Author Topic: The Hip Hop Thread  (Read 791832 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Hip Hop Thread
« Reply #9760 on: April 10, 2024, 10:21:32 am »
Kendrick is miles better than both, basically.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #9761 on: April 10, 2024, 12:15:22 pm »
Kendrick is miles better than both, basically.

I do want to see a Kendrick vs Drake not gonna lie. Just the music not any of the other instagram circus etc

Prefer Kendrick's style and the way he comes across....also Cole too - I know he is getting pelters for what he did but ability-wise nothing has changed. He will probably have to avoid any bragging about being the best if he raps anymore however!

Alot of ego on the line this summer  ;D
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9762 on: April 20, 2024, 02:43:24 pm »
Was a massive hip hop head growing up . Nothing compares to run the jewels nowadays though. Hopefully they release a new album soon.

Just cannot get into into the likes of kendrick Lamar and drake.  Their voices suck and that's a huge thing for me along with flow. You could have the best lyricist but if they have a boring monotone voice or choppy flow, I'm not listening.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #9763 on: April 22, 2024, 09:51:06 am »
what does everyone think of this "big 3 beef" ?

the j.cole apology recently...strange move but he seems to have tapped out.
kendrick vs drake then, will it happen or die out into subliminals for eternity...?

Lyrically Kendrick has it - I'm not a fan of Drake and is Hip-Pop.

Like Ye said in his remix "I can't even think of a Drake line".

Put it this way, none of these guys have it in their locker to drop a Takeover vs. Ether level exchange.
JFT97

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9764 on: April 22, 2024, 06:06:27 pm »
Was a massive hip hop head growing up . Nothing compares to run the jewels nowadays though. Hopefully they release a new album soon.

Just cannot get into into the likes of kendrick Lamar and drake.  Their voices suck and that's a huge thing for me along with flow. You could have the best lyricist but if they have a boring monotone voice or choppy flow, I'm not listening.
it's an obvious shout but have you tried listening to good kid maad city? I thought the same as you listening to to pimp a butterfly, I just did not understand the hype. Found none of the songs particularly grabbed me and I didn't love his voice either. Eventually worked backwards and found that GKMC is just absolutely exceptional, one of the very best.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #9765 on: May 1, 2024, 01:10:27 pm »
So round 1 done - kendrick is winning i think its safe to say, but feels like more will come hopefully

Lyrically Kendrick has it - I'm not a fan of Drake and is Hip-Pop.

Like Ye said in his remix "I can't even think of a Drake line".

Put it this way, none of these guys have it in their locker to drop a Takeover vs. Ether level exchange.

There's been some really decent battles in the past - i do love that element of hip hop. Ether/Takeover were excellent tracks - also liked the follow ups in blueprint2/last real.....alive

I will say this one is interesting so far, the beats chosen have especially been good.
But in terms of listening to rappers today. I pick and choose certain songs and moments like this 'beef' that catch my attention but generally listen to "my" era which is Doggystle through to around the Documentary before my interest tailed off to more casual
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #9766 on: May 1, 2024, 08:20:28 pm »
Bringing up battles from the past, Tim Dog's 'Fuck Compton' dis of NWA was both hilarious and actually reasonably accurate. Lyrics by an angry 12 year old, but hey it was the 90's.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9767 on: May 1, 2024, 08:49:41 pm »
Not sure Tim Dog was a battle he just straight up called them out to get attention, he did the similar with snoop with 'bitch with a perm' but he wasn't saying much away from them tunes as funny as they were.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #9768 on: Yesterday at 09:14:19 am »
So round 1 done - kendrick is winning i think its safe to say, but feels like more will come hopefully

There's been some really decent battles in the past - i do love that element of hip hop. Ether/Takeover were excellent tracks - also liked the follow ups in blueprint2/last real.....alive

I will say this one is interesting so far, the beats chosen have especially been good.
But in terms of listening to rappers today. I pick and choose certain songs and moments like this 'beef' that catch my attention but generally listen to "my" era which is Doggystle through to around the Documentary before my interest tailed off to more casual

I'm in a similar situation.

More tracks have dropped overnight, I'm trying to keep up.

I still think Chris Brown has dropped the best diss of 2024 :lmao
JFT97

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9769 on: Yesterday at 08:14:05 pm »
Meet the Grahams made me feel a bit uncomfortable actually. Like, not in a bad way necessarily. It's the first time it didn't sound like WWE-style rap beef and actually like he genuinely fucking hates Drake, everything he stands for and how it's reflected within the industry, especially with regard to young women.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9770 on: Today at 08:14:05 am »
Kendrick has murdered him.