Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1760287 times)

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #3640 on: April 5, 2017, 01:01:11 pm »
Didn't Suarez suffer a meniscus tear?

Surgery and he was fit for the World Cup.

I've torn a meniscus in my right knee and had "surgery"

Day clinic. 1cm slit. Home by 4.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3641 on: April 5, 2017, 01:01:11 pm »
As long as he comes back with no long term  issues then I'm at peace with it.  We have the 2 Brazilians occupying two of the front three so time to see what others are made of.

Shit timing with Lallana though. 

I think the Mancs are so rattled we'll stay above them. Need to hope Arsenal dont pull it together.

Hopefully in the face of adversity we will perform with greater effort against teams further down the table.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline fuzzball

• Main Stander
« Reply #3642 on: April 5, 2017, 01:01:33 pm »
after seeing it on Saturday meniscus repair is about as good as you could hope for.
No impact on his pace long term, microsurgery most of the time

Much worse injuries to  get 

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3643 on: April 5, 2017, 01:02:31 pm »
Didn't Suarez suffer a meniscus tear?

Surgery and he was fit for the World Cup.

I've torn a meniscus in my right knee and had "surgery"

Day clinic. 1cm slit. Home by 4.

Yeah, I shared an article from the BBC a few pages back - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27940923.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3644 on: April 5, 2017, 01:03:05 pm »
after seeing it on Saturday meniscus repair is about as good as you could hope for.
No impact on his pace long term, microsurgery most of the time

Much worse injuries to  get

Yeah, some were fearing an ACL so compared to that, this is nothing.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3645 on: April 5, 2017, 01:03:15 pm »
Hopefully he doesn't need it, having back before the end of the season would be great!

Having had a quick Google, depending on the op required, recovery is measured in days to a few weeks.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #3646 on: April 5, 2017, 01:07:46 pm »
Yeah, I shared an article from the BBC a few pages back - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27940923.

Yup, thought it was. I carried on with mine and wore knee support but it never got better and would swell up regularly. It just hurt twisting and applying outward pressure to your lower leg as the knee opened up.

That said, I'm no Saido Mane haha
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3647 on: April 5, 2017, 01:09:44 pm »
8 weeks is a great result given the incident looked like it could be a 12 month job

Get it fixed, rest and come back firing next season

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3648 on: April 5, 2017, 01:11:14 pm »
While I am absolutely destroyed that Sadio will miss rest of the reason, I also see it as a desperate call of help for Origi to show the kind of form he was in at this time last season. He was the most exciting thing about Liverpool since Suarez and 13-14 season. Desperation can bring us that player again.

?!?!

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3649 on: April 5, 2017, 01:16:28 pm »
Oh man that's a gutter he's going to be out for the rest of the season. The only positive to take from this is that' it's not an ACL.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3650 on: April 5, 2017, 01:18:53 pm »
Good news considering how much worse it could have been.

Don't think this will affect his pace at all. It'd be a travesty for a player of his quality not to play in CL next season. Hopefully the boys will get it done for him.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3651 on: April 5, 2017, 01:20:14 pm »
Oh man that's a gutter he's going to be out for the rest of the season. The only positive to take from this is that' it's not an ACL.

He might be back before the end if he doesn't need an operation.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3652 on: April 5, 2017, 01:26:09 pm »
He might be back before the end if he doesn't need an operation.

Even with he could be back for Watford or Southampton. We'll have to wait for the club to announce the prognosis
Jurgen YNWA

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #3653 on: April 5, 2017, 01:26:38 pm »
Personally I'm saying phew! 8 weeks is a bitch but gets a nice rest after ACN should come back as normal :) as others have said could have been so much worse

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3654 on: April 5, 2017, 01:32:49 pm »
Well, given what it looked like it could have been that is not the worst case by a long shot. Not happy but what a relief for the player.
So get better Sadio.
See you next season, ready to rock.

Now as for these 8 games. We will be favourites for every single one. There is a reason for that.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #3655 on: April 5, 2017, 01:45:26 pm »
I am actually quite relieved. It'd be absolutely gutting to lose Mane for a longer period, causing him to miss the pre-season and possibly stripping him of his deadly pace. That incident could have been this ascent to a world class forward over, which would infinitely damage us in the long term as well. We don't have the hardest of run ins so if we lose out on a CL spot we have only ourselves to blame. We can't be so entirely reliant on a player like this. If we fuck up that means we don't deserve CL and never had the squad for it in the first place. I am confident though that Sturridge and Origi will do well;
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #3656 on: April 5, 2017, 01:56:09 pm »
Not as bad could've been, but a lot worse than hoped. Should fire him up for a comeback though.

Also, fuck everton.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3657 on: April 5, 2017, 01:56:12 pm »
Honestly not the slightest bit concerned

He has been an absolute beast and pleasure to watch this season and his 13 goals (no real filler in that total) have been instrumental in putting us in the position we are in now.

I'm not trying to be mary mary quite contrary. I honestly think we will be fine

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #3658 on: April 5, 2017, 01:57:38 pm »
Good news under the circumstances. Time for others to step up now and show their quality.

Offline howman

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3659 on: April 5, 2017, 01:59:41 pm »
I tore my meniscus whilst running and it felt like an arrow going into my knee; couldn't walk so  literally had to crawl to the car. Scans showed that it had a half an inch tear through it and had swelled up like a balloon.

About a week later, once it had settled down, I had key hole surgery to cut out the tear. Once there was no longer a leading edge on the tear it became stable and without pain, almost instantly.

I walked out of the hospital within a couple of hours, unaided, and ran a 10k ten days later.

Just a side, former England rugby full back, Jonathan Webb performed the surgery   :scarf

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3660 on: April 5, 2017, 02:05:26 pm »
Those fuckers screwed us over last season too by injuring Origi!

Glad it isn't a real long term injury, but it's still a blow to lose him for the end of season run-in.

I fucking hate those blue pricks!

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #3661 on: April 5, 2017, 02:14:41 pm »
Gutted to lose Sadio for the rest of the season but relieved he hasn't done his ACL. Really feel for the lad because he could have absolutely owned the run in. This is another example of how the officiating in the Derby is unacceptably poor. It's not the 70s any more and Everton should not be allowed to injure our players with impunity every season because there's this universally accepted notion that everybody wants to see a bit of 'needle' in the Derby. Bollocks. Everton are an inferior team to us, we don't need roughhouse tactics to beat them year on year. The tackles that fly in during the Derby wouldn't be acceptable in any other football match so it's time officials started affording players the protection they deserve from shithouse cloggers.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3662 on: April 5, 2017, 02:14:57 pm »
In the article James Pearce did say no decision will made for another 48hrs as we want to wait for the swelling to go down and then do another scan. It's not a foregone conclusion that he will need an operation. Keep praying!

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #3663 on: April 5, 2017, 03:10:56 pm »
Thankfully it's not the ACL, I've seen enough players not able to fully recover from that, with quite a few of them recurring. (see Giuseppe Rossi)
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3664 on: April 5, 2017, 03:29:58 pm »
'Surgery' could mean full or partial menisectomy, meniscal debridement or meniscal repair. The latter being the long to rehab as you'd have to wait for the repair to heal initially. That's if he needs it of course.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3665 on: April 5, 2017, 03:44:03 pm »
Those fuckers screwed us over last season too by injuring Origi!

Glad it isn't a real long term injury, but it's still a blow to lose him for the end of season run-in.

I fucking hate those blue pricks!
[/quote

To be fair Mane's injury was caused by a tangle of legs, Origi's by a full physical assault. One an accident, the other malevolent.

By the way wasn't Fewming Mori's injury a meniscus tear as well?

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #3666 on: April 5, 2017, 03:54:20 pm »
Man fuck me just do it! He's probably our most important player and now he might not play in our final run in..
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3667 on: April 5, 2017, 03:56:15 pm »
'Surgery' could mean full or partial menisectomy, meniscal debridement or meniscal repair. The latter being the long to rehab as you'd have to wait for the repair to heal initially. That's if he needs it of course.

What is the the timeline for the latter?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3668 on: April 5, 2017, 03:56:55 pm »
Man fuck me just do it! He's probably our most important player and now he might not play in our final run in..

I am by no means a surgeon but even i know that surgery is usually the last resort and its best to avoid it if possible.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3669 on: April 5, 2017, 04:30:35 pm »
What is the the timeline for the latter?

Minimum 6 to 8 weeks. Possibly longer depending on initial precautions and how it settles down.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #3670 on: April 5, 2017, 04:33:07 pm »
Minimum 6 to 8 weeks. Possibly longer depending on initial precautions and how it settles down.

Yup, meaning out the rest of the season. Lets hope for the best eh?
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3671 on: April 5, 2017, 04:39:59 pm »

Mate can't you just massage him back to health?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3672 on: April 5, 2017, 04:44:03 pm »

Thanks. Well the papers have given an 8-10 week timeline so they probably have assumed the worst case scenario.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #3673 on: April 5, 2017, 05:01:41 pm »
As long as he comes back for pre-season I'll be happy

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3674 on: April 5, 2017, 05:11:41 pm »
As long as he comes back for pre-season I'll be happy
That's about four months away so should be OK.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3675 on: April 5, 2017, 05:44:10 pm »
I'd say between my worst fears and highest hopes this is probably ok, considering i really thought it was an ACL injury after the amount of swelling reported.  Every meniscus injury is different but I'd much rather it be that than an ACL obviously.  Hopefully get him fixed up and he'll be ready for next season.   :)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3676 on: April 5, 2017, 06:14:00 pm »
Have the club said when they are going to make the decision about surgery? I do wonder if its best to do it now, and get him fully fit for pre-season. Then he can be raring to go with hopefully some better players around him.

I hope everyone have stopped panicking now, its best to have all the facts before putting yourselves through so much stress.  ;)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3677 on: April 5, 2017, 06:17:35 pm »
Rather a meniscus than an acl but even these can go horribly wrong. Just ask Jose Enrique.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3678 on: April 5, 2017, 06:17:42 pm »
Have the club said when they are going to make the decision about surgery? I do wonder if its best to do it now, and get him fully fit for pre-season. Then he can be raring to go with hopefully some better players around him.

I hope everyone have stopped panicking now, its best to have all the facts before putting yourselves through so much stress.  ;)

Welshred said above that thats the most severe of this outcome. Also I think its quite common knowledge that surgery is the absolute last resort really so its a case of waiting and hoping we can avoid it and it can heal naturally.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3679 on: April 5, 2017, 06:24:12 pm »
Welshred said above that thats the most severe of this outcome. Also I think its quite common knowledge that surgery is the absolute last resort really so its a case of waiting and hoping we can avoid it and it can heal naturally.

Let's hope he doesn't need any surgery though, wait and hope.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"