Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1760235 times)

Offline fingermouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #3680 on: April 5, 2017, 06:29:19 pm »
I had my lateral miniscus 'trimmed' 6 years ago. The surgeon made an arse of it, needed a second op to remove it completely. Cant run without a degree of pain but strength exercises do help.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3681 on: April 5, 2017, 06:32:19 pm »
I had my lateral miniscus 'trimmed' 6 years ago. The surgeon made an arse of it, needed a second op to remove it completely. Cant run without a degree of pain but strength exercises do help.

I would think there's less chance of that happening for rich, professional athletes. Sorry it happened to you, but at least it most likely won't happen to Mane.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3682 on: April 5, 2017, 06:35:59 pm »
Fat slobs which my uncle is one of did his meniscus and was up and "running' in  a month. And he's no professional athlete, believe me

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3683 on: April 5, 2017, 06:40:13 pm »
Fat slobs which my uncle is one of did his meniscus and was up and "running' in  a month. And he's no professional athlete, believe me

From the amount of people on here and people they know who have suffered knee ligament damage it seems everyone is a professional athlete. How exactly are these injuries happening?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3684 on: April 5, 2017, 06:42:24 pm »
From the amount of people on here and people they know who have suffered knee ligament damage it seems everyone is a professional athlete. How exactly are these injuries happening?

professional drinkers...leading to drunken falls I am guessing?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3685 on: April 5, 2017, 06:43:07 pm »

Not sure about others but my uncle did his playing 5 a side footie.

This as well on a night out.  ;D

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3686 on: April 5, 2017, 06:44:04 pm »

In my case keep fit, and not getting it seen to early enough by a professional. Regret it even now, as I still have problems with my knee.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3687 on: April 5, 2017, 06:44:16 pm »

Knee injuries are quite common, people use them a lot, and that includes meniscus injuries.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3688 on: April 5, 2017, 06:44:42 pm »
Had a great season. A first year as impressive as anyone else's in recent times for us. Worth every penny we've spent on him.

He's also clearly our player of the season even with being unavailable for 2-3 months of it. It still blows my mind how we managed to get him and how little competition we had for his signature. It bodes well for us that Klopp has such a refined eye for a player that he's able to steal a proper gem right under the nose of our rivals, brilliant stuff.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #3689 on: April 5, 2017, 06:49:17 pm »

They think there still young and able

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #3690 on: April 5, 2017, 06:54:32 pm »
How exactly are these injuries happening?

some form of physical activity most likely.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3691 on: April 5, 2017, 06:55:46 pm »

Turning round to fast to accept a chocolate muffin is apparently a major problem these days.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3692 on: April 5, 2017, 06:59:10 pm »

A very small sample out of billions around the world in this thread ;) it's not as common as you think.

I've got a meniscal tear, no way am I letting any orthopod near my knee though. I'll just be fine keeping it moving and strengthening it.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3693 on: April 5, 2017, 06:59:50 pm »
Knee injuries are quite common, people use them a lot, and that includes meniscus injuries.

Yes I guess knees are used a lot ;D

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #3694 on: April 5, 2017, 07:07:47 pm »
I hope the filthy bitters are proud of their 'man's game' approach to causing injuries such as this. There's being firm-but-fair and then there's leaving your leg in on purpose. Am I right in saying it was Baines that made the 'tackle'? It's a good job I don't play football, because I'd be on him from the word go in the next derby and he wouldn't be walking off the pitch like Sadio managed to do. Absolutely no need for such a tackle, nor any of the others in that match. No doubt there will be elements of their following celebrating this news. Fucking pathetic.

Hope our Sadio is back soon enough and raring to go. No point in rushing him back though, let it heal fully and go for it next year. Young Divock will do us proud in the meantime!

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #3695 on: April 5, 2017, 07:11:15 pm »
I hope the filthy bitters are proud of their 'man's game' approach to causing injuries such as this. There's being firm-but-fair and then there's leaving your leg in on purpose. Am I right in saying it was Baines that made the 'tackle'? It's a good job I don't play football, because I'd be on him from the word go in the next derby and he wouldn't be walking off the pitch like Sadio managed to do. Absolutely no need for such a tackle, nor any of the others in that match. No doubt there will be elements of their following celebrating this news. Fucking pathetic.

Hope our Sadio is back soon enough and raring to go. No point in rushing him back though, let it heal fully and go for it next year. Young Divock will do us proud in the meantime!

100%

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3696 on: April 5, 2017, 07:42:33 pm »

Mine I stumbled on a raised flag while running. I'd only just started back running after pinching a cartilage in my left knee on holiday and did the mcl. Gave up running on the advice of my physio.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3697 on: April 5, 2017, 07:58:12 pm »

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #3698 on: April 6, 2017, 01:46:30 am »
Turn 30 this year and within the last 2 years most of my mates (same age) have done their knee. Either MCL or ACL. Seems rather common.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3699 on: April 6, 2017, 01:55:03 am »

Sadio's injury was the one instance where an Everton player was not to blame. I think they call it irony.

Offline The Istvan Kozma Fan Club

• Kopite
« Reply #3700 on: April 6, 2017, 10:56:30 am »

Badly lit ale houses.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3701 on: April 6, 2017, 09:05:33 pm »

There was no intention from Baines. Mane's knee seemed to get caught under his own body weight.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3702 on: April 6, 2017, 09:06:31 pm »
Even non professionals get injured when they play a lot of football  :D

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #3703 on: April 7, 2017, 12:12:56 pm »
Klopp said his season is over  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3704 on: April 7, 2017, 12:15:10 pm »
He said surgery is required but its not sure when for. What are the things that would hold up an operation? Do they have to wait for the swelling to go down?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3705 on: April 7, 2017, 12:21:04 pm »
Klopp's comments:-

“That’s what I expected. I thought he was lucky not more happened. He will be ready for the next season. That’s the only good news.”

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3706 on: April 7, 2017, 12:31:30 pm »
At least he'll be back for the new season, I feel sorry for him but he's resilient and he'll come back from this even stronger.

Online SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #3707 on: April 7, 2017, 01:07:53 pm »
That run-in is going to be painful without Mane. We've played 4 games without him in the league this season winning none of them. He's our most important player bar none and without him we look like that toothless side that finished 8th last season. I hope I am wrong but this injury feels like the end of our top 4 hopes.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3708 on: April 7, 2017, 01:10:48 pm »
That run-in is going to be painful without Mane. We've played 4 games without him in the league this season winning none of them. He's our most important player bar none and without him we look like that toothless side that finished 8th last season. I hope I am wrong but this injury feels like the end of our top 4 hopes.

Lallana should be back soon, so that will help, and Origi seems to be in good form. Coutinho might not even miss tomorrow's match, but if he does he'll be back for the next one against West Brom. Besides, I would rather he recovered mostly during the break between seasons than in the middle of one - it would have been an even bigger disaster if this injury had happened in September or October.

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #3709 on: April 7, 2017, 02:34:10 pm »
Gutted he is going to be out rest of the season. But excited about the future with him in the team. He will be a very important player for us in years to come. My player of the season up until now.

Get well soon Sadio!

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #3710 on: April 7, 2017, 02:56:45 pm »
Had a phenomenal season. Rest well Sadio.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3711 on: April 7, 2017, 03:07:43 pm »

Do you go to the game? If so, can you not please. The team is weakened. It needs support, not the moans, groans and negative/pessimistic vibes that you're spouting.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3712 on: April 7, 2017, 03:12:59 pm »
Do they stitch the meniscus and let it heal or just trim it?

What's the better option for a professional sportsman?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kraken

• Main Stander
« Reply #3713 on: April 7, 2017, 03:26:49 pm »
Do they stitch the meniscus and let it heal or just trim it?

What's the better option for a professional sportsman?

There's very little blood flow in the meniscus, so only certain sections can be stitched and heal. They usually just trim the torn area away, and expect knee/leg muscle to support the missing area.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3714 on: April 7, 2017, 03:45:14 pm »
There's very little blood flow in the meniscus, so only certain sections can be stitched and heal. They usually just trim the torn area away, and expect knee/leg muscle to support the missing area.
Given it's the close season, is there not more time to allow the meniscus to repair?

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kraken

• Main Stander
« Reply #3715 on: April 7, 2017, 04:06:20 pm »
Given it's the close season, is there not more time to allow the meniscus to repair?

It's not about time, it's about location

Successful repair of meniscus tears depends to a large degree on where the tear is located. Tears at the outer edge of the meniscus (the red zone) tend to heal well. Blood supply to tears that extend into the center of the meniscus (white zone) is questionable, and surgical repair of a tear in this zone may not heal well.

Online SMASHerano

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #3716 on: April 7, 2017, 04:19:44 pm »
Do you go to the game? If so, can you not please. The team is weakened. It needs support, not the moans, groans and negative/pessimistic vibes that you're spouting.

You do know that this is a forum for people to talk and share their thoughts and ideas right? Grow up and start accepting opinions that are different than yours

Online SMASHerano

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #3717 on: April 7, 2017, 04:21:09 pm »
Lallana should be back soon, so that will help, and Origi seems to be in good form. Coutinho might not even miss tomorrow's match, but if he does he'll be back for the next one against West Brom. Besides, I would rather he recovered mostly during the break between seasons than in the middle of one - it would have been an even bigger disaster if this injury had happened in September or October.

Most of these players were available when Mane went to CAN but it didn't help. As I said I hope my gut feeling is incorrect and we do finish in the top 4

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3718 on: April 7, 2017, 04:21:59 pm »
You do know that this is a forum for people to talk and share their thoughts and ideas right? Grow up and start accepting opinions that are different than yours

it's a forum of a vocal minority of bed wetters.

The sky isn't falling...just yet.

Online SMASHerano

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #3719 on: April 7, 2017, 04:28:09 pm »

it's a forum of a vocal minority of bed wetters.

The sky isn't falling...just yet.