Author Topic: Pre-Season Thread  (Read 434627 times)

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Pre-Season 2021/22 Thread
« Reply #2240 on: August 9, 2021, 09:08:51 pm »
Ox deserved to be taken off there to get the standing ovation. Delighted for him and fingers crossed he gets a run of luck with his fitness now.

Very excited for the season.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2241 on: August 9, 2021, 09:08:55 pm »
It's going to be a fun season again 😜

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2242 on: August 9, 2021, 09:08:57 pm »
Ox MOTM performance
yep absolutely buzzing.hope he stays fit .

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2243 on: August 9, 2021, 09:08:59 pm »
Lots to enjoy tonight. Everyone looked bright.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2244 on: August 9, 2021, 09:09:39 pm »
Really enjoyed that.

Oxlade-Chamberlain was the best player on the pitch but we were excellent. Minamino and Tsimikas were great, Clarkson was really impressive when he came on, Woodburn played well.

Roll on Saturday now, can't wait for the season to start - we look more than ready after a really good pre-season.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2245 on: August 9, 2021, 09:09:51 pm »
Could watch that all day every day.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2246 on: August 9, 2021, 09:10:12 pm »
Gomez was superb….

He’s much less rusty than VVD
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #2247 on: August 9, 2021, 09:10:22 pm »
Proper appetiser that. Can't wait now.  :)

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2248 on: August 9, 2021, 09:10:45 pm »
Team for Norwich

Becker

TAA, Matip, VVD, Kostas
Fab, Milner, Naby or Elliot
Salah, Bobby or Jota, Mane

Subs
Kelleher
Gomez
Konate
Hendo
Thiago
Ox
Naby/Elliot
Taki
Bobby/Jota

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #2249 on: August 9, 2021, 09:11:44 pm »
How can anyone miss from mentioning Fabinho? He was so clearly the difference between yesterday and today. He really is a lighthouse.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2250 on: August 9, 2021, 09:11:48 pm »
I reckon if we were ever forced into playing a youth team in a cup again, we’d give a serious game to decent quality opposition. So much talent on the conveyor belt right now.
AHA!

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2251 on: August 9, 2021, 09:12:14 pm »
Good performance

Ox, Clarkson, Taki, Tsimikas all stood out. Credit to Origi, for all the stick he gets you cant accuse the lad of being lazy, gives his all every time he plays for us.

Clarkson should be given more time if we are to stick with what we've got at CM. Think he would do well at premier league level as he has great awareness and plays the game at pace

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2252 on: August 9, 2021, 09:12:18 pm »
Who's the better prospect out of Cain and Clarkson?

Clarkson IMO. Very intelligent on and off the ball, his passing has always been outstanding and he takes a good set-piece.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2253 on: August 9, 2021, 09:12:47 pm »
In good standing going into the season. Massive shame to lose Robertson this late but Tsimikas has had a very good pre season and will be keen to push on. Centre halves have returned well and Konate looks good, plus midfield options like Keita and Chamberlain looking sharp. Any win though will do against Norwich and hopefully we can take it from there.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2254 on: August 9, 2021, 09:13:14 pm »
I reckon if we were ever forced into playing a youth team in a cup again, we’d give a serious game to decent quality opposition. So much talent on the conveyor belt right now.

Think we have a good chance of a domestic cup this season even if we rotate heavily.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2255 on: August 9, 2021, 09:13:39 pm »
Gomez was superb….

Yeah, expected him to take a while but he does look sharp. Matip always returns like he's never been away.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2256 on: August 9, 2021, 09:13:49 pm »
I'm already thinking this squad looks decent, then on trot Hendo and Thiago...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #2257 on: August 9, 2021, 09:14:43 pm »
Divock is truly an enigma. Such an elegant player. He dances around like Henry at times. really feel like a lower or mid table club could build around him and be very successful.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2258 on: August 9, 2021, 09:14:51 pm »
It's amazing what can happen when someone actually passes to Taki when he makes those runs. ;D

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2259 on: August 9, 2021, 09:15:07 pm »
Sexy Football is back..🏆
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2260 on: August 9, 2021, 09:16:02 pm »
How can anyone miss from mentioning Fabinho? He was so clearly the difference between yesterday and today. He really is a lighthouse.

Fabinho or Henderson are imperative in midfield, ideally both but we always need one of them. Without either in there we're easy to play through. It killed us in the middle third of last season.

If we were getting a midfielder someone else who can cover that number 6 position would be ideal.

Offline fenre

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #2261 on: August 9, 2021, 09:16:42 pm »
It's amazing what can happen when someone actually passes to Taki when he makes those runs. ;D

Think he can surprise us this season. Not easy coming to a new club in the middle of a pandemic, and then going on loan again to a new club also during a pandemic. This would, no doubt, have an impact on a player, and for him, and think he really can deliver some performances if he get a network around him.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2262 on: August 9, 2021, 09:17:14 pm »
Gomez was superb….

Don't think it will happen, but I'd start Konate/Gomez at the weekend. They've looked the sharpest of the four individually, and looked a really promising partnership today. VVD has looked fairly off his level in his limited minutes thus far so I'd not be throwing him in yet.

Biggest winners of the past week probably Tsimikas (performance-wise, not the Robbo injury), Minamino and Ox.

My line up for the weekend would be Alisson - Trent, Konate, Gomez, Tsimikas - Fabinho, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain - Mane, Jota, Salah - but I reckon we'll see Matip and Milner in for Gomez and probably Ox, but we'll certainly have a strong bench.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2263 on: August 9, 2021, 09:17:26 pm »
Gomez was superb….

Absolutely, him and Konate partnership best performance so far.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2264 on: August 9, 2021, 09:17:28 pm »
Sorry mate I'm going to disagree with you on Neco being excellent. He seems like a nice lad but I don't think he has the physicality to play on our team the way we need him to. There were multiple times players made runs ahead of him and he opted to conservatively pass back to Konate instead. Compared to Tsimikas on the opposite wing, not much was created down that right side.

That's bollocks, Neco made great strides tonight. He's improving all the ime. Got a high ceiling that kid
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2265 on: August 9, 2021, 09:18:56 pm »
Think we have a good chance of a domestic cup this season even if we rotate heavily.

Hopefully get some Abu Dhabi favourable draws too

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2266 on: August 9, 2021, 09:18:59 pm »
Q for those who've seen more of him: what's Bradley like defensively? From this match, he seems more comfortable with us in possession than Neco, who seems to have lost the confidence that he showed in 19/20. He looks to do more with the ball, he takes up better positions.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2267 on: August 9, 2021, 09:19:13 pm »
Divock is truly an enigma. Such an elegant player. He dances around like Henry at times. really feel like a lower or mid table club could build around him and be very successful.

I just don't get it with him. He's built like he should bounce any defender in world football into row Z if they came near him, he has pace to burn, and he (sometimes) has a superb touch and shot.

But he just doesn't bring it together, and a lot of the time doesn't look too interested.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2268 on: August 9, 2021, 09:19:47 pm »
Sorry mate I'm going to disagree with you on Neco being excellent. He seems like a nice lad but I don't think he has the physicality to play on our team the way we need him to. There were multiple times players made runs ahead of him and he opted to conservatively pass back to Konate instead. Compared to Tsimikas on the opposite wing, not much was created down that right side.

Agree with this, just not seeing it with Neco.  Feels like he always needs an extra touch before doing anything and he doesn't have the speed or strength to play in our system.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2269 on: August 9, 2021, 09:20:08 pm »
That was fun. Too many good performances to mention. Would like to see taki given another season.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2270 on: August 9, 2021, 09:20:31 pm »
That's bollocks, Neco made great strides tonight. He's improving all the ime. Got a high ceiling that kid
👍can't expect the same consistency with teenagers.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2271 on: August 9, 2021, 09:21:00 pm »
I’d forgotten over the summer how deep our squad can be. The young fellas playing well certainly adds to that feeling.

Amazing what you forget when

Not calling you out but even me

Media squalling THEY BARELY BOUGHT

Meanwhile the Louvre appraise their selection and deem it: Fuck oui

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2272 on: August 9, 2021, 09:21:29 pm »
Agree with this, just not seeing it with Neco.  Feels like he always needs an extra touch before doing anything and he doesn't have the speed or strength to play in our system.

He might have benefited from getting the full pre-season that Tsimikas has. Instead he went to the Euros and that Denmark game probably further affected his confidence.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2273 on: August 9, 2021, 09:23:08 pm »
Neco better get his skates on if he is going to come through - that Bradley looks another natural footballer (if we feed him steak upon steak).
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #2274 on: August 9, 2021, 09:23:35 pm »
I just don't get it with him. He's built like he should bounce any defender in world football into row Z if they came near him, he has pace to burn, and he (sometimes) has a superb touch and shot.

But he just doesn't bring it together, and a lot of the time doesn't look too interested.

I really want him to get a decent move to a premier league club. I’m fascinated to see what an Origi playing every week and given responsibility looks like.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2275 on: August 9, 2021, 09:27:48 pm »
Neco better get his skates on if he is going to come through - that Bradley looks another natural footballer (if we feed him steak upon steak).

Neco wants to leave doesn't he?

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #2276 on: August 9, 2021, 09:30:15 pm »
Neco does not convince me. Physically,  just about ok  but always that tad slow to pass/cross  or takes the extra touch. Might do well in the Championship or League 1 but doesn't seem he "has it" to be anything except an emergency backup for a PL side.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2277 on: August 9, 2021, 09:30:47 pm »
Neco wants to leave doesn't he?

More aimed at the discussion above senor...
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #2278 on: August 9, 2021, 09:31:33 pm »
Disagree but maybe I'm wrong and he'll go on to be a proper option for us. However you can't improve on him not possessing the athletic ability we look for in our fullbacks. He reminds me of Steve Finnan, steady fullback but no Trent or Robbo.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2279 on: August 9, 2021, 09:31:48 pm »
Is there a better set of centre backs in football? I can’t make my mind up who should start on Saturday but I’d probably go with tonight’s just cause vvd looks a bit rusty and I think it will help him knowing there is real competition.

That would be harsh on matip maybe but I think he’s probably most likely to breakdown even with the other two coming off big injuries.