Author Topic: Pre-Season Thread  (Read 434632 times)

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pre-Season 2021/22 Thread
« Reply #2320 on: August 9, 2021, 10:00:59 pm »
That's bollocks, Neco made great strides tonight. He's improving all the ime. Got a high ceiling that kid

Hes allergic to using his left foot. That's his biggest downfall. Some gives and goes tonight, he wasn't comfortable to use his left foot, touch with his right, pass with his right. He's still a good back up fullback for the upcoming season.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #2321 on: August 9, 2021, 10:01:03 pm »
Been some guy on here posting for about a year that all Bobby Dazzler needed was the fans back in and those who wrote him off were somewhere between hasty and deluded.

ha what does he know.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2322 on: August 9, 2021, 10:02:34 pm »
Osasuna is a pretty terrible team but all in all was a fun watch.

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #2323 on: August 9, 2021, 10:02:46 pm »
For me, Konate was brilliant, effortless and a great passer, looks like hes in the mould of Virgil.
Ox was the best player on the pitch with Bobby..
Taki moves into great space, but he just doesnt seem to have an easy finish in him.. Gomez looked class too.
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2324 on: August 9, 2021, 10:07:34 pm »
The biggest takeaway from these games  for my money is the degree to which pressing looks likely to play a larger role this season, at least whilst the squad is predominantly fit. We've looked much more willing to play the low % penetrative pass in the last few games rather than endlessly recycling the ball.

Ox and Co have looked positively possessed, which can only be by instruction.

I'll certainly feel more confident against the likes of Burnley if we are going back to trusting the press to be sustainable and act as our auxiliary playmaker again.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2325 on: August 9, 2021, 10:09:56 pm »
Ox has surely played his way into the starting XI. Think it’ll be Fab, Milner, then one of Keita or Ox. Latter for me after today.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2326 on: August 9, 2021, 10:12:43 pm »
Ox has surely played his way into the starting XI. Think it’ll be Fab, Milner, then one of Keita or Ox. Latter for me after today.

I don't think we'd start Ox and Keita away at Norwich. Fabinho and Milner for the defensive stability with Henderson on the bench. Ox or Keita is going to be a tough choice for that game. Ox done enough today though to get the nod.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #2327 on: August 9, 2021, 10:25:43 pm »
Actually think Keita will start. Ox was brilliant today but I think he's not as accurate as Naby in his passing/through balls. Of course i might be wrong but its good we've had so many good performances. A good headache for the boss to have
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2328 on: August 9, 2021, 10:42:51 pm »
I think Neco will make it as a full back in a team that doesn't expect its fullbacks to dominate the entire flank of the pitch and provide incredible passing. He's a steady-eddie but physically I cannot see him having the strength and speed to provide what we will need. He is a repurposed CM after all, isn't he?

That Beck lad seems a natural player. Whippet quick, great delivery and a good footballer. The standard of footballer that we produce continues to rise under Inglethorpe.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2329 on: August 9, 2021, 10:43:13 pm »
Klopp namechecking Clarkson, seemed very impressed with his performance.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2330 on: August 9, 2021, 10:58:39 pm »

I love how the media and even certain sections of our fans and definitely other team, laugh at our depth

I get it tho.

You can laugh in ignorance.

You certainly laugh in fear

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #2331 on: August 9, 2021, 11:04:51 pm »
I think Neco will make it as a full back in a team that doesn't expect its fullbacks to dominate the entire flank of the pitch and provide incredible passing. He's a steady-eddie but physically I cannot see him having the strength and speed to provide what we will need. He is a repurposed CM after all, isn't he?

That Beck lad seems a natural player. Whippet quick, great delivery and a good footballer. The standard of footballer that we produce continues to rise under Inglethorpe.

Beck doesn’t look big enough to be a first team player yet. He’s only just 19 (today) so might be a late developer. Certainly seems to be a good footballer.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2332 on: August 9, 2021, 11:15:13 pm »
First watch tonight of our starving squad and was much impressed. I would definitely like to be over loaded up front in having Olmo and I would definitely like to have another midfielder who was primed to bring us excitement, but equally, I was really impressed by Clarkson mostly, but also Jones and Naby have had some good games and Ox etc tonight.

We look armed.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2333 on: August 9, 2021, 11:23:46 pm »
First watch tonight of our starving squad and was much impressed. I would definitely like to be over loaded up front in having Olmo and I would definitely like to have another midfielder who was primed to bring us excitement, but equally, I was really impressed by Clarkson mostly, but also Jones and Naby have had some good games and Ox etc tonight.

We look armed.

Our dietary department needs some work.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2334 on: August 9, 2021, 11:39:22 pm »

Yep, he was excellent.. looks like he's got an old head on his shoulders...if he keeps doing what he did tonight he could definitely have a future here...... Overall a very enjoyable game that's whetted the appetite for Saturday........that kit's shite though
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2335 on: August 9, 2021, 11:43:17 pm »
Yep, he was excellent.. looks like he's got an old head on his shoulders...if he keeps doing what he did tonight he could definitely have a future here...... Overall a very enjoyable game that's whetted the appetite for Saturday........that kit's shite though

Kit is wonderful

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2336 on: August 10, 2021, 12:06:32 am »
This squad is seriously fucking coached.

But we know that, don't we?

Lovely to see Ben Woodburn play so well tonight.

Klopp must have loved this preseason with being able to do the double mini games, building up to 90mins and using more players. It’s much more useful than the exhibition matches and preseason competitions.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #2337 on: August 10, 2021, 12:28:00 am »

Clarkson reminds me a bit of Souness. Not in terms of his physical presence/ nastiness, but in terms of his awareness of what's going on around him. Can see him bossing games in the near future.

General comment on the last few games: I don't know how Klopp's going to pick his best 11. What a squad! And the press is back with a vengeance.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 12:30:40 am by RedBootsTommySmith »
Victorious and glorious....

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2338 on: August 10, 2021, 01:47:05 am »
Really enjoyed the energy and enthusiasm all the players brought to those last 2 games.  Baring injuries you could pick Klopps preferred starting 11 pretty easily the last couple seasons with maybe 1 rotation.  There's been a real feel that maybe a couple of those are up for grabs this preseason and everyone worked their arses off.  Well maybe not so much the preferred starting 11 but definitely who is next in line.  Hope they all stay fit and keep pushing eachother throughout the season.   

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2339 on: August 10, 2021, 02:06:41 am »
And here's the news you've been waiting for...😁

Norwich City v Liverpool

Referee: Andre Marriner.
Assistants: Simon Long, Richard West.
Fourth official: Andy Madley.
VAR: Stuart Attwell.
Assistant VAR: Gary Beswick.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #2340 on: August 10, 2021, 05:40:53 am »
Neco better get his skates on if he is going to come through - that Bradley looks another natural footballer (if we feed him steak upon steak).

“Joe Louis eats steak, and if it’s good enough for him…”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #2341 on: August 10, 2021, 05:41:41 am »
And here's the news you've been waiting for...😁

Norwich City v Liverpool

Referee: Andre Marriner.
Assistants: Simon Long, Richard West.
Fourth official: Andy Madley.
VAR: Stuart Attwell.
Assistant VAR: Gary Beswick.

Same old shit.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2342 on: August 10, 2021, 07:32:34 am »
Squad doesn't't look so bad now, eh? Do we need a new midfielder? Arguably (if Henderson's injury is debilitating) we need an extra body at that end of the pitch, someone versatile to take up the Milner slack after this year. But if we simply finessed Shaqiri and Divock's places into a.n.promising-younger-talent we'd be laughing. Our identity seems to have returned; think the slightly different style last year was an attempt to conserve legs to last a very long season but we can rediscover our manic 'self' this year.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2343 on: August 10, 2021, 07:36:13 am »
I guess that's what Pep meant in his first preseason diary about going back to basics.

Heavy metal football is back 💪

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2344 on: August 10, 2021, 07:48:59 am »
Clarkson reminds me a bit of Souness. Not in terms of his physical presence/ nastiness, but in terms of his awareness of what's going on around him. Can see him bossing games in the near future.

General comment on the last few games: I don't know how Klopp's going to pick his best 11. What a squad! And the press is back with a vengeance.

Reminded me a bit of Gini actually.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2345 on: August 10, 2021, 07:52:15 am »
The squad always looks strong at the start of the season but not to state the obvious its when one or two injuries happen thats when it can start to look very light. Its ok for friendlies but whether we trust several of these players to start a league game is a different question entirely. Still need one or two.

The most encouraging thing is Firmino scoring and Mane’s performances. Only watched two friendlies (Hertha and Athletic) and he was good in both.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2346 on: August 10, 2021, 08:36:47 am »
Hes allergic to using his left foot. That's his biggest downfall. Some gives and goes tonight, he wasn't comfortable to use his left foot, touch with his right, pass with his right. He's still a good back up fullback for the upcoming season.

He's a right footed player ffs. Robbo uses his right a lot doesn't he? Why some of our 'fans' have a downer on Neco is beyong me...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #2347 on: August 10, 2021, 09:08:44 am »
Was a good match yesterday, lots of quick incisive passing and we did create a lot. Lots of good performances and competition for places will heighten the training sessions for all, something we had in abundance until last season.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2348 on: August 10, 2021, 07:36:02 pm »
My boys first game at Anfield yesterday and it didn’t disappoint even though it was ‘only’ a friendly. Great atmosphere still and plenty of singing which he joined in with.

The look on his face when we first walked up the stairs and he saw the pitch for the first time will live with me forever.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #2349 on: August 10, 2021, 11:27:20 pm »
Two terrific back to back performances with different teams against decent opposition especially Bilbao. Incredible really. Not seen much better down the years in pre-season. Arsenal 3-1 charity shield back in the '70's perhaps? Barca 4-0 friendly at Wembley maybe? But from two entirely different line-ups showing the same quality? Bloody amazing.

Anyroad can't fucking wait to see the gob on pampered cheating c*nt Pep and and the gobs on the Man U fans when we lift numbers 20 and 7.

Liverpool NAP.

;D

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #2350 on: August 10, 2021, 11:32:56 pm »
He's a right footed player ffs. Robbo uses his right a lot doesn't he? Why some of our 'fans' have a downer on Neco is beyong me...

I agree P. He's gonna be a good un. Love his feint and turn inside to his left manouevre. It hasn't come off for him much of late but it will in good time. Maybe even before the book review. LOL  ;)  ;D

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2351 on: August 11, 2021, 12:11:19 am »
My boys first game at Anfield yesterday and it didn’t disappoint even though it was ‘only’ a friendly. Great atmosphere still and plenty of singing which he joined in with.

The look on his face when we first walked up the stairs and he saw the pitch for the first time will live with me forever.

Cheers very cool
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #2352 on: August 11, 2021, 12:43:46 am »

Decent player who will probably have a long career in the EFL, making a good living for himself in the process.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2353 on: February 3, 2022, 03:27:01 pm »
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/6d5980ce-84e5-11ec-a9c8-2dfad00a5965?shareToken=07c8e3e3261c679a76c1d3c19dc272a1

Manchester United and Liverpool have held preliminary discussions over taking part in a pre-season friendly in the Far East.

Bangkok has been mooted as a possible venue for the game in July.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2354 on: February 3, 2022, 03:34:11 pm »
I hope they un-think it quickly.

No need to travel unnecessarily for a few reasons, an ongoing pandemic which isn’t going anway in a few months, is one of them.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2355 on: February 14, 2022, 01:10:41 pm »
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1493135624261578752

#LFC in talks to play two lucrative games in Asia this summer. Likely to be United in Bangkok and Palace in Singapore.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2356 on: March 31, 2022, 09:04:18 am »
United game confirmed for Bangkok, July 12th.
AHA!

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2357 on: March 31, 2022, 09:28:20 am »
Cannot be arsed with playing PL teams in pre-season but I guess it's good for people in the Far East so I shouldn't really complain sitting in England!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2358 on: March 31, 2022, 10:12:17 am »

And thank God I'm only watching the game controlling it.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
    • Facebook
« Reply #2359 on: April 4, 2022, 09:50:45 am »

And the ticket prices! 😂😂😂😂😂
I think I love football more than woman...