Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1760467 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #3720 on: April 7, 2017, 04:44:53 pm »
It's not about time, it's about location

Interesting... cheers!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #3721 on: April 7, 2017, 05:14:58 pm »
The main thing right now is to get Mane fit for next season, and hope that there is no long term damage done. That is more important then worrying about his absence.

Get well soon Mane.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3722 on: April 7, 2017, 05:52:09 pm »
Most of these players were available when Mane went to CAN but it didn't help. As I said I hope my gut feeling is incorrect and we do finish in the top 4

After the Sunderland game we played 8 games in 23 days, with most games only 3 days apart, we also had a the two games over Christmas which were evening kick-offs. From tomorrow we've got between 7 and 8 days between games, Phil is back on form, Origi has scored 2 in 2, Can is over his injury and playing well and Lallana and Hendo are due back. We'll miss Mane, but hopefully not too much.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #3723 on: April 7, 2017, 08:05:12 pm »
Time for others to shine
#JFT97

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3724 on: April 7, 2017, 11:22:56 pm »
He has been great for us this season. It's been a pleasure from Arsenal through to Everton. I hope he comes back fit and well come for the start of our next title winning season in August.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3725 on: April 8, 2017, 01:19:46 am »
Please dont lose your pace Sadio.

Does anyone know a player who's had this before and how did they come back?

We need Lallana back asap. They are our two best players this year. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3726 on: April 8, 2017, 01:22:47 am »
I remember him tearing Chelsea apart for Saints.   Then he got dropped by Southampton later and I therefore concluded if hes not good enough for them, hes not good enough for us.

Id make a great scout.

Get well soon Sadio
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3727 on: April 8, 2017, 01:46:27 am »
He'll be well rested for next season. Let's hope we can get top 4 without him and Sadio will come back in pre-season raring to go.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3728 on: April 8, 2017, 07:52:54 am »

Suarez had a similar injury.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3729 on: April 8, 2017, 08:46:49 am »

A Spurs friend of mine told me Gareth Bale had this surgery years ago. I googled it and indeed he had it in 2009.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3730 on: April 8, 2017, 11:44:34 am »
Liverpool with and without Sadio Mane in the Premier League this season
With Mane     Without Mane
27    Games    4
17    Wins            0
7    Draws    2
3    Losses    2
61    Goals For    5
2.3    Avg. Goals For    1.3
31    Goals Against    8
1.1    Avg. Goals Against    2
63%    Win Percent    0%
2.1    Points/Game    0.5
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3731 on: April 8, 2017, 01:47:54 pm »
A Spurs friend of mine told me Gareth Bale had this surgery years ago. I googled it and indeed he had it in 2009.

You can't compare the two, you don't know exactly what's going to be done and there's at least 5 options for them to consider.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3732 on: April 8, 2017, 01:48:57 pm »
You can't compare the two, you don't know exactly what's going to be done and there's at least 5 options for them to consider.

Indeed i just was responding to the questions about other players. Of course we wont kniw the severity.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3733 on: April 8, 2017, 02:34:10 pm »
There was no intention from Baines. Mane's knee seemed to get caught under his own body weight.

Mane dangling his leg in there was childishly over-eager, it's the kind of thing you get told early on is a no-no. Watched it in horror.

Think klopp said he expected far worse as well watching it.

Always go in balanced, with the rest of your body braced close, aligned to absorb impact, never over-extend.

You don't expect the club to ground them all in basic martial arts principles but some instructions on posture, shape and protecting themselves going in should be compulsory really.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3734 on: April 8, 2017, 03:15:32 pm »
You do know that this is a forum for people to talk and share their thoughts and ideas right? Grow up and start accepting opinions that are different than yours

Yes, hence the question being whether you went to the game.

As much as it's irritating to see your pussy ass views on here, you're absolutely correct that it's a place to share your opinions.

I'd never want you on my side in fucking anything though, with the cowardly mentality you consistently show.

Here's my opinion, grow a pair. Back the reds when they've taken a few knocks.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3735 on: April 8, 2017, 04:56:09 pm »
Liverpool with and without Sadio Mane in the Premier League this season
With Mane     Without Mane
27    Games    5
17    Wins           1

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #3736 on: April 8, 2017, 10:13:52 pm »
Yes, hence the question being whether you went to the game.

As much as it's irritating to see your pussy ass views on here, you're absolutely correct that it's a place to share your opinions.

I'd never want you on my side in fucking anything though, with the cowardly mentality you consistently show.

Here's my opinion, grow a pair. Back the reds when they've taken a few knocks.

I do back the team when I'm at the game. What happens at the stadium is totally different than what happens here because what I say on here does not affect the players in any way. So stop acting all heroic on a football forum, you look childish

Also, why would I or anyone care about whether a 35 year old nobody would want me on their side in anything?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3737 on: April 8, 2017, 10:16:33 pm »

I'm so glad that this can be put to bed, too many people using that "statistic" as if we couldn't win without Mane. :)

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #3738 on: April 8, 2017, 10:22:06 pm »
I'm so glad that this can be put to bed, too many people using that "statistic" as if we couldn't win without Mane. :)

You were right :) We won today without him, and what an important win it could turn out to be

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3739 on: April 8, 2017, 10:30:13 pm »
Holy shit, we won without him! :o

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3740 on: April 9, 2017, 02:57:45 am »
Mane dangling his leg in there was childishly over-eager, it's the kind of thing you get told early on is a no-no. Watched it in horror.

Think klopp said he expected far worse as well watching it.

Always go in balanced, with the rest of your body braced close, aligned to absorb impact, never over-extend.

You don't expect the club to ground them all in basic martial arts principles but some instructions on posture, shape and protecting themselves going in should be compulsory really.

what??

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3741 on: April 9, 2017, 10:49:39 am »
Holy shit, we won without him! :o

We can win without him. An interesting article I read about taking away your most important goalscorer, where would that team finish in the league. We came out top, which does prove the advantage of sharing the goals around the team. That quality cannot be underestimated.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3742 on: April 9, 2017, 11:50:24 am »
We can win without him. An interesting article I read about taking away your most important goalscorer, where would that team finish in the league. We came out top, which does prove the advantage of sharing the goals around the team. That quality cannot be underestimated.

Not that I think we can't win without him, but those "where would you be without your best goalscorer?" hypothetical's are garbage.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3743 on: April 9, 2017, 11:58:57 am »
Not that I think we can't win without him, but those "where would you be without your best goalscorer?" hypothetical's are garbage.

I am not saying that is proves anything other than how valuable it is that we are sharing the goals around the team. People go on about us needing a 30 season goal scorer, but we still need to make sure that the goals are shared around. All our attacking players need good targets, if we are to make a regular habit of challenging. That's the only point I'm making.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3744 on: April 9, 2017, 12:02:10 pm »
I am not saying that is proves anything other than how valuable it is that we are sharing the goals around the team. People go on about us needing a 30 season goal scorer, but we still need to make sure that the goals are shared around. All our attacking players need good targets, if we are to make a regular habit of challenging. That's the only point I'm making.

It's not necessarily the loss of goals from Mane that causes us issues though, it's the loss of pace and pressing in attack and the moving around of other players that really hurts us, which is why doing something as simple as removing his goals from the equation doesn't really offer anything useful.

We need so much more pace in this team next season.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3745 on: April 9, 2017, 12:13:20 pm »
I know, it was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment with all the stats coming out recently about us not winning without him playing ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3746 on: April 9, 2017, 12:44:43 pm »
I know, it was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment with all the stats coming out recently about us not winning without him playing ;D

Fair enough.  ;)

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3747 on: April 9, 2017, 08:16:13 pm »
It's not necessarily the loss of goals from Mane that causes us issues though, it's the loss of pace and pressing in attack and the moving around of other players that really hurts us, which is why doing something as simple as removing his goals from the equation doesn't really offer anything useful.

We need so much more pace in this team next season.
Pace is overrated. Montero has pace. Quality has to be the first attribute, then pace comes second. Not the other way round.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3748 on: April 9, 2017, 08:18:47 pm »
Pace is overrated. Montero has pace. Quality has to be the first attribute, then pace comes second. Not the other way round.

It's an interesting topic. Quality is obviously the most important thing but its really really tough to be successful at the top level without pace and if you don't have it as a team you are going to suffer against more atheltic outfits as it just becomes so hard to create space

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3749 on: April 10, 2017, 12:16:34 am »

There are some utterly awful players that make it purely due to their pace. I don't think one can underestimate how important pace is and particularly when talking about a team that has chronically lacked pace. You know what happens to players with excellent technique but not enough pace? They end up as the lads on the corners of city streets busking by doing keepy-ups.

Obviously, every player playing at the top level needs technique and quality. That goes without saying. But the third quality that pretty much every player needs is speed. Sure, in the past teams were built around defenders that weren't quite so quick and could rely on their positioning to get themselves out of trouble. But the game is faster than ever now and even defenders really need to be fast enough to recover and put in a tackle. The only difference these days is that strikers are probably faster over the first 40 while defenders might be faster over 100.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3750 on: April 10, 2017, 12:40:52 am »

Quality goes without saying, pace without intelligence and movement isn't useful which is why we sold Ibe. That said, all teams need a bit of speed in them, so many times in the past few seasons teams have pressed high against us knowing that we haven't had the ability to hurt them if they get caught out, we need someone like Mane in the team at all times really, and in fact at times it'd be good to have two or three players who can break quickly.

The last time we really had that was 13/14 with Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez (not rapid but quick enough). Of course we likely won't be getting another Suarez anytime soon but we can put together an attack capable of breaking incredibly quickly. I'd use Chelsea as a comparison but that has been a bit of a sore spot over the last few days!

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3751 on: April 10, 2017, 10:44:32 am »
There are some utterly awful players that make it purely due to their pace. I don't think one can underestimate how important pace is and particularly when talking about a team that has chronically lacked pace. You know what happens to players with excellent technique but not enough pace? They end up as the lads on the corners of city streets busking by doing keepy-ups.

Erm, Pirlo, Fabregas, Alonso... all slow but incredibly gifted footballers. Ability outdoes pace every day of the week. Most of those buskers are probably kids who got by on physique and passable technical ability until they moved up and found that pace isn't everything

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3752 on: April 10, 2017, 12:10:21 pm »
Knee op tomorrow according to Joycey. Out for 8 weeks.  Could have been a lot worse I suppose.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3753 on: April 10, 2017, 12:18:51 pm »
Erm, Pirlo, Fabregas, Alonso... all slow but incredibly gifted footballers. Ability outdoes pace every day of the week. Most of those buskers are probably kids who got by on physique and passable technical ability until they moved up and found that pace isn't everything
Who is Erm?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3754 on: April 10, 2017, 12:27:14 pm »
Knee op tomorrow according to Joycey. Out for 8 weeks.  Could have been a lot worse I suppose.
Hopefully it goes well, he'll come back from this as strong as ever, he has the right kind of personality to do so.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #3755 on: April 10, 2017, 12:29:58 pm »
they never had pace in the first place, so learned to play that way.
Sadio, if he loses it will have to adjust. Not saying it can't be done, but it's not so simple as saying quality > pace.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3756 on: April 10, 2017, 01:04:01 pm »

Yeah but Mane is defined by his pace. He's a good footballer but he doesn't have the exceptional, off the charts, technical ability of the players you've listed. If he loses pace he won't be the same player or carry the same level of threat
I have no idea what the prognosis is on this kind of knee injury but hopefully it has no long term effects?

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3757 on: April 10, 2017, 01:22:24 pm »
Yeah but Mane is defined by his pace. He's a good footballer but he doesn't have the exceptional, off the charts, technical ability of the players you've listed. If he loses pace he won't be the same player or carry the same level of threat
I have no idea what the prognosis is on this kind of knee injury but hopefully it has no long term effects?
Unless there are unforeseen complications, there shouldn't be any long term effects. As mentioned, Suarez and Bale have had similar injuries. Chadli had it this year as well and struggled for a bit on his return but seems back to his old level now.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3758 on: April 10, 2017, 01:24:00 pm »
Unless there are unforeseen complications, there shouldn't be any long term effects. As mentioned, Suarez and Bale have had similar injuries. Chadli had it this year as well and struggled for a bit on his return but seems back to his old level now.

okay cool thanks - good luck us!

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3759 on: April 10, 2017, 07:14:52 pm »

I think Mane still have more to offer with less pace then say, Sterling. Mane is still a goal threat and plays one-two to beat him player. But let's hope we won't come to that and that he will fully recover.

One player who played well on the wing without a lot of pace is Valencia, another very clever player.