Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1761091 times)

Offline stoj

• Main Stander
Re: Lets Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #240 on: November 30, 2014, 12:49:13 pm »
I wasn't at the game yesterday due to work, and i am not a regular match goer truth be told (i do try and get to Anfield a few games per season and always love the experience -No fucking selfies mind!) so i cannot comment on the right and wrongs of what is best but one thing stuck in my mind from a match going mate yesterday who said that our OWN fans were booing Mignolet when he was taking Goalkicks? What the fuck is all that about? Now i have seen nearly every single game on various formats over the past few years and one thing is certain, the atmosphere seems terrible and a marked contrast to last year when we were doing well? Now i know its a 2 way street but it seeems a majority only sign/support when we are winning?

Having said that, the away games i have seen, the fans have been immense - fairplay to you :)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: November 30, 2014, 01:03:06 pm »
who said that our OWN fans were booing Mignolet when he was taking Goalkicks?
I never heard that, he was often slow and there were impatient shouts to hurry up, but I never heard any booing at all mate.

Offline el_nariz

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: November 30, 2014, 01:31:58 pm »
I never heard that, he was often slow and there were impatient shouts to hurry up, but I never heard any booing at all mate.

Seconded. A lot of groans and a few individual shouts but no booing of any kind - at least not at the front of the kop.

Offline fillmein777

• Main Stander
« Reply #243 on: November 30, 2014, 01:52:03 pm »
That last line. Very true.

It is beyond a joke now. Some people undoubtedly could look at us and call us shit for singling out the Day-Trippers and OOT's but I'm sorry to say they're the big problem.

I completely agree with you on this.  I am an OOT (from just outside of London) and go to 5 or 6 games a season.  I don't care where I sit, but I ensure that I sing my heart out regardless of what is going on around me.  My experiences in the Kop have been pretty good (Arsenal and West Brom last season and Southampton this season).  I was sat in the Anfield Road for the Chelsea game and must have counted 30% of scarves around me to be 'half and half'.  I saw half a dozen ridiculously sized cameras and the dreaded 'selfie stick' make an appearance.  These items should be BANNED from Anfield.  As you say, they RUIN the atmosphere.  I have no objection to people videoing YNWA as it is a unique experience and hopefully something they will treasure for ever.  Why can't they LEARN the words though and sing along? Surely, that should give them equal satisfaction?

We live in an era where those fans contribute to increasing match-day revenue and will buy merchandise in their home countries.  That is required in order to push us forward. 

The question I have is how the hell do they keep getting tickets! I struggle to get tickets and have to rely on others with season tickets who are not able to make every game. 

It doesn't help that the performances haven't been as good this season and that will have also contributed to a subdued atmosphere at times.  Remember, we've been there before under the latter days of Houllier, Rafa, Kenny, the Hodge and the early Brendan years.  The players can help the atmosphere grow by increasing their desire, commitment and work ethic on the field - Suarez was the champion at this and it infected everyone around him.  I really hope the Americans knew what they were doing when they agreed to his sale. 

I'm going off point now but someone needs to stop the sale of the half an half scarves...cannot imagine why someone would want one.  Just wait till United v Liverpool - would any half decent Liverpool fan be seen dead wearing an item with the United logo? I would like to say no, but they will be loads on show.

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: November 30, 2014, 04:06:54 pm »
don't people buy a half and half scarf as a momento of the game they attended.

im not sure it really has anything to do with liking the other team.

why are people so bothered by what other people do?

The day trippers must make up no more than 25 % of the match day crowd, surely the lack of atmosphere is the fault of the season ticket holders.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2014, 04:26:33 pm »
I don't normally take pics or take the piss out of tourists but there was a guy in the kop pre match who was just a walking billboard of everything everyone complains of and Everton fans take the piss out of.

1) what times your aeroplane.
2) massive camera hanging round his neck
3) half and half scarf
4) plum seat right in the middle of the kop.

My favourite moment was while some fans were sticking up the banners complaining about prices dj George is now having to make announcements to people in the kop and anny road end to watch out for footballs flying at them during the pre match warm up. 

What kind of fucking simpleton doesn't realise that at the game is different to watching from the sofa.  I could understand if that's where the kids sit or the wheelchairs but Christ alive do we really have such morons turning up who don't realise what goes on before and during the game. 

Speaking of shooting...it's funny isn't it that the atmosphere was wank during the first half when we had no shots at goal and suddenly improved somewhat when attacking the kop and having a couple of chances and abit of sustained pressure.

We'll sing when something's at steak, pride, league positions, cup games, but we react to what's on the pitch mainly and it's been timid and turgid. Glen Johnson's goal was like a good shit when you've been constipated for a day or two.

Offline livesound

• Kopite
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2014, 04:26:51 pm »
I completely agree with you on this.  I am an OOT (from just outside of London) and go to 5 or 6 games a season.  I don't care where I sit, but I ensure that I sing my heart out regardless of what is going on around me.  My experiences in the Kop have been pretty good (Arsenal and West Brom last season and Southampton this season).  I was sat in the Anfield Road for the Chelsea game and must have counted 30% of scarves around me to be 'half and half'.  I saw half a dozen ridiculously sized cameras and the dreaded 'selfie stick' make an appearance.  These items should be BANNED from Anfield.  As you say, they RUIN the atmosphere.  I have no objection to people videoing YNWA as it is a unique experience and hopefully something they will treasure for ever.  Why can't they LEARN the words though and sing along? Surely, that should give them equal satisfaction?

We live in an era where those fans contribute to increasing match-day revenue and will buy merchandise in their home countries.  That is required in order to push us forward. 

The question I have is how the hell do they keep getting tickets! I struggle to get tickets and have to rely on others with season tickets who are not able to make every game. 

It doesn't help that the performances haven't been as good this season and that will have also contributed to a subdued atmosphere at times.  Remember, we've been there before under the latter days of Houllier, Rafa, Kenny, the Hodge and the early Brendan years.  The players can help the atmosphere grow by increasing their desire, commitment and work ethic on the field - Suarez was the champion at this and it infected everyone around him.  I really hope the Americans knew what they were doing when they agreed to his sale. 

I'm going off point now but someone needs to stop the sale of the half an half scarves...cannot imagine why someone would want one.  Just wait till United v Liverpool - would any half decent Liverpool fan be seen dead wearing an item with the United logo? I would like to say no, but they will be loads on show.

Absolutely true. And thanks for not taking my quote as offensive to OOT's etc. I often say about not having problems with where you're from except if you have no positive impact on the team, e.g. not singing. Well done for making every effort.

And also on the point of the half-half scarfs. I posted about them after the Chelsea game earlier this month. I myself sat by many with them on and for the love of God, I felt absolutely ashamed to be among them, and I'm a ST holder. To see people PAID money to own a scarf that had a fucking Chelsea badge next to our crest which means so much to any true fan disgusted me to levels that I hadn't experienced with my fellow 'supporters'

Offline el_nariz

• Main Stander
« Reply #247 on: November 30, 2014, 04:41:49 pm »
don't people buy a half and half scarf as a momento of the game they attended.

im not sure it really has anything to do with liking the other team.

Some people want to take the tribal element out of football and make it more like going to the theatre. A show rather than anything political or sociological. Some of us are trying to hold onto football's deeper roots.

Bill Shankly wants alluded to the kop being a place of like minded people. Well it's not anymore.

The reason some of us have such a problem with things like half and half scarves is that these are not like minded people.

Chelsea fans boo'd a minute's silence for victims of Hillsborough. If you can't see why I have a problem seeing that scabby badge all over the kop then you should. 

The day trippers must make up no more than 25 % of the match day crowd, surely the lack of atmosphere is the fault of the season ticket holders.

Not sure about the figures but 20k season ticket holders should be enough to keep a steady atmosphere going. As I said the problems are not only tourists. It's a fair point.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #248 on: November 30, 2014, 04:42:01 pm »
That last line. Very true.

It is beyond a joke now. Some people undoubtedly could look at us and call us shit for singling out the Day-Trippers and OOT's but I'm sorry to say they're the big problem.
How many locals are in the stadium per match day?

Enough to make a lot of noise, which they don't. A couple of thousand away fans make more noise on away days.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #249 on: November 30, 2014, 04:44:06 pm »
Crystal Palace aren't Liverpool. They don't have a season ticket waiting list and they had just 93% attendance last season in a 26,000 seater stadium. In their eight seasons in the Football League their fantastic fans averaged around 10,000 below capacity.

In those circumstances it's not hard to allocate special areas for their 'Ultras'.

The day we have something so contrived as that horrendous Palace 'Ultras' section with their interminable shite German style game-unrelated dirges  is the day I definitely do stop going to my beloved Anfield.

I can just about stomach it at the likes of Sehurst park because they have to create their own brand of support I guess and however naff the likes of myself might regard it, it clearly appeals to some younger fans and the media seem to lap it up.

Not for me though.

As for us lot, well as the originators of the entire fan singing thing back in '63,  the Anfield crowd has always been an 'organic' entity in the sense that it responds to the occasion and particular game circumstances. If a game is a bit of a low key non-event then so too has been the Anfield crowd's response - even back to the mid/late '60's.

However, if the stakes have been high or the game presents some sense of drama then Anfield has always provided an atmospheric backdrop to match and one that has invariably been regarded with justification as unique - clearly especially in the days before other crowds began to mimic it.

So, as complacent as it might seem to some - and I do understand why the charge of complacency is levelled at the likes of myself - as a long term supporter I say just let it stay as it is. When it needs to, Anfield responds. As it always has. Of course, a bigger stadium with cheaper entry and younger fans would improve things but the ad nauseam criticism is a bit silly. It is whatt it is - which when needed and the team is putting in the effort will lawys be pretty damn good.

Bit like yesterday.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 04:49:00 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2014, 05:28:18 pm »
The fact they didn't even have window sales for the bulk sales is a disgrace.

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2014, 07:26:39 pm »

Spot on mate. You and I have a lot in common. I don't live in Liverpool. You and I seem to go to the same number of games; I'd go to more if I could but we all know the problems as members of getting tickets when released. I sit wherever I can get a seat. There is no real difference in where in the ground, in my experience. I have had shit days on the Kop, since seating was introduced. Peculiarly, yesterday was reasonably good in the Main Stand partly because we were in block MX near the Stoke fans who gave and received a lot of ritualistic abuse/banter aimed at the closest home fans who gave almost as good as they got, at times.  I have posted recently about the moaners at Anfield...yesterday I witnessed none, thank God. Oh, and as for the booing of Mignolet, I heard none but a number may have shouted "SHOOOOOT" when he had the ball in his hands in the last minute or two when Begovic was still in our half after a corner!

I look forward to a trip to Liverpool, for weeks in advance and want to make the most of it. I sing, (both in the ground and in the Park beforehand from where I must have appeared on many Scandinavian home videos) encourage and never slate the team. I think half and half scarves are bizarre and can only think that they represent a memento for a foreign visitor.

The post from Timbo's Goals is exactly how I see it. It is painful to hear "your support is F***ing shit" and sometimes I have to confess it is but Anfield will always rise to the occasion when needed and against the teams "that matter". That's why Stoke, Hull, Palace and the like can mock our support from time to time. It would be great if it was always fantastic but their teams don't really matter to the majority in the ground.
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2014, 07:49:21 pm »
Away fans at Anfield are bound to chant shite like that.  Most of them who come to us, are small time clubs who will find the tiniest negative thing they can find to sing about.

Chelsea spring to mind.

;D

At the end of the day, almost every ground in the country is struggling for atmosphere.  I've said it before, the ones that are rocking, funnily enough are having good times in comparison to their history.  Anfield last spring, especially pre-match was absolutely fookin brilliant.  Good times bring good atmospheres these days.  No coincidence, that the best atmospheres at Anfield were good times.  Think about it.  People just don't get the adrenalin kicking in unless they feel happy inside.

In recent years at Anfield, most are shitting themselves about the next fookin dreadful result, rather than feeling happy and full of confidence.   For most of us, success wise, recent years have been fookin awful.  We aren't used to it.  To make us rock, we need something like last season with a nice big trophy at the end of it.

Might seem shite, but it's just the way people are.

Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline Cabbie

• Main Stander
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2014, 10:51:09 pm »
It's getting worse and worse on Saturday i was standing at the back of 306 and a steward came all the way from the bottom to tell me and a few others to sit. Last few games the stewards got all of 304 to sit down aswell. Everybody just seems to go along with it these days. One guy refused to sit and the chief steward came up to tell him to either sit or get chucked out. How long before 305 is told to sit down too? It's like the club is activly tring to kill the atmosphere.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #254 on: November 30, 2014, 10:59:09 pm »

That would be true if all of the STH's actually went the game and didn't pass their tickets on to tourists.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: November 30, 2014, 11:02:41 pm »
Don't let it go the way of those soulless gloryhunting wankers at Old Trafford.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #256 on: November 30, 2014, 11:07:40 pm »
Pretty sure the guy sat next to me was a ST holder. Got in late, timidly clapped to one rendition of one song and abused Lambert and Mignolet the whole of the game. Just didn't look happy at all to be there, wasn't in red nor anything and only whispered YNWA. I'm sure a 'day tripper' would have made more of the experience to be honest.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #257 on: November 30, 2014, 11:16:24 pm »
The club will never introduce safe standing in our beloved Kop and I'm saying this as an Ulster man.

Uncle first went in 1971 and passed the tradition to me - only time I go to Anfield now is if I can get a 304, 305 or 306 ticket or else I don't see much point because I can't shout, I can't sing, I can't support, I can't lead my fellow Reds and they can't lead me to march together and lead our team to triumph.

We can all say 'Oh the Bundesliga, isn't that lovely' but with Hillsborough and people refusing to believe that it was caused due to the incompetence of those bastards in South Yorkshire rather than standing and terracing - this isn't helped at times by the HFSG (who I have the utmost respect for as we all do) but when Margaret says she never wants to see standing in Anfield again - the club listens.

I don't know what the solution is or where the light at the end of the tunnel is guys, I just can't and it pains me saying that.

What I would give to live one day like my uncle did from 71 to 94 - beers before the game, queue on the door, pay, get in with your mates and roar our side on and fuck up the other side's mentality by utilising our cauldron of passion and noise.  For one day, what I would give gents!

I've emailed SOS in the past asking them to discuss safe standing at AGMs and they've told me they won't do it because of Hillsborough - we can't go to Barclays in London and complain about ticket prices and then say we don't have solutions such as Germany.

Everyone bangs on about Germany - they have beer, they have cheap tickets, they have 51% majority supporter owned clubs but the safe standing gets neglected because it's 'not safe' in this country.  Fed up with this H&S bullshit British mentality.  I've been to Munich in 2012 and let me tell you - walking into the Ultras end and standing there with a beer and my mates - nothing beats that.  This club, along with the majority of other British clubs needs safe standing for the good of the game and the younger supporters (I myself being 23).  Talk of Celtic getting it introduced by the beginning of next season (I imagine their Green Brigade would contribute to this) but the club talk with this group on a regular basis.  Look at yesterday with Spion Kop 1906 and SOS, you think Ian Ayre & 'Mr Henry' are going to go out of their way to talk to these fellas who fucking love the club like we all do - not a fucking chance.

How is the next generation going to learn about our famous noise and our famous Kop when all we get told is to sit down and be quiet.  Game is fucked guys!

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:19:11 pm by Scud02 »
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #258 on: December 1, 2014, 01:01:46 pm »
I don't understand what the problem is with letting everyone just stand up in the Kop, other than some people moaning at the stewards because they want to sit.
Standing up improves the atmosphere massively, it's a lot easier to sing and shout when you're stood up.

If you're that arsed about sitting down when watching Liverpool, then I bet your couch is a lot comfier than sitting on the Kop...
Saying that, I get that some of our older fans struggle to stand up for 2 hours, and maybe an agreement could be reached that sees them moving to a different area of the stadium(whilst still paying Kop prices) or even just letting them all move into the 100's and having everyone behind them still stood up. If the 200's and 300's were stood up every game the atmosphere would obviously improve.

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: December 1, 2014, 02:04:30 pm »
I don't understand what the problem is with letting everyone just stand up in the Kop, other than some people moaning at the stewards because they want to sit.
Standing up improves the atmosphere massively, it's a lot easier to sing and shout when you're stood up.

If you're that arsed about sitting down when watching Liverpool, then I bet your couch is a lot comfier than sitting on the Kop...
Saying that, I get that some of our older fans struggle to stand up for 2 hours, and maybe an agreement could be reached that sees them moving to a different area of the stadium(whilst still paying Kop prices) or even just letting them all move into the 100's and having everyone behind them still stood up. If the 200's and 300's were stood up every game the atmosphere would obviously improve.

You're dead right. Usually in some of the smaller games, whenever there's a lound chant from the Kop, everyone's standing. Then the chant dies out and everyone sits back down again.

Everytime I go, I'll be in the 300 sections, and the match will kick off. Two mins in, Kop's still standing? "Doing well here ..." I think. Then it starts. Row by row by row by row everbody sits. No-one attempts to make a stand, if you pardon the pun, and tries to get everybody on their feet.

Now I've noticed, this season especially, there's a jobsworth steward on the 304/305 steps. Where you come out of to go to your seat. A real baldy miserable c*nt with a face like a slapped arse. If anyone dares stand he's on the bounce over to them to tell them to sit down. Seems to quite reluctantly allow the last 10 rows to stand, but anyone in the first 64(?) rows he's over. Seen him grip lads and take them downstairs for "a talking to". On the other side it's great. As long as you're not obstructing the steps down the stewards don't have a problem with it.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: December 1, 2014, 02:08:21 pm »

The club probably isn't arsed at all, the issue is that they can get in trouble if they're not seen to be trying to stop it. The same reason they do pointless announcements telling the 1000s of away fans to sit down, it's just to cover their arses from potential fines by the FA. The issue seems to be that there's a couple of overzealous jobsworth stewards on the kop now making it their personal mission to fulfill the regulations, fuck knows why, probably trying to brown nose for a promotion
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #261 on: December 1, 2014, 03:55:15 pm »
The club probably isn't arsed at all, the issue is that they can get in trouble if they're not seen to be trying to stop it. The same reason they do pointless announcements telling the 1000s of away fans to sit down, it's just to cover their arses from potential fines by the FA. The issue seems to be that there's a couple of overzealous jobsworth stewards on the kop now making it their personal mission to fulfill the regulations, fuck knows why, probably trying to brown nose for a promotion
you don't see see that at palace tho when they are stood at the front, same at west ham they stand behind the goal every game. Never heard an announcement at any of them, some grounds do it mind but you would imagine with at least West Ham being visible stood right behind the goal but never seen them fined or had a reduction of some sort. Noticed watching an Ipswich match on telly about a month ago and every one was stood behind the goal.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #262 on: December 1, 2014, 04:09:52 pm »
You're dead right. Usually in some of the smaller games, whenever there's a lound chant from the Kop, everyone's standing. Then the chant dies out and everyone sits back down again.

Everytime I go, I'll be in the 300 sections, and the match will kick off. Two mins in, Kop's still standing? "Doing well here ..." I think. Then it starts. Row by row by row by row everbody sits. No-one attempts to make a stand, if you pardon the pun, and tries to get everybody on their feet.

Now I've noticed, this season especially, there's a jobsworth steward on the 304/305 steps. Where you come out of to go to your seat. A real baldy miserable c*nt with a face like a slapped arse. If anyone dares stand he's on the bounce over to them to tell them to sit down. Seems to quite reluctantly allow the last 10 rows to stand, but anyone in the first 64(?) rows he's over. Seen him grip lads and take them downstairs for "a talking to". On the other side it's great. As long as you're not obstructing the steps down the stewards don't have a problem with it.

Yeah, I've noticed it's got steadily worse this season in 304/the left of 305 so I try to make sure I'm in the right side of 305 or 306 wherever possible. It's mad how half of 305 gets to stand and the other half is sitting up until at least around row 60 or higher nowadays. And you're right, people are questioning it less and less.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #263 on: December 1, 2014, 05:00:39 pm »
Just think if we won the league last season it would've been even worse.

What was the post-2005 boom really like? I used to go the match occasionally then with me Dad, and was too young to notice the people round me. Was there really a dramatic change in those that went the match?

Not really because there was already a huge daytripper culture at Anfield and there was a buzz around the ground for a while after Istanbul anyway. There was a more noticeable difference after the 2001 treble season regarding tourists.

Away fans at Anfield are bound to chant shite like that.  Most of them who come to us, are small time clubs who will find the tiniest negative thing they can find to sing about.

Chelsea spring to mind.

It's not what they sing, it's that they get away with it. Fans can come to Anfield now and take the piss for 90 minutes and get absolutely nothing back. Even 15-20 years ago the fans would have responded to away fans taking the piss.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2014, 05:02:37 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #264 on: December 1, 2014, 05:03:07 pm »
More flags and banners. Garbage at the weekend.

You should be ashamed of yourself. You know who you are.....
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #265 on: December 1, 2014, 08:06:36 pm »

We sit right by those steps, he is a pain in the arse, killing the atmosphere single handed, although he wasn't there on Saturday for the Stoke game, and guess what ????......loads of us stayed stood up with no bother from any other stewards !!!!
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #266 on: December 1, 2014, 08:21:19 pm »
I'm no structural engineer so this is an educated guess.

These stands were built to accommodate x thousand people sitting down. They weren't built to handle the stresses of 20,000 fans bouncing up and down in unison (if only  :-X ).

I've been in the Kemlyn for years but usually go on the Kop once or twice a season. I recall being on the Kop for that ECWC semi final v. Paris St Germain all those years ago. The Kop was bouncing that night, literally. You could feel the whole structure flexing. I don't think it's supposed to do that.

Lastly, if you remember when the upper Anny Road was built, there were no stantions. Then we played Celtic in, I think, Ronnie Moran's testimonial. They too bounced up and down that night and nearly pulled the bloody stand down!

There you go, yet again, healthy and safety to blame for everything ;D

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: December 1, 2014, 08:36:45 pm »
Bill Shankly wants alluded to the kop being a place of like minded people. Well it's not anymore.

Just reminded me of a mate of a mate who goes the match sometimes. Southern fella. Lawyer type.

Stood in the Sandon car park lecturing another mutual mate about how much good "Lady T" (Yep, that's what he referred to her as) did for this country, and the people of Liverpool shouldn't have hatred for her, etc.

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: December 1, 2014, 08:37:44 pm »
We sit right by those steps, he is a pain in the arse, killing the atmosphere single handed, although he wasn't there on Saturday for the Stoke game, and guess what ????......loads of us stayed stood up with no bother from any other stewards !!!!

He's a fucking c*nt isn't he. I'd love to know what's the matter with the fucker.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: December 9, 2014, 08:51:00 am »

Anfield needs to be fucking buzzin tonight .

The atmosphere this season has been dire . Granted , the fare on the pitch hasn't helped , but if if we're not up for this one tonight , well ..............

Also , if the Basel fans make as much noise as the last time at Anfield , they'll take some drowning.
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #270 on: December 9, 2014, 09:22:16 am »
If it's shit atmosphere tonight I give up.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline craig_lfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #271 on: December 9, 2014, 09:27:14 am »

If it's shit atmosphere tonight I give up.

Can't see that being possible even after recent quiet weeks, tonight will be absolutely bouncing and it's our job to make sure of it!! [emoji1][emoji1]

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #272 on: December 9, 2014, 10:01:19 am »
Could become a very nervy atmosphere if we haven't scored by 70 mins or so............

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #273 on: December 9, 2014, 03:28:33 pm »
why are you saying people who arent from liverpool cant be proper supporters? They are all tourists? pretty nobed thing of you to insinuate really.

Ive met loads of OOT fans at anfield who have made banners and fought for the club through its darkest hour.

El_nariz hadnt mentioned anything about OOT just tourists. big difference

Even if Craig didn't say it, there are people who hold the view that you can't be a supporter if you're not from Liverpool. It's not necessarily a wrong view.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #274 on: December 9, 2014, 03:44:05 pm »
bet the fans who sit for premier league games stand tonight  ::) really don't understand some people's mindsets.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: December 9, 2014, 04:50:12 pm »
Walked through town today and saw a half an half Liverpool/Chelsea + Liverpool/Villa scarves around people's necks, so i'm not expecting something incredible. Hope i'm proven wrong
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #276 on: December 9, 2014, 04:52:20 pm »
bet the fans who sit for premier league games stand tonight  ::) really don't understand some people's mindsets.

We have something to play for.   

The atmosphere will be fine.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: December 9, 2014, 04:52:21 pm »
Walked through town today and saw a half an half Liverpool/Chelsea + Liverpool/Villa scarves around people's necks, so i'm not expecting something incredible. Hope i'm proven wrong

:o

Bizarre to say the least.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline livesound

• Kopite
« Reply #278 on: December 9, 2014, 06:02:15 pm »

What do you expect? Will likely be full of day-trippers as per ...

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #279 on: December 9, 2014, 08:34:14 pm »
magical stuff