Author Topic: Playstation 5 (2020)  (Read 147602 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Playstation 5 (2020)
« Reply #2120 on: March 16, 2022, 06:32:31 pm »
Adaptive triggers are maybe my fav PS5 feature

That or the crazy fast loading

Yep. Astros Playroom is great at showing it off.

We're not really seeing the generational jump in graphics though

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2121 on: March 16, 2022, 07:57:50 pm »
Perhaps harsh on the people working on it, but shame they're choosing to highlight a JK Rowling product.

They have tried their best to distance themselves from her with it, even going as far as putting in the FAQ on the games website that she’s not directly involved and the game is only based around the world she built.

As much of a twat as she is, millions around the world love the HP universe, it’s a cash cow and no matter what she says, it’ll continue to be a cash cow.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #2122 on: March 17, 2022, 02:17:21 pm »
Perhaps harsh on the people working on it, but shame they're choosing to highlight a JK Rowling product.

Careful now, if you call JK Rowling out for what she is some esteemed RAWK contributors might get upset  ;)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2123 on: March 17, 2022, 02:38:14 pm »
Playing GTA 5 last night

Very strange having now played it on 3 generations of Playstation.

Plays very well. Doesn't feel like a whole new game. Just an upscaled version. But small things like the phone sounds coming through your control pad are a nice touch.

It's not as lazy as the GTA trilogy remake which is very poor.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2124 on: March 17, 2022, 02:39:38 pm »
Also managed to platinum trophy Spiderman Remastered on the PS5 as well.

Love how well the game plays. Flying through New York with the resistive trigger buttons fells very good.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2125 on: March 17, 2022, 07:30:33 pm »
Just added an internal 1TB SSD to my PS5. Was more hassle than planned as the screw you should use to secure the SSD threaded, which after a quick Google doesn’t seem uncommon! I managed to improvise with another screw which will hold it in place fine.

PS5 found and formatted the drive straight away and I transferred about 150gb of games over to it in under a minute. Handy to have the extra space now more games are out that I fancy playing!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2126 on: March 17, 2022, 07:35:36 pm »
Just added an internal 1TB SSD to my PS5. Was more hassle than planned as the screw you should use to secure the SSD threaded, which after a quick Google doesn’t seem uncommon! I managed to improvise with another screw which will hold it in place fine.

PS5 found and formatted the drive straight away and I transferred about 150gb of games over to it in under a minute. Handy to have the extra space now more games are out that I fancy playing!

Yep same happened to me, pain in the arse. I just used one screw rather than two if I remember correctly, working absolutely fine though and connected properly to the heatsink.

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #2127 on: March 17, 2022, 09:38:21 pm »

That screw screwed me too!
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2128 on: March 19, 2022, 01:22:01 pm »
Am still really enjoying GT7. I’ve got all the licenses, not all gold yet. Am at about 34 for the menus and the races now are getting longer and a bit more challenging. I’ve not really bought any cars yet so have about 1.5M credits saved.

Given I’ve paid £70 for the game I’m not paying any more for cars via micro transactions so if it gets really grindy to progress at some point I might lose interest a bit. Lots a negative reviews on this aspect given the recent 24 hrs offline and they’ve seemingly made it more of a grind!

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #2129 on: March 20, 2022, 06:17:53 pm »
Barely play my PS5 digital edition at all. Might even sell it. Is there anywhere that I can easily sell it at cost? Its got digital fifa 22 on it too.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2130 on: March 22, 2022, 01:49:05 pm »
Loving GT7, but it would be nice to compare lap times etc with 'friends'. Trouble is I haven't got any PSN friends with GT7. I've got 104 friends in real life, so not lonely, I'm not a weirdo and you won't find me outside your house in the bushes one night in your underpants, with a fishing rod and a bucket of chicken.

Add me!  aphillips_2412

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2131 on: March 22, 2022, 03:44:42 pm »
Loving GT7, but it would be nice to compare lap times etc with 'friends'. Trouble is I haven't got any PSN friends with GT7. I've got 104 friends in real life, so not lonely, I'm not a weirdo and you won't find me outside your house in the bushes one night in your underpants, with a fishing rod and a bucket of chicken.

Add me!  aphillips_2412

I was going to add you until you said you wouldn’t be outside.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2132 on: March 23, 2022, 07:28:38 pm »
It used to a simple concept: make a game, sell a game. If its good, it sells more = profit. Job done. Make another game. It had seemed Sony had did their job and allowed PD to make their game good. That wasn't enough. Its never fucking enough for these companies now, so its not a shock to see GT7 follow in all the rest of the greedy c*nts footsteps and completly destroy their game and reputation because they just cant fucking help themselves. The latest GT7 patch is arguably the most digusting thing in the industry thus far, and that is saying something. Someone might come here and say "oh, here comes Mac again with more hyperbole". That's fine. But if you think its OK to pay 60 quid or whatever for a product that needs to always be online to play a single player mode and having actual real money economy that charges upward of 30 quid for a fucking digtal car thats actually in the game you paid for, but is locked out via a ridiculous amount of grind to get it, well, youre whats wrong and thats why even the likes of Sonys flagship darling ip has ended up the way it is.

Ill never touch the game so long as these things remain. Sony and PD need to backtrack and offer a sincere apology and an assurance that shit like this will never happen again. But who am I trying to kid?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 07:30:48 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2133 on: March 24, 2022, 09:09:28 pm »

Add me!  aphillips_2412

Couldn’t find you mate, give me an add if you want AndyMulrooney.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #2134 on: March 25, 2022, 08:43:04 am »
Update on GT7 in the link below. Basically, free 1 million credits for last week's server maintenance issues, rebalancing the game's economy and the addition of longer races, new events, missions and car/track content. The latter bits were to be expected given how Polyphony updated GTS, but still nice to see confirmation all the same.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/25/gran-turismo-7-an-update-from-polyphony-digital/#sf254892831
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2135 on: March 25, 2022, 05:25:36 pm »
Good news on the changes to GT7 although I’ve nearly finished the menus now so won’t really see much from the improved payouts for those. Will cash in the million extra credits later and might treat myself to a McLaren or Aston Martin, maybe a Ferrari depending on the next menu.

I’m currently on the rally menu, 30 something, I hate the rallying… I won the first one I tried but I just find them less fun than the tarmac!

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #2136 on: March 25, 2022, 07:11:49 pm »
Good news on the changes to GT7 although I’ve nearly finished the menus now so won’t really see much from the improved payouts for those. Will cash in the million extra credits later and might treat myself to a McLaren or Aston Martin, maybe a Ferrari depending on the next menu.

I’m currently on the rally menu, 30 something, I hate the rallying… I won the first one I tried but I just find them less fun than the tarmac!

Massive fan of gran turismo myself. Whilst certainly not immune from giving the studio criticism, I'm willing to be more a bit more lenient than most (I guess). The whole microtransaction thing really kicks in after you finish the menu books. Was satisfied with the game up until that point then it became apparent that the amount of grinding was insane, especially with having to spend credits on tuning as well.

Anyway, whilst not the world's best player by any stretch, I could usually get within about 1 - 2.5% of the best times on the time trials on GTS. If anyone wants to add me to their friend list for a bit of friendly competition (as was mentioned by earlier posters) just drop me a PM with your details  :)

Edit: Ain't started a new thread in ages, but would be willing to take ownership for a specific GT7 thread if enough people wanted one, rather than a handful of us posting in here and clogging the ps5 one up. Useful site for anyone with more than a passing interest in the game if you haven't come across it already is below. Always worth checking out for speculation, news, updates, etc.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gran-turismo-7/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 07:39:04 pm by cormorant »
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2137 on: March 25, 2022, 07:54:04 pm »
Edit: Ain't started a new thread in ages, but would be willing to take ownership for a specific GT7 thread if enough people wanted one, rather than a handful of us posting in here and clogging the ps5 one up. Useful site for anyone with more than a passing interest in the game if you haven't come across it already is below. Always worth checking out for speculation, news, updates, etc.

Go for it, most other big titles have their own thread

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #2138 on: March 25, 2022, 08:30:03 pm »
Massive fan of gran turismo myself. Whilst certainly not immune from giving the studio criticism, I'm willing to be more a bit more lenient than most (I guess). The whole microtransaction thing really kicks in after you finish the menu books. Was satisfied with the game up until that point then it became apparent that the amount of grinding was insane, especially with having to spend credits on tuning as well.

Anyway, whilst not the world's best player by any stretch, I could usually get within about 1 - 2.5% of the best times on the time trials on GTS. If anyone wants to add me to their friend list for a bit of friendly competition (as was mentioned by earlier posters) just drop me a PM with your details  :)

UTW18 is my username.  Anyone can add me.  I fell off driving games years ago but this is sick.  No idea how good/bad I am yet to be honest, suspect I'm below average.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2139 on: March 29, 2022, 02:02:17 pm »
New Playstation Plus tiers announced - Arriving in June in Asia and then selected markets after

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/29/all-new-playstation-plus-launches-in-june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/#sf255029422

Essential - What you have now. 2 games a month. Online gaming. Cloud backup of saves, Automatic updates applied  - £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly
Extra - Essential plus Playstation Now (library of approx 400-500 games) Download and play - £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly
Premium - Essential + Extra + library of PS3 games (over cloud), PS2, PS1 and PSP (downloadable on PS4, PS5 and PC). Time limited trials of selected newly released games - £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly

They are going head on with Gamepass
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 02:08:32 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2140 on: March 29, 2022, 02:12:29 pm »
Appears that if you're on PS+ then you will be migrated to Essential at no charge

If you have PS Now then you'll move to Premium at no additional charge (if you are on this package it might be worth stacking up a couple of years subscription before your price goes up)

No word on what the upgrade paths will be for those already on subscription.

I dont see the Gamepass Ultimate loophole happening here.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2141 on: March 29, 2022, 02:45:30 pm »
Way too much money to dip my toes in their old ps1/2 catalogue (which won't exactly be curated to be all that better on the new platform, I'd guess)

I'll be passing, and don't feel like I'm missing out on much. If people say it's good after it's established I can always try for a month or something.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2142 on: March 29, 2022, 02:55:36 pm »
£50 more, annually, than what I currently pay for all that seems like an absolute no brainer.

just over £8 a month...

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2143 on: March 29, 2022, 02:56:28 pm »
Way too much money to dip my toes in their old ps1/2 catalogue (which won't exactly be curated to be all that better on the new platform, I'd guess)

I'll be passing, and don't feel like I'm missing out on much. If people say it's good after it's established I can always try for a month or something.

That 400/500 library includes PS5 games

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2144 on: March 29, 2022, 03:02:24 pm »
Are we talking literally every PS1, PS2 and PS3 game being available?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2145 on: March 29, 2022, 03:04:08 pm »
Shite that it's streaming, hopefully they eventually let you download.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2146 on: March 29, 2022, 03:06:15 pm »
That 400/500 library includes PS5 games
That particular catalogue doesn't particularly appeal to be honest, maybe I could work through it but I have loads in a back catalogue already and I'm not too fussed about new games except a handful that I doubt are included (.ike Horizon, God of War and stuff like that).

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2147 on: March 29, 2022, 03:10:53 pm »
Are we talking literally every PS1, PS2 and PS3 game being available?

'Beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations'

You'll find the big ones easy enough. I reckon they will rotate in and out like on the Xbox

Some will be available to download. I don't know enough about the Playstation now service to know how good it is

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2148 on: March 29, 2022, 04:13:55 pm »
Will have to see what the library is like for PS1 & 2 before I commit. PS3 streaming library will be much like now I imagine and I pretty much played everything on PS4 and 5 that I wanted to and don't fancy revisiting them games. Some nice nostalgia from PS1 and 2 but that's about it.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2149 on: March 29, 2022, 04:23:31 pm »

It’s streaming and download, it’s in the blog post.

Think it’s only PS3 games that are streaming only.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2150 on: March 29, 2022, 05:27:25 pm »
The mid tier sounds promising. Interesting to see two relatively recent first party exclusives on there as well (Returnal and Miles Morales).

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2151 on: March 29, 2022, 05:27:53 pm »
Will have to see what the library is like for PS1 & 2 before I commit. PS3 streaming library will be much like now I imagine and I pretty much played everything on PS4 and 5 that I wanted to and don't fancy revisiting them games. Some nice nostalgia from PS1 and 2 but that's about it.

Isn't it more about what you get to save on in the future as well? Say just one AAA ps5 game is released on this service per year. That literally pays for itself then, if you're a PS+ subscriber already

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #2152 on: March 29, 2022, 05:42:02 pm »
looks more like nintendo online service rather than gamepass

pretty much just combining ps+ and psnow into a single service. which is a little disappointing

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2153 on: March 30, 2022, 05:26:28 pm »
They have to do something to answer Microsoft and Gamepass. I’m with ShatnersBasoon on this. It’s ok, but at the same time kinda meh.

Would have been much better if they could offer many ps1, ps2 and ps3 titles. But I don’t know if that’s even possible.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2154 on: March 30, 2022, 10:55:33 pm »
They have to do something to answer Microsoft and Gamepass. I’m with ShatnersBasoon on this. It’s ok, but at the same time kinda meh.

Would have been much better if they could offer many ps1, ps2 and ps3 titles. But I don’t know if that’s even possible.

The third tier offers all of those you’ve listed plus the ps4 and ps5 games.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2155 on: March 30, 2022, 11:45:19 pm »
Couldn't find his either but added you. I’m PhantasmalFrog.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2156 on: March 31, 2022, 03:33:31 pm »

Added

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2157 on: April 2, 2022, 04:15:29 am »

It isn't streaming

It's literally only PlayStation 3 games that are (with the option to do it for PS1, PS2 and Vita). Which people may still moan about but meh I emulate on my PC and its still not perfect in 2022

This article explains it very clearly with all the tiers

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/new-ps-plus-memberships-all-three-tiers-explained

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2158 on: April 2, 2022, 04:47:45 am »
looks more like nintendo online service rather than gamepass

pretty much just combining ps+ and psnow into a single service. which is a little disappointing

I don't really see what else they could have done other than tank their business model by immediately offering first party and third party new games. That is not a cheap endeavor. When Microsoft do this they eat the cost. The Xbox console is not and I think never has been profitable and Gamepass itself also loses money or has only just reached profitablity, though last I looked it up, it was "sustainable" due to MS deep pockets, and not "profitable". Might be profitable now, depends how you look at it:
https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/6/22422691/microsoft-xbox-consoles-profit-software-services-revenue-apple-epic-games-trial

Suggests it all just about adds up now, though taken as a whole

Worth noting as well that the "new" Gamepass games are often ones MS has had some involvement in developing themselves. With the kind of titles coming to Sony's service, I think that's pretty similar.

As a gamer and as a developer I think the real only neat part of Gamepass that doesn't distort the industry (cause the entire strategy is Microsoft bankrolling it despite it not reaping profit which I hate whether in football or not...) is the archival nature of having the recent, older games that get a second chance at life after release window, and then the developer / publisher one more source of income especially if they have DLC or are more of a service game

The games industry has traditionally had a serious problem in archiving its games and I think we are in a golden area of that now

Microsoft threw so much money for us for day one access to one game our publisher made it would have paid for the cost of development. Which is nice, but interestingly it didn't cannibalise sales too much. It turned out to be a bonus. I don't know how different our figures are but that would suggest Gamepass does not outnumber the traditional "buy to own" customers. If Sony did start doing that for third party games, it would cost a ton, and you'd probably see retail prices shoot up. Which nobody wants  :D

Yet you can't rely on that money. It's a game at a time deal, usually I think (can't see the info for every game). At any rate the Gamepass deals seem to be arranged pretty late in the dev process, and the idea of a game studio reliant entirely on Gamepass worries me a bit. They're basically hedging their bets on being first party. For the record I don't think many of any studios actually operate like this as the buy to own model is far from dead.

Sony taking more third party games on would be cool, though I'd have to see a full list of what games are available to really comment on it properly. I think the quality vs quantity argument is definitely being forgotten sometimes

So I think the Sony model is solid for this reason. Gamepass sounds like it's taking over the industry, but I only ever see this suggestion online as it isn't and figures I've seen don't suggest it is yet. And adopting that business model currently (it is worth mentioning Microsoft are in it for the long haul) is essentially taking the "throw money at the problem" approach.

Most of the criticism I've seen for the Sony stuff is either 1) the PS3 architecture is weird, so streaming and 2) it's not Gamepass, which, so what, get that then. I reckon if this includes discounts for new games they're onto a winner (PS Plus sales are underrated IMO)

The way it seems this will work out is for the customer you keep the current model of money down to own a game on release, and you get access to slightly older stuff later though subscribing. To me, the real criticism isn't even a new one: if you want to get a new game, basically the prices are through the roof. That needs to change.

But the money has to come from somewhere. Offering everything free immediately would entail cannibalising profits. It would be nice to benefit the consumer but not in a way that distorts the industry (for similar reasons I also take a dim view of Epic - the Man City approach to running a game store)

I think in all we have plenty of games to be getting on with. I can't name more than two of three upcoming games I am seriously looking at buying. As ever, if you're a consumer, vote with your feet. It's down to Sony to give you games you simply must have and to be fair their recent acquisitions suggest they're fully into that strategy

Microsoft's model: Gamepass under your TV set or PC sod the cost
Sony's: offer the best (though not all) games with the best experiences
Nintendo: lol "sod the others, we're Nintendo"

I think Microsoft are still in last place. Nintendo are actually who to beat. Not suggesting anyone cares more than me, vote with your feet! But to me it is good if the money coming into the gaming industry actually begins in the gaming industry as it guarantees more games. MS injecting cash from other sectors wellllll that sort of thing gets discussed a lot on RAWK  ;)
« Last Edit: April 2, 2022, 05:22:19 am by ToneLa »

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2159 on: April 2, 2022, 07:59:05 am »

Cracking post, what I've been trying to say for a few years but more articulate. :D

I was looking through my library last night and there is still so much I've not started or only just started and then dropped. I think we are spoilt for choice to be honest across platforms. I don't think you can lose whatever your preference, there's a platform for everyone's tastes.