Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 321808 times)

Online CS111

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #7920 on: April 25, 2024, 09:10:43 pm »
Liverpool 100%. But it didnt matter that much. Us finishing above 8th was more of a concern.
We were so far away from challenging that I didnt really look closely at how brutal it is to compete with these dodgy robots. .
Always hated the c*nts though, them and Chelsea ruined everything we worked hard for. Id only want them to win if it was against spurs. Id still respect spurs more.
Decent shout, if true. 

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7921 on: April 25, 2024, 09:14:41 pm »
Question for the Arsenal fans in here!   

When we were going toe to toe with the cheats,  who were you rooting for?   Please be truthful

I used to quite enjoy coming in here, and to answer your question to a man they wanted Liverpool to win. I never had a problem with any of them. It's why despite everything I would prefer Arsenal to win than the sports washers now. Sadly we all know what will happen.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7922 on: April 25, 2024, 09:18:14 pm »
No they still have a game in hand after tonight but will still be a point behind.

This has been a no contest by Brighton.

Ah, cheers mate. I've not looked at the table in weeks, so checked the BBC, see they're on 76, you 77 and thought that was before tonight,
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7923 on: April 25, 2024, 09:19:35 pm »
I used to quite enjoy coming in here, and to answer your question to a man they wanted Liverpool to win. I never had a problem with any of them. It's why despite everything I would prefer Arsenal to win than the sports washers now. Sadly we all know what will happen.

I had to put up with the total opposite, stupid fucking memes, stupid fucking anti scouse jokes, hence my stance on Arsenal
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7924 on: April 25, 2024, 09:35:57 pm »
Question for the Arsenal fans in here!   

When we were going toe to toe with the cheats,  who were you rooting for?   Please be truthful
I wasn't happy when they won the first time either because of financial doping. For me, it was as bad as Utd winning it.

This should give you my answer.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7925 on: April 25, 2024, 09:38:59 pm »
I had to put up with the total opposite, stupid fucking memes, stupid fucking anti scouse jokes, hence my stance on Arsenal

I mean on here, that is what he asked. I don't include social media for example as everyone has fans who are pretty idiotic on there. I don't personally know any Arsenal fans.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #7926 on: April 25, 2024, 10:09:08 pm »
In watching the darts. Football is overrated

Really? In snooker season? They deal properly with cheats.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7927 on: April 25, 2024, 10:26:30 pm »
In watching the darts. Football is overrated

Trying to watch that too but that fat Manc c*nt is annoying me. No escaping sports rage!

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7928 on: April 25, 2024, 11:18:55 pm »
I mean on here, that is what he asked. I don't include social media for example as everyone has fans who are pretty idiotic on there. I don't personally know any Arsenal fans.

I know several from when I worked in London, and they are all decent guys with whom you can talk football enjoyably. I’m still in contact with them.

Two of my subordinate managers were Spurs fans, and one a Chelsea supporter. They were all bellends, hopped up on “banter” - couldn’t hold a sensible conversation about football even with their boss.

No idea why, but now I live in New Zealand, there’s a fair few Spurs supporters here too. They are also exclusively bellends.

I digress. Arsenal deserve the title if not us (and though I deplore the diving, it seems the only way in this league is to be shithouses, because refs don’t give anything for fair play, and how well have the Gunners exploited this) and Arteta has done the difficult thing - built solidly on a failed bid in the previous season.

I agree with what some have written above, the more Abu Dhabi corrupt the league, the more that becomes the norm, and the likelihood of meaningful punishment reduces from almost none to not a chance.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7929 on: Yesterday at 12:09:44 am »
City will win every game with ease its a good thing i stopped watching after 20 mins.  I still desperately want to beat Spurs because its the derby and means a lot, dont want these special games to be tainted by this fake title race narrative that sky keep pushing every season, without once referring to the 115 charges hanging over the team going for 4 in a row.
Lance Armstrong won 7 tour de france in a row. City will win 6 out 7.

Offline BigBrainArteta

• Main Stander
« Reply #7930 on: Yesterday at 01:23:59 am »
I think we overachieved last season like you overachieved this, but I understand its no comfort when you see your team throw points away against inferior teams. The best measure is pre season expectations though and we exceeded them then and you exceeded them now.

We haven't overachieved or underachieved. We are right were we should be. Competing for the title deep into the season as one of the best teams in the league.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7931 on: Yesterday at 06:04:19 am »
We haven't overachieved or underachieved. We are right were we should be. Competing for the title deep into the season as one of the best teams in the league.

I was talking about Last season, when we overachieved.

Now we are where we should be, this is our level, to keep knocking on the door of the cheats and see how many times we can get through it, like Liverpool did under Klopp, but ultimately the cheats will still be favourites at the start of every season. Now we are their nearest challengers, and I expect that to be the case for the foreseeable, I just hope we can get across the line sometime.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7932 on: Yesterday at 07:59:28 am »
City will win every game with ease its a good thing i stopped watching after 20 mins.  I still desperately want to beat Spurs because its the derby and means a lot, dont want these special games to be tainted by this fake title race narrative that sky keep pushing every season, without once referring to the 115 charges hanging over the team going for 4 in a row.
Lance Armstrong won 7 tour de france in a row. City will win 6 out 7.

Can't see Spurs getting anything from that unless you play the occasion not the team.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7933 on: Yesterday at 08:10:35 am »
For the record I've said you lot will win it since February and still think you will. Just gutted I didn't back it back in February at 11/2 because then you wouldn't win it for sure haha

Don’t worry Tony, we aren’t winning it. City will do their usual, win 5 from 5 and come away with it again. Made my peace with that was the likely outcome when we dropped points vs Villa. Son a you relinquish control they don’t really slip up.

Maybe we should all just join an Arsenal forum and see how welcomed we are.

There seems to be a good few on Red Cafe so why not? It’s not just RAWK that has oppo fans.

If this was the Arsenal of 10 years ago, I wouldn't begrudge them the league. Their manager and players are so unlikeable that I can't help but not want them to win it because of that. I know plenty of sound Arsenal fans, but this league and country deserves Abu Dhabi to win it yet again. Maybe then people will realise what we've been saying against the wind for the past 10 years.

Why do Liverpool feel they are the only team to have been wronged by them? We were the one they poached players from, Adebayor, Toure, Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, when they were really cooking the books. They took our place in top 4, they took Utd’s place at the top of the league. It was our crest on the letter pushing for FFP. So yeah, it’s been Liverpool in recent years, but they’ve been more than a thorn in our side since the takeover happened!

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #7934 on: Yesterday at 08:47:02 am »
I know a few, all decent. One I’d class as a good friend. Same age as me (old) and been going to the Arsenal all his adult life. He’s huge and scary looking, but soft as anything. Used to be in their firm, are/were they called the Herd? I think that was it. He’s all I can go by and he always wanted Liverpool to win when we were going toe to toe with the cheats.

People will have different experiences I get that, and every team has nob heads, but in general surely Arsenal have never been a team that deserve our hatred, and it’s the same vice versa I believe. A great rival yes. Cause of one of our most painful footballing moments, of course. But never in the same league as Man United, City, Chelsea or any other team we don’t get on with. Btw, just as an aside, pre-Abu Dhabi, there didn’t seem much animosity with City either. I’ve stood on the Kippax, accidentally cheered a Rush goal, and lived to tell the tale.

I bet when it comes right down to it, if it’s all on the last day, those saying they want City to win it, secretly won’t. I’m looking at you Rob  ;)

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7935 on: Yesterday at 09:39:23 am »
Why do Liverpool feel they are the only team to have been wronged by them? We were the one they poached players from, Adebayor, Toure, Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, when they were really cooking the books. They took our place in top 4, they took Utd’s place at the top of the league. It was our crest on the letter pushing for FFP. So yeah, it’s been Liverpool in recent years, but they’ve been more than a thorn in our side since the takeover happened!

Nobody thinks we're the only team to have been wronged by them, but getting opposition fans to see that has been difficult, as they've been busy cheering for Man City to "save football" any time we've been close to them.

The opinion of some, is that if a club like Arsenal gets diddled, it might stop becoming hilarious 'banter' for the rest of the country and they might actually take note of the fact that the Premier League has become a non-competition due to overt cheating.

Personally, I'd rather just see a proper club win it, but I can understand the sentiment.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7936 on: Yesterday at 09:48:39 am »
Just can't see Cheats dropping any points unfortunately.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7937 on: Yesterday at 09:49:15 am »
I know a few, all decent. One I’d class as a good friend. Same age as me (old) and been going to the Arsenal all his adult life. He’s huge and scary looking, but soft as anything. Used to be in their firm, are/were they called the Herd? I think that was it. He’s all I can go by and he always wanted Liverpool to win when we were going toe to toe with the cheats.

People will have different experiences I get that, and every team has nob heads, but in general surely Arsenal have never been a team that deserve our hatred, and it’s the same vice versa I believe. A great rival yes. Cause of one of our most painful footballing moments, of course. But never in the same league as Man United, City, Chelsea or any other team we don’t get on with. Btw, just as an aside, pre-Abu Dhabi, there didn’t seem much animosity with City either. I’ve stood on the Kippax, accidentally cheered a Rush goal, and lived to tell the tale.

I bet when it comes right down to it, if it’s all on the last day, those saying they want City to win it, secretly won’t. I’m looking at you Rob  ;)

Yeh the herd! Active in the 80s apparently.

I totally get why some liverpool fans will want the cheats to win again.  I agree that it wont look “right” if at the end of this season Arteta has as many premier league titles as Klopp. Even though all these issues are directly created by city cheating, you will feel its unfair if their cheating stops working the one season when we are challenging them, after youve put up incredible seasons and not got the rewards for it.
I dont think its a controversial stance and id probably feel the same way if we had to put up with this shit for years then see someone else come and win a title without having to suffer all those heartbreaks .

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7938 on: Yesterday at 09:52:17 am »
As it has been for decades with me, and especially after the Everton result:

If it's not to be us, I hope Arsenal win it

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #7939 on: Yesterday at 12:21:18 pm »
Yeh the herd! Active in the 80s apparently.

I totally get why some liverpool fans will want the cheats to win again.  I agree that it wont look “right” if at the end of this season Arteta has as many premier league titles as Klopp. Even though all these issues are directly created by city cheating, you will feel its unfair if their cheating stops working the one season when we are challenging them, after youve put up incredible seasons and not got the rewards for it.
I dont think its a controversial stance and id probably feel the same way if we had to put up with this shit for years then see someone else come and win a title without having to suffer all those heartbreaks .
Yeah, I get it as well. Just couldn’t bring myself to want this version of City to win it personally. If others disagree, it’s all good. We’re all just gutted it’s now extremely unlikely to be us in with a chance on the final day. Then again, almost glad not to have to go through that, yet-a-fuckin-gain!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7940 on: Yesterday at 02:12:32 pm »

Sadly for me its family on the wifes side, Essex relatives.

The Arsenal lads on here all seem pretty decent to be fair (except TNB obviously ;) )
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7941 on: Yesterday at 02:40:22 pm »

Ditto
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7942 on: Yesterday at 02:44:40 pm »

The Arsenal lads on here all seem pretty decent to be fair (except TNB obviously ;) )

Agreed

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7943 on: Yesterday at 02:52:21 pm »

A Manc with Essex relatives. Jesus, you’re an unlucky man.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7944 on: Yesterday at 03:14:36 pm »

I must have been a really really evil bastard in a past life, SS or Spanish Inquisitor, some twat like that ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Online dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #7945 on: Yesterday at 03:50:08 pm »

Agreed. Anyone but that awful shitstain on football. Even if FC 113 do win it, we all agree there'll be an asterisk against it ...as with all their hollow titles.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7946 on: Yesterday at 03:55:55 pm »
Most Arsenal lads I know down here are fairly decent.
Its the Spurs fans (and England fans) who are the worst.

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7947 on: Yesterday at 04:37:36 pm »

Rob is a masochist, not "unlucky". No way someone is that unlucky ;D
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7948 on: Yesterday at 05:56:53 pm »
Rob is a masochist, not "unlucky". No way someone is that unlucky ;D

Born in Liverpool in the 60's to Liverpool Supporting parents, no way would I ever say I was unlucky ;D

I remember telling our kid I'd met her and he said "thought you said you were gonna stop shagging Mancs?", so yep, its all my own fault.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7949 on: Yesterday at 06:27:05 pm »
Born in Liverpool in the 60's to Liverpool Supporting parents, no way would I ever say I was unlucky ;D

I remember telling our kid I'd met her and he said "thought you said you were gonna stop shagging Mancs?", so yep, its all my own fault.

Ay Ay it’s the Urmston Iglesias.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7950 on: Yesterday at 08:35:32 pm »
Do you? Aren’t you two points behind if both teams keep winning and get to level games? And you have a better GD.

I’m scared to look at the table so apologies if I’m wrong.
No you don’t.

You are four points ahead of them. If they draw a game and win the others then your GD will be superior.
What I meant is that we may slip once more. That's why we need Abu Dhabi to slip twice.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7951 on: Yesterday at 08:57:15 pm »
They never do.
And they get strange good luck like opponents first choice goalkeepers suddenly refusing to play for no real reason and the second choice then letting in a load of goals.
Or handballs in the box inexplicably missed by not at all bent referees.

But still, got to marvel at how they manage it season after season!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #7952 on: Yesterday at 10:32:44 pm »
Agreed. Anyone but that awful shitstain on football. Even if FC 113 do win it, we all agree there'll be an asterisk against it ...as with all their hollow titles.
Have two charges been dropped?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #7953 on: Yesterday at 10:58:39 pm »
Have two charges been dropped?
VAR are looking into them.
So, probably yes.