captained the team for the remainder of the match
The change is cast

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: March 19, 2017, 08:36:30 pm »
Ronnie Rosenthal can rest easy now.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #1377 on: March 19, 2017, 08:39:08 pm »
Horrible miss but he was relentless today and did really well to get out of some moments where he'd been given dodgy passes in dangerous areas.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1378 on: March 19, 2017, 08:40:05 pm »
It happens... He's still a beast and probably our player of the season so far.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1379 on: March 19, 2017, 08:43:22 pm »
Can't wait for Klopp to come in and play Ibe instead of him.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1380 on: March 19, 2017, 08:45:53 pm »
Thought he was excellent as the game went on.  Just relentless.  Phenomenal player...

If he had no technique he'd still be a top player, but his technique is sumptuous...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1381 on: March 19, 2017, 08:49:16 pm »
He was fantastic today so busy and worked his butt off pressing. While it was a bad miss I am sure he will be beating himself up far more, than any of us can. Don't let it bother you Adam, just carry on playing the way you are.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1382 on: March 19, 2017, 08:49:24 pm »
Terrible miss but at least it will live long in the memory as one of the worst ever  ;D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1383 on: March 19, 2017, 08:52:02 pm »
Terrible miss but at least it will live long in the memory as one of the worst ever  ;D

At least Aguero had an equally bad miss in the same match to make Adam look not so bad! ;D

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1384 on: March 19, 2017, 08:53:56 pm »
shocking miss...hope he gets roasted to fuck in training for it
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1385 on: March 19, 2017, 08:54:29 pm »

Yeah that'll show him!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1386 on: March 19, 2017, 08:55:34 pm »
Yeah that'll show him!

hopefully...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1387 on: March 19, 2017, 08:55:46 pm »

He's already feeling bad about it, getting shit from his team mates for it won't help him.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1388 on: March 19, 2017, 08:58:07 pm »
Tired legs... it came at him quite high, but yet too low to scissor kick...

I've missed loads like that... I'm shit, but I know exactly how it happens.  Would have been one of the best team goals of the season
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #1389 on: March 19, 2017, 09:01:58 pm »
Awful miss from a great player. Shit happens.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1390 on: March 19, 2017, 09:07:31 pm »
Poor boy must be given some slack.

The way he worked so hard not only in this match but most of the season means that I will forgive him even if he had missed 2 sitters today.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1391 on: March 19, 2017, 10:06:52 pm »
Lallana apologised to JK after the game..JK said 'what for'?

JK post match went on to say Lallana is one of the best, if not the best..technical wise players he has ever worked with.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:09:41 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1392 on: March 19, 2017, 10:09:33 pm »
He's had a good season, he needs a goal soon to boost his confidence, as he's gone 12 matches without a goal or an assist. The shocking miss aside today, he was good.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1393 on: March 19, 2017, 10:10:26 pm »
Just saw Suarez knock a simple rebound wide of the goal when it was easier to score - it happens to the best. Klopp really has taken him to the next level, our player of the season along with Mane and will get into the team of the season.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1394 on: March 19, 2017, 11:17:44 pm »
He's had a good season, he needs a goal soon to boost his confidence, as he's gone 12 matches without a goal or an assist. The shocking miss aside today, he was good.

He's been poor for quite a while in terms of productivity and what he does with the ball. He worked hard today as he often does, I don't doubt his commitment. 12 matches without a goal or an assist looks bad as bare numbers and depending what side of the fence you are on stats don't tell the full story, or the numbers don't lie.

I don't think he's had a great season like people are making out. He had a great spell early on when we looked invincible but he wasn't the only one. Coutinho and Firmino have been getting a roasting from some of our fans for their form yet Lallana hasn't been much better. He's got the energy to run and press harder than Coutinho, but that aside (and not discounting the importance of it) there hasn't been any difference in terms of form over the past couple of months.

I'm not too bothered about his miss. His technique to hit it was feeble, you don't try and guide those in like that on the volley unless you are 4-0 up. But it happens, it's football. It's the bigger issues that concern me. And yes, I'll probably get a hammering for this.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1395 on: March 19, 2017, 11:56:51 pm »
His courage on the ball in tight spaces is second to none

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1396 on: March 20, 2017, 12:01:03 am »
He's been poor for quite a while in terms of productivity and what he does with the ball. He worked hard today as he often does, I don't doubt his commitment. 12 matches without a goal or an assist looks bad as bare numbers and depending what side of the fence you are on stats don't tell the full story, or the numbers don't lie.

I don't think he's had a great season like people are making out. He had a great spell early on when we looked invincible but he wasn't the only one. Coutinho and Firmino have been getting a roasting from some of our fans for their form yet Lallana hasn't been much better. He's got the energy to run and press harder than Coutinho, but that aside (and not discounting the importance of it) there hasn't been any difference in terms of form over the past couple of months.

I'm not too bothered about his miss. His technique to hit it was feeble, you don't try and guide those in like that on the volley unless you are 4-0 up. But it happens, it's football. It's the bigger issues that concern me. And yes, I'll probably get a hammering for this.

As you should since he's played hist best season since his last two years at Soton, and despite the drop off in terms of productivity, he's got 7 goals and 7 assists for the season from midfield. He was poor in some matches, but overall he's had a good season, and has been on of our most important players. Without him in midfield, we don't function.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1397 on: March 20, 2017, 12:46:05 am »
It's just tiredness at the end of the game.
However, bit disappointing since we were sucking them on a counter. When that came, Adam missed horribly. Otherwise we would be above Manchester City
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1398 on: March 20, 2017, 01:45:10 am »
As you should since he's played hist best season since his last two years at Soton, and despite the drop off in terms of productivity, he's got 7 goals and 7 assists for the season from midfield. He was poor in some matches, but overall he's had a good season, and has been on of our most important players. Without him in midfield, we don't function.

My annoyance with Lallana is that he seems to play well when we as a team play well. He's not really the type of player who will often grab the game by the scruff of the neck and do something and he's even less likely to do so against the better teams (into his third year here now and he's scored against City and Arsenal in the league, many of his goals come against teams in the middle or near the bottom of the table). That's a compliment to him in some ways, because he's got that bit of trickery and two-footedness to break a deadlock, but equally many of his goals come in 4 or 5 nil wins. But he's been talked about as a leader for us and comes out with lots of fighting talk, yet during a pretty difficult 2017 for us so far he's contributed nil offensively and hasn't stepped up to the plate when we've had Mane away for a few games, when Coutinho has been struggling for form and Firmino has been hit and miss.

I understand his primary role isn't to score or assist as he's being deployed deeper but he's got it quite cushy in my opinion. You cite his 7 goals and assists from earlier in the season to highlight his contribution, yet when those dry up when we need them most he's always going to receive credit for his hard work and industry. He's our creative hub from that deeper position and he currently isn't creating much. Klopp adores him and I can see why, I just think people forget that he's one of the senior players at approaching 29 and he has the ability to be a matchwinner and do more when we need him, and in recent months we have done.

I have nothing against Adam. He's an important member of our squad, he works himself into the ground for us and the manager loves him. He can do more for us when we need him to, not just when the collective is firing on all cylinders.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1399 on: March 20, 2017, 02:29:52 am »
My annoyance with Lallana is that he seems to play well when we as a team play well. He's not really the type of player who will often grab the game by the scruff of the neck and do something and he's even less likely to do so against the better teams (into his third year here now and he's scored against City and Arsenal in the league, many of his goals come against teams in the middle or near the bottom of the table). That's a compliment to him in some ways, because he's got that bit of trickery and two-footedness to break a deadlock, but equally many of his goals come in 4 or 5 nil wins. But he's been talked about as a leader for us and comes out with lots of fighting talk, yet during a pretty difficult 2017 for us so far he's contributed nil offensively and hasn't stepped up to the plate when we've had Mane away for a few games, when Coutinho has been struggling for form and Firmino has been hit and miss.

I understand his primary role isn't to score or assist as he's being deployed deeper but he's got it quite cushy in my opinion. You cite his 7 goals and assists from earlier in the season to highlight his contribution, yet when those dry up when we need them most he's always going to receive credit for his hard work and industry. He's our creative hub from that deeper position and he currently isn't creating much. Klopp adores him and I can see why, I just think people forget that he's one of the senior players at approaching 29 and he has the ability to be a matchwinner and do more when we need him, and in recent months we have done.

I have nothing against Adam. He's an important member of our squad, he works himself into the ground for us and the manager loves him. He can do more for us when we need him to, not just when the collective is firing on all cylinders.

When Mane was away, we had Lallana playing in that position instead, and he's not no where near effective, and we failed to maintain the run we had before Mane's absence. Our midfield falls apart when he's not playing, there is no other player in the squad that can do what he does in midfield.

What player can take the game by the scruff of the neck and change it on his own in midfield? Other than Gerrard, we've had no players like that in midfield in the last 20 years, and there aren't many players like that. If he was like that, he'd be a world class player, but he isn't, he's a good player who is a key part to the way this team functions.

The entire team struggled massively, not many players came out looking well during that run. Mane imo is our POTY, and he's behind him, because when he's not playing, when he hasn't played in midfield for whatever reason, our midfield cant' function and without it functioning we can't play well enough in the attacking third. It's a vital role and only is appreciated when he isn't playing.